Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: WotW: Call forth Darkness OOC

I'm debating on whether I should come or not. It would be somewhat hard for them to backstab me if they don't know me (although if they backstabbed* us as a whole, I'd be affected)

*Is that a word?
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kydrak would quite like to come. Although he has no interest in the baron he would like to see how we are coming along. Also, I can cast Eagle's spleandour for any charisma rolls.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thattaman View Post
    Kydrak would quite like to come. Although he has no interest in the baron he would like to see how we are coming along. Also, I can cast Eagle's spleandour for any charisma rolls.
    Well....I think there might be perception rolls required then. As I'm unsure if Ilvaria will want to bring the arrogant, stupid, half-elf along (her opinion on him, no offence)
    Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

I won. Not sure what though.

Overwhelming emotion count (now with additional awe): 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>
    Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheGeek View Post
    I also look forward to playing with you, especially Snowfire, who I've played with before and is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #784

He's not exactly stupid, just unwise.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

He's not exactly stupid, just unwise.
    Unwise, stupid, same difference to a drow
    Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>
    I also look forward to playing with you, especially Snowfire, who I've played with before and is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #786

Kydrak lives in the comfort that when Ilvaria dies for good, then she will make a pretty good head on a spike, or maybe her skin could be made a blanket. I'll post how Kydrak meets his brother: Caldrel.

Caldrel Seldon
    Male LE Half-elf Antipaladin, Level 5, Init +5, HP 43/43, Speed 20ft.
    AC 26, Touch 12, Flat-footed 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Longsword +10 (1d8+4, 18-20/x2)
    +1 Full Plate Armour, +1 Heavy Steel Sheild (+11 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 15
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2012-11-01 at 03:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

OK. Two things.

First, I restate my objection to that alignment. You cannot have a Chaotic Evil paladin of a Lawful Evil god. One of the rules for this adventure path, which admittedly hasn't come up before, is that there is no requirement for an Anti-Paladin to be CHAOTIC Evil.

Secondly, I did mention via PM that you'd get your new cohort either when you leveled up again, or when plot brought in a new option. So, you know, not yet.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Kharal Zhou, Fire Aspect of Lookshy:

Image and avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

Taskforce Dragon: IC, OoC

8. - Top - End - #788

OK, I'll change him to being LE instead. Also, I didn't get a single thing done with my other cohort, he died before he even got to move in combat, actuallyI was still in the process of making him when he got paralyzed, so he barely even counted as a character. He never even spoke to anyone other than Kydrak and in battle all he did was stand there. I think it would be fair to have Caldrel now, due to the fact that he's practically my first cohort who will do something other than die straight away in the first combat.

9. - Top - End - #789

SwashbucklerGuy

For my cohort action for the week Reyna will handle guard duty.

@Maugan - It took my a while to find those rules for the organization. Could you either add them to the 1st OOC post, or link to it there?

I don't think I need to roll for my mundane gun-creation tasks due to Gunsmithing feat. Let me know if I'm wrong.
    • Keg of Black Powder (100 gp)
    • Bullets x60 (6 gp)
    • Alchemical paper cartridges x10 (60 gp)
    • Masterwork Double-barreled Arcane Musket (1,250 gp)

Spellcraft roll for Vest of Resistance +2 (cost 2,000gp) includes +5 for Crafter's Fortune.
    (1d20+20)[22]

10. - Top - End - #790

SwashbucklerGuy

I vote for our first summoning being the Mud Men.

11. - Top - End - #791

Mud men sounds fine with me, I've been thinking about how to use the Illusory walls. Covering over traps and such is the obvious way, but they could also be used to cover over ambush points. The only downside to that plan is that Quint would be the only one who could see through the walls to initiate the ambush, everyone else would have to guess where they want to aim at. Thoughts?

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

12. - Top - End - #792

As much as blind fireball slinging sounds fun, I think that would handicap us more than help us.

13. - Top - End - #793

MindFlayer

Hal is totally in support of Quint filling the lower levels with illusory walls. Concealing doors, hallways, and generally everything is fine for us since every member can cast detect magic/thoughts. If our characters learn the locations of the walls (with our high int I think its possible) we can use the walls as either ambush points to ready our casting behing before 5ft stepping out to blast opponents.

Mudmen would be ok. Hal is all about the nightmares though. Really, let's just summon everything, they're all better than the skeletons. My feeling on undead is that bigger is better. If Hal can find large creatures to guard our halls perfect. Skeletons with shortswords are useless for anything besides slowing our enemies down, but archers are always better at that. It wouldn't be that hard to construct fortified redoubts on the pathway up and fill them with archers. Undead archers means we can leave them with only arrowslits and not have to worry about a door. We can stoneshape them in hard to reach locations (like next to the balcony) to make it so invaders either suffer a continuous hail of arrows or have to waste their offensive power breaking our minions.

Since Hal wants guardians, he'll ask that one of the organisations actions in the first two weeks be Hunt Beasts. If the boggards count as part of the organization he'll ask them to do it. Hal and Van will lead the expedition to lend bonuses (or just sufficient spellcasting to capture andy cr4 beast by themselves). What creatures does the action let us get?

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

I am calling two Legitimate Business actions if possible for setting up Ye Olde Adventurer's Shoppe (not actual name) in Farholde. Also, I will have something regarding "Going to Farholde" up after sleep. Sorry about the delay.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-11-01 at 07:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

15. - Top - End - #795

SwashbucklerGuy

Do we have any communication method to reach out Elise/Baron? I would like to send the request for dinner.

Victor is interested in cementing a relationship of "classy subterfuge".

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Do we have any communication method to reach out Elise/Baron? I would like to send the request for dinner.

Victor is interested in cementing a relationship of "classy subterfuge".
    Right with you there, pal Honest, pal, this really isn't a ritual dagger I'm holding

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

17. - Top - End - #797

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    I am calling two Legitimate Business actions if possible for setting up Ye Olde Adventurer's Shoppe (not actual name) in Farholde. Also, I will have something regarding "Going to Farholde" up after sleep. Sorry about the delay.
    With 8 actions, how about 4 to legitimate and 4 to gathering information? The boggards probably shouldn't try to help with our legitimate business ventures so I hope you don't mind if Hal uses them as planned.

I like the adventuring shop idea. It gives us a good cover to order supplies en masse, or weird specialty items we might need. Can we say that the two of you in Farholde are in charge of getting us 12 war hounds and 6 heavy horses? More if cohorts can be part of the ritual.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right with you there, pal Honest, pal, this really isn't a ritual dagger I'm holding
    I'm in too. As I said, I need to get to know our allies in Farholde.
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #799

I agree, we should arrange some kind of dinner party, with all of us. Kydrak won't be too rude, I promise. A shop idea sounds pretty fun, it would be obvious why we're in Farholde. If only we had an enchanter with us, then we could charm people into giving us more money, or if they see something they shouldn't. But what would we sell there? We don't have a load of mundane equipment that common people would really like.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, we should arrange some kind of dinner party, with all of us. Kydrak won't be too rude, I promise. A shop idea sounds pretty fun, it would be obvious why we're in Farholde. If only we had an enchanter with us, then we could charm people into giving us more money, or if they see something they shouldn't. But what would we sell there? We don't have a load of mundane equipment that common people would really like.
    I disagree. We need to leave at least a few people at the Horn.

As for what we'll sell? We don't need to specify. It gets covered under the Legitimate Business action

And I'd say two/three Gather Information actions and the same number of Legitimate Business actions. The rest we can use for whatever. Like maybe concealing our network.

For dinner party, I'd say a maximum of three PCs and their cohorts - if they have them - to prevent too much attention being drawn. I know Hal doesn't want to go due to his last...interaction with Elsie and the Baron, and I would argue that the new recruits get priority here - due to needing to get to know their associates.

My personal preference is Victor, Ilvaria and Kin. Victor and Ilvaria for basically coming up with the idea, and Kin because he needs to get to know the other resources we can draw upon. Post will be up this afternoon.

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, you get a 'Boggard' action each week as well. I can set those towards hunting down various jungle beasts, and put your minion actions towards Gather Information and Legitimate Business.

Then we'll have this lovely interaction with the Baron and Elise. Oh, and I'll put up the rituals as well, seeing as everyone seems cool with performing those. Summoned beasts for everyone!
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, actions...

Minion network:
    Lay Low x1 (Quint/Il'Tara, if up for it, aiding)
    Training (Connections) x1 (Possibly Kydary aiding)
    Training (Espionage) x1 (Il'Tara/Reyna aiding)
    Gather Information x2 (Mira aiding)
    Legitimate Business x2 (Mira aiding)
    Guard Duty x1

Boggards:

Hunt Beasts x1 (Hal & Van aiding)

That seem ok for everyone?

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

23. - Top - End - #803
    Dwarf in the Playground

My personal preference is Victor, Ilvaria and Kin. Victor and Ilvaria for basically coming up with the idea, and Kin because he needs to get to know the other resources we can draw upon. Post will be up this afternoon.
    Yay, I'm wanted.

Ok, actions...

Minion network:
    Guard Duty x1

Boggards:

And then us three at the Baron's for dinner. If we have time, Kin will assist with Legitimate Business, because I am amused by the idea of him pretending to be a shopkeeper.

On that note, Maugan Ra, I was wondering whether I could switch all my skill points in bluff to diplomacy, as he's never bluffed before but he's been very diplomatic at times (successfully as well, despite his +0 modifier) and it really would make sense. It's a net loss for me, as bluff is a class skill while diplomacy is not and we don't tend to roll for social interaction that much but it annoys me to know that my character sheet doesn't quite reflect the character I'm playing.

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804

MindFlayer

Minion network:
    Guard Duty x1

Boggards:
    My only suggestions would be for no guard duty, and more training. Hal is against even our puppets knowing our purpose. No reason for them to know we're the reason for the light in the sky (we just imply it mysteriously). If Mira is going to be staying with them, I would suggest she train loyalty too. If we're gathering information, can we find out if there are any undead in the area?

Oh, and two weeks for two boggard hunting trips. What would these jungle beasts be?

Y'know, it wouldn't be too hard to sell poison to adventurers going to the Horn as potions of cure X wounds with a magical aura attached.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
    Y'know, it wouldn't be too hard to sell poison to adventurers going to the Horn as potions of cure X wounds with a magical aura attached.
    But if anything goes wrong, it would likely be traced back to our shop. It's hardly under the shield of 'legitimate business' as well

Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, actions...

Minion network:
    Guard Duty x1

Boggards:

Training and laying low are used for increasing your Organisation's stats to a maximum of +0. They're more for undoing losses and unwanted exposure than just upgrading your forces.

Also, a character can only aid one action a week, and if they're doing that, they're unavailable for the rest of the week as well. I'll put down the mix of legitimate business and gather information checks for this period.

Hunting rolls:
    (1d20)[2] for (1d10)[8]
    (1d20)[11] for (1d10)[7]

Legitimate business rolls:
    (1d20+2)[3] for (1d4-1)[1]
    (1d20+2)[18] for (1d4-1)[3]
    (1d20+2)[22] for (1d4-1)[3]
    (1d20+2)[18] for (1d4-1)[2]
    (I'm mentally adding on individual bonuses where necessary, to speed things up)

Gather Information rolls:
    (These, I'll mostly just assume gather decent numbers of results from the rumors table. For future reference, the action can also be used to answer specific questions)

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudsmeet View Post
    But if anything goes wrong, it would likely be traced back to our shop. It's hardly under the shield of 'legitimate business' as well
    Yeah, I agree with this. We'll sell legitimate gear. Sabotage will be something that we can - maybe - expand into later.

As for Guard duty, you have a point there - but encounters do not necessarily have to be made up of living beings...

However, with what Maugan has clarified there, that gives us six extra actions to work with. Considering dinner party plan thing, I think Ilvaria will pose as a full noble with Mira as the on-the-ground senior. So Ilvaria can help a little with those Gather Information rolls (as she'll be spending most of the first week in Farholde under disguise putting together the beginnings of the adventurer's supply outpost - really need to work out a name). She'll be focusing the organisation on locating any other underground networks within the settlement and discovering their basic goals.

Dinner party prep post in-progress.

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

Your legitimate business manages to gain you 560 gold pieces worth of profit over the two weeks, and increases your minions connections score to a total of +3.

The Boggards manage to capture a giant Scorpion, which they presently have chained up in the caves.

Rumors gathered:
    - General sentiment about the town is that with Lord Welshire having gone off to war, and taking most of the garrison with him, Farholde is defenseless.

- Baron Vandermir is generally seen as a wonderful and generous person who takes care of the orphans. A pity that so many of them seem to repay his generosity by becoming thugs and general menaces to society...

- The Sisters of Saint Synthia-Celestile, a local order of Mitran nuns, are well thought of in town, and maintain an Abbey there. Interestingly, one of their most famous relics is the weapon of a powerful devil slain by their founder, presently displayed in silver chains in the Abbey's main hall.

- Rumour has it that the flash of green light from the Horn has attracted official scrutiny from the Church of Mitra. Lord Valin Darian has apparently sent for an Inquisitor...

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm...

Ok, so should we choose other actions to take the place of the Training ones? Or did you do that for us?

That aside, this....could be good. I always wanted a pet Inquisitor

I'm thinking that I'm going to float the idea of brutally murdering the current commander of the Garrison at the dinner party, just to see reactions from our allies. Better yet, sow dissension and heresy in what's left of his command to the point that the Inquisitor executes him for corruption (unlikely, I know, but could be fun).

Getting a fanatical church system to do our dirty work for us is always fun (is the Mitran church that fanatical in places?)

Spoiler
    Show

<struck dumb>

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

The current commander of the Garrison, Sir Victor Darian, is the required third sacrifice for the ritual due to his blood connection with the king that originally banished Vetra Kali. So you're already intending to brutally murder him, just in a specific way...

The Mitran church can be very fanatical. Mitra has three aspects: The Shining Lord, the Beneficent Sun and the Fire Undying. In his first aspect, he is glorious and inspiring, and is primarily worshipped by soldiers and heroes of all stripes. In his second aspect, he is nourishing and healing, and is worshipped by healers and charitable folks.

In his aspect as the Fire Undying, he is harsh and merciless towards the forces of evil, burning them to ash. This is the aspect favoured by Inquisitors and other fanatics.

And yes, I did chose other actions for you. I'll generally do that, since it keeps the game running smoothly.