New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Kingdom of Alynnor (Pathfinder IC)

Browne's is a fairly large establishment, on the east side of the river. It has all manner of metal tools and implements. At the counter sit a few potions and other magical curiosities. There is also a collection of a variety of types of finely crafted weapons, the prize of which is a scimitar with a jeweled hilt. A repetitive clanging sound can be heard from the blacksmith's workshop, connected to the back of the store. Behind the counter sits a slightly overweight man with a peg leg. He converses with a lady making a purchase in a tone a bit louder than one would normally talk. After she leaves, he turns to the store in general and says "Anything I can do for anyone?"

Last edited by bookguy; 2013-03-06 at 08:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kingdom of Alynnor (Pathfinder IC)

Kasumi Looks at the man, not sure how she should reply him. "Um I..I'm OK Ju.. Just window shopping". Looking around she takes in the shop and all of it's wares.
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2013-03-06 at 06:30 AM.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Don't worry, pretty lady. Good 'ol Hurst won't bite. Take yer time," he says, in an overeager attempt to be friendly.

4. - Top - End - #4

Blushing slightly as the shop owner calls her pretty. Kasumi walks around picking up some of the weapons, feeling their weight and potential usefulness. Few of them she felt comfortable with and none were like the weapons from her homeland. Finally she looks around to take in the other people in the shop.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Szeth was walking by Browne's with Shadow on one of his daily walks. Bored, he decides to poke his head in and see if they had any new exciting shipments. From time to time they would, and Horst was usually willing to tell Szeth all about them. Horst seemed to like the attention.

Leaving Shadow at the door (he still scared some of the meeker folk), Szeth entered the store.

"Hey Horst, got anything new this week?"

6. - Top - End - #6

Seeing the Gnome walk in Kasumi catches a glimpse of the creature outside. Squealing in fear she drops the club she had picked up. "I.. I'm um.. sorry." Scooping it up she puts it back on the table and moves away, still unfamiliar with this town and it's people.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueKnightGuy

Szeth looks over at the startled woman. He had become used to these reactions, especially among strangers. He had found it better to put them at ease early on than to let their fear and suspicion build.

"It's ok miss, he won't hurt anyone. He's quite funny actually. You can even meet him if you like. Or, if you prefer, I'll let him know to keep his distance from you so you don't have to face him. He's quite used to people being afraid of him at first and tries to be accommodating."

Szeth had found that people loved options, and he also knew that few young people would choose the later option. It was too hurtful to their pride. And besides, talking about Shadow as an accommodating being with feelings usually aroused more pity than anything else. And Shadow knew how to put on tricks to put people ease once they were willing to meet him.
    Last edited by Shinovar; 2013-03-06 at 11:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Crom walks in, fingering the edge of his massive greatsword:

Crom's blade in need of work.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

At the sound of conversation, Felak looks up from the cache of maps he'd been browsing. They were all area maps anyway, and would not have been helpful to him. He needed a map of the town itself. Through the window he catches a glimpse of a bearlike creature with smoky sable fur.

"You're lucky," he says to the gnome, his voice a deep, rolling bass that seems to have had the accent beat out of it with a hammer. It might have come from anywhere. "Your friend outside's a real beauty." The dwarf steps up to the pair and takes the human's hand. "I mean no disrespect to you, lady," he says. Felak's first impulse, the teaching of his goddess, is to give the hand a courtly kiss, but he then he remembers why he's here. He touches her fingertips to his brow instead, then lets the hand fall. "But all beauty should go remarked, and Mister Browne had already done that duty by you."

Having mentioned him, the dwarf turns to the shopkeeper. "As for something you can do, Hurst," he says, hesitating a little, "Do you happen to know the way to the house of Kheled Ginilul? It has been many years since I was here last, my stay was not long, and the town has grown in the meantime."
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2013-03-06 at 12:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

"I.. I think it wi.. will be um like ok, if your creature st.. stays" Moving off to the side Kasumi tries to shy away from all of these strangers. Feeling uncomfortable by how they are all treating her.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Crom gives Kasumi a big toothy grin, his facial features more on the orc side than the human.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlueKnightGuy

Acknowledging the dwarf with a thankful nod, Szeth turns to the human. "All right then, I don't mean to be a bother."

Szeth is a little confused by the woman's actions. She seems very unsure of herself and possibly afraid.

Szeth decides to try one more time. "My name is Szeth Gnomkin. Is everything all right?"

13. - Top - End - #13

"Oh um yeah everything's ok. I.. I'm just not from around here. No.. Not used to like um people and stuff." Realizing the gnome thinks shes afraid Kasumi swears to herself not to let one of these men touch her.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, a traveler! Where is the most exciting place you have ever been? Korrack is a fine town, but a bit dull. People are nice though."

15. - Top - End - #15

"Oh I don't kn..know, I.. I've been on a straight li.. linesince I le.. left the.. the eastern lands." Kasumi's muscles are relaxed but ready to punch this man if he touched her.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

16. - Top - End - #16

BlueKnightGuy

"Eastern lands? Like out by the capital?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

"Probably further than that," interrupts Felak. He can see the woman doesn't really want to talk anymore, so he'll try to change the subject. "The world is wide, friend. I've only returned from the Dwarven Lands myself."OOC 1

OOC 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's a more specific name, I'd be delighted to know it.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2013-03-06 at 01:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueKnightGuy

Starting to finally catch on, Szeth turns to the Dwarf. Wow, the Dwarven lands. You must have had a long journey. What brings you to Korrack?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

"Kheled's my father. I bear his name - Felak Kheledul." Felak introduces himself with great seriousness. A name is a powerful thing. "I have not seen him, or the rest of my family, since they moved here from the Capital."

20. - Top - End - #20

"Sorry I.. i got mixed up. I.. meant the we..west. Like far west."
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2013-03-06 at 07:10 PM.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"We can sharpen and polish yer blade, big guy," says Hurst, oblivious to the tension in the shop, "or enchant it, if that's what you want."

He turns to Felak, and speaks in the most respectful tone he can muster. "I don't know Kheled, sir, but Rurik in the back maybe knows. I'll ask when he stops hammering. And I'm just Hurst Trenholm. I work for mister Browne."

A man with unwashed, blond hair and tattered clothes walks in and begins looking at some daggers.
    Last edited by bookguy; 2013-03-06 at 06:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I doubt I have the coin for any enchanting done.

Crom ponders this. Magical weapons were a rare thing in his tribe, usually found off of the corpses of dead adventurers or in dungeon treasure holes. He was never able to get his hands on one, but he has seen what they can do. He looks at his greatsword and imagines it on fire.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

"My mistake, Hurst," says Felak. "Like I said, I have not been in town for years. Some details get hazy. Thank you for asking Rurik."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hi Szeth, nice to see you again," Hurst says conversationally, trying to keep up with what everyone is saying, "Nothing new in today, but tom-"

Hurst's eyes widen as he notices the blond man swiftly and surreptitiously moving toward the exit, holding several items plucked from the shelves."Stop! Thief!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    21-Crom
    16-Thief
    15-Szeth, then Felak
    10-Christo, then Kasumi

25. - Top - End - #25

Seeing the thief trying to take off Kasumi runs straight up to him, and kicks him in the back of his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+2)[13]
    Damage:(1d6+2)[6]
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Crom charges, gleefully (in case Kasumi misses or fails to incapacitate)

Initiative: 13
    CMB for Grapple: 14

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

"Yes, stop, thief." rumbles Felak. His voice is barely louder than before, but seems to churn with the energy of a river. Seeing the others spring after him, Felak changes his command slightly. "Drop the goods."

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast command spontaneously, sacrificing bless. The thief must make a DC 14 Will save or drop everything he's holding.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Crom reaches the thief first, enveloping him in a great big bear hug. As the thief struggles unsuccessfully to escape, his arms stiffen, as he if he is fighting some force trying to take control of his movements. Kasumi's foot connects squarely with the back of his head, eliciting a shriek. The thief drops the items and goes limp in Crom's arms, barely conscious. "Please... I give up... Stop..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kasumi, Crom, and Felak each earn 45 XP for defeating the thief.
    RPXP (I'll assign this after every combat for roleplay since the last combat):
    Kasumi:15
    Szeth:15
    Felak:15
    Crom:10

Hurst yanks open a door in the back. "Rurik! Qeven! Robber in the store!"

29. - Top - End - #29

Kasumi looks down at the floor, scooping up the items she puts them back on the various shelves then looks down at the floor nit sure what to do.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueKnightGuy

Szeth looks over at the dwarf. "Well, that was exciting. I heard you asking about the house of Kheled Ginilul. If you want, Shadow and I can take you there."