New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Christmas gifts?

Hello everyone what I am posting is what you are wishing to get for Christmas and what you think your gonna get. I will also say my Christmas list.
    What I want for Christmas is a laptop, Sim City 5 and cash.

Happy Holidays.

2DS FC: 1178-1470-0756

Pokemon X: Roy

My Friend Safari: (Unknown)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Christmas gifts?

What I wish for:
    • The surcharges released on my driver's license, so I can get…
    • That promotion I can't have without a driver's license, or at least a job that gets us off food stamps and out of the slums.
    • A wireless keyboard for my wife.
    • Chiropractic treatment for my back.
    • A back massage.
    • A nice D&D session with my IRL friends.
    • A house.
    • A honeymoon for my wife. (We never got one.)
    • Side-view mirrors for my bicycle (so I can keep an eye on my son who rides behind me on a Trail Gator hitch)
    • Glasses. My son broke mine.
    • A new laptop for my wife.
    • A bigger savings account (college fund for my son)
    • Our extended family to get along and maybe work out some issues.
    • A new router would be nice. (Our son kind of broke our current one and so it doesn't always work.)

What I Think I'll be Getting:
    • A few thoughtful cards.
    • Some cash.
    • A delicious Christmas dinner.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I look forward to seeing what everybody else posts Happy Holidays everybody.

What I've put in requests for:
    • My computer repaired.
    • D&D battle grid.
    • Dice.
    • HATS!!

What I know I'm getting:
    • Computer repaired - next month.
    • D&D battle grid.

What I'll probably get:
    • Star Wars coffee cups.
    • Yelled at.
    • A headache.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-12-22 at 05:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I want to be crowned Master of the Universe, and have all nations acknowledge me as their One True Emperor.

Okay, more seriously, I can't really think of anything major I really want this Christmas.

As for what I'm getting, none of my relatives tend to have any idea what I'm into at any given time, so I usually just get money/Amazon gift cards (Which I have no problem with whatsoever.)
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, for New Years/Christmas I wish for a go (board game) set. I usually just dread opening presents because I know I'm going to get weird stuff.

I will probably get money from someone.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a traditionalist. I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, a pair of Hopalong boots, some figgy pudding, six geese a-laying, frankincense, and a White Christmas.

(I'd also ask for Peace on Earth, but I don't know how to wrap it.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    I'm a traditionalist. I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle
    You'll shoot your eye out.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    You'll shoot your eye out.
    As I say, I'm a traditionalist.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

A job and a girlfriend

Unfortunately, both are slightly hard to wrap up and fit under a Christmas tree.
    Aside from that I’m pretty content, there’s not a lot of material things I crave.

Unfortunately, this makes things hard on people when they ask what i want for Christmas and i say "well i don't really know".

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm getting a sterling silver ring and probably some acrylic painting supplies. I know I'm getting the former and I wrote out a list of the painting supplies I wanted and it got passed around. For the general extended family gift exchange, I have no idea what I'm getting because I don't know who got my name. As long as it's not a coupon book, I'll be okay with anything. It might very well end up being a coupon book.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    A job and a girlfriend

Unfortunately, both are slightly hard to wrap up and fit under a Christmas tree.
    Ah, but the unwrapping of the latter...

I ask for one thing every year, same as my grandmother did: "Peace and Quiet." I don't expect to receive it and would probably be disappointed if I actually did.
    [CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion

12. - Top - End - #12

Goblin

Wife said here is $100 go online and order something you really want. So I did.
    Told her I wanted a new SCA Sword under the tree with a ribbon under it. Couldnt get the stick in but I did get the Cuphilt.

Spoiler
    Show

My kids (aka wife) got me a present as well. Already wrapped up and I have no clue as to what it is.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, we celebrate Chanukah, but hopefully you won't mind me joining in the thread anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    Aside from that I’m pretty content, there’s not a lot of material things I crave.

Unfortunately, this makes things hard on people when they ask what i want for Christmas and i say "well i don't really know".
    I know exactly what you mean - I am the same way. I pretty much have all the objects I need and don't want any more. I try to be creative about it and ask for non-material things that can still be gifted. For example, there is a play opening in a few months that I want to see really badly, so my brother and SIL gave me an IOU for a night out with dinner and drinks and theater when it opens. Along the same lines, my parents gave me tickets to two nights of Winter Jazz Fest, which I am really excited about. My favorite band in the whole world is playing and my friends are coming and it will be awesome

Things I asked for and received: 3 CDs, the aforementioned play & concert tickets, a 2TB backup drive
    Things I received but did not specifically ask for: soap, moisturizer, bed sheets, chocolate, alcoholic beverages

My favorite thing was the present I came up with for my nephew. He is just getting into both Star Wars and Legos (he just turned 5) and I went online and paid a small fortune to buy minifigs of some of his favorite characters (Darth Vader, C3PO, Han Solo, etc.) and a bag of light sabers. (You can never have too many!) By the end of the night Darth Vader was dual-wielding double light sabers. Han Solo didn't stand a chance.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

What I want: My friends back.

What I'll get: Nothing.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    Well, we celebrate Chanukah, but hopefully you won't mind me joining in the thread anyway!
    Don't worry I actually celebrate both. Mainly because me and my sister have different dads my side is Christmas and her side is Chanukah and I get presents from both sides which is awesome and also my dads and my moms parents all divorced and remarried so that's even more grandparents with presents.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 171akup View Post
    I get presents from both sides which is awesome and also my dads and my moms parents all divorced and remarried so that's even more grandparents with presents.
    That's a silver lining right there

My nephew is the only child in his generation of my family, so he has parents, two sets of grandparents, and three aunts who have no kids to buy presents for except him. And he gets Chanukah on one side and Christmas on the other side like you do. And his birthday is in December. Now that's a lot of presents...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfPirate

That's a silver lining right there

My nephew is the only child in his generation of my family, so he has parents, two sets of grandparents, and three aunts who have no kids to buy presents for except him. And he gets Chanukah on one side and Christmas on the other side like you do. And his birthday is in December. Now that's a lot of presents...
    Wow my bday is in early October then I get Halloween then thanksgiving then chanukah and Christmas all in a row. Also I have gone to Halloween every day even when I was less than a month old and I believe you can go trick or treating at any age and I will go till I die. Because even if I get stuck in a wheel chair I will make someone push me and go.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

What I want: Some good black socks with just a bit of compression.

What I will get: A bunch of metal CD's.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

19. - Top - End - #19

An anime figure, an anime DVD, miscellaneous anime merchandise and new running clothes particulars. I feel my wants are mostly straightforward, and there's a beauty to that, right~?

Nobody ever tells me what they want me to get them for Christmas. I think this is the second or third year I've involved candles, scarves, and historical knickknacks in my giving list, but maybe they'll be happy that they expected what they got from me.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Bait View Post
    Ah, but the unwrapping of the latter...

I ask for one thing every year, same as my grandmother did: "Peace and Quiet." I don't expect to receive it and would probably be disappointed if I actually did.
    Oh I totally get you there. Unwrapping that present would be great.
    I hate the holiday season, the idiots on the road, the crowds, the rude people, the black Friday deals, the stupid butchered Christmas carols telling you to buy buy buy, and all the other associated hassles of this time of year.
    I just don’t want to deal with it anymore… maybe I’m just getting old (cyber Christmas sounds so much more attractive, might have to try it out).
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a Grinch or anything I love Christmas and gift giving, it’s just I hate all the assorted hassles that go with it.

I know exactly what you mean - I am the same way. I pretty much have all the objects I need and don't want any more. I try to be creative about it and ask for non-material things that can still be gifted. For example, there is a play opening in a few months that I want to see really badly, so my brother and SIL gave me an IOU for a night out with dinner and drinks and theater when it opens. Along the same lines, my parents gave me tickets to two nights of Winter Jazz Fest, which I am really excited about. My favorite band in the whole world is playing and my friends are coming and it will be awesome

Things I asked for and received: 3 CDs, the aforementioned play & concert tickets, a 2TB backup drive
    Things I received but did not specifically ask for: soap, moisturizer, bed sheets, chocolate, alcoholic beverages

My favorite thing was the present I came up with for my nephew. He is just getting into both Star Wars and Legos (he just turned 5) and I went online and paid a small fortune to buy minifigs of some of his favorite characters (Darth Vader, C3PO, Han Solo, etc.) and a bag of light sabers. (You can never have too many!) By the end of the night Darth Vader was dual-wielding double light sabers. Han Solo didn't stand a chance.
    Nice gift idea, I don’t have any nephews and the children of my cousins are still all infants. So I can’t really buy anything like that for anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by 171akup View Post
    Wow my bday is in early October then I get Halloween then thanksgiving then chanukah and Christmas all in a row. Also I have gone to Halloween every day even when I was less than a month old and I believe you can go trick or treating at any age and I will go till I die. Because even if I get stuck in a wheel chair I will make someone push me and go.
    Mine is in January, and the problem with having your Bday so early in the year, is that you get everything at about the same time, and then NOTHING for the rest of the year. It gets a little depressing when people are like “its my birthday” and it’s July.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

I want a Surface Pro 2, but it is far too expensive to ask for. I think I will be getting sweaters. I got a really nice wool coat for my main present.
    I'm mostly excited to give my sister her 3DS.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I have never been much of a materialistic person, so gifts are never reallyy thing. I just want a nice dinner, see some friends, and have a relaxing break before school starts up again (last semester of college. Already applied for graduation! Woohoo!).

This last year was kinda meh, so I also wish for 2014 to kick some butt for me and my friends and family who also struggled.

Hope everyone gets there wishes granted this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    "Exuberant sensual act" could be all kinds of stuff, like weird new-agey rituals, some kind of exhausting dance, or a fantasy version of twerking.

Because seriously, if you're willing to sit in a dark grimy hole for a week without human contact (Otyugh Hole) to get a feat, or castrate yourself for a PrC, then you can twerk a fey once for int-mod to hit points.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Loot!!

So, it seems as though we can now report the loot!

A few of my favorites:
    1. a sonic screwdriver
    2. a box of Lindt truffles
    3. a grow your own coffee kit
    4. a framed poster of the Exploding TARDIS
    5. a calendar decorated with handprints from my 5 year old

I'm happy with this.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

I got a Sega Saturn, "Grief" by Germ, and a black snood scarf type thingy.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Every year, I wish for books and chocolate, and every year, I get books and chocolate (and woolen socks and money). Makes me a happy camper.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

I got:
    • A fight with the family (we struggle to get along, so that was expected).
    • A delicious Christmas dinner.
    • Some money.
    • A picture frame.
    • A chance to pet some horses.
    • Some cards.

All in all it could've been worse, and it wasn't. So I'm calling this Christmas a win. My son made out like a bandit and had the most wonderful time playing around on a farm and tearing into gift wrapping, and memories like that will last longer than than any of the gifts I received this year.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Got a set of adjustable dumbbells and a couple nice shirts; aka just what I asked for. Gave a diamond waterstone and a clay deal for baking bread, aka just what my Mom asked for. I really love our Christmas system.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I got two Order of the Stick t-shirts!

Very happy with them.
    dutch
    evil and twisted...but in a nice way

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I got a Sega Saturn, "Grief" by Germ, and a black snood scarf type thingy.
    Is that an actual Sega Saturn? Not one of those Chinese emulators they sell online, but an honest Sega Saturn?
    Last edited by Grinner; 2013-12-26 at 10:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

I got a tablet and megabloks! Stuff I asked for!
    What? I like building stuff.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-26 at 10:58 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!