Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WotW: Call forth Darkness OOC

Ah, an interesting idea. Yes, you can, since the balcony region is certainly within your range limit. And there's no anti-scrying magic effect in place. Would you like to use the spell?
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Kharal Zhou, Fire Aspect of Lookshy:

Image and avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

Taskforce Dragon: IC, OoC

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

(Summon post...)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I would. I'll have to use up Lightning Bolt to do so, but hopefully it'll be worth it. (Yay spontaneous divination!)

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

4. - Top - End - #184

Dismiss Forum Goblins!

Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

I think it was worth it, gave us an idea out what we were walking into and knowing there are some magical beasties there is also helpful.
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

6. - Top - End - #186

Agreed, and unless anybodies confident we can take them on as we are currently, it may even be worth waiting until we can re-prepare spells. As a side note, that's all my clairvoying done for the day.

Show

7. - Top - End - #187

SwashbucklerGuy

Do we perhaps want to try going in the front door and see what we see? I don't think we have a good way to get all of us up to that balcony anyways.

8. - Top - End - #188

Exploring the rest of the place is also a good idea, it would be better if we could save spells rather than using up a set of Fly spells.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed wasting fly spells would be wasting a spell slot (though i do have it prepared but I have the ability to swap it out for one of my necrothurge spells) I say we try to clear out the bottom of the temple then chill with the boggards for a while.
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Rather than stretch things out, I assumed you'd explore most of the level. Since there are no encounters on this particular floor, it was easy enough. A proper map will likely be put up once I have the time to sit down at a computer and do it.

11. - Top - End - #191

SwashbucklerGuy

@Morbis - Dude, Schtein is all about kicking my puppy today, isn't he!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    @Morbis - Dude, Schtein is all about kicking my puppy today, isn't he!
    Sorry man... Schtein is more of a no nonsense type guy despite his frivolous demeanor, he will follow orders to a T. He was remorseful to say it though since he does agree that it is a wonderful little place but hey being minions and having missions to accomplish leaves little play time As for your puppy... if he kills it he can make it a cute undead puppy for you!!!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-08-27 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Puppies have no place on the Way of the Wicked!

And despite what Schtein believes, you may well be here for some time. That's an artifact sealing the shrine, after all, and such things are not easy to bypass or destroy...

Anyway. Now, anyone want to study any of the individual areas with more detail, or would you like to head on up to the second floor?

(And on a side note... While I'm assuming you're looking for traps, I'm not testing for secret doors and the like unless you deliberately say you look for them)

14. - Top - End - #194

SwashbucklerGuy

I think your rule for traps vs secret doors is fair for now. We're doing a first pass. I say we progress to the second floor, but if people feel like resting, Victor will totally start trying to sort through the notes in the Golem room.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quint still has most of his spells prepped and ready, so I say we press on for a little longer. On an unrelated note, I'm moving back down to uni today and into a new house in the process, my internet access is likely to be shaky at best for the next week or so. I'll make the effort to get on at least once per day for the week. However, I will then have a field trip for 10 days starting next week monday. I'm not expecting to have any internet access during that time. It should be business as usual following that though. I'm happy to let somebody else control Quint during that time.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2012-08-28 at 02:22 AM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

I am fine with continuing on, Schtein has most of his spells and all of his body guards, with the ability to make more if need be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah. I apologise, but it seems I was reading the map of the Horn incorrectly. It was designed as a fortress at least as much as a place of unholy worship, and thus there is no ordinary staircase that leads between the first and second floors. To move from one to the other, you need to walk outside, go right the way down to the ground, and then back up the staircase to the relevant entrance.

Well, there are ways of moving around inside the Horn, but you haven't been looking in the right places or properly discovered them yet. Secrets and all that.

Anyway, incoming post...

18. - Top - End - #198

SwashbucklerGuy

Awww, Schtein isn't such a bad guy after all!

@Kydrak *bro-fist*
    Last edited by Razorstorm; 2012-08-28 at 02:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Awww, Schtein isn't such a bad guy after all!

@Kydrak *bro-fist*
    Well he is a necromancer and thus specializes in demoralizing/debuffinf so he can be a debbie downer though it will be a fight to determine who gains control over the golem...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

20. - Top - End - #200

Kydrak totally wants this gollem. A being that will follow all his commands and isn't completely weak. I have a feeling me and Schtein might have a small rivalry. We have very different idea of what being evil really means. I also second the inventive torture, Kydrak likes prolonged torture. (He once tortured his father for 2 hours, mainly for his own enjoyment. )

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thattaman View Post
    Kydrak totally wants this gollem. A being that will follow all his commands and isn't completely weak. I have a feeling me and Schtein might have a small rivalry. We have very different idea of what being evil really means. I also second the inventive torture, Kydrak likes prolonged torture. (He once tortured his father for 2 hours, mainly for his own enjoyment. )
    Hey may want the Golem but there are other wizards who would stake claim to this construct, heck schtein may even contest for it (IC not seriously though due to his own minions). Schtein prefers psychological torture opposed to physicals since watching someone break is extremely entertaining and destroying the body means destroying potential minions.... though this golem could be a breaking point in the party and at the moment Schtein is in position to take it by force if need be but he would probably only prevent Kydrak from taking possession to get even from previous interactions... I would vote that Razor storm gets it he is the gun mage and guns and robots just go so well together!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

22. - Top - End - #202

If you stopped me by force, then you'd be breaking the Pact of Thorns, and may Asmodeus give you mercy. Anyway, Kydrak will claim rights to the gollem, but will not be willing to use force to get it.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I direct you gentlemen to the Third Loyalty - spoils, such as the Golem, are to be split between those who aided in it's acquisition. In this instance, acquiring the golem would likely constitute repairing it, for which you would need Craft (Alchemy) in all likelihood. It's an Alchemical golem, which means it can shoot exploding bombs from its hands.

That said, if any of you can manage to repair the golem by yourselves and take sole possession of it (the thing is intelligent enough to recognize either one master or a group of them equally), it is likely a very useful minion. If nothing else, Golems are totally immune to magic.

Anyway, anyone got anything they want to do on this floor? You can't find any way up to the third floor, save from going back to the entrance and quite literally climbing up there. Now might be the sort of time to make more thorough searches of interesting areas. Or investigate the sounds of movement coming from within the acolyte dormitory areas.

Also, maps will be incoming, but as I cannot bloody well do them easily on my pad, they will wait until I have access to an actual computer.

24. - Top - End - #204

SwashbucklerGuy

Well this is embarrassing! I thought I had learned Detect Secret Doors, but apparently not... Anyone got it in their spellbook? If not, mundane search, here I come!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, there's always the old fall-backs of detect magic and the like, which are useful for searching places. Certainly there's more than a few interesting effects in the Horn.

Also, yes, oozes in the dormitories. You could probably seal them away and/or ignore them, but that might not be a viable solution for the long term. Beyond that, the statue is a petrified man and one of the pillars is hollow.

26. - Top - End - #206

SwashbucklerGuy

I think we should deal with the oozes before they do any further damage. We should make this area as safe as possible as soon as possible.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thattaman View Post
    If you stopped me by force, then you'd be breaking the Pact of Thorns, and may Asmodeus give you mercy. Anyway, Kydrak will claim rights to the gollem, but will not be willing to use force to get it.
    He can claim all he wants doesn't mean he will get it and Schtein will help in repairing the thing. Also I wouldn;t be violating the pact I would be actively be gaining power thus fine and as for force, intimidation would work wonders in this instance since you would be gravely outnumbered 4-1 but like the DM said if we all help build it then it will recognize ALL of us as its masters. A fair trade off IMO because having a minion immune to magic in an all wizard campaign is really unfair for a single person.

Edit: You in fact would be violating the pact by staking claim to something that would be considered loot and Schtein would only prevent you from hogging something you have no right to hog thus upholding the pact while Kydrak violates it
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-08-28 at 11:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

28. - Top - End - #208

Detect Secret Doors is Divination, right?

I'll be able to handle that then. Do we want to sweep the whole place first before going over with finetooth combs? Doing that would help avoid any nasty surprises. Also, I think Oozes first may be the best idea. Unfortunately, I'm not really prepared to be dealing with them with anything short of a magic missile wand at this point.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2012-08-29 at 04:05 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

I don't want to start yet another argument with Morbis Meh. Kydrak was just a bit ambitious about this golem and thought that Schtein was being overly dismissive. I also don't have detect secret doors.

30. - Top - End - #210

With the archetype I'm using, I can convert spells of the same level to divination. That's basically how I did the whole clairvoying stuff. So detecting secret stuff isn't a problem. Just be aware that the more I do that, the less use I'll be in fights. I've already burned up the only major offensive spell I had ready for today.

Show