New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

We can't go with the big names theory anymore. We have a ton of information. We need to use it, not guess what the alpha picked. Just have to examine each day in relation to suspects.

Thank Celestia the Castaras changling shift has been dealt with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Day 1 - Nothing of note.

Day 2 - Grue's seer claim.

Day 3 - Ramsus's fool claim. Debate about legitimacy of both. Almost every wolf debates Ramsus and tries to buy time, get them lynched (GnomeGninjas, Murska, Alarra). Planswalker argues against Ramsus as well and adamantly. Probably more so than a wolf would risk. Note Count Dingdong is 52.5 lemons at this point, but isn't particularly suspicious. Penguinator doesn't vote until things are already decided.

Day 4 - Penguinator votes for gnomegninjas second, putting pressure on him (a near definitive town pony action). Gnome proceeds to claim discord. Planswalker votes for gnomegninjas anyways, though partially as a survival option. However, even when the wagon switches to Mango, he sticks to his guns on gnome. 52.5 votes for Mango.

Day 5 - Gnome votes Penguinator early. Grue calls for gnome's death and everyone votes for him.

Day 6 - Gnome is finally lynched. No info.

Day 7 - Grue claims Murska is scried, but edits to point at Cas to try and cover it up. Everyone votes one of the two. Both are wolves, so no info.

Day 8 - Castaras jumps into Bladescape at night. Bladescape puts up misleading list. Of note, he puts 52.5 lemons as a suspect, knowing he'd be auto-lynched. On the flipside, he also claims planswalker as a town pony. Istari is the most argued for, but Penguinator votes Alarra anyways, though switches to Eternis after Eternis doesn't something super suspicious.

Day 9/10/11 - Chaos kicks in. Grue Bait claims Alarra has been scried. Next three days are Alarra votes. Of note, from day 6-11, 52.5 > Slitzkrieg > Count Dingdong make no votes. Count Dingdong arrives.

Day 12 - I almost get a mason lynched based on blade's list. >> But I pm talk to them and Grue vouches for me so we lynch usoourselves&we. No real info.

Day 13 - bladescape votes Count Dingdong very early. Dingdong attempts analysis (real or fake?). Penguinator does vote history research on a single person. Count Dingdong declares bladescape isn't suspicious.

Day 14 - plans attempts to bait TBF (or so plans claims). Seer goes for super dark and so does everyone else.

Day 15 - bladescape bandwagon. No info.

As things stand it goes: Reinholdt - baner
    Grue Bait - seer
    Penguinator - So obviously town it hurts

This leaves planswalker and Count Dingdong/52.5 lemons.
    Unfortunately, I can see it going either way. Both have had their town moments and their wolf moments.

I'm going to have to favor Count Dingdong as the most likely choice however. Aside from bladescape's point at him, there is no evidence in his favor. In fact there isn't much evidence with him at all. I'm really not sure any role should ever get auto-lynched replaced twice, especially when it takes three days to get auto-lynched. Still, 52.5 lemons did seem to be exceptionally quiet/staying low even when he was here.

In terms of planswalker, he was 'cleared by bladescape', and heavily against Ramsus. But he did keep up pressure on gnomegninjas early on, something I don't think a wolf would do on an alpha with a seer still in the game.

All in all, not the definitive analysis I had hoped for, but one of the suspects has very little information for me to work with.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-27 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

argh, how is it that with only 5 people left, I manage to goof up the names?

*kicks self for being so stupid*

I knew 52.5 lemons was a bad egg from the start. Knowing the history of AL succession, I'm rednaming Count Dingdong for now. That one has been far too quiet far too long.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-27 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Always seems to happen... targeted for wolfy behavior when village and not yet scried/confirmed. Can't say much for predecessors' inactivity but can assure you I'm Town Pony, whatever good that does.

If Reinholdt's right & his trust for Penguinator's based on scries from Grue, only other choice is planswalker. Would really like to hear from Grue here... and hope I've been scried to be proven Town. Only chance when not much else to do here.

As for saying blade's unlikely, was considering based on C'nor. May be "big name" (if going with that) but often inactive from what I've seen. Likely not picked for team so not Beast. Wasn't worrying about Changeling but figured unlikely b/c was bout to be AL'd then. Obviously wrong.

@Pengi: can't see suspicion over Lemons anywhere side from planswalker's RP-based votes early on when Lemons was active? Remember something like that elsewhere though. Classic WW maybe? have to check.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planswalker is Ursa Major.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

planswalker

We should probably lynch Dingdong anyways and go for the tie. Here's hoping he's not a wolf too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, heck. I really didn't think it was planswalker.

Although, I will note he started somewhat meek and then got more aggressive halfway through the game...

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

well, the gig is up.

Grue, mind if I ask how long you've known I was the Ursa Major?

Oh, and because far too little rp has happened so far:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

The yellow pants did not like this one bit. It seems that the last few people have turned on him at the last.

You fools! When have I ever done anything but help this town? I have always tried to do my best to do right by you all, you ingrates! You know not what you are doing if you attack me! If you kill me, many more will die.

Grue Bait just had to finger him today, didn't he? That silly pony couldn't leave well enough alone, could he?
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

8. - Top - End - #698
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    \You fools! When have I ever done anything but help this town? I have always tried to do my best to do right by you all, you ingrates! You know not what you are doing if you attack me! If you kill me, many more will die.
    Aubrey Mayre suddenly gets possessed by Sub-Lime! "You're right. There's only enough room for yellow in this town. Long past time you should go..."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

"That's it! Time to throw down!" Without knowing why, the brown earth pony threw a fudge ripple cake at the heir of sub-lime's evil!

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Woo! More cowbell!"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

"That's it! Time to throw down!" Without knowing why, the brown earth pony threw a fudge ripple cake at the heir of sub-lime's evil!
    As cake hits him in face, Aubrey loses possession and comes to senses. "I say. Whatever was that for? You've gotten my lovely new hat covered in fudge!" Takes chocolate-cake-covered fruit from hat and eats it. "Completely uncalled for."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, I don't know what overcame me. I'm very sorry. Would you like me to make you some cookies as an apology?" The brown earth pony offered. He had no clue what overcame him just then. As the number of survivors in town dwindled, the earth pony was getting concerned. How had he not seen the people dwindling away each day? Why were his dreams so darkly vivid? Why did a fuzzy warm yellow feeling...

No, my dear host, do not think along those lines. In that way lies death.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

"Um, I don't know what overcame me. I'm very sorry. Would you like me to make you some cookies as an apology?" The brown earth pony offered. He had no clue what overcame him just then. As the number of survivors in town dwindled, the earth pony was getting concerned. How had he not seen the people dwindling away each day? Why were his dreams so darkly vivid? Why did a fuzzy warm yellow feeling...

No, my dear host, do not think along those lines. In that way lies death.
    Aubrey respectfully declines, "I'm sorry, but I can't. I've had my fill of chocolate for today. With all these problems, I'm reminded of my hometown. They're in a spot of trouble right now, and I'd like to get back to bail them out." A flicker of remorse appears in his eyes before Mayor-poise returns.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2012-11-27 at 04:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Pssst! This is a kid friendly Werewolf game. No one dies. *Glares at Super Dark* No, not even your guards.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Woooooo!" Orange Cadence bangs a large gong for effect, then begins a stirring rendition of "What Do You Do with a Drunken Sailor" on his bagpipes.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silently, Grue Bay slinks out of the crowd. He had done well enough. He helped to find some less than friendly ponies, but he wasn't fast enough. So many had gone missing from Tiaraville. So many left to find. Donning his coat and a wide-brimmed hat, the pale pony sets out to the next town, a spark of determination in his eye.

To answer your question, Planswalker, since last night. I'm a bad seer, and an even worse analyst.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, that makes me feel pretty good, actually. I apparently managed to convince the majority of the ones left that I was the *least* suspicious one whose alignment was in doubt.

I offed TBF last night because I was scared of what his analysis today would reveal. I'd been banking on you, Grue, either not having scried me yet or perhaps forgetting to get on and reveal your scry this day cycle to spare me one more day. Figured that offing the chief analyst and an absent seer was my only shot at surviving today. My fellow wolves and I spent most of the game scrambling trying to find Applejack so we could off you. Curse you, Reinholdt!

I thought you'd scried me ~night 3 when you spoke up on my defense on like day 4, and I thought it was a double bluff in order to avoid having the ursa major hit power roles until it was too late to matter.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-28 at 01:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe. I know.

Granted, there were several stretches where you coulda killed grue anyways.

Probably a good thing I've been so bad at analysis this game. Wolves didn't have any reason to kill me. =/
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-28 at 01:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

well, our arithmetic was that you likely baned Grue at least as often as you didn't so we thought it was safer to go after the baner. We got stymied because we didn't think it was possible that the baner would auto-lynch.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pfft. I made a hash job of my first game back. First problem was joining half-way through, which meant I was out of the flow.

And on that, well done Rein. I can't remember why I discounted you as baner, but I was sure you weren't.

And thanks for the game, even if I did fail miserably.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I offed TBF last night because I was scared of what his analysis today would reveal.
    The only bit I'd figured was that Reinholdt was part of the network, probably the hidden baner since he obviously wasn't a mason. I knew that a few days back (after the second day that no one wanted to follow that wagon).

I had no idea which of Planswalker, Count Dingdong and Penguinator was the wolf until after I was dead, and even then I couldn't be certain until Grue posted the scry.

Also, I find it funny that I was billed as the chief analyst when all I really did was figure out the Alpha and fail to save Eternis when I knew he wasn't a wolf. Everything else was mostly random stabs with a little bit of gut instinct and apparently the ability to makes the wolves panic.
    The BareFoot Programmer

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

can you point someone who was analyzing BETTER than that?

and yeah, I thought I might have panicked if you'd poked me first.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Well, after Lex posts her narration, i will post mine.
    Despite everything, its still me.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, the day you guys lynched me I gave you both Alarra and Gnomegninjas. And I'd fingered Castaras before that.
    well, our arithmetic was that you likely baned Grue at least as often as you didn't so we thought it was safer to go after the baner. We got stymied because we didn't think it was possible that the baner would auto-lynch.
    Yeah, both the night and day baners autoed. WTF is up with that? I can't land a power role for the life of me, and then these ingrates that get them don't even want to play the game?
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

I was a bit sad that Castaras jumped the night after I was lynched, because I felt that I'd done an adequate job of making it seem like I was actually trying to lynch her. Then again, I could just be wrong about that.

I did feel that attempting against the odds to Change into Grue Bait would've been worth it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I did an analysis of planswalker and TBFProgrammer right after the one I did for ERS. ERS I was sure was a mason, and then TBF I thought was perhaps a fourth mason. Obviously, that wasn't the case. I noted that planswalker became much more aggressive when Castaras left, but when he wasn't the Changeling target, I discounted him as a wolf.

Yeah, I'm not a good villager.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Day 16

The brown pony in the yellow pants turned and glared at Aubrey Mayre. It's him!! He's been running around, playing at Mayor since he first arrived. Obviously, he's been taken over by.. uh.. the Changling Queen, Whatsername.

The other ponies turned and circled Aubrey, including a mangy cat. Can you explain yourself? asked Mister Buttons II.

I was just trying to bring order to this place. You should look at him. Aubrey points back at the brown pony in yellow pants. He seems to be making a lot of suggestions lately.

But before any Town Ponies could question further, Grue Bay trots up and unzips his costume. Revealing himself to be Twilight Sparkle! He's right. It's the yellow pants. They're somehow controlling that brown pony. She raises an eyebrow. Though, I don't recognize him either, actually.

The yellow pants did not like this one bit. It seems that the last few people have turned on him at the last. You fools! When have I ever done anything but help this town? I have always tried to do my best to do right by you all, you ingrates! You know not what you are doing if you attack me! If you kill me, many more will die.

Aubrey Mayre suddenly gets possessed by Sub-Lime! "You're right. There's only enough room for yellow in this town. Long past time you should go..."

"Woo! More cowbell!" Orange Cadence randomly called out. All the rest of Tiaraville looked at all three, wondering just which was the true evil, the Yellow Pants controlling an unknown brown pony, The wannabe mayor speaking with Sub-Lime's voice, or Orange Cadence who wants more cowbell for some odd reason, and was now singing about a Drunken Sailor. What Ballast Control had to do with this, no one was certain.

In the end, they decided to go after the pants first, as Twilight suggested.

Mister Buttons II also had unzipped himself, in the meantime. Revealing himself to be Applejack. She winks at Twilight. `bout time I was able to get out of thar. The fleas was terrible. Both she and Twilight giggle. Now let us get them pants off, mister.

Applejack and Orange Cadence, grabbed hold of the Brown Pony, who didn't struggle at all, in fact seemed to be happy for their help.

Twilight Sparkle and Aubrey Mayre took hold of the Yellow Pants, who was just the opposite, holding on for dear life. Listen to me! You don't want to do this!! This isn't some random brown pony!! It's... But it was too late, and the pants were pulled off the brown pony, freeing her.

With one final yank, Aubrey and Twilight had yanked the tight garment free. The power released threw the pair back about twenty yards and dazed them for a moment.

The yellow pants floated down between them, finishing it's last sentence. ... the Ursa Major.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yellow Pants (Planswalker) was removed, unleashing what they'd been magically controlling. He was the Ursa Major (BIG Beast).

Twilight and Aubrey looked down at the disappearing Yellow Pants, then up at each other, shock and worry in their eyes.

Run!! Applejack called out.

You don't have to tell me twice! Orange Cadence agreed, and both of them took off, the starry outline of a HUGE bear followed after.

It's a Ursa Major! Aubrey and Twilight said in unison. They quickly gathered their wits and chased after.

Orange Cadence was the slower of the two chase-es. RAAAAWR!! the Ursa Major growled, and took a mighty swipe at him. He was able to duck the first couples swipes, but the third caught him in the flank and sent him flying into a tree. CRACK!

Spoiler
    Show
    Orange Cadence (Penguinator) Was thrown against a tree and rendered unconscious. He was a Town Pony.

Luckily, the Ursa Major kept on after Applejack, and didn't stop to munch on Orange Cadence. After she passed, Aubrey and Twilight followed, and saw Cadence laying near the tree. Fearful for their fellow Townpony, they both began to slow to assist him. No. You keep going. I'll look after him. Aubrey Mayre ordered.

Twilight, seeing the logic in this, nodded once and continued after the rampaging Ursa. I'll be back!

Applejack ran as fast as she could, not paying much attention to where she was headed... to the Everfree Forest! Right at the entrance, a root decided to burst free of the ground, tripping Applejack and sending her flying, face-first, into the hard earth. Aaooow. she said, dizzily. She started to get back up, but a stab of pain ran through her front leg, forcing her back to the ground with a scream.

Twilight heard the scream of pain up ahead, and couldn't stop from fearing the worse. She pushed herself harder, running faster than she'd had in a good long time.

She arrived in time to find the Ursa Major growling over her wounded friend. Immediately, she fired a bolt of magic at the momma Ursa's big rear-end. But she didn't flinch.

The Ursa Major opened its jaws, intending to chomp down on this mini-morsel of pony, when.... her baby appeared in the distance. Forgetting the pony, she ran after her cub, who playfully ran off. Following after the pair was Twilight Sparkle, using her magic to continue the appearance of the Ursa Minor, and lead the BIG Beast away from Applejack. Who let herself fall into a deep sleep of feint after the terror was gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mister Buttons II (Reinholdt) unzipped himself to reveal that... he was Applejack (Baner).

Around that same time, a window of Canterlot Castle breaks, and out flies Queen Chrysalis with a joyous, and yet distinctly evil, laughter. Oh, what fun I've had!

Following soon after is Princess Luna, full of fury. You stay away from her, Chrysalis. She hovers about two wingspans away. You stay out of Equestria, forever!!

Queen Chrysalis winks at Luna. You should thank me. I saved Equestria, from you! she grins, than flies away, her invading army of Changlings flying after her, shifting back to their original forms.

Soon after that, Princess Celestia releases the prisoners or Queen Chrysalis to go back home, to Ponyville.

When Twilight Sparkle went in search of Aubrey Mayre, to thank him for his help, he was gone. Nurse Redheart said He just disappeared, in a blue swirl of smoke. He'd returned back to his own home, back to Careless Village. ((As requested by Count Dingdong. ))

The End
    &
    GAME OVER!

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Character|Killed? |Role
    01|Grue Bait|Grue Bay|Win!!|Twilight Sparkle
    02|Count Dingdong Sitzkrieg|Aubrey Mayre|Win!!|Town Pony
    34|Reinholdt Matthais2207|Mister Buttons, again|Day 16|Applejack
    33|Penguinator|Orange Cadence|Day 16|Town Pony
    32|planswalker|Yellow Pants (literally)|Day 16|Ursa Major
    31|TBFProgrammer|(a stubborn mule)|Night 15|Town Pony Mule
    30|Bladescape C'Nor|Dreamscape|Day 15|Town Pony -> Changling 3
    29|Tom the Mime|Barrister Trotalot, PC|Night 14|Screwball Town Pony
    28|Super Dark33|Dark Spark|Day 14|Town Pony
    27|Istari|Dr. Whooves|Night 13|Spitfire
    26|Elemental|Ember Metal, Count von Sterling|Day 13|SuperCharged Town Pony
    25|EvilRoeSlade|Batmare|Night 12|Soarin'
    24|inky13112|Sour Bloom|Day 12- AL|Rarity
    23|usourselves&we|Ghost, Bones, and Metallic|Day 12|SuperCharged Town Pony
    22|Diego Havoc|Elixir|Night 8-11 WIN!|Discord
    21|TigerFang|TigerPony|Night 11|Town Pony
    20|Sitzkrieg 52.5 Lemons|???|Day 11- AL**|{Replaced by Count Dingdong}
    19|Alarra|Musings|Day 11|Changling
    18|52.5 Lemons|Sub-Lime|Day 8- AL**|{Replaced by Sitzkrieg}
    17|Eternis|Dorian Grey|Day 8|Princess Cadance
    16|Castaras|Old Fruit|Night 7|Changling 3- Shifted
    15|C'Nor|Senorita Cha Cha|Day 7- AL**|{Replaced by Bladescape}
    14|Murska|(Definitely NOT a green-eyed pony named Verde Invidia o.o)|Day 7|Changling 2
    13|Atreyu, the Masked Llama|Rocky Horror Llama|Night 6|Town Pony Llama
    12|GnomeGninjas|Gninja Ninja|Day 6|Queen Chrysalis
    11|Forum Explorer|Thinking Cap|Night 5|Town Pony
    10|Gray Mage|Rainy Charge|Day 5|Shining Armor
    09|Rogue Nine Internet Flea|Silver Star|Night 4|Town Pony
    08|Mangosta71|Dread Pony Roberts|Day 4|Town Pony
    07|Ramsus|Emperor Treasure|Night 3|Pinkie Pie
    06|Matthias2207|Warpony Tarquin|Day 3- AL**|{Replaced by Reinholdt}
    05|Internet Flea|Sugar Shock|Day 3- VA*|{Replaced by Rogue Nine}
    04|Grimmace, the|Jazzberry Jam|Day 3|Darkwing Pony
    03|Otakuryoga|Ballast Control|Night 2|Rainbow Dash
    02|Reinholdt|Mister Buttons|Night 1|Town Pony Sabre Kitty
    01|Rogue Nine|Grumpy Bear|Day 1|Town Pony Bear
    [/table]
    * Voluntary Absence
    **Auto Lynch

Here are the Wonderbolts and Team Shadow QTs. I've already asked their permission to offer them to the public, and was given 100% consent. If their are any other QTs out there for this game, I suggest asking for the same, as some don't want that information revealed.

QUESTIONS

Except for the looooong delays between day and night phases, did you enjoy the game?

Did you enjoy the narrations, you read?

If so, any particular narration you you liked best?

What did you think of the Days of Chaos!?

Anything else you wish to comment on, aside from the loooong delays?

And lastly, here are the two PMs from Diego Havoc with his Chaotic plans:

The First, which I rejected as I thought it too problematic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    Okay, so I was thinking about Discord's power, and how to make it chaotic. I liked the idea of randomly changing the roles, but then I figured it might be fun to add some new roles into the mix. So here's a random idea:

When the chaos starts, everyone gets a PM (this is just a rough draft):

A storm of chaos has hit, changing you, for better or for worse. Your role has changed. Your new role is [role]. This change lasts for three days, after which you will return to your normal role.

[Role PM goes here]
    You might want to specify that people can't talk to each other during the night until the chaos is over, just to make things easier.

Here's the kicker though: about half of the remaining players will actually have this role:
    You are Screwball.

You are a mad agent of chaos. If you are killed during the day, you win!

Additionally, during the night you may target a player and randomize the target of their ability, if any. Detrimental abilities will not randomly target you in this way.
    Think about it! A dozen or more players all desperately trying to get themselves lynched, claiming fake roles and deliberately acting suspicious. Then the constant randomization in the nights.

It'll be...

wait for it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    It'll be chaos! IT'LL BE CHAOS!

There might need to be some fudging involved in who gets what power. I think people might get upset if a former town role gets a shadow role and start killing their fellow ponies, only to revert after three days. Maybe everyone has to keep the same alignment? Then again, with all the screwballs running around randomizing targets...

Also might want to drop in this changed role too, either for Twilight's original player, or for a random player:
    You are Twilight Sparkle.

With Discord bringing chaos to Tiaraville, it's up to you to help out your friends.

During the night you may target a player with a memory spell to help them remember who they are. If you do, they revert back to their original role at daybreak. You are told what their role is, with the normal exceptions for Twilight's power. If you find two or more of your friends (Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Shining Armor, Cadance) you get a single free night kill immunity.
    ...which would make some interesting moments, and might give one side a good chance for a comeback if they get their normal powers back early. Good luck to the new Twilight with all the randomizers running around. The kill immunity prize is there to encourage the player to use the ability, rather than sit on it for fear of random targeting. I don't know if that's too much though.

Not sure if players should be told when their targets have been changed with Screwball's power. Might be more fun for them to figure it out of their own.

So what do you think? A perfect recipe for chaos, or a disaster waiting to happen?

And the second, which I loved and accepted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat
    So, anything new? I'm really liking the idea you wrote here. I was waiting to hear more, then I kinda forgot about it. Sorry. Especially the 50% chance of new roles given to some of the players. Will likely spice the game up.
    Blarg! I should have posted sooner, but I started looking up other mafia/ww games for ideas and ended up reading this really cool 110 page Super Mario thread for about 3 hours x_x

ANYWAY. New ideas. The random table is one I'm not sure about, but it might either be fun or too much. Give me your honest opinion.

Also I'm not sure if changed roles should last beyond the chaos or not.

During the chaos there is a 50% chance that characters who would be killed, are instead "Discorded". Anyone who is discorded in this way and has a vanilla role has an additional 50% chance to gain a random power role for the duration of the chaos, including one that is still active, while players with power roles have a 50% chance to lose them and become vanilla town/changelings and a 50% chance to simply change to a different role. Alignment does not change.

There is a 50% chance for abilities to mistarget would be in effect. Players know when their effects have been re-targeted (They are told the new target) but are not told beforehand that mistargets are in effect.

Once per day/night phase, roll randomly on this table and announce the results to the thread during your narration, but do not state who the target was unless otherwise stated.
    • 1) Day and Night rapidly switch at random intervals. The end result is that any abilities (excluding lynches and night kills/disguises) that can be used during the night can be used during the day and vice-versa.
    • 2) Three randomly chosen players are "supercharged" for one day (two phases). Any powers they use during this time can have up to two targets and they gain double votes towards the next lynch.
    • 3) A random player grows to 10 times their normal size. They get triple votes towards the next lynch. The player will be revealed in thread.
    • 4) A random player is affected by poison joke. They lose all votes and powers for 1d3 phases. The player will be revealed in thread.
    • 5) A random player hallucinates, seeing enemies everywhere they look. They get a single night kill which they must use. If this is rolled during the day, the player must use the kill on the next night. If they don't, the target is randomized.
    • 6) A random player gets very lucky. They get a single scry, with 100% chance of success. If this is rolled during the day, the player must use the scry on the next night.
    • 7) A random player vanishes without a trace. They are out of the game for one day and one night, though they still win/lose when their team does. The player will be revealed in thread.
    • 8) A random previously killed player is revived. The player will be revealed in thread.
    • 9) A random player's role is changed to another random role. Alignment does not change.
    • 10) Chocolate rain! A random player is followed by a cotton candy cloud that rains on them. The stickiness of it all means that any actions they take, including lynch votes, are delayed until the end of the chaos. The player will be revealed in thread.

A single random player becomes Screwball, temporarily overwriting their previous role (unless this would cause one team to win, in which case the player keeps both roles and their normal alignment, and loses the death immunity).

Role PM
    You are now Screwball!

Discord has twisted your mind to make you his agent of chaos! You are Neutral. You cannot be killed or affected by any abilities and cannot lose the game. If the game ends during chaos, you win.

During the night you can target two players. If the first player has any kind of action, it will target the second player. (does not affect night kills/disguises). This effect supersedes any other re-targeting effect.

You return to your normal role once the chaos ends.
    No one else is told about Screwball. I don't expect this to make much of an impact, but might lead to some interesting trickery.

Lastly, I would like to reserve the right to continue posting in the thread for the duration of the chaos, not to play the game, just to roleplay and post Discord macro images.

Your honest opinions are greatly appreciated.

So, what do you think of the two ideas for the Days of Chaos!, now?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-11-28 at 01:16 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Oh i enjoyed this game!

So how do i get out?

Its simple, just close your eyes and count to 3 and hope!

Thats it?

Yes!

The pink pixie was very suspiecious, which is a greater form of suspicious that until now was only reserved for Dark spark.

Well alright.
    Despite everything, its still me.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Except for the looooong delays between day and night phases, did you enjoy the game?
    Yes, I did. It was quite the interesting introduction to WW games.

Did you enjoy the narrations, you read?
    indeed, I thought they were fun and whimsical and fit the setting they were based in quite well.

If so, any particular narration you you liked best?
    Day 16's. I thought it was the coolest thing that you let me have such a big influence in what my inevitable death scene would be.

What did you think of the Days of Chaos!?
    eh, I didn't really get into it. The "discorded" thing just kinda stalled the game for three days and didn't do much else.

Anything else you wish to comment on, aside from the loooong delays?
    Until the next time, Twilight Sparkle!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the chaos suffered from a seer scry and bad timing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast