New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

Except for the looooong delays between day and night phases, did you enjoy the game?
    Yes the game was great.

Did you enjoy the narrations, you read?

Yeah as always I loved the way you didn't actually kill anybody.

If so, any particular narration you you liked best?

My death scene was awesome. Way better than the last one.

What did you think of the Days of Chaos!?

Er... They where chaotic? But they ultimately ended with my death so I'm not a big fan of them.

Anything else you wish to comment on, aside from the loooong delays?

What the hay wolves I was never part of any network and I have a feeling that voting thing wasn't part of some weird plot either. You basically wasted a kill on me... which ultimately ended in your downfall so I'm happy.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

well, since the baner ended up being the LAST person we would have suspected...

it's not exactly like we were going to be finding him any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I think the chaos suffered from a seer scry and bad timing.
    This. I mean, I was already dead out, but it seems to me that it would have been far more chaotic (and therefore fun) without the Alarra reveal. Not really anybody's fault - the narrator had no control over that, and since Grue could have been killed at any time (especially given that that was more likely during the days of chaos) he needed to get that information out to town, ideally without revealing any more of his network to the wolves.

On another note, I've found that I'm not personally a fan of beast roles (I'd never really thought about it before this game). There are few enough wolves that a town beast is overpowered, and lynching a wolf beast doesn't buy the town an extra day. In this case, lynching the beast would have been a net gain for the wolves if he hadn't been the last one. I suppose it would have been kind of funny if he'd escaped scrutiny for one more day and the game had ended with no survivors...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    QUESTIONS

Except for the looooong delays between day and night phases, did you enjoy the game?
    Yes. Should have entered earlier. (read: at beginning)

Yes

Final one. Great way to end game.

Most important part! Convinced me to finally join... though not much happened. Awesome rules Havoc!

Tell me next time! I'll be in from the start... Would have more to say but couldn't tell much rules-wise if anything was unbalanced. Noticed interesting tell-tale posts from early on when finally went back to read things. See if I can notice them earlier next time.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yes, yes, start your next one.

I don't know why you ask.

I liked bladescape's. I didn't like the whole "dying" at the tail end of the game thing. I mean, I made it that far...

Mmm... I have mixed feelings.

Nothing comes to mind. Oh, here's something. I did like Super dark's contributions.

So, what do you think of the two ideas for the Days of Chaos!, now?

As I said, mixed feelings. The whole messed up night and day thing messed me up too much. I thought it was day when I was told I got the scry, so I asked Grue Bait who to scry, and when he answered, I looked back at the thread, thought it was still day (since somebody had just voted) and never sent in the scry. That scry would have outed bladescape faster and pretty much confirmed me as town. >_<

That, and the randomizer wasn't very random, since I got hit with two things in two days. But that... is just chaos.

The ideas themselves were quite nice. In execution, not quite as much. But still not bad. [hint]Diego Havoc, you should come up with a whole game[/hint]
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-28 at 08:06 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    On another note, I've found that I'm not personally a fan of beast roles (I'd never really thought about it before this game). There are few enough wolves that a town beast is overpowered, and lynching a wolf beast doesn't buy the town an extra day. In this case, lynching the beast would have been a net gain for the wolves if he hadn't been the last one. I suppose it would have been kind of funny if he'd escaped scrutiny for one more day and the game had ended with no survivors...
    They can help reveal town power-roles if they openly admit to being beasts. Alternatively, if they can hit other wolves they become something of a liability for the wolf team.

They give the wolves someone to throw away on crazy plots to try and confuse town. This requires that the beast is active and the wolves have a chance to try crazy plots.

Beasts should not still be alive near the end of the game unless the wolves steam-rolled town.

Powerful beasts work well in games with town voiders and role scries, as it can make the voider as critical as the seer.

Town beasts work well at reducing the damage of a high-powered wolf team when that team knows the town beast is out there. They have to choose between the risk or wasting their scries to avoid it.
    The BareFoot Programmer

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Just a Note: I long ago decided that the best way to decide balance is how close to winning the losing team is by the end.

I feel I have a pretty good track record for balance, since a lot of games seem to come down to the wire. Choose the wolf, or lose. That's what I like to see at the end. Grue had three choices of who to scry the last night, I think.

Count Dingdong
    Penguinator
    Planswalker

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a Note: I long ago decided that the best way to decide balance is how close to winning the losing team is by the end.

I feel I have a pretty good track record for balance, since a lot of games seem to come down to the wire. Choose the wolf, or lose. That's what I like to see at the end. Grue had three choices of who to scry the last night, I think.

Count Dingdong
    Penguinator
    Planswalker
    While I agree the game was reasonably balanced, it did unfortunately run into the seer leader trap that causes most town members to run around like crazed lemmings. Keeping Trixie on as a villain voider would probably have helped with that. Though the game was still very enjoyable.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fairly well. I'm sad that I was unable to properly join at the start.

Yes. Yes indeedy. (Why do you ask. XP)

Mine. For the little I'd been able to put in, it was a nice narration.

Hilarious. I wanted everyone to be discorded that would've been killed though..

Hm, two things.

First, I love the changeling idea, even though it ended up taking me to the losing side. It is honestly something I'm considering implementing.

Secondary, when does your next game start?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, that was unfortunate. And I would have let him keep the power after the Chaos was over. But EvilRoeSlade lost it after his second Discording, not by my choice.

Just so everyone knows, when ERS was Discorded Night 9, I used a Random List Generator to choose what roll he got, from all the possible rolls from both the First and Second MLP WW games that no pony had currently, alive or dead. He randomly became the Great and Powerful Trixie, from game 1: Limited Scry for Twilight only, and Voider.

The next night, when he was Discorded a second time, He lost the power. After voiding Alarra.

She, unfortunately for her, had lost her power to Change from the first Day's Discording. Which is why she didn't disappear during the Days of Chaos, which I'm sure she would have liked to. But it was all random, I was not trying to pick on any one player.

Speaking of... Grue Bait, you go sooooo lucky when you outed yourself as Twilight.

1. Matthias hadn't posted since the start of the game, eventually ALing.
    2. I luckily had two AL replacements ready to join, and sadly two players left.
    3. If Rogue Nine had randomly gotten Matthais' role instead of Reinholdt, you'd have lost the Baner Night 4.
    4. There were a couple nights when Reinholdt took a chance to Bane himself and not you. Specifically during the Days of Chaos.
    5. And then there is of course the odd fact they never tried to NK Reinholdt at all. He flew so far under the radar, I think most of you forgot he was playing.

Also, sorry you lost via BIG Beast power, Penguinator. You were randomly selected though. YOu could have continued to kill Count Dingdong during the day, let Planswalker kill someone at night, and then killed him the next day, ensuring that only Diego Havoc won, which would have been hilarious. Or, I think it would, at least.

What did you guys think of the other random "days" Diego Havoc thought up? The two I was hoping for didn't happen, choices 8 & 9.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    While I agree the game was reasonably balanced, it did unfortunately run into the seer leader trap that causes most town members to run around like crazed lemmings. Keeping Trixie on as a villain voider would probably have helped with that. Though the game was still very enjoyable.
    Oh wait, you meant Trixie from the last game, as a villain in this one. I was worried that giving Team Shadow three Changlings would be over-powered, honestly. And then a Big Beast, a Devil, a hard-to-kill Alpha who had a Villager die for them if he didn't die earlier.

I think the Voider would have made them too powerful. though, had I known the Seer/Devil/Fool triumvirate would all out themselves by Day 3, I may have considered it.

And credit should be given to Team Shadow. They played an excellent game. GnomeGninjas picked a great team, in my opinion. Though, I would have given the BIG Beast to Murska. But that's just me.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Other than the day/night switching one (which was just confusing as hell), I liked the implementation of all the "days of chaos" events that happened.

I liked the IDEA behind all of them.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of... Grue Bait, you go sooooo lucky when you outed yourself as Twilight.

1. Matthias hadn't posted since the start of the game, eventually ALing.
    2. I luckily had two AL replacements ready to join, and sadly two players left.
    3. If Rogue Nine had randomly gotten Matthais' role instead of Reinholdt, you'd have lost the Baner Night 4.
    4. There were a couple nights when Reinholdt took a chance to Bane himself and not you. Specifically during the Days of Chaos.
    5. And then there is of course the odd fact they never tried to NK Reinholdt at all. He flew so far under the radar, I think most of you forgot he was playing.
    Holy jeez. I knew Reinholdt (hero of Ponyville, by the way. He needs a statue) baned himself a couple times, but I didn't know I was that lucky. That's scary. I didn't reckon I'd last this long. Usually when Grimmace is a seer on the opposing side, he finds me night one. I figured by claiming, I'd get the devil lynched only to be NK'ed. Mad props to Reinholdt for doing so well. Though I think I pissed Grimmace off pretty bad with my stunt.

I keep seeing mention of a network. Funny thing: there wasn't one. I was so scared that someone would change themself into a member, that I never contacted people I cleared. Heck, I didn't even tell Reinholdt hardly anything. I trusted no one.

Also, I was down to only two on the final night: Dingdong and Plans. Either way, I would have found the last wolf. Also Plans, tricking a poor, unsuspecting, physics student by helping them with their homework, only to pump them for info. Crafty.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

well, thing was, Grimmace hadn't scried you. TBF was his first scry. Him being scried as a town pony saved his life night 3.

as for the physics help, I helped you because you needed it. I asked the questions I did because I genuinely was clueless. You just taught the beast very well. The rest you shared with me was your own initiative and I was kinda surprised you were so trusting.

Btw, how are you doing in your physics class? If you ever need help again, just shoot me a pm.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    TBF was his first scry. Him being scried as a town pony saved his life night 3.
    Well that was a mistake. I'm at my most dangerous when I am unfettered by important roles, which tend to trip me up.
    The BareFoot Programmer

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

well, thing was, Grimmace hadn't scried you. TBF was his first scry. Him being scried as a town pony saved his life night 3.

as for the physics help, I helped you because you needed it. I asked the questions I did because I genuinely was clueless. You just taught the beast very well. The rest you shared with me was your own initiative and I was kinda surprised you were so trusting.

Btw, how are you doing in your physics class? If you ever need help again, just shoot me a pm.
    And I don't regret it. Purposely keeping competitors handicapped is unsporting and pretty dishonorable. I'm glad I helped you learn the ropes, enemy or not. Also, pretty well, thanks. So many equations to memorize.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually did terrible that game. So terrible in fact, the wolves forgot about me being worth killing and kept them off you as a result.
    So... I was so bad I was good? I guess.

Still knew I shoulda baned Ramsus that first chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Yes, definitely.

Even more of a yes than for the previous question. Very fun and fit the theme great

Really liked the idea for the last one.

Good fun, chaotic and confusing. As people have said, it didn't go as well as it could have given the timing but still good. I was going for being neutral as Screwball just trying to help cause as much confusion as possible with the ability although it didn't amount to much. I thought Lemons was Rarity so I tried to redirect the day-bane to Alarra to make people wonder what was going on, redirected one of Grues scries and redirected Penguinator to no effect.

And credit should be given to Team Shadow. They played an excellent game. GnomeGninjas picked a great team, in my opinion. Though, I would have given the BIG Beast to Murska. But that's just me.
    Agreed. Although I think (as was probably made clear in the game), he picked good players but not a good variety of players.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

well, he did pick *one* noob...

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

well, he did pick *one* noob...
    Typically, an Alpha does.

But when something as simple as the "Big Name Theory" wipes out half your team...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. Except being lynched. That always puts a damper on things.

Yes, I found them most entertaining.

None that come to mind...

Chaotic. Which was the point.

Nice to know that people think I'm important to lynch me simply because I'm a "big name". Though they exaggerate my importance.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

I won the game by basically doing absolutely nothing. U MAD?

Eeeyup. Was good fun.

Indeed!

Nothing stands out, I must admit.

Fun, though as mentioned, perhaps not the best of timing, but you can't control that. Just being Discord was enough for me to greatly enjoy it though.

I should point out that I honestly wasn't expecting the Day/Night power to come with actual sudden narrations. I honestly thought it would just be "Day X: you can all use your night powers during this day phase".

You're making a sequel... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    That, and the randomizer wasn't very random, since I got hit with two things in two days. But that... is just chaos.
    Chaos is as Chaos does.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The ideas themselves were quite nice. In execution, not quite as much. But still not bad. [hint]Diego Havoc, you should come up with a whole game[/hint]
    Haha, I've considered it! I might play a few more games beforehand to get some experience. This would only be my third game, and the only one I've played with more than 15 people.

I did see some interesting variations on another board that I might steal later though.

Also, sorry you lost via BIG Beast power, Penguinator. You were randomly selected though. YOu could have continued to kill Count Dingdong during the day, let Planswalker kill someone at night, and then killed him the next day, ensuring that only Diego Havoc won, which would have been hilarious. Or, I think it would, at least.

I concur.

What did you guys think of the other random "days" Diego Havoc thought up? The two I was hoping for didn't happen, choices 8 & 9.
    8&9 would have been nice, but I also think 5&6 were the most interesting. A one-shot random kill and a one-shot scry would have spiced things up a little I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Good fun, chaotic and confusing. As people have said, it didn't go as well as it could have given the timing but still good. I was going for being neutral as Screwball just trying to help cause as much confusion as possible with the ability although it didn't amount to much. I thought Lemons was Rarity so I tried to redirect the day-bane to Alarra to make people wonder what was going on, redirected one of Grues scries and redirected Penguinator to no effect.
    It's a shame the redirects didn't seem to come into play much, or at least not visably. I think the Screwball role needed something more to it, but I'm not sure what. Maybe it should have been permanent with a "if you survive to the end you win" clause, removing the immunity to kills bit.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the Screwball on Grue's scry during Night 10 had an effect. Grue was able to find the Day-Baner. It's just unfortunate that Inky continued to not vote during the day and was AL'd.

As for the next game, My next game will begin recruitment in January. But it won't be My Little Pony. I won't start another of these until after the current season is over.

So, that leaves:

1. Assassins VI
    2. Choose Your Own Theme/Classic Variation
    3. Convoy?
    4. Custom III
    5. Helgraf's Bomb III

Any suggestions?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Reading through the explosive one, I think it could be rather interesting.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

I'm always a fan of Assassins.

The way this game turned out, a wolf voider would have turned a skin-of-the-teeth victory for town into an overwhelming victory for the wolves. Not necessarily because it would be inherently overpowered; simply because the wolves knew who the seer was from day 2 and could would have completely neutralized him.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Helgraf's bomb.

Where is helgraf anyway?
    Last edited by super dark33; 2012-11-29 at 10:10 AM.
    Despite everything, its still me.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd really like to try Custom.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    I'd really like to try Custom.
    I'll second that.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Bomb seems interesting but short. Custom's my vote. If not Custom, Assassins.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

I really loved Role-playing for this.

I think its the fact that i have no idea about the ponyverse.

Maybe ill use dark spark in the FFRP.
    Despite everything, its still me.