Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WotW: Call forth Darkness OOC

...no, no you didn't. Because they decided that running away was a more sensible option than confronting the sadistic stranger with a sword.

Seriously, you openly told them you were possibly intending on torturing one of them in front of the Baron, and that you'd enjoy it. Why would they have stuck around to serve you in the wake of that?
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Kharal Zhou, Fire Aspect of Lookshy:

Image and avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

Taskforce Dragon: IC, OoC

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm seeing no minions, also fairly sure he could've got himself out of it

Also also, not sure telling people you're going to torture them is the best way to persuade them to come with you.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Thattaman, I did not need saving and you in fact ruined my shot to get my minion... colour spray would have taken out most of them so thanks for interferring
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Please keep disagreements based around IC actions to the in-character thread. Establishing rivalries and dislike between characters is fine, I would rather not have it spill over into the OOC stuff.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

5. - Top - End - #65

You're welcome, Lord Kydrak strikes again. You'll think twice before insulting my heritage. The thugs would be weak minions anyway and we don't need them

I'm sorry if you had some kind of master plan, but Kydrak isn't exactly the best at negotiating, so he thought that he would just scare them off before they went for his coin purse. He does ultimately respect his companions, but he does find it quite amusing to scare off a load of orphans. I'm sure you'd have done the same if it looked like I was doing something that could benefit me.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thattaman View Post
    You're welcome, Lord Kydrak strikes again. You'll think twice before insulting my heritage. The thugs would be weak minions anyway and we don't need them

I'm sorry if you had some kind of master plan, but Kydrak isn't exactly the best at negotiating, so he thought that he would just scare them off before they went for his coin purse. He does ultimately respect his companions, but he does find it quite amusing to scare off a load of orphans. I'm sure you'd have done the same if it looked like I was doing something that could benefit me.
    What ever, as for the minion part I would have made a damn strong undead minion from one of them which was what I was going for... if that's what you're going to do whenever someone tries to do something your character will end up dead rather quick since you are violating the pact...
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

7. - Top - End - #67

Quint is business before slightly after pleasure

Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

8. - Top - End - #68

Ok, sorry I messed up your idea, let's just forget about it OOC and ypu.can have some kind of revenge IC. I've got quite a good weakness coming up which you can endlessly mock, so you can mock me then.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, sorry I messed up your idea, let's just forget about it OOC and ypu.can have some kind of revenge IC. I've got quite a good weakness coming up which you can endlessly mock, so you can mock me then.
    Oh no, it's fine, I am not mad or anything. I was merely commenting if your character was going to sabbotage his companions plans so they wouldn't gain advantage then you would be disrupting the cult of Asmodeus' plans thus violating the pact. As far as IC revenge, the dead can wait, he will merely store it and won't take action unless it happens again...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

10. - Top - End - #70

Kydrak does ultimately respect all of you, even the elf, but he just thought that he would try to chip in and either get minions for himself or get nothing.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

And... Thus do you learn that Baron Vandermir doesn't just have thugs in his employ. The orphan naturally went and tattled on you immediately to the nearest of the Baron's household soldiers.

I dislike forcing anything on players, but I think I'll move you on to the meeting with the Baron shortly. Before someone gets themselves arrested or murdered.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Right, there we go. Slight bit of DM-fiat to get you all to the meeting, but it is quite an important event. The Baron could make for a useful ally.

Though since you checked Aiden Kel's room and found the map, technically you don't need him. You know where the Horn is, now. This is your chance to persuade the Baron, one way or another, to help you and thus make certain later events easier. Roleplay, go!

13. - Top - End - #73

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm not one of our best "faces", so I'm gonna hang back from the conversation and stare down the guards a bit.

Something we might want to sync up on... What exactly do we WANT from this guy, now that we know where the Horn is?

I'd like to see what he knows about it, as I'd like to go in as not-blind as possible. Maybe he has some old texts. Hell, if he's as reformed as he's playing, he probably wouldn't even want them any more. Library, woot!

I sure wouldn't mind seeing if we could get him to give us some cash to just go away. I'm kinda broke at this point...

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Well all I have ranks in is intimidate and bluff... not going to do very well here right now and all I want is one of his more sturdy/experienced guardsmen as a 'bodyguard' so I can murder him and thus create a proper minion. I do have a question for our DM: Does the necrothurge feat entitle me to a free spell slot everytime I kill anything -3 CR below me or does it only allow me to swap out one of my existing spells for a necrothurge spell? Personally I am interpretting it as the latter since the other way seems rather... strong. Just thought I'd ask though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

15. - Top - End - #75

SwashbucklerGuy

Huh... looking through our character sheets, we really don't have a "face" in this party do we? This should be interesting. Well in that case, here goes!

16. - Top - End - #76

SwashbucklerGuy

Huh... looking through our character sheets, we really don't have a "face" in this party do we? This should be interesting. Well in that case, here goes!

17. - Top - End - #77

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh, and before we go to the Baron's I cast Mage Armor on myself, so that'll be good for 4 hours.

Spell Remaining
    Spoiler
    Show

1st Level
    Mage Armor
    Grease
    Burning Hands
    Abundant Ammunition

2nd Level
    Knock
    Scorching Ray
    Gust of Wind

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Morbis - We'll go with it allowing you to swap out spells, I think.

In terms of what you want from him, well, breaking a holy seal and summoning a daemon prince back to the material world isn't an easy or quick task. An alliance with the Baron would be a good way to get a base of operations, financial support, access to rare items, minions by proxy... All that good stuff.

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

Good point! Oh, and nicely done, turning our expectations on our ear!

So I say we aim for his support and cooperation!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick bit of history about Talingarde. Eighty years ago, a civil war was fought between House Barca, then the royal family, and House Darius. The Darians were victorious, despite long odds against them, and credited their victory to the blessings of the Sun God, Mitra, who they had taken as their patron.

The Darians were mostly magnanimous in victory, sparing the allies of the defeated Barcans so long as they pledged allegiance to House Darius and ceased their worship of Asmodeus, who had been the patron god of House Barca. Ankov Vandermir was a young man then, and he complied with the demands, at least visibly.

For a few years after that, Asmodeus worship was still permitted, it was just removed from its position as state religion and fell out of favor. Then came the reign of Markadian II the Zealous, who instigated a massive witch hunt and did everything he could to stamp out the devil-worshippers. He was, by and large, successful, and it was the Inquisition he left behind that kept most people from taking up the practice again out of fear. Worship of Mitra has since risen to eclipse pretty much anything else in the realm, and Asmodeus is referred to only as 'The enemy'. Usually.

Just a bit of flavor...

21. - Top - End - #81

Schtein can use his intimidate and bluff for persuassion, so I cast eagle's spleandour on him. Just warn him about Asmodeus's wrath and use your now plussed Charisma.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

...dear god creepy necromancer has to be creepy! THE PRESSURE!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

23. - Top - End - #83

He seems pretty non-plussed by Asmodeus' wrath to be honest, I'm thinking that's not the best path to take.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Alternately, he doesn't believe that Asmodeus is likely to smite him for not assisting you. After all, if he had a gold piece for every time someone assured him that they were personally on a mission from the Dread Father...

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Well to be honest there seems like no likely option into persuading him then, intimidate won't work due to him being in his home, surrounded by guards. Bluff isn't very likely to work for long if it does, since we are so incredibly limited in our skills (and no one took diplomacy...) this is really a moot point. I say leave him, get the disease use it on his house hold first then laugh at his face as he lays dying in agony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

26. - Top - End - #86

Or we could kill him and use our iron circlets to become him.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Or we could kill him and use our iron circlets to become him.
    True but I noticed he has a grudge against the royals so I will try to play that to our advantage. As for bluffing/threatening, it isn't Schteins style to do that against fellow Barons especially hospitable ones.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

28. - Top - End - #88

Thing is, we don't need to lie at this point. It's in his best interests to not be killed by the plague, he's well placed to take advantage of the fall out and he gets a bit of revenge. It's all good so long as we can make him see that.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

I think we may have him soon.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

We should offer him a hug and a cookie... that would win almost anyone over instantly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard