New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony WW 2: The Shadow Reign

Out of the west, a plume of dust billows into the air. At its fore, the other ponies see a figure growing closer and closer as the sun rises. The figure is swathed in dusty leather from head to hoof, and its face is covered in a strange mask. When the figure gets to the town center and skids to a halt, the leather coat billows, and the gathered town ponies see a gray pony with the hint of a single white star mark. The pony's voice is modulated through the mask's vocal processer, but it sounds male.

You can call me Silver Star. I've heard about what's happened to Ponyville and I've traveled here to clean this town up, whatever means necessary.

((OOC: I'm a bit suspicious of Murska's actions yesterday, but you don't have to take my word for it.))

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

My gut says that GnomeGninjas needs to be poked. Reasons to follow later, if reactions lead to me agreeing with my gut.
    The BareFoot Programmer

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to meeee! Happy- oh wait you killed me!
    Princess.....Harem. =P

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    My gut says that GnomeGninjas needs to be poked. Reasons to follow later, if reactions lead to me agreeing with my gut.
    My response to this is me being really worried about giving the wrong response and getting killed.

Since at the moment we have a confirmed seer then perhaps we should wait to hear what they have to say.

Edit: Aren't we all suposed to know for certain about what side Trixie is joining by day 4 (today)?
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-09-18 at 04:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeGninjas View Post
    Edit: Aren't we all suposed to know for certain about what side Trixie is joining by day 4 (today)?
    A very good question. The answer is.... there wasn't enough players, so I had to cut some of the roles. But I don't tell which roles were cut. I think it makes it more interesting.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Well I haven't really got anything.

Vote for Eternis for an unexplained random vote. I want to know why you voted for Tiger Fang.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-19 at 02:11 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well I haven't really got anything.

Vote for Eternis for an unexplained random vote. I want to know why you voted for Tiger Fang.
    It's that really hectic stuff is going on in my life right now, and it's tough to find time to get on. This game is really fun though, and I want to keep playing, so I've sent out the occasional inconsequential vote to make sure that I stay in.
    Short Version:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RPing as a pony is AWESOME.

Elemental for... Character specific reasons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And no, I won't tell this time
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

*points at Eternis, because he's above me in the thread.*

Can't talk now, got a nuclear reactor to build!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Elemental for... Character specific reasons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And no, I won't tell this time
    Is it because I used the word kakistocracy? I did not make that up! It is actually a real word!
    Despite it being completely ridiculous to say.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Grue Bait, what have you got for us?

For now, GnomeGninjas. Although, I would like to see what TBF has to say about him.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Castaras looks suspicious. But then, that's pretty much her natural state. Nonetheless...
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeGninjas View Post
    I see 3 possible expanations.

1) Grimmace is Darkwing Pony and Rarity just decided to random bane. This doesn't really need much explanation.

2) Grimmace is Rarity, the wolves decided to get the town to try to kill her so Gruebait claimed TwilightSparkle. [snip]

3) This seems the least likely of my theories, Grimmace is DarkWingPony and Gruebait is The Queen. [snip] After the wolves saw that Gruebait wasn't being believed they got another wolf, probably a changling to claim PinkiePie in order to save Gruebait.
    This is GnomeGninjas big contribution to the game so far. It throws suspicion on the seers with two highly unlikely theories. Theory 3's strangeness is admitted to, but theory 2 is actually less supported. After all, when Gruebait claimed, Grimmace hadn't yet been protected.

Gnome avoids voting at this point, which leads me to believe this post served two purposes. First, it provided a platform for the paranoid or another wolf to construct an argument to protect Grimmace after Ramsus' claim. Second, it allowed Gnome to appear active and helpful without actually taking a stand on anything.

Late in the day, Gnome dropped a quick vote on Grimmace, but only after it was a forgone conclusion that Grimmace would die, ensuring any vote counts would have him on Grimmace's lynch.

-----------------------------------

Gnome's latest post, however, is far more suspect. He doesn't want to talk because he fears he may die (with one vote on him) and he wants everyone to quietly follow the seer (thereby handing the game to the wolves if they manage to kill the baner).

Most players don't want to die, because that is the end of the game for them. It is typically very rare for a town player to be paranoid over a single vote, though, as they are too busy tracking down wolves and know that any logic used against them must be flawed in some way.

A wolf that suddenly comes under unexplained scrutiny is worried about whether they were scried. If they were, they will be worried about accidentally revealing a teammate. Thus, until they know, they usually take any excuse to be silent. A panicking wolf often reaches for the "victim" play of not wanting to get killed.

The desire to rely on the seer is also especially troubling when the wolves have a means to invalidate old scries. This tactic is often used to try to suppress discussion from those not connected to the seer, thereby ferreting out the existing network, whilst making it very hard for town to function should the seer die.
    The BareFoot Programmer

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll buy the GnomeGninjas argument. Relying on the seer is a sure way to not get information from voting days and make the end game that much harder should the seer and his/her network get eliminated. Look at the last two days. Two days of seer bandwagon and little vote info to garner from it if today's slow voting is any indication.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-19 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

This is GnomeGninjas big contribution to the game so far. It throws suspicion on the seers with two highly unlikely theories. Theory 3's strangeness is admitted to, but theory 2 is actually less supported. After all, when Gruebait claimed, Grimmace hadn't yet been protected.

Gnome avoids voting at this point, which leads me to believe this post served two purposes. First, it provided a platform for the paranoid or another wolf to construct an argument to protect Grimmace after Ramsus' claim. Second, it allowed Gnome to appear active and helpful without actually taking a stand on anything.

Late in the day, Gnome dropped a quick vote on Grimmace, but only after it was a forgone conclusion that Grimmace would die, ensuring any vote counts would have him on Grimmace's lynch.

-----------------------------------

Gnome's latest post, however, is far more suspect. He doesn't want to talk because he fears he may die (with one vote on him) and he wants everyone to quietly follow the seer (thereby handing the game to the wolves if they manage to kill the baner).

Most players don't want to die, because that is the end of the game for them. It is typically very rare for a town player to be paranoid over a single vote, though, as they are too busy tracking down wolves and know that any logic used against them must be flawed in some way.

A wolf that suddenly comes under unexplained scrutiny is worried about whether they were scried. If they were, they will be worried about accidentally revealing a teammate. Thus, until they know, they usually take any excuse to be silent. A panicking wolf often reaches for the "victim" play of not wanting to get killed.

The desire to rely on the seer is also especially troubling when the wolves have a means to invalidate old scries. This tactic is often used to try to suppress discussion from those not connected to the seer, thereby ferreting out the existing network, whilst making it very hard for town to function should the seer die.
    Damn, that's a pretty convincing argument. I'd buy it if I didn't know I was innocent, well neutral. I'm Discord (I'd do the rainbow letters thing but I'm to lazy). I was trying to say smart sounding things so the town wouldn't be suspicious of my lack of contribution and kill me. Also if I managed to correctly guess the wolves plan they might get suspicious and night kill me thus bring fun for everyone me. It might still be best for you guys to kill me in case I'm lying or to disarm me. I'll PM the details of the "chaos" that will reign if I get night killed to TwilightSparkle. I believe that he will find that it benefits the town more than the wolves.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Well alright. Lets take a look at GnomeGninja Eternis' argument is valid and frankly TBFProgrammer has more of a reason to vote for GnomeGninja then I do for Eternis. So that will be good enough for me.

Quick, slightly irrelevant, question for you all. If a Seer scans a Normal Town Pony should they reveal them as town simply because they are expendable in comparison to an important role and we wouldn't want the important role to get hit by random? Or should they only reveal if that pony was going to be lynched that day?

Thinking Cap sighed. Pinkie Pie had been one of his best customers and in the hat business you needed all the sales you can get. Still Spike was still around and he was always wanted new hats.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-20 at 10:42 AM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Well alright. Lets take a look at GnomeGninja Eternis' argument is valid and frankly TBFProgrammer has more of a reason to vote for GnomeGninja then I do for Eternis. So that will be good enough for me.

Quick, slightly irrelevant, question for you all. If a Seer scans a Normal Town Pony should they reveal them as town simply because they are expendable in comparison to an important role and we wouldn't want the important role to get hit by random? Or should they only reveal if that pony was going to be lynched that day?

Thinking Cap sighed. Pinkie Pie had been one of his best customers and in the hat business you needed all the sales you can get. Still Spike was still around and he was always wanted new hats.
    Only reveal if the pony was going to get lynched. The seer revealing roles to everyone is the same thing as handing the wolves free scries to better find the important roles and smart wolves will not waste time trying to cut off the heads of a hydra.

Discord, huh? Interesting...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Neither, if at all possible. The seer has other means of influencing the vote and that information should be denied the wolves (who have even more use for that information than normal). Why are you so interested in acquiring this information? *stares at FE*
    The BareFoot Programmer

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to wait on casting my vote until we've heard whether or not the seer found a wolf last night. Don't get me wrong, TBF sounds rather convincing, but if we can get a guaranteed wolf, that means less gambling.

@V after two days of being accused of wolfhood, I think the shock has worn off.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-19 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I'll wait a bit on the Discord claim. And then vote for planswalker for all the reasons I mentioned earlier about relying on the seer and denying information.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-21 at 04:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Neither, if at all possible. The seer has other means of influencing the vote and that information should be denied the wolves (who have even more use for that information than normal). Why are you so interested in acquiring this information? *stares at FE*
    For future games. I'm wanting to play more WW games so I'm trying to learn all I can as fast as I can.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

For future games. I'm wanting to play more WW games so I'm trying to learn all I can as fast as I can.
    Not the strategy information, the innocent scries themselves. This is the second time you've gone after that information in some way. Why?
    The BareFoot Programmer

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

I had the same question when I was new to WW games.

The good PRs like to form networks with players that they know to be vanilla townspeople. The point is to gain lynch control before the wolves do, because the side that controls the lynch is the side that wins. So, if you announce who's in the network to everyone, the wolves know who to kill to prevent the town network from developing, which makes it easier for the wolves to win.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Not the strategy information, the innocent scries themselves. This is the second time you've gone after that information in some way. Why?
    What? I'm not asking for the innocent scries. (I only did that once yesterday, and had it explained why that was a bad idea.) I'm just thinking of hypothetical questions and asking them. It's why a prefaced it with slightly irrelevant (since I'm not the seer) and the If.

Also to what extent are PMs between players encouraged? And can I have permission from someone to send them my hypothetical questions?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if Lex is ok with it I'd be fine with answering hypotheticals.

(And then Lex is like "No. I don't trust you!" And I am like . )

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well, if Lex is ok with it I'd be fine with answering hypotheticals.
    My name is Lex-Kat, and I approve of this message.

Note the absense of any parenthical nonsense in the Ramsus quote.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-09-19 at 08:49 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

mind isn't properly connected to think about the Discord claim, has really been in disarray since a few weeks ago, sorry about this.

anyways we are at a tossup on who to vote having only read bits of the past eight pages but there are two non claims that are looking odd if only for not knowing how they normally play, so yeah going to go to sleep without voting.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeGninjas

Don't really have much else to add. Like FE, I'd like to learn more about the game so could someone (perhaps GG him/herself) explain why one would claim as Discord? Wouldn't the town lynch Discord (since Discord "wins" when night killed)?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    GnomeGninjas

Don't really have much else to add. Like FE, I'd like to learn more about the game so could someone (perhaps GG him/herself) explain why one would claim as Discord? Wouldn't the town lynch Discord (since Discord "wins" when night killed)?
    But I'm neutral. Discord winning does not stop you from winning, chaos reigning for the next few days hurts your team some but I think it hurts the wolves more, I pm'd the details to Gruebait.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Silver Scream! There appears to be a pony after you and your employer. Here's my card if you require representation in the future. In case he escalates things or mysteriously disappears. I would recommend you keep an eye out for Mangosta as well - some of his comments have been quite suspicious.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Having been in town on an errand, Silver Scream accepted the card from Barrister Trotalot. Surely the victims of a crime shouldn't require lawyers...
    Still, the warning was appreciated and Silver Scream returned home having sent numerous telegrams.
    It was almost lunch time, and he had sandwiches to make.

------

OOC: Admittedly, I would not be fond of chaos being unleashed. However, that's only a night kill.
    Still, I shall wait for Grue Bait to post before I make up my mind.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!