New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

Act One: Farholde

It has been a long and bloody year. The fair nation of Talingarde, beacon of goodness and light, is under assault. A mighty horde of Bugbears, ogres and other assorted monsters has invaded from the frigid North, united under the leadership of Sakkarot Fire-Axe. The villages of Ambryl and Tarrington Fields lie sacked, and the fortress of Lorrinsgate lies in ruins. Even now, bands of roving monsters scour the land, bringing misery and death to all they find. Talingarde has been caught utterly unprepared, their defences found woefully lacking.

For generations, the northern Watch Wall has held back the scourge of the wild, its garrison forts manned by the very cream of the Talirean soldiery and watched over by Paladins and clerics of the Sun God, Mitra. It would have held them back for generations more, had it not been betrayed from within. The fortress of Balentyne, lynchpin of the Wall, was infiltrated and subverted by agents of the devil god, Asmodeus, acting under orders from the renegade Cardinal Adrastus Thorn. In other words, by you.

You infiltrated Balyntine, murdered its commander, demoralised the garrison and threw open the gates to the Bugbear horde outside. The soldiers within never stood a chance, and even as the watch-fort burned behind you, you disappeared into the shadows, ready for your next task.

It seems that task shall soon be delivered to you. Tiadora, a proud and cold woman subordinate only to Thorn himself, has regrouped with you aboard "The Folly", a fat-bottomed river barge that plys the waterways of Talingarde, currently bound for a frontier town named Farholde. The dozen or so crew take no notice of you as they move about their duties - indeed, they look right past you without seeing you at all, their senses evidently clouded by some spell.

Tiadora emerges onto the deck of the ship, her dark red dress rippling in the morning breeze, and gestures to the cabin behind her. "The master is here, and he commands that you attend him." she says grimly.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

Lord Kydrak is a strange person, a half-elf with an undyeing hatred for all things elven. He loves to change his shape for the better and he enjoys murder (especially elves) and dresses and thinks of himslef as a noble. In the infiltation he liked to pretend to be guards and captains and killed people with the longsword that he keeps in a scabbard by his side. He has a signet ring on his hand that doubles up as a ring of protection it has a strange elven symbol on which is the only thing that he keeps from his past and of his father.

Upon hearing that he was called for from his master, he smiles ready for his next mission. "Destiny awaits" he mutters then walks into the cabin ready for his next orders.

3. - Top - End - #3

Whistling an merry tune, rather poorly, in an off key Schtein sits complacently playing with his dolls, voodoo dolls actually. He had taken great pleasure in demoralizing the fort garrison, who would have thought soldiers wouldn't like the corpses of their wives and children putting on a play? He thought it was a splendid idea himself until the children grew restless and started gnawing on the brains of the soldiers.

C'est la vie! Looking over at the puffed up half elf, Schtein rolls his eye, for someone who hates his elven heritage he sure has a taste for the dramatic... Unlike 'Lord' Kydell, Schtein embrassed his heritage with fervor and believes he was better for doing it. One cannot fight with himself and win Though it was good fun to remind him of his pointy ears every now and again. Upon arrival of the especially dour protege of Thorn, Schtein put away his dolls, happy with the obvious misery he envoked with the poor victims. He stood up in his dazzling robe of hot pink and canary yellow, though he himself didn't know what colours they were, only that they were of a slightly lighter colour than his standard black attire.

Walking over casually over to the gloomy woman, Schtein gives an elaborate bow (one her perfected over the last 100 years) and gives a willing smile "As master Thorn commands, will there be tea for I am rather parched and tea would be simply marvelous. I must say mistress Tiadora that you look striking in that dress, nay ravishing!"
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #4

Tiadora smiles at the necromancer, reaching out to place one pale finger on his chest, directly over his heart. Her voice becomes sultry and playful, completely out of place on the deck of a ship.

"Flattery, dearest, will get you everywhere. Now don't worry, I'm sure we can find a way to satisfy your...desires. Hurry along, you know the Master doesn't like to be kept waiting."

There is a hungry look in her eyes. The last time Schtein saw an expression like that, it was on the face of one of his creations. Shortly before it devoured a man alive.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quint was crouched by one of the doors on the ship, very carefully unscrewing the handle mechanism. As he worked, he hummed merrily to himself. The job in Balyntine had been great fun, crafting new illusions to terrify and confound with was always satisfying.

The handle came off of the door at last, Quint examined it briefly to make sure it was the type he thought it was, excellent. Since joining the cult he'd had plenty of oppertunities to exercise his imagination, trying new and inventive methods on the common folk.

Carefully, he began to reassemble the door handle, taking care to keep it entirely operational. He was curious as to what they would be doing next though, especially as they'd been assembled on this dreadfully dull barge.

He checked that the doorhandle was moving again. Content that he'd achieved his goal, he briefly considered the wizards he was working with as he smoothed his clothes down. A few were a bit too serious for his tastes, but it made making fun of them all the easier. He knew they wouldn't retaliate thanks to the contract they'd all signed.

Stepping away from the door now, he returned to the main deck of the ship to watch his handiwork, a grin already on his face at the thought of what was to come. He greatly appreciated the fact that they'd been masked from the crew, it made things much easier when people weren't staring at his tattoo's.

One of the crew approached the door he'd been tinkering with, perhaps looking to head to the lower deck? He didn't much care. Quint watched with growing amusement as the crewman tried to turn the handle down to open the door with growing frustration, the handle, of course, didn't budge. After a minute or so, the crewman finally turned the handle up instead and found the door now opened.

Laughing at the scene, he mentally thanked whoever had decided to cast the spell. It made it so much easier when they simply ignored you. Tiadora's demand for attention interrupted his merriment. Sighing, he turned to walk to the cabin, it seemed it was time to get back to business. As he walked he idly picked up a towel somebody had left lying on the ship rail and "accidentally" let it fall off the side of the ship.

He arrived in the cabin to see Schtein and his Lordship already there. Smirking to himself, he used his Iron Circlet to change his ears to be the same as an Elf's. "Good Afternoon my friends," His gaze lingers a moment on Kydrak, amusement clear in his eyes, "I trust you are well?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spells for today!

Level 0 - Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound, Dancing Lights, Ray of Frost
    Level 1 - 2x Windy Escape, 1x Vanish, 1x Colour Spray, 1x Silent Image
    Level 2 - 1x Mirror Image, 2x Minor Image, 1x Hypnotic Pattern
    Level 3 - 1x Displacement, 1x Lightning Bolt, 1x Wind Wall
    Last edited by Comissar; 2012-08-15 at 01:15 PM.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

6. - Top - End - #6

Schtein greets her look of enthusiasm with one of his own though what he was intending as provactive and seductive more than likely looked horrifying to a normal person considering his pale features and bloodless lips gave him the appearance of a corpse "Oh I do know that mistress, and I shall hold you to your offer..." Before heading to below deck he stops and watches a baffled crewman attempting to open a door. After many attempts and several grunts of frustration the door opened accompanied by a familiar laugh. A slight smile formed at the corner of Schtein's mouth Well at least someone is lively around here, this boat was as about as lively as a wake... well not one I would be attending

Following the crewman down he notices the whacky fey and his choice of appearence. Schtein couldn't supress his throaty laugh at the sight "Well good day indeed, Quint, did you get a haircut? Or is there something about your head that seems more pronounced..? Bah I can't get, maybe you could help Kyd?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spells for the day!
    Level 0: Detect Magic, Read magic, Ghost Sound, Illusion
    Level 1: Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Sickening, Colour Spray, Silent image, Mage Armor, Protection from Good
    Level 2: False Life, Invisibility, Defending Bone, Acid Arrow
    Level 3: Ray of Exhaustion, Animate Dead (Lesser), Fly

All are subject to change if I kill something since I can swap out spells via necrothurge...
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-08-15 at 01:48 PM.
    Blarg...

7. - Top - End - #7

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor is sitting on a bench against the side rail, with a notepad and pen, calmly sketching a schematic of some kind. He takes another moment to finish a few lines, blows to dry his ink, then sharply snaps it shut and stands up. He looks at Tiadora for the first time, and smirks. "Thank you, dear," he says in his thick Chelaxian accent. "Happy to attend." As he walks into the cabin he takes the opportunity to check her out, but says nothing.

An appalled expression crosses his face when he notices Quint's outfit.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Much like Victor, Xannek is by himself casually leaning against the guardrailing of the decking. He's spent most of the trip aboard The Folly by himself, in fact. The operation at Balentyne gave him an idea of what to expect from his fellow "comrades" but without knowing more of their aspirations and personalities he believes letting them know any more about himself than they already do would be foolish.

For a group that has commited treason and is no doubt being hunted by every authority in Talingarde some of these people seem to be taking things awfully lightly he thinks to himself. As Tiadora emerges from the cabin to tell everyone that Master Thorn wishes an audience Xannek simply walks past her and any other stragglers without a word and enters the cabin.

9. - Top - End - #9

Adrastus Thorn awaits you within the cabin, seated behind an ornate wooden desk. He is a bald human of what appears to be late middle age, and true to the title he has claimed, wears robes of a religious bent. Unlike a true Cardinal of Mitra, however, his are red and burgundy in hue, and the silver icon around his neck is the Asmodean pentacle, rather than the Mitran sunburst. He smiles warmly at you as you come in.

"Ah, my loyal Nessian knot. It is good to see you once more. You have served me faithfully, and I have rewarded you in treasure and vengeance. But our work is not yet done, and while the Fire-Axe's hordes shall be our sword to wield against Talingarde, so too must we ready the poison dagger to slip into it's heart. The acquisition of that weapon is your next task.

Tomorrow, this boat docks at Farholde, the northernmost settlement in the realm. It is, to be frank, a worthless backwater. However, it does border the Caer Byr, the largest forest in Talingarde, and it is there that I am sending you. Hidden within is the Horn of Abaddon, the fortress temple of a death cult called the Sons of the Pale Horseman. Eighty years ago, King Markadian the Victorious put the cult to the sword, banished the daemon prince that led them, and placed a holy seal on the place so that none might summon him again.

I have learned that the King took such a thorough step not out of piety, but out of fear. The daemon prince, Vetra-Kali Eats-the-Eyes, had just completed work on a plague so virulent that it could bring the country to it's knees. It was called the Tears of Achlys, and I want it.

You, my ninth knot, are going to find the Horn, break the seal, summon Vetra-Kali back to the mortal plane, and from him claim the Tears of Achlys.

Any questions
    ?" he finishes, looking quite content.

10. - Top - End - #10

Schtein raises his hand high in the air with a look of childish impatience and excitment. When the cult leader finally acknowledge the supposed Elder of the group with a pained look, Schtein began to speak in a rapid giddy tone "What are the effects of this marvelous plague and by any chance would I be able to subvert so that it causes it's victims to rise up from the dead and thus spread the disease further while we gain not only a dagger but another sword to slice open the tender throat of Talingarde??? Or maybe make them explode upon death that would be so delightful it would be like an orchestrial fireworks display! The joyful sound and suffering and fear that rises to climax in a spray of crimson!" Losing himself for a moment he looks around and coughs "Also... what other measures did this King take to prevent entry into this temple and what does the seal particularily ward against?
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #11

Thorn merely raises an eyebrow at his servant's exuberance.

"I do not recommend attempting to modify the plague. It is, after all, the work of an arch lord of pestilence. You might infect yourself. Worse, you might ruin a limited resource.

As for the seal, the Mitran records on it are deliberately vague. It is a powerful artifact of their faith, consecrated and thrice blessed, but I am confident you will succeed.

I doubt the Victor left any conventional defended behind, but the Temple might still be somewhat dangerous. The Caer Byr has an ominous reputation as a lair of monsters and fey things, and the Horn itself was the centre of a death cult for some time. I originally sent another team to accomplish this task, under the elven ranger Aiden Kel, but he has not reported back.
    "

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"We're certain the Daemon will be willing to hand the vial over? Or is there a specific person we should be pretending to be?"

The thought of attempting to fool a Daemon thrilled Quint, playing games with the common folk was one thing, but to outwit a being from another plane was a tantalising thought.

Apparently Schtein shared Quint's enthusiasm for this particular mission, though for very different reasons.

"I'm sure it'll be a plague of exquisite beauty if a Daemon Prince would spend so long crafting it."

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Xannek listens attentively as Master Thorn relays the next mission they are to undertake and quickly nods in agreement as he answers the necromancers questions.

"Indeed, trying to mess around with this 'Tears of Achlys' might be more trouble than it is worth. If what Master Thorn has said is true it doesn't need to be any more virulent" Xannek says to Schtein all the while peering at him with his unblinking stare.

Turning back to Thorn he says "do you have a map to this temple? If the Caer Byr is indeed the largest forest here, how will we find this place? I am somewhat adept at wilderness travel but this island is fairly new to me."
    Last edited by Tevin; 2012-08-15 at 05:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

"The daemon is still an outsider, one presently barred from entering the world. It should be greatful to be released, and if not it should be possible to bind it upon arrival. And remember - it is a plague daemon. It will want the disease released.

I have no maps, but Kel did report that he had located it before he went silent. It should not be impossible to retrace his steps.
    "

15. - Top - End - #15

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor stroked his goatee as he thought out loud, "What about the fortress itself, the Horn of Abbadon, what is known about it? Is it a castle, a ziggaraut, a temple, a dungeon? Do we have any idea how old the structure is? How about the interior, is anything known about the layout? Would we possibly need explosives to get in? Forgive the questions, my lord."

He then looks to his colleagues, "Are we equipped to summon and bind this daemon?"

16. - Top - End - #16

When Quint and Schtein start to mock Kydrak, he just grits his teeth and ignores them. But upon hearing this mission his grin is so wide his face seems to have cracked in half. A temple of a daemon where we can take a plague so deadly it can kill millions. Everyone else is thinking of petty reason for this, but Kydrak knew the true reason we are getting this plague. We can rule the entire world with the threat of this plague. Kydrak wouldn't mind taking a sample of it over to the elven homelands. Then he'll be able to show those lesser beings who's the true king. But first he has to acquire this plague.

"So, once we've summoned the daemon, could we hire it to help our cause? A being for another world would be a very powerful ally, and I've always wanted to ride a feind into battle. Or is it too dangerous and we'll have to kill it, or maybe just set it upon this town of Farholde, just as a reminder of who's in charge. He then turns to the rest of his party. I look forward to doing this, even in your company. We shall once again bring terror upon the people of Talingarde, let's summon this daemon! Realizing that he's being uncharacteristically friendly and excited, he then tries to go back to normal, but still not being able to conceal his smile.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aridun has so far been silent, treating his colleagues with disdain. "Petty men, with petty evil in their hearts."
    The elf shook out his long white hair with black and charred hands, knowing that he was their superior.

"I am not like them, this is but the means to an end."

The task seemed simple enough, and Aridun had little patience for the childish questions and unnecessary melodrama of his companions. He simply bowed before the master, and waited for the signal to depart.

Spoiler
    Show
    My prepped spells are on my sheet, I'll delete them as I use them
    WINNER! Villainous Competition XXXII: Selene, Bride of Ruin
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

18. - Top - End - #18

SwashbucklerGuy

Prepared spells
    Spoiler
    Show

1st Level
    Mage Armor
    Grease
    Burning Hands
    Abundant Ammunition

2nd Level
    Cat's Grace
    Scorching Ray
    Gust of Wind

19. - Top - End - #19

"I shall leave the precise details up to yourselves to discover, though I do not imagine gaining entry will be entirely difficult. The Victor and his men managed it, and I doubt they were considerate enough to patch the holes up again before departing. Given the potential danger, I shall not be sending you alone.

Firstly, the Knot Hibernal is scheduled to arrive a day or two after you. Elise Zadaria proved her team's capabilities while you infiltrated Balentyne. They will remain in Farholde and buy you the time you need to summon the daemon and obtain the disease.

Secondly, there was once a thriving cult of Asmodeus in Farholde, under the leadership of Baron Arkov Vandermir. Though he abandoned his worship and denied all knowledge of it to escape the Purges some twenty years ago, he knows me by name and reputation. Knows enough to fear me. See if you can't lean on him, extract a degree of cooperation.

In any case, that will be all. We arrive in Farholde tomorrow - best get some rest.
    "
    The Cardinal waves you away and returns to studying an array of charts and books. It is clear that you have been dismissed.

20. - Top - End - #20

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor decisively turns on his heel and walks out. When the others join him (assuming the do), "I think we should start with this Vandermir fellow. Let's see what information or resources he has. Perhaps we can commandeer his home as a base of operations an see what secrets his library holds. I'm sure we can "inspire" him to our cause." he says with a smug smile.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quint follows Victor out of the cabin fairly quickly, stretching his arms as he did so. He didn't really like being inside for longer than he needed to, the freedom of an open sky was exhilirating to him.

Once outside, he moved to lean against one of the rails at the edge of the deck. As he listened to Victor's proposal, he muttered "Soilse Rince." and four lights winked into existence above his open palm. Smiling slightly to himself, he sent them spiralling high into the sky before sending them chasing one another around the boat at high speed. He didn't know if the crew could see the lights, the thought of superstitious sailors worrying over their appearance amused him enough that he didn't much care if they saw them.

"I agree with you that we should contact Vandemir first," he flashed Victor a grin, "I'm certain I can find a method or two to persuade him to help us. After all, I'm sure there's at least one person he must care about."

For those who speak Auran/For the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Solise Rince = Dancing Lights

Spoiler
    Show
    Quint is casting Dancing Lights then just racing the lights around the ship, using the wisp form for the lights. I have no idea if the sailors can see the lights or not.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2012-08-17 at 04:56 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Schtein bows deeply and gracefully then in one fluid motion spins around and walks back up the stairs. He raised an eyebrow at the sight of the 4 wispy lights rising from the sylph, a slow grin begins to form as he begins to chant softly while wiggling his long slender fingers. As the lights move upward a low moan emits out from the lights as they circle around the barge. "Ahh much better, now onto business... would anyone know if this Baron has a family, or a beloved child? Children always make such wonderful leverage!
    Blarg...

23. - Top - End - #23

The next day, as predicted, the boat docks in Farholde. The city is a ramshackle affair of wooden houses pacers tightly onto nine hills, between which flow the various tributaries of the river. It's citizens, mostly humans and elves of one variety or another, make their way between the buildings with a sense of constant haste. You draw more than one assessing look from the locals as you disembark, but no one seems intent on causing trouble.

"I have arranged for you to attend a dinner tonight with the good Baron." Tiadora says as she leads you off the ship. "He will be expecting you, so I'd advise getting some nice clothes. The master bade me give you this amulet - if you have something to report, break it and he will send an agent to you. Try not to waste his time." she hands you a small clay amulet. Then, in the blink of an eye, she vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, you're in Farholde. Please post away and let me know what you're doing - shopping, listening to rumours, that sort of thing.

24. - Top - End - #24

Nice clothes aren't a problem for someone with a noble title like me. I want to meet this Baron to see what we're working with. Although a child would be nice, he wouldn't want to see his own offspring being eaten in front of him, would he? I'm going to ask around for anything to do with this baron. Kydrak uses his iron circlet to turn himself into a more friendly looking human. Then leaves the group searching for any information he can get on the baron or this town.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge local (1d20+11)[6](17)
    Nobility (1d20+15)[16](31)
    Gather Information rollv]1d20+4[/rollv]

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information again (1d20+4)[2](6)

26. - Top - End - #26

Schtein already was in his noble attire but he really didn't care for it, it was some ghastly outfit with some dull colours. As for Kydrak and his 'title' he could care less, he was technically a Baron himself though he would have definitely have trouble staking a claim to it due to his age. He will look for shadier company for information so he can use more brutal methods of persuasion...

Spoiler
    Show

perception to see if I can find thugs so I can intimidate them
    (1d20+4)[14]
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quint emerged from his sleeping quarters feeling fully renewed. There was nothing like the promise of some fun later in the day to help you get out of bed. Rather than taking the plank down onto the dock, and having to wait for everyone else to disembark in the process, Quint simply steps off the side of the ship. A breeze quickly picks up around him and slows his descent so that he lands on the shore without harm.

He listens to Tiadora's instructions with an almost bored look on his face. "You've taken half the fun out of it you know, you've told him we're coming," he sighs to himself, "I suppose I shall simply have to amuse myself until we meet with him then."

As he wanders away from the docks, he uses his circlet to change his appearance into that of an older man, masking his tattoo's as he did so. As much has he liked them, he had to admit that they did make him stand out and right now he did not want to be remembered.

Slowly, he made his way towards the town library. He searched for any books which could give him a clue to the Daemon Lord's motivation, or even anything recent about the Baron's family. He also picked up a few other popular looking books.

Starting with the more popular books, he went through them each individually to page 83 and, as quietly as he could and when he was certain nobody was watching, tore out the following page. After pocketing each page he'd removed, he returned the books to their shelves before getting on with the more serious research.

Spoiler
    Show

If I need to roll something specific to try and find the right books, let me know and I'll make the roll.

Prepared Spells:
    Level 0 - Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
    Level 1 - Disguise Self x2, Silent Image x1, Ventriloquism x1, Windy Escape x1
    Level 2 - Invisibility x1, Minor Image x1, Mirror Image x1, Detect Thoughts x1
    Level 3 - Displacement x1, Invisbility Sphere x1, Lightning Bolt x1

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor wants to discover more about Caer Byr and the local geography to figure out where the Horn is located. He also goes to the library, but is specifically focusing on books about geography or local history, or maps.

Rolling perception to see if he notices Quint ripping out the pages (ooc- what the...?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+7[/roll]

Sorry, butchered that roll, see OOC thread for new roll.
    Spells today
    Spoiler
    Show

1st Level
    Mage Armor
    Grease
    Burning Hands
    Abundant Ammunition

2nd Level
    Knock
    Scorching Ray
    Gust of Wind
    Last edited by Razorstorm; 2012-08-18 at 09:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Kydrak discovers that the Baron is fairly well regarded throughout Farholde. With the local lord away in the fight against the Fire-Axe, he's actually the highest ranking nobleman left in town. The Baron himself has no immediate family, though he does fund and maintain a local orphanage. The orphans, however, almost appear to form a street gang of their own.

Schtein finds the lowlife areas easily enough, in those districts most prone to flooding. Several gangs of thugs observe him with a predatory interest as he walks around.

Quint finds nothing on Vetra-Kali save some vague references in local mythology and ghost stories. No one notices his vandalism. Yet.

Victor discovers that the Horn is popularly believed to lie somewhere within the Karst, a string of hills in the northern reaches of the Caer Byr, less than a day's ride from Farholde. In terms if finding it, he picks up some mention of an elf who was also looking for the place a few weeks back. Apparently he was staying in an Inn called the Wandering Friar.

30. - Top - End - #30

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor looks around town for the Wandering Friar inn.

He walks in and asks to arrange one room for him and his companions (assuming we won't even end up staying here).

Assuming nothing goes weird in the first part...
    Spoiler
    Show
    After making the mundane arrangements, "There should have been an elf passing through here ahead of me a few weeks ago, fellow by the name of Aiden Kel. Do you remember seeing him?