New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

Current list of people who did something noteworthy:

Tigerfang changed a vote to avoid starting a wagon.
    Superdark made a vote a wagon.
    52.5 Lemons made a vote a wagon.
    Gray Mage broke a tie in favor of changing the lynch.
    EvilRoeSlade went after Gray Mage on WIFOM logic.
    Planswalker voted for someone twice in a row.

Of those, Planswalker seems the most suspicious. Those not on the list either played it safe with d1 randavotes or d1 lurking and I refuse to try and read such behavior.

~The Mule
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-09-10 at 06:27 PM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm, casting the same insignificant vote twice isn't anywhere near the most suspicious activity that I've seen. Claiming it to be so however, is.

Someone leaps from a building to land behind TBFProgrammer. "I'm Batmare," says Batmare.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2012-09-10 at 10:18 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

What is WIFOM logic?

4. - Top - End - #124

I had to look it up. Wine In Front Of Me - a reference to the princess bride.

Making a deduction based on a subject's actions when the subject knows their actions are being observed.

This is of course basically the only kind of logic available to us, and TBFProgrammer has used it too.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2012-09-10 at 05:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think The Grimmace ought to be lynched.

Edit: Aaand I'm gonna tell you why. He's Darkwing pony and I need to talk to Applejack.
    Last edited by Grue Bait; 2012-09-10 at 06:01 PM.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Are you making a claim? Because soft claims hurt town more than they help. If you're going to say stuff like that you should actually say what role you are.

I'll save my RP for when I figure out where I want to be pointing. Though likely one of TBF for the spurious logic, Gray Mage for being the most suspicious of the activities TBF listed, or Grue Bait if he doesn't actually claim.

Edit: I would advise Applejack not to contact anyone who hasn't claimed and hasn't been reasonably proven to be what they're claiming.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-10 at 06:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Barrister Trotalot canters into the center of the village to the largest gathering of ponies she could find.
    It appears we have a claimant. The Grimmace has been identified as Darkwing Pony, a pony wanted for treason, by Grue Bait. How do you respond to these claims Grimmace?

After Grimmace has defended himself, I will call for a vote. All those in favour of lynching him, say aye. All those opposed, say neigh

My main reason for choosing Barrister Trotalot has now been fulfilled
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRoeSlade View Post
    I had to look it up. Wine In Front Of Me - a reference to the princess bride.

Making a deduction based on a subject's actions when the subject knows their actions are being observed.
    One little quibble:

WIFOM in WW applies to suspected wolves acting in a manner nominally townish, but not to activity that can be logically supported as suspicious in its own right.

Gray Mage's d1 vote was sticking his neck out, so unless we are to assume I'm a wolf*, probability dictates the action to be nominally town. *I get the added luxury of certainty in stating it is nominally town.

However, it is beneficial to the wolves to keep the number of people they interact with down (and vice versa for town), which leads to double voting being nominally wolfish unless they are a seer. Again, probability dictates a nominally wolfish action.

Now that you understand my meaning in the use of WIFOM, we can move on to reactions:

Disagree with my logic, point out its flaws and suggest a better target. This is the path of a villager when an analyst pokes them.

Vehement retaliation against the analysis and the suggestion that there is no solid logic. This is the path of the new player or the panicky wolf. Two doing it together, => probably wolves.

Why I think ERS is a wolf.

Exhibit 1)
    Hmm, casting the same insignificant vote twice isn't anywhere near the most suspicious activity that I've seen. Claiming it to be so however, is.
    What he actually thinks was the most suspicious thing prior to my post being made is never mentioned. Rather, he suggests that it is obvious enough that anyone not agreeing with him is suspicious. This is patently absurd.

Exhibit 2)
    This is of course basically the only kind of logic available to us, and TBFProgrammer has used it too.
    He dismisses all logic here, unless he is saying WIFOM is fine, in which case my use of it would not be suspect at all (I never said WIFOM was suspicious at this point and I don't really find it so for early d2).

Exhibit 3)
    Look at the votes.

Basically, it is the same reason Lemons always catches me when I'm a wolf , he jumped on a manufactured excuse.

Anyways, The Grimmace, le sigh.

Preview edit: Ramsus, I simply disagree that Gray Mage is the most suspicious of those in my list.
    The BareFoot Programmer

9. - Top - End - #129

The shiny-arsed llama trotted around the town square, trying to help set up the stage for the show. Tomorrow was opening night and the pony playing Brad was getting stage fright. Apparently the good people of Tiaraville had once run a magician off and he was getting nervous that it wasn't safe here. The llama was excited though. It sounded like this crowd took their entertainment seriously and audience participation was always fun!

Spoiler
    Show

(Who would want Reinholdt dead? People with a vengeance against him for Alan Wake? People who feared his skills revealed in Alan Wake? However, I can't find the data from that game, so I'm going to go a different route and assume that the killer was the one man who didn't want the competition from another tiger running around. That's right, the killer is TIGERFANG! )

(you know, or we can test the seer claim. That makes more sense.)
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

Well if we have what appears to be a claim we may as well test it. TheGrimmace

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Are you making a claim? Because soft claims hurt town more than they help. If you're going to say stuff like that you should actually say what role you are.

I'll save my RP for when I figure out where I want to be pointing. Though likely one of TBF for the spurious logic, Gray Mage for being the most suspicious of the activities TBF listed, or Grue Bait if he doesn't actually claim.

Edit: I would advise Applejack not to contact anyone who hasn't claimed and hasn't been reasonably proven to be what they're claiming.
    Seriously? All right fine. I'm Twilight Sparkle, I scried Grimmace last night, found him to be Darkwing Pony, so I assume he would have scried me as well, and now I'm going to die tonight if Applejack doesn't protect me. Happy? Now lynch him, and Applejack can wait till night falls to contact me if (s)he wants.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Alright, let's test the seer claim then. The Grimmace.

Sorry for no rp, I'm feeling very blah today.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2012-09-10 at 07:48 PM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Emperor Treasure spied the pony shouting down from the roof of a building. And shouted back with a Grimmace, "Shut it! Some of us are trying to sleep here!" Despite the fact that probably nopony besides himself was likely trying to sleep at the moment. Not that he cared when anypony else slept as long as they didn't disturb his slumber. He then walked over to the nearest group of ponies and said, "You lot. Carry me to the nearest sleeping establishment. I grow weary of all this nature out here. Can't you mow the lawns once in a while or something? Just look at those hedges! Barely any of them have been trimmed in ghastly foe-humorous fashion." Of course the "hedges" he was indicating were trees but, why should he have to know the difference? He was no gardener!

Edit: TBF was your response to that quote of ERS supposed to be nonsensical? In what circumstance do people actually list the most suspicious things ever when they say things like "that was not the most suspicious thing ever"? Either you're reading way too much into pointing at the same person twice in a row (which a lot of people do quite often) or you're just looking for ways to throw around suspicion while looking to be active and helpful.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-10 at 07:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

It was morning - according to numerous clocks - at the Von Sterling Manor, and Silver Scream was enjoying a breakfast of toast and coffee, only for the Count to somehow appear behind him.
    Good morning Silver Scream!
    Startled, he began choking on his toast. How did he keep doing that? He could see all the doors to the breakfast room over his copy of the Manehattan Chronicle*!
    Goodness, you should really take smaller bites in future.
    The Count thumped him on the back, causing Silver Scream to start coughing. He hated it when he got all cheerful and stealthy like that.
    You seem well this morning Your Illustriousness.
    That's because I feel well! I know for a fact that we shall soon save Equestria from all these annoying kakistocracists and foreign monarchists.
    Now... About that fugitive?

His name is Dark Spark, he's taken up residence in a dumpster he wheeled to the front of the Manor and he doesn't know what kakistocracy is. I think he's an escaped lunatic.
    Oh. In that case, give him a pie, a copy of the Foal's Guide to Governance and send him rolling on his way.
    Yes Your Illustriousness.
    But not the blueberry pie. I think I'll have that for lunch.
    Anyway, matters of pie aside, I've heard excellent news! I received a letter from my good friend Bruce Mane, and it turns out he did not vanish on that ski trip like the Canterlot Times* said.

That's wonderful Your Illustriousness.
    And, even better, I have a lead on who that masked vigilante is!
    The Llamas's aren't-
    The Count gave him a stern look.
    Get over the Llamas good man! I meant Darkwing Pony!
    Don't you mean Batmare?
    Hmm? Catpony? Nothing wrong with her at all. Helps find lost kittens and everything. Anyway... As I was saying before you interrupted... I've received a tip that gives the secret identity of Darkwing Pony.
    The Count pauses as if waiting for a drum roll to materialise from nowhere.
    It's Jazzberry Jam!
    The musician?
    The Jazz musician. Get it right.

---------------

*Seriously? Who would read a newspaper published in Canterlot? It's probably celebrity gossip from cover to cover.

And anyway... The Grimmace despite my love of jazz.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-10 at 09:31 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Edit: TBF was your response to that quote of ERS supposed to be nonsensical? In what circumstance do people actually list the most suspicious things ever when they say things like "that was not the most suspicious thing ever"?
    When they then go on to say that by not seeing and/or agreeing with them on what the most suspicious thing is, in and of itself, suspicious. In other words, he's implying I'm ignoring or downplaying something, but doesn't say what this is. Since he apparently thinks this thing is worth looking at, it is strange he does not elaborate on it.
    The BareFoot Programmer

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

The Grimmace for obvious reasons.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

"Hold on hold on! No one can go out into exile without a hat!" He runs up to The Grimmace and places a large bowler cap on his head.

Alright lets see if this claim is true.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Orange Cadence wore a large grimmace as he stalked through the town, snapping his castanets.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

So, we have day two seer claim? His claim was a bit odd. Indeed, it seems like he jumped the gun on the claiming. Nevertheless, a seer test is a seer test. Yeah, The Grimmace, RP possibly later.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    When they then go on to say that by not seeing and/or agreeing with them on what the most suspicious thing is, in and of itself, suspicious. In other words, he's implying I'm ignoring or downplaying something, but doesn't say what this is. Since he apparently thinks this thing is worth looking at, it is strange he does not elaborate on it.
    Someone is sounding awfully defensive...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

21. - Top - End - #141

Batmare is standing in the most shadowy corner of Von Sterling Manor, where she had been all along. "Stop associating me with those masked vigilantes. Batmare is an unmasked vigilante."

Spoiler
    Show

She opens up an ornate window and prepares to leap into the courtyard, but stops herself. "Also I'm Batmare," says Batmare glancing over her shoulder, before leaping out and landing with a grimmace.

OOC I'm concerned about where this is going, since in this game a changeling can claim to be a seer, finger someone, and then attempt to take over one of us with a 50% of avoiding any repercussions. I fear this is what's happening now, but not even Batmare can stop it.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    So, we have day two seer claim? His claim was a bit odd. Indeed, it seems like he jumped the gun on the claiming. Nevertheless, a seer test is a seer test. Yeah, The Grimmace, RP possibly later.
    Sorry, but knowing Grimmace, he likely scried me last night, so if I didn't claim, I'd probably die tonight without getting anything out there.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

TigerPony was walking through town doing his shopping when he saw a large crowd of ponies gathered around Grue Bay who was shouting at the top of his lungs. "The Grimmace is Dark wing pony and I am Twilight Sparkle! We must find him and stop him". Most of the crowd seemed to agree with him almost immediately.

TigerPony thought this slightly odd... Wasn't Twilight Sparkle supposed to me a mare? Well perhaps it was just a disguise. Funny that she changed sexes though. He Grimmace(d) and walked away trying not to think too much about it. On his way back home he noticed a Llama that was accusing him of wanting Reinholdt dead! That was outrageous! He would never hurt a anypony let alone one that was half feline like him. He was about to turn around and give him a piece of his mind before deciding that the crazy Llama wasn't worth it. He just growled in the llama's general direction and continued home.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

24. - Top - End - #144
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

*points at Grimmace*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Elixir is wandering aimlessly through town, when suddenly he spies a group of ponies sitting on a large cart, each playing a musical instrument in a wonderful harmony.

"Oh my goodness, a bandwagon! I'mma go jump on it!" he exclaims with delight.

(The Grimmace)
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The Grimmace

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Why would you jump on a bandwagon?
    PULL it! its our jobs!
    The grimmace because voteing for non-mainstream targets is too mainstream.

A trash can opend its mouth and exposed a pair of red eyes burning with passion.
    the eyes looked around before retreating back to the safety of the tin.
    The trash can proceeded to grow two pairs of fiery hooved legs, allowing it to mobilize itself to the entrence of the von sterling manor, not before makeing about 16 unnecesery stops to look around.
    upon reaching the wanted coordinates, the trash can spat outside some cardboard boxes and large tin food cans.
    The rustleing pile with opened a shaft using one of its cardbored and air conditioner pipe hands/legs/whatever, exposeing a pair of red eyes burning with passion.
    The armored pony was ready for anything, and knocked the door very quickly, as if he needs help right away.
    Despite everything, its still me.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Someone is sounding awfully defensive...
    Yes, someone does...

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    @V yeah, very suspicious all right. I'm sticking in-character and all that. Of course there is a greater motive than the stated one of "his avvie is yellow too". It must have something to do with a great secret plot. Congrats. TBFProgrammer, revenge vote for not recognizing RP for what it is.
    The BareFoot Programmer

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Yes, someone does...

that makes two of us. Wonder which of us will get lynched tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver Scream?
    Yes Your Illustriousness?
    There's a knock at the door. Go see who it is. Don't forget the pie in case it's the escaped lunatic.
    ------
    Silver Scream opens the door carrying an apple pie and looks around for a moment before noticing the trash can. He sighed.
    Count Von Sterling regrets to inform you that he cannot take in any fugitives at this time as the current situation requires his full attention. Nevertheless, he has seen fit to provide you with a pie and some reading material for your search for a new life.
    He placed the pie and a book entitled "A Foal's Guide to Governance" in front of the trash can and started to close the door.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-11 at 09:01 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!