New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Super Power Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by FallenEco View Post
    Just because we have one two unbeatable people, you're all giving up?

We have superhero teams for that stuff!

Quick everyone buddy-up!

Wait, I never got picked when that happened. Never mind. Even with my power... Oh, yeah I better do that.
    O.O
    Enhanced Boomerangmanship? Really?
    How'd it know I was Australian?
    Well that's the problem, onmipotency is literally unbeatable. Not by any number. an omnipotent person versus another omnipotent person is less a fight and more a philosophical debate. It's also the point where the unverse breaks. (although jsut for laughs I think cartoonphysics also as omnipotentcy since it is almost as powerful, but way funnier)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Well that's the problem, onmipotency is literally unbeatable. Not by any number. an omnipotent person versus another omnipotent person is less a fight and more a philosophical debate. It's also the point where the unverse breaks. (although jsut for laughs I think cartoonphysics also as omnipotentcy since it is almost as powerful, but way funnier)
    Not quite. Omnipotence means they can affect anything they can observe in whatever way they can imagine. Most people who become omnipotent are not also omniscient, and a fair number of people really aren't all that imaginative.

The first time I did this, I got the category page for... Creation powers, I believe it was?... I'd have to look it up to be sure, but even just with the two or three powers I remember looking at in enough detail to be fairly certain of what they let you do, I'd give myself fairly good odds for dealing with someone who's omnipotent.

Of course, I'd still be dead in a straight up fight, obviously - I'd probably need to at the very least do some extraordinarily creative things with my abilities just to keep them from deathwishing me, or maybe have them and the Inca Deity Physiology I got this time around so that I have death as one of my portfolios - but I wouldn't be doing a straight up fight. Winning against someone omnipotent relies on their not thinking to see if they're walking into a trap, or figuring out a way to fool them.

Also, though, I admit that creation powers and omnipotence have some really weird interactions, since some of them are basically limited forms of omnipotence themselves - the ability to create anything you can imagine, for instance, even if you can't control it once you have - which means that I could do things like create a substance that they can't use their abilities on, since I can imagine such a thing, even though theoretically, they should still be able to do so due to being omnipotent.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-10-25 at 06:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

does subatomic particle affecting fall under creationpowers? Because it would not be creating. However, if I were to fight omnipotence, 2 questions neeed to be answered: is disassembled on an atomic level does the omnipotence still work? (i.e. can you still be omnipotent if you have been subatomically disassembled?) And what's the thing with time and omnipotence? (is it a question fo rockettag or how does it work?)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Having gone and looked it up, as I said I was going to, it turns out I actually hit Reality-altering Powers, not Creation Powers, Creation being its own power included in that category. So presumably, yes, one would have that, as well as quite a few other powerful things.

I would say that, in reference to your first question, the individual atoms could, in theory, be fractionally omnipotent, but that it wouldn't really matter since they'd be incapable of thinking or experiencing.

As for the second, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Also, I know Snowfire, who was, I believe, the first person to get omnipotence, from several LoC games now, so I'd be happy to contact them about setting up a thread wherein they take on various challengers, in the interests of proving that someone with omnipotence can be beaten, if that would be something people would be interested in?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

So I see this became a thing.

Hi. I'm Snowfire, you're friendly neighborhood Overdeity. I hear you want to try and beat me up. That's kinda hurtful y'know, but considering I'm Immortal and Immutable, I guess I'm up for letting you try.

So come at me bro
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Reality-Altering Powers. Which apparently technically means I'm also Omnipotent, but for these purposes, we'll ignore that for the moment, since the point of this isn't really to prove that two Overdeities can probably figure out a way around each other's defenses.

I have Omnilock, so I step outside all realities, including the one you exist in, meaning I can't be directly observed or affected by you. You can surmise my existence from suffiecent evidence, if I slip up, but that's about it; as soon as you enter the non-space I'm in to try to get at me, it becomes a reality, and I vanish from it.

I then use Nonexistence on any romantic love and/or attraction any significant other you might have feels for you, and on the concept that they might do so.

Then I use Reality Warping to make it so that a thing can both exist and not exist at the same time outside of thought experiments, Nonexistence to erase the concept that it was ever not that way, and Creation to make an empath who is blissfully unaware that they contain such a substance (which, theoretically, you and your powers will also be unaware of, since it counts as not existing), and attracted to you, then place them where they'll be set up so that it should be reasonably easy for them to use their knowledge of your emotions to get into a relationship with you, and use Nonexistence on the concept of their not having existed prior to when I created them, as well as that of their not having been born normally and lived a reasonably normal life.

Should that work and you become reasonably intimate with them, some the non-but-also-not-non-existent substance should get into your body, where it bonds to you and becomes recognized as a part of yourself since even as it's doing that, it doesn't exist, and thus doesn't count as a change, at which time I use Reality Warping again, to remove the first substance from the empath I made, and replace it with another, which, when it combines with the first, is an incredibly lethal toxin, which, presumably, will be counted as part of your body's normal function, since the first half of the toxin is now being counted as part of you, and has as its purpose bonding with the second half.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Well, I can Shatter the Sky.

That's a pretty extensive list, though not exhaustive, and says I can manipulate celestial objects, including the sun.

Sure, that limits me to only the observable parts of the galaxy from Earth, but that's nothing to sneeze at. You can't, actually, I took all the air.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

World's best sandwich maker.

And pretty much anything else I decide to be, or want to happen, or not happen, or whatever.

That's... interesting.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-11-01 at 09:19 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, is this the right place to apply to LUTAS? It is? Great. Umm, hello, ladies and gentlemen, I present my humble application.

1. Name: Mattie_P

2. Power: Enhanced Stamina

3. How extensive is your power? I have the power to function for long periods of time without tiring or straining myself.

4. Is it really less impressive than Aquaman? Yes, it is, because I'll still eventually get tired.

5. Are you sure? Yes. Also, stamina only refers to fatigue toxins that build up in my body, not any other definitions of stamina, so don't get any ideas.

Please let me know if my application is accepted. No, take your time, I'll just stand here and wait. I can wait here all day, and all night, and most of the next day before I have to stretch.
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Fear me, for I have: Troll Physiology!

(Presumably gained by being bitten by a radioactive web forum).

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

And todays power of the day is...

Dark Eldar Physiology
    User with this ability either is or can transform into an Dark Eldar, forsaken and corrupt kindred of the Eldar, an ancient and highly advanced alien race of fey humanoids. Their armies, like their Eldar counterparts, usually have the advantages of mobility and advanced technology, though they are often lacking in resilience and numbers. The Dark Eldar revel in piracy, enslavement and torture, and are sadistic in the extreme.
    Sounds like I just joined the Villians for world domination club. Anyone interested?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground

My power is 4th Wall Awareness. I am either ungodly powerful, or completely useless, basically.

... And this was my second page that I went to... I don't exactly know what this means...
    Last edited by MilesTiden; 2012-10-31 at 12:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTiden View Post
    ... And this was my second page that I went to... I don't exactly know what this means...
    It means you have power over Wikis! Superpower Wiki in particular.
    What this means for you, I have no idea.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

I got….

Diligence Empowerment

ok, either this power is
    1:the most awesome power ever because I'm procrastinating and lazy and could really use a good incentive to work, or its
    2: the worst power ever because I'm procrastinating and lazy and therefore won't use it, or its
    3:the worst power ever because we already get more powerful through diligence and is therefore redundant and largely useless.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Mayan Deity Physiology -- power to use the traits and powers of Mayan Deities. A Variation of Transcendent Physiology.

Including:
    Tattoo Manipulation, Bee Manipulation, Honey Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Death Inducement, Disease Manipulation, Lunar Manipulation
    Underworld Lordship, Divination, Earth Manipulation, Sky Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Bat Physiology, Blood Empowerment, Darkness Manipulation, Death Inducement, Plant Growth, Scale Manifestation, Weather Manipulation, Rain Creation, Storm Creation, Disaster Manipulation, Fire Manipulation. Storm Creation, Wind Generation, Creation, Enhanced Charisma, Enhanced Leadership, Guardianship, Fertility Inducement, Feral Mind, Healing, Jaguar Physiology, Medical Intuition. War Manipulation, Despair Inducement, Suicide Inducement, Solar Affinity, Solar Manipulation, Sexual Inducement, Avian Physiology, Snake Physiology, Cloud Generation, Animal Manipulation, Forest Manipulation, Nature Manipulation, Predator Instinct, Alligator Physiology, Demonic Physiology, Enhanced Strength.

I suppose I should pick one god(dess) and go with it.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    It means you have power over Wikis! Superpower Wiki in particular.
    What this means for you, I have no idea.
    This beats omnipotence, actually. Why? You can blank the page for Omnipotence, and thus whoever had it just gets dropped down to normal.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    So I see this became a thing.

Hi. I'm Snowfire, you're friendly neighborhood Overdeity. I hear you want to try and beat me up. That's kinda hurtful y'know, but considering I'm Immortal and Immutable, I guess I'm up for letting you try.

So come at me bro
    Can't say much for the long game, but you're pretty much beatable with a net.

Mmm... okay, if you aren't moving appreciably, you're beatable with a net. Having the ability to survive things isn't the same as having the power to do things. I've played this guy (less the juggernaut walk part). It's actually rather fun.

Not that I'm up for it, mind you.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    This beats omnipotence, actually. Why? You can blank the page for Omnipotence, and thus whoever had it just gets dropped down to normal.
    Not really. Mainly due to power immunity, which makes my powers immune to manipulation by anyone and anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Rat View Post
    Can't say much for the long game, but you're pretty much beatable with a net.

Mmm... okay, if you aren't moving appreciably, you're beatable with a net. Having the ability to survive things isn't the same as having the power to do things. I've played this guy (less the juggernaut walk part). It's actually rather fun.

Not that I'm up for it, mind you.
    My dear, dear, fellow, you obviously have not read things fully. I'm Omnipotent - those two powers are just subsets of it. You catch me in a net - assuming you could - and your net ceases to exist. Actually, the concept of nets ceases to exist. But hey, you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I got Reality-Altering Powers. Which apparently technically means I'm also Omnipotent, but for these purposes, we'll ignore that for the moment, since the point of this isn't really to prove that two Overdeities can probably figure out a way around each other's defenses.

I have Omnilock, so I step outside all realities, including the one you exist in, meaning I can't be directly observed or affected by you. You can surmise my existence from suffiecent evidence, if I slip up, but that's about it; as soon as you enter the non-space I'm in to try to get at me, it becomes a reality, and I vanish from it.

I then use Nonexistence on any romantic love and/or attraction any significant other you might have feels for you, and on the concept that they might do so.

Then I use Reality Warping to make it so that a thing can both exist and not exist at the same time outside of thought experiments, Nonexistence to erase the concept that it was ever not that way, and Creation to make an empath who is blissfully unaware that they contain such a substance (which, theoretically, you and your powers will also be unaware of, since it counts as not existing), and attracted to you, then place them where they'll be set up so that it should be reasonably easy for them to use their knowledge of your emotions to get into a relationship with you, and use Nonexistence on the concept of their not having existed prior to when I created them, as well as that of their not having been born normally and lived a reasonably normal life.

Should that work and you become reasonably intimate with them, some the non-but-also-not-non-existent substance should get into your body, where it bonds to you and becomes recognized as a part of yourself since even as it's doing that, it doesn't exist, and thus doesn't count as a change, at which time I use Reality Warping again, to remove the first substance from the empath I made, and replace it with another, which, when it combines with the first, is an incredibly lethal toxin, which, presumably, will be counted as part of your body's normal function, since the first half of the toxin is now being counted as part of you, and has as its purpose bonding with the second half.
    At which point you run into the fact that I'm flat out immune to toxins (Absolute Immortality), knew what you were doing as you were doing it due to existing everywhere and knowing about everything in existence and non-existence (Omniscience, Omnipresence, Omnilock), and that everything you did actually never happened (Absolute Restoration). And none of this can be altered in any way (Universal Irreversibility).

Next
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-01 at 08:06 AM.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

I got Truth Manipulation. Score! Sounds like that's a slightly complicated version of what is effectively reality-manipulation and omnipotence. Kind of like I'm the DM of the multi-verse. I'm happy with this outcome.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

I BRING BALANCE TO THIS THREAD.

For I am one and none, many and few, light and dark, power and weakness and until there are people capable of nothing I decree omnipotence shall be brought into balance with the universe.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    I BRING BALANCE TO THIS THREAD.

For I am one and none, many and few, light and dark, power and weakness and until there are people capable of nothing I decree omnipotence shall be brought into balance with the universe.
    Have fun with that.

Destruction
    Show

<struck dumb>

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Have fun with that.

Destruction
    I am everything and nothing, destruction and creation, life and death. Not existing is but a minor hurdle for I never existed and always will exist.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

I am everything and nothing, destruction and creation, life and death. Not existing is but a minor hurdle for I never existed and always will exist.
    Heh. Really?

I think not, little one.
    Show

<struck dumb>

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kire View Post
    I got Truth Manipulation. Score! Sounds like that's a slightly complicated version of what is effectively reality-manipulation and omnipotence. Kind of like I'm the DM of the multi-verse. I'm happy with this outcome.
    Uh...well...um....guys?

I got this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    *cough*

Try to get past Snowfire or I, whichever works. Preferably Snowfire, since that's what everyone else seems to be doing.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-11-01 at 06:29 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

*cough*

Try to get past Snowfire or I, whichever works. Preferably Snowfire, since that's what everyone else seems to be doing.
    Well, considering if we interpret this in certain manners, you're technically more powerful - but only so long as you stay outside of my existence (which is actually possible considering author power and suchlike).

I'm more than willing to say that Meta Story Manipulation would be a match for Omnipotence. I don't think either of us could beat the other, but in all honesty, why would we want to
    Show

<struck dumb>

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

To be honest, I'd probably not do much with it, other then setting up a reincarnation thing for myself. But yeah, I'm pretty sure we're about equal, since ultimate power over the story (when the story is the world) is as powerful as ultimate power over the world.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-11-01 at 06:43 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

To be honest, I'd probably not do much with it, other then setting up a reincarnation thing for myself. But yeah, I'm pretty sure we're about equal, since ultimate power over the story (when the story is the world) is as powerful as ultimate power over the world.
    Likewise - as a reincarnation cycle would probably mean the inevitable madness of immortality would take a whole lot longer to come about. Might play about with some of the powers at my disposal, y'know, cause I could. But, when I really think about it...even a fraction of Omnipotence is far more than enough for me.

Probably would impose some sort of limiting system on myself, run by a fragment of my mind, that would keep me safe - mainly through use of reality restoration following any attempts to harm me.

Probably would lead charmed lives, simply due to the effect of being...well...a latent Overgod, but wouldn't take the powers out of the box unless I really had to. At which point whatever caused me to do so would end up dead, destroyed, erased from existence, and with all actions made by them reverted as if they had never been.
    Show

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Really?

I think not, little one.
    And from that balance shall rise again.

This ability grants infinite power and can adapt to any thing.
    But I'll make you a deal. When someone gets this power one omnipotent being will be granted it's full power back to create balance.

I am not against omnipotence, I am against omnipotence without a corresponding powerlessness to *ahem* balance the scales.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-11-01 at 07:42 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

And from that balance shall rise again.

But I'll make you a deal. When someone gets this power one omnipotent being will be granted it's full power back to create balance.
    Sorry, no. I erased the concept of balance (and the superpower based off of it) from existence. Was nice while it lasted though. Now to go back to be pretending to be mortal
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-01 at 07:42 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, no. I erased the concept of balance (and the superpower based off of it) from existence. Was nice while it lasted though. Now to go back to be pretending to be mortal
    There are still opposites, things that are of equal scale and things of different scales and so I exist.

Edit: Just looking through the wiki there are way to many powers that grant omnipotence. Including mine. In fact there are so many that in the end all the omnipotent being will have to have their fun trying to mess with each other and never really getting anywhere while at the same time succeeding since ya know omnipotency.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-11-01 at 07:48 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled