Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 754
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    inky13112's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    So whats the argument for atreyu? We still have a seer claim calling for grimmace's head, so I'll stick with that for now.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Alright here's how I see things:

    Grue Bait claimed and targeted Grimace who is likely Rarity but may have been randomly saved. However if it was a random save then it why didn't Rarity warn us that Grimace was protected? So I think Grimace is likely Rarity who couldn't defend herself because she wasn't here yesterday.

    That means Grue and Ramsus are both scum. Since Grue claimed first I think he's Ursa so killing him will hurt. So should we kill him or just ignore him til end game? Plus if he's Ursa then we should kill Ramsus so he couldn't escape via changling escape. Also since Grue is still here then he's likely not a changeling else he would have already tried to escape.

    Alternatively they are both telling the truth and both are seers have just claimed, on the same target no less. This sounds like some really bad news for town so I'm hoping that will be false.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-14 at 08:58 PM.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Atreyu the Masked LLama's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    JC, TN or Camelot.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by inky13112 View Post
    So whats the argument for atreyu? We still have a seer claim calling for grimmace's head, so I'll stick with that for now.
    I think C'Nor wants to see what I'll come up with to defend myself. I'll try not to disappoint.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show


    RAWWWRRRRR

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I think C'Nor wants to see what I'll come up with to defend myself. I'll try not to disappoint.
    Actually, it was a random point because I'm up for autolynch and I have no clue what's been going on. But that works too.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Is it me or did Murska and Forum Explorer just out themselves as wolves? Though Murska legitimately could be busy, I think he's just too good a player to decide not to test a seer claim as town when, if the Grimmace is Rarity a lynch on him would still fail today anyway.

    GG, I had considered the possibility that Grue Bait is the Queen but, I'm most likely going to die soon. While I'm not saying I think the Masons and other PR's should trust him implicitly, they should certainly use me as a way to hook up tonight and he should give whoever wants to be the contact for that group his scries. Oh and if Grue Bait isn't actually Twilight, then that person should just publicly claim.

    Oh and masons, I'm not going to trust just one person going "I represent the masons". That could easily be a wolf but, I doubt the wolves would risk their entire team by all of them contacting me pretending to be the masons. The rest of the town PR's, please contact me as soon as we get a lynch result (or sooner if you actually just feel I'm trustworthy, and when have I not been when claiming Fool?).

    And Rarity, if for some reason you are completely nuts and baned the Grimmace again, please tell me so that we don't give the wolves another free kill again ok?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 04:35 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    52.5 Lemons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sur la piste
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    I'm going with The Grimmace. I would rather not vote for a claimed seer who remains untested.
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show


  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Batmare's Journal
    September 14, 2012

    This village is afraid of me.... I have seen its true Cutie Mark...

    Ramsus is claiming to be Pinkie Pie. But I've observed that mare in action and know that the odds of her pinkie sense working are a mere 25%. Odds of Twilight Sparkle having found my nemesis, Darkwing Pony at this early junction are a mere 2%. Divide those numbers and you get .5%, but the odds of a changeling telling a lie.... are significantly higher.

    The accumulated filth of all their fibs and grumpiness will foam up about their waists and all the changelings and loyalists will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "Sure."
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2012-09-14 at 07:25 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Murska's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Whose eye is that eye?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    My point is to avoid exactly what Lemons just did - voting for one of the lynch targets because you don't want to vote for the other, instead of realizing there exist several other options.

    From what I can see, we have a very likely daybaner (Daybaning someone other than yourself early on without any reason to suspect that they're town and will be lynched is unlikely) being accused as a wolf by a very likely Seer/Fool (wolves wouldn't claim Seer to randomly lynch someone, and intentionally targeting the daybaner would be odd - the role isn't worth it). I'm not sure but I don't think there are disguisers around (maybe) so that would mean the most likely case being a Fool accusing the Daybaner, in which case we want neither one to be lynched.

    That's my reasoning, anyway. If there's something I'm missing, do tell - I might even have the time to read it on Sunday.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grue Bait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Grimmace is Darkwing Pony. Still. It hasn't changed. Rarity, a little heads-up would have been nice yesterday, by the way. Can we just lynch Grimmace so I can prove this?
    Avatar by The Grimmace. Or Zjoot, I guess.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    They were fighting over the merits of pacifism.

    I'm part of this project to bring safe drinking water to impoverished countries. Check us out!

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Who did you scry last night Grue Bait?
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    IF the seer claims are proven true, then that means the wolves will know who both our seers are. I really hope Ramsus isn't really pinkie pie. If so, then the wolves will know BOTH seers, and we only have 1 night baner. To my sounding, having the wolves "confirm" their seer claim with another sounds less risky than both our seers outing themselves and saving themselves the trouble of being found. With the mason leader dead, pinkie pie and twilight sparkle outed, all we'd need to do is have rarity show herself today and we'd be handing them most major roles on a silver platter. They wouldn't really even need their own seer after this. I don't want to believe that we've managed to hand the wolves both our seers, so i'm going to assume that our seers have been smart and are gathering intel and letting two wolves expose themselves.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-14 at 08:27 PM.
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    "You are Pinkie Pie.

    Your Pinkie Sense is trying to tell you something.... but you're not entirely sure what, or when it is. 25% chance of a correct scry.

    Exceptions: You scry Twilight Sparkle and Queen Chrysalis as Twilight Sparkle.

    You scry Darkwing Pony as himself, 100%.

    Scry Luna/Nightmare Moon as Luna, but only if she hasn't already become Nightmare Moon."

    So, no, I can't be scrying incorrectly. Otherwise I wouldn't have claimed.

    So planswalker, because you would prefer I not be Pinkie Pie and Rarity put us in a very bad situation and I had no choice but to claim you're voting for me? Even though wolves wouldn't publicly claim this early to kill a role that is nowhere near their biggest worry? What?

    ERS, the seer shouldn't announce their scries publicly. There are a lot of reasons for that. I'm not even going to bother putting together a list. It'd be too long.

    Edit: And Murska, I just don't believe you honestly think the wolves would think this exchange would be worth it.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 06:33 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  13. - Top - End - #193
    Grandma in the Playground Moderator
     
    Alarra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    if the Grimmace is Rarity a lynch on him would still fail today anyway.
    So then we waste another lynch? Though I guess it's not really a waste since it would confirm either that Grimmace is Rarity or that it was a random protection (and we'd maybe get a wolf). Because really, if Grimmace is Rarity I can't imagine he'd protect someone else for today. I'm not convinced that the both of you aren't lying though, and like some of the others, am hoping that you are because yeah, having both seers outed this early kinda sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    While I'm not saying I think the Masons and other PR's should trust him implicitly, they should certainly use me as a way to hook up tonight and he should give whoever wants to be the contact for that group his scries. Oh and if Grue Bait isn't actually Twilight, then that person should just publicly claim.

    Oh and masons, I'm not going to trust just one person going "I represent the masons". That could easily be a wolf but, I doubt the wolves would risk their entire team by all of them contacting me pretending to be the masons.
    Wow...this all sounds suspicious to me on soooo many levels. Please, please masons, do not contact him until at the very least we have confirmation that Grimmace is actually Darkwing. Though even then, Grue Bait telling the truth doesn't guarantee that you are, Ramsus. It would actually seem smart to me if say, Grimmace is a wolf and Grue Bait is Twilight for one of the Changelings to claim Pinkie Pie to try to get into a network. And wanting all the masons to contact you? That just sounds flat out crazy to me especially before any confirmation of your role. That level of trust is just not freely given in these games, or it shouldn't be.

    And really even if Grimmace is Darkwing, this could still be a crazy plot to flush out masons/the real twilight/other power roles. If so, bravo. I love it when people pull bold stunts like this and turn the game on its head.

    *claps happily* Oh I do so love it when games get complicated and crazy, especially early. I've missed ww....remind me to sign up for more of these.

    ^edit...that post wasn't there when I wrote this. Not sure it changes anything, though it does make me understand the claiming a bit better. Though I'm still not sure it's the smartest move. Am I to understand that you confirmed Grue's scry by scrying Grimmace last night as well? Or at least that's what you're implying?
    Last edited by Alarra; 2012-09-14 at 06:39 PM.

    I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Yes, I scried the Grimmace last night because I knew it would end up as just a contest between what Grue Bait says and the Grimmace says otherwise and Pinkie Pie outing herself was better than Rarity doing so. And at the time I wasn't sure who to believe. Heck, I was actually leaning more towards Grue Bait being the wolf. I'm actually pretty annoyed at Rarity doing something so ridiculously detrimental and not even warning us off.

    And I wasn't saying people should contact me before we get a lynch result. Just that they do so asap before the wolves kill me tonight.

    Also...uh....aren't you overlooking something obvious here Alarra? If I'm fake claiming, any real Pinkie Pie would counter claim me. Like, that is the hands down best thing to do as far as I've seen in every game. If someone claims your role, this means they probably have a plan to get rid of you almost immediately so generally the best thing you can do is counter claim them. On the other hand it's usually an almost worthless move on the wolve's side to fake counter claim.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  15. - Top - End - #195
    Grandma in the Playground Moderator
     
    Alarra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    And I wasn't saying people should contact me before we get a lynch result. Just that they do so asap before the wolves kill me tonight.
    Isn't that exactly what you're saying right here? vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The rest of the town PR's, please contact me as soon as we get a lynch result (or sooner if you actually just feel I'm trustworthy, and when have I not been when claiming Fool?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Also...uh....aren't you overlooking something obvious here Alarra? If I'm fake claiming, any real Pinkie Pie would counter claim me. Like, that is the hands down best thing to do as far as I've seen in every game. If someone claims your role, this means they probably have a plan to get rid of you almost immediately so generally the best thing you can do is counter claim them. On the other hand it's usually an almost worthless move on the wolve's side to fake counter claim.
    You'd be surprised. I've seen some crazy things work really well, and when the villagers get confused it usually works out in the wolves favor. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, just I'm not going to necessarily rule it out.

    I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    I counter your quote by bolding the part you didn't! Ha HAH!

    ...

    Seriously. What? I was mostly joking anyway and even if not it was an aside to telling people to wait till after the lynch, which in itself pointed out that it wasn't the suggested normal course of action.

    I wasn't saying wolves don't do crazy things. However nobody has counter claimed me yet and at least half the players have posted since I made my claim haven't they? So, there's currently no good reason to believe I'm lying.

    Edit: I re-read planswalker's post and, it's actually worse than I thought. Not wanting to believe a situation is as bad as it is is no excuse to make it worse because you refuse to accept the reality of your situation.

    And why the heck do I deserve your vote? Grue Bait is the one who just jumped out day 2 himself, without a proxy, with a vague claim. Then Rarity screwed us by randomly baning someone not herself. And I'm already going to be the one paying the price for their actions without you going nuts and lynching me. That's just adding insult to injury.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 07:20 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I counter your quote by bolding the part you didn't! Ha HAH!

    ...

    Seriously. What? I was mostly joking anyway and even if not it was an aside to telling people to wait till after the lynch, which in itself pointed out that it wasn't the suggested normal course of action.

    I wasn't saying wolves don't do crazy things. However nobody has counter claimed me yet and at least half the players have posted since I made my claim haven't they? So, there's currently no good reason to believe I'm lying.
    ... except that having both seers reveal themselves to the wolves is so very bad for the long term that it makes no sense for you to do so, if you really were.

    hell, while we're just handing out seer claims, I'll throw my hat in the ring as Pinkie Pie, and scrying Grue last night showed he was a tangerine!
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Castaras's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    I'm Pinkie Pie, and so's my wife!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

    "After the first day we universally agreed that she was banned from fire thereafter. The second day she ended up with the power to create 5 extra copies of herself."
    ~ Heliomance

    "You're like Pinkie Pie powered by a nuclear reactor."
    ~ Lix Lorn


  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Planswalker, you aren't helping.

    Edit: Castaras, that goes double for you! (Because you effectively claimed it twice.)

    Yes, both seers out there is bad. You know what's worse? Me sitting there and letting you guys lynch the non-fool seer because Rarity baned a wolf and without my claim people would believe they were doing the right thing. What the hell man. You're basically blaming me for other people screwing up and bothering to try and give town a chance at winning.

    Edit 2: Not that I'm 100% sure Grue Bait isn't the Queen but, I'm not going to support lynching someone I think has a less than 50% chance of being a wolf when we can lynch someone I'm 100% sure is.

    Also, if Grue Bait isn't really Twilight, whoever you are, counter claim him. You're not worth anything to town if nobody believes you until it's too late.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 07:26 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    I'm convinced. The worst thing that could happen if we lynch The Grimmace again is nothing because Rarity protected him again.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    All of that assuming you're not a wolf pulling a stunt to get the real pinkie pie to reveal herself.

    Or maybe just a villager that thinks they can get away with this bluff so that pinkie pie won't speak up because you're convinced grue is right.

    If we assume you are telling the truth and there is no chance you are lying, your version makes sense. But if we allow that you might be lying, I see it making more sense for you to be a liar who's either muddying the waters through good intention or a wolf doing so deliberately.
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    All of that assuming you're not a wolf pulling a stunt to get the real pinkie pie to reveal herself.
    Because that would sooooooooo be worth it. *rolls eyes*

    Edit: For Twilight, sure. Rarity, meh. Rainbowdash...already dead and also meh. Applejack, certainly! Pinkie Pie, heck no.

    Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Or maybe just a villager that thinks they can get away with this bluff so that pinkie pie won't speak up because you're convinced grue is right.
    That would be so anti-town I can't even imagine anyone who isn't a complete noob doing it. I don't know if you're insulting yourself or me but, someone's intelligence certainly was insulted there.

    Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    If we assume you are telling the truth and there is no chance you are lying, your version makes sense. But if we allow that you might be lying, I see it making more sense for you to be a liar who's either muddying the waters through good intention or a wolf doing so deliberately.
    There is no reason to assume I'm lying at this point. You can't just assume and act as if everyone is lying all the time. The wolves win every time if you do that.

    I think you've more or less cemented in my mind that you're a wolf or neutral turned to the wolf side. The horrible horrible logic added with trying to lynch a PR who is basically only good for the one thing they are currently doing instead of a wolf two people are claiming to have scried with nobody counter-claiming either of them is more than enough for me. You're now at the top of my suspect list (followed by Murska but, Murska at least has the excuse that he tends to start there for just about everyone).
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 07:43 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  23. - Top - End - #203
    Grandma in the Playground Moderator
     
    Alarra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    You're both getting awfully worked up about all of this. I agree though, lynching Grimmace will at best get us a wolf and at worst get us Rarity and a lot of info. Or rather, a missed killed cause he probably protected himself and we'd still get lots of info.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2012-09-14 at 07:48 PM.

    I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    usourselves&we's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    don't have time to read every thing or RP at this time and need to vote.

    Looks like Ramsus is chatting a bunch and saying a lot, it would be foolish to do that as a wolf with this number of people in the game, and we think Ramsus is inclined not to act like that so. . .

    the grimmace
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    call me a noob in my first wolf game if you wish, but I'd like it if you didn't call me stupid just because I don't seem to have a well-defined grasp of what assumptions are and are not safe to make according to your word.

    To me, it looks like the wolves wouldn't really get a shot at killing off Grue (assuming he is TS), seeing as the night baner could protect him, but if both seer roles are revealed, they can't both be covered. I'm not seeing why revealing yourself to be pinkie pie (if you are) would be more helpful than not.

    I'm highly suspicious about what to me looks like illogical behavior.

    also, it doesn't particularly suprise me that someone who's disagreeing with you gets declared a wolf. you did claim that either I am trying to insult your intelligence or else have none of my own. Since I was not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, it would seem to me that you were attempting to implicate the other way.
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Okay here's my theory on why I think you are a wolf Ramsus;


    If you are a wolf then Twilight and Pinkie are both still hidden and relatively safe. Otherwise we will likely lose both of our Seers soon which will suck.

    You would pull this off because along with Grue one of you is Ursa Major which will cause another 2 town ponies to die alongside Rarity (which was either a scan or just a random guess.) If we attack the Ursa first the other can use their changling powers to infect another townie at no cost. Net: we lose 3-4 townies for 1-2 wolves. Not to mention we'd lose more time while they racked up night kills if Rarity is protecting herself again.

    Now if you are Pinkie then I guess you'd be the more expendable of our seers. So I'd rather sacrifice you to confirm then Grue Bait. Which is why I voted for you over him. Plus I think Grue is the Ursa if you are a wolf.

    Also I'm curious on why you say seers shouldn't reveal their scans? I mean sure don't give all the details but shouldn't you say if they were good, neutral, or evil?


    Overall I'm more voting for you in the hopes that you are a wolf because if you are telling the truth I think we are ******
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Grue Bait's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    All right you two, back to your corners, before this get out of hand. Nobody's insulting anybody, and nobody is intentionally making the other mad. Ramsus, this is planswalker's first game; he's playing the game with no prior experience and learning as he goes. We have few enough WW players these days to afford pissing any off and making them not want to play. Seriously. Let it go, both of you.
    Last edited by Grue Bait; 2012-09-14 at 08:09 PM.
    Avatar by The Grimmace. Or Zjoot, I guess.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    They were fighting over the merits of pacifism.

    I'm part of this project to bring safe drinking water to impoverished countries. Check us out!

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Ramsus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    Forum Explorer, *sigh*.

    Ok, first off, doing things because "if that's true than we're in seriously trouble, therefore I'm going to act like it isn't" is never a good course of action. You only make things worse.

    How would killing me confirm Grue Bait either way? I'm not vouching for him based on a scry because Pinkie Pie scries the two roles he could be exactly the same. I'm vouching against the Grimmace. Who won't die today if he is Rarity.

    I didn't know this was Planswalker's first game.

    Let me explain why a non-power role claiming to be one on they aren't is bad for town. It confuses things. If vanilla pony claims to be Pinky and then Pinky counterclaims then vanilla pony just outed Pinky to the wolves for no gain at all to town. Vanilla Pony does not know if anyone is Darkwing pony because they are a vanilla pony. So that throws confusion on whether or not a wolf is a wolf and a town PR is town. This confusion only helps the wolves because no matter what, they aren't confused about who is and isn't a wolf. So, it's a very very bad move that only helps wolves. I said it was insulting because I have enough experience to never have any possibility of confusing that kind of action with something helpful to do and was unaware you did not have that knowledge. (And to be a bit brutally honest I thought about it long enough the first time the idea popped into my head that I realized what a bad idea it was.)

    Also, since you don't seem to understand why I had to claim, think about what would have happened if I hadn't. Would town believe Grue Bait about the Grimmace being Darkwing pony? What happens to town when they lynch their seer to save a wolf? Even on the off chance (I personally think it's unlikely) that Grue Bait is the Queen, then at least some people would not believe me later when I said the Grimmace was Darkwing pony. Both because they think he is Rarity but, also because why would I have not said something earlier if when it was between lynching him and the seer? Most likely I would then end up lynched too.

    As for why it's bad to announce scries publicly, here is a small sample:

    It lets the wolves know who town power roles are.
    It lets wolves know which of them have been scried and are/aren't worth trying to save/use as appropriate.
    Every time the seer announced someone was a vanilla town pony that would be one less person they had to scry to find a town power role.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-09-14 at 08:22 PM.
    Avatar by araveugnitsuga

    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I have no idea how you could possibly have convinced anyone, living or not, witch or not, to for a single second doubt that you were scum. It's scary.
    Theme song Vesth made for me.
    My overly long signature


  29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    The Grimmace. If it turns out he's Rarity, we've found two wolves. If Grue and Ramsus are telling the truth, we take out Darkwing Pony. That's enough to lynch Grimmace alone.

    Planswalker, a fake wolf claim of Pinky Pie finding Darkwing Pony would be the nearly the worst possible fake claim. Easily tested and even if you get Darkwing Pony right, the actual Pinky Pie comes out (if they didn't before for some reason) and you lynch both (or until you find the wolf) because after Darkwing Pony is found, any wolf is worth far more Pinky Pie.

    Forum explorer - this early on, unless it impacts something significantly, seers shouldn't reveal any of their good scries. Wolves tend to go for confirmed villagers and in this game, confirmed villagers may end up being targeted by the changelings after being confirmed. If they scry someone evil and they're out in the open already, they should (and do) say it. On one of the other points, whenever we lynch Ursa, we will lose 3 villagers for 1 wolf, so the point of 1-2 wolves for 3-4 town isn't exactly bad if those wolves include Ursa.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground
     
    planswalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ravnica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

    thank you for explaining things. I now see what you're talking about, and I guess it doesn't really make sense for you to not be pinkie pie. I see now I wasn't thinking things through and letting the paranoia of the game get to me.

    I apologize for being petulant.

    The Grimmace is the safe bet then, I guess. Still, it sucks for us that so many power roles are revealed so early. I don't like our chances.

    edit: and I promise that I'll try tomorrow to let experienced people make reasonable argument before I go mouthing off my noobishness and cause unnecessary chaos. I'm just trying to get a feel for how things work here.

    __________________________________________________ ______

    The yellow pants eyed The Grimmace, Ramsus, Grue Bait, and Atreiu suspiciously. Well, pants don't have eyes, but you get the idea. He doesn't trust any of them. The brown earth pony wearing them doesn't seem to mind. In fact, he's beginning to set up a stand of some sort just outside his home.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-14 at 08:30 PM.
    Best. Thread. Ever!

    Much thanks to Ceika for the Collin Brady Poketar!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •