Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 769
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "What a lovely spread, Arkov. Can we call you Arkov? As for our business in town, let's wait until after we've enjoyed our supper. We have so much to discuss, Elise, so how about you and I take a nice evening stroll around the grounds later?"

    Hal can't help but raise an eyebrow when Buddy informs him that the Baron is a spellcaster, and instructs the familiar to telepathically inform Victor as well. He makes polite dinner conversation; telling jokes and asking simple questions to learn what type of people his hosts are. Remaining observant through the entire meal, Hal makes note of the established dynamic between the Baron and the Witch.

    When the empty plates are being cleared he finishes his story, "...so that's when he said, 'that's not a lich, that's my wife!'", and reclines back in his chair chuckling. Once he's recovered his composure he adresses the Baron, "What a scrumptious feast Arkov. Now to business then? I suppose there are a few things we should discuss."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hal intends to confront Zadaria alone about not being an Asmodean. For now he intends to use Buddy as a telepathic relay to make sure he and Victor are on the same page. Hal only plans on telling them what's absolutely necessary about the Horn.

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "I suppose there might well be. I'll leave you two to discuss the matter, shall I? I am under no illusions about your reluctance to share sensitive information outside your actual organisation."

    Arkov Vandermir rises from the table, nods to both of you, and leaves the room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a sense motive check from either Hal or Victor to work out how Arkov and Elise view each other, as well as pick up on any other useful clues.


    When he's gone, Elise turns to you. "So, what exactly did you need to discuss? Our assignment here is to aid you, after all, so let's hear it."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Thattaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Leeds, Great Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Kydrak sheathes his sword then looks towards Kin, he didn't know whether to like him or not or whether he should aprecciate what he did. On one hand he saved his life, on the other he humiliated him. He followed him and appeared next to him in a flash, the instead of walking up the stairs he flies, just to show that he is not a failed Wizard. He waits at the top for Kin then walks with him normally after the effects of haste wear off. "I sould thank you for saving my life, but I know that ou are legally obliged, so I will not bother. I had it under control until you came, once I had killed enough then they would have sided with me. But still what you did, you did with good intention and I appreciate what you did. Better than that drow, I should never have trusted her. I fear I need to rest, for my wounds are truly painful. But did you have anything to say before I retire to any bed chambers?

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sometimes I wish I knew..
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Pocketing the rock, Ilvaria follows Kin up the stairs. At Kydark's works, she smirks at the half-elf. "Quite the contrary, my dear." She replies calmly. "We are under no obligation to save you under such circumstances. Doing such could in fact be seen as a violation of both the Second and First Loyalties. You, quite sadly, rate only third on that list." Very white teeth glint in the flickering light of the room, composing a 'smile' more suited to a shark than anything else.

    She reaches out, faded white light threading from her fingers as she touches the half-elf, and several of his wounds disappear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+3)[7]


    "And I would...advise...that you don't venture down there again if you value the flesh on your bones remaining there. Another rescue may not be as swift in coming." She shrugs, twirling a few wisps of light in her hand before snuffing them out. "In fact, if you are as careless again, it may not come at all."
    Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

    I won. Not sure what though.

    Overwhelming emotion count (now with additional awe): 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>
    Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheGeek View Post
    I also look forward to playing with you, especially Snowfire, who I've played with before and is awesome.

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Kin snorts softly at both Kydrak and Ilvaria's words.

    "It seems strange that I am the one of this pair" - here he graciously waves a hand at Ilvaria, implying that he means no offense by excluding her - "who understands that sometimes, subtlety works over force and there is a time to use magic and a time to use words, considering my specialty. But even I understand that a full village of allies who serve our cause willingly is worth more than a couple of sniveling weaklings who would flee given the slightest chance."

    He looks at Kydrak then, voice hardening. "So consider it fair warning that discharges any further need for helping you within the third clause of our pact; from me such help is not likely to come again. Consider any obligation required of me by that pact towards you null and void. I will not actively work against you at this point in time, but neither will I necessarily give you assistance."

    Then he looks over at Ilvaria and grins like a small child. "I would be interested in learning some of those drow torture techniques if you would be willing to show me sometime."
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sometimes I wish I knew..
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Ilvaria smirks at Kydark again, then turns to Kin with a gently sadistic smile. "Well...it's been a while. But if you can find me a body to play with, sure. No need for it to be alive, I can show you most of the tricks without all the annoying screaming."
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-09-27 at 06:58 PM.
    Live life to the full, be happy in yourself and never slow down. We're here for a blink of an eye to the universe. Make the most of it.

    I won. Not sure what though.

    Overwhelming emotion count (now with additional awe): 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>
    Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheGeek View Post
    I also look forward to playing with you, especially Snowfire, who I've played with before and is awesome.

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Cloudsmeet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Kin pouts. "I thought the screaming and writhing of the unfortunate was the point. Actually, I was thinking - do you know anything of boggard worship? I was wondering whether relations might be helped by us taking part in dealing with their newly dead."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Ilvaria has a better kn:religion than Kin
    Christmas is a busy time for everyone; expect heavily reduced posting until a few days after the new year with my apologies.

    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kin Lescelyn, Evil Human Evoker and Fireball Enthusiast.
    Why did the duck with the tin lip? Because the higher they fly, the fewer!

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    "I suppose there might well be. I'll leave you two to discuss the matter, shall I? I am under no illusions about your reluctance to share sensitive information outside your actual organisation."

    Arkov Vandermir rises from the table, nods to both of you, and leaves the room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a sense motive check from either Hal or Victor to work out how Arkov and Elise view each other, as well as pick up on any other useful clues.


    When he's gone, Elise turns to you. "So, what exactly did you need to discuss? Our assignment here is to aid you, after all, so let's hear it."
    "I appreciate your understanding Arkov. You are surely tired so please don't stay up on our account, we will speak again in the morning. I take it any servant we speak to can show us to our chambers?"

    When the Baron has left Hal leans forward in his seat and addresses the witch plainly. "So Elise, we in the Nessian Knot are very pleased to have the assistance of the Knot Hibernal on what is going a very difficult task. Your mission, as the Master has surely explained to you, is to maintain a presence in Farholde and report directly to us so that we know exactly what is going on in town while we can still dedicate most of our efforts to the issue of the Horn of Abaddon. We all expect this mission to take a very long time, and the Master wants this done as smoothly as possible so that is why we need you here in Farholde protecting us. We trust you to take appropriate measures to safeguard our work at the Horn."

    "You can assume that this mission will require your presence in this backwater for a year, so plan accordingly. I wish it could be different but this is how it has to be. You and your group will not leave Farholde at any time unless you have express permission from a member of the Nessian Knot. You will have a report on any and all developments in Farholde ready for pick up every week. Any priority alerts will be sent to us immediately via a method I will provide you with at our next meeting. You will acquire any resources that we decide are necessary for our mission and have them ready for pick up. And lastly, you are to make our presence in Caer Byr unnoticed. I'm sorry Elise, but that's how it has to be. I'm sure you would prefer a more glamorous assignment, but we each perform the tasks required by our infernal cause. The Master has chosen your group to serve on the front lines, and I truly am sorry that you are being placed in such danger. If someone seeking to thwart us comes in search of the Nessian Knot, you are the first line of defence. As such, we will keep your knowledge of the goings on at the Horn limited so that if you and your Knot are captured your knowledge can't be used against us. I don't feel comfortable having you be a target for any enemies of ours that seek to learn a means of foiling our plan."

    "Your first task is a simple one. Report to us your initial findings in Farholde. We are interested in knowing about your accommodations here as well as what resources you have brought with you. Your second task is less simple. We at the Horn require a great many things; most small, but some rather difficult to bring with us on the long journey through the jungle. It is up to you to find furnishings for the base of operations we are constructing. We need furnishings for six bedrooms, at least three washing rooms, a kitchen area, a reading room, and a torture chamber. This will take resources as well as skilled labourers. I take it you will be abe to provide both in such a way that they will not be missed? At least one of those workers will need to have his brain removed at some point in the future. Your final mission is one you have some time to accomplish, so please give priority to the other two directives. You are to gather information on Sir Darien and the guards at Castle Hammorhall. The Nessian Knot has an interest in Sir Darien's well being. He needs to be kept alive for now, but the more we know about him the easier it will be to orchestrate his death when the time comes."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+5)[14] (+3 normal, +2 from use of adaptable luck)
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-09-27 at 10:40 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Through the dinner, Victor mostly eases back, enjoying the hospitality and creature comforts. He seems content to defer to Hal's scheming.

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    With that sense motive, you get the impression that the Baron and the Witch are distinctly closer than was expected. Who is manipulating who, however, is more difficult to discern.


    Elise listens to your speech calmly... at least, her expression is calm. The way the fork in her hand suddenly snaps under the force of her grip halfway through, however, reveals her true feelings.

    "You appear to be operating under a tragic misunderstanding. Let me clarify a few things for you, just so we're clear." she says, her voice as cold as the winter ice. "We are your allies in this endeavour, not your servants or your slaves. You do not give me orders, you do not demand things from me, and you do not get to dictate anything to me."

    She takes a moment to drink from some of the wine the Baron had provided. "I will not be asking for your permission on anything. I will not inform you of how we intend to go about our mission, or where we are residing. And you can acquire your own damn bedroom furnishings."

    She smiles sweetly at you. "Now, perhaps you would like to repeat your requests in a more... polite manner?"
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Hal shakes his head sadly and continues as if her outburst had not occurred. "My dear Elise, that was not the display I was hoping to see. Just as I expected though; you Asmodeans always claim to work together so well but can never remove your egos from the equation. In short, my dear Elise, you just failed a very simple test of loyalty.

    How would you have reacted had Thorn been the one to deliver such a message? Tiadora even? You say you are neither servant nor slave, but what of the contract you signed? If you are too prideful to accept that we are all just cogs in Hell's machine then how are we to work together smoothly? An Asmodean can never risk harming her bloated sense of self-worth. You somehow expect to be conquerers then squeal at the prospect of getting your boots dirty. You, your knot, even my own Nessian Knot; I don't trust any of you to go the distance. I fully expect that at some point someone's pride will hamper the mission. I will not abide that.

    I know what its like to give everything for a cause. That's what I've done, and that's what I'm going to keep doing for as long as it takes. Don't try and tell me about making a sacrifice; I watched as the only people I ever loved were burnt alive, I spent a year in a human orphanage, and now I'm bound by contract to serve Hell. Hell, where my soul will be tormented for eternity. Those are sacrifices. So don't complain to me about you dignity and don't tell me about manners. Everything pales in comparison to the mission.
    "

    Hal hadn't meant to reveal so much, especially to Victor. He realized his heart was pounding, and brought it under control.

    "It was a test of humility and loyalty. I feel bad for enraging you so, but I needed to know. Like so many in our organisation, your Loyalties are out of order. You cling to the Fourth and fail to uphold the First and for that I am very sorry. The test is over now. "

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    The witch raises an eyebrow. "You really need to do your research in future. I am not an Asmodean. I'm from the northern tribes, from beyond the Watch Wall, sworn in service to the Lord of Winter."

    She settles back in her chair. "I really, truly do not care about your doubtless tragic and horrific past. I don't care about the cause, or the Loyalties, or this apparent belief in humility as a necessity. I am under contract to Thorn, but it is for my own reasons and my own purpose, and I did not sign the same contract you did."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    (Summon post)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing. Though you and I are both outsiders, serving this organisation for our own reasons, Thorn has allowed you greater freedom than I. I'm certain you'll agree that from my perspective that makes you more dangerous. So then, I'm asking you, is there any reason I should trust you?"

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    She shrugs languidly. "No. Fortunately, I don't need you to trust me. I need you to focus on doing your job, while my team and I handle things on our end."

    "If you want my help, so that you don't need to split your own efforts between the ritual and running interference in Farholde, all you need to do is ask. And make recompense for your boorish manners earlier, of course."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "Rest assured I have no doubts about your ability, only your loyalty. I apologize again for putting you through that, but I do want your help. We're here for different reasons, but I think we may have one thing in common, Elise, so I'm asking you: will you help me destroy Talingarde?"

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Fields and jungle stretched out for miles and miles beneath Quint, the wind was refreshingly cool on his skin after the oppressive heat of the Jungle floor. Sighing to himself, he turned his attention back to his self appointed task. It had taken a few minutes, but he finally spotted what he was looking for in the land below. An isolated cottage some way from a nearby town, a faint trail of smoke was rising from the chimney indicating that it was occupied. Gently, he set himself down a short distance away out of sight. Focusing upon his circlet, he crafted a disguise for himself. His skin rippled and reshaped itself whilst his clothes became heavier and more mundane than what he preferred. Once he was done, he examined his disguise critically.

    Not bad, should do the trick here.

    Walking hurriedly to the door, already contorting his face into one of fear and worry, Quint tried to give an impression of distress through body language in case anybody was watching him. He gave a quick knock on the door then glanced around anxiously. To any that were watching, they saw a human woman in a modest, yet apparently expensive, long dress.

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quint is casting Fly to get himself to the first house that he can see which is obviously occupied but is not within the bounds of a large settlement. I'm assuming he can acheive this with one use of the spell, if not he'll use two Fly spells (each can be maintained for 6 minutes). Once there, he's using his Iron Circlet to appear to be a reasonably rich woman.


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    The Baron's manor

    The Witch looks at Hal scornfully. "Stop trying to pretty it all up and pretend we're friends, little man. I'm striking no deals with you, and I'll not brush this all under the table with talk of a grand mission of destroying the country."

    "You had your chance, and you ruined it with your thuggish behavior and the presumption that you could dare command me. It will take more than pretty words to make up for that."

    At this, the door to the dining room opens. Baron Vandermir is standing there, flanked by half a dozen guards. All of them have their hands on the hilt of their swords.

    "I think you should leave. Now." The Baron says. It is quite apparent that it isn't a request.

    The small cottage

    After a few moments, the door to the house opens, revealing a swarthy middle aged human man. His eyes widen in surprise as he sees the figure waiting outside.

    "Uh... Can I help you, miss?"
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Relief was apparent on Quint's face, he took a carefully hesitant step towards the man. "Please, you must help me! My husband and I were travelling along the road to visit our family in the town, but our coach was robbed!"

    He glanced behind him, back down the path, as though fearful that the phantom highwaymen had followed him, "They killed Mavis, our serving girl, and my husband is badly injured. They ran off with all our belongings."

    Quint turned back to the man, "He's not far from here, please help me get him to somebody who can help!"


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    The man evidently buys your story immediately. "Of course, miss. Fredrick! Come on, lad, this lady needs our help."

    From somewhere else inside the cottage emerges a younger human, with a distinct resemblance to the first. He listens to his father relate the problem and nods seriously. "Right, of course we'll help. Hallack can take care of mother when he gets back. Lead the way, ma'am."

    Father and son stand ready to follow you, decent sized limbs of wood held ready as makeshift clubs in case the 'bandits' should return.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Quint smiled a weak thankyou and lead them down the path, away from the town. He made sure he hurried along to give a sense of urgency to the two would be rescuer's. Once they were a good few hundred yards down the road, he slowed to a halt and turned around. Raising a hand, he incanted "Sprae Dath"

    As he did so, a blinding and disorientating burst of colour exploded from his fingertips, engulfing the two men within it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quint is casting Colour Spray on the two men, DC is 15 to save.


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    The son drops like a stone as the spray of magical colour strikes him full in the face. The father staggers back, clawing at his eyes and trying desperately to work out what just happened.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    The Witch looks at Hal scornfully. "Stop trying to pretty it all up and pretend we're friends, little man. I'm striking no deals with you, and I'll not brush this all under the table with talk of a grand mission of destroying the country."

    "You had your chance, and you ruined it with your thuggish behavior and the presumption that you could dare command me. It will take more than pretty words to make up for that."

    At this, the door to the dining room opens. Baron Vandermir is standing there, flanked by half a dozen guards. All of them have their hands on the hilt of their swords.
    "My dear Elise, I am so sorry that you had to reveal your hand like this. You could have kept our relationship cordial and pleasant, but instead you choose to be selfish. Your irrational reaction has made my test all the more valid, and that's a shame. I so hoped you'd at least pretend to be a true ally. I offered you no deal beyond the one you already made with Thorn. If you refuse that deal, I can speculate as to what will happen to your position in this organization. But surely that's not what you're doing."

    Hal rises and walks calmly to leave the manor, "You know Arkov, you used to make much better decisions than this."

    Much better... Buddy echoes in the Baron's head, doing his best impersonation of Ezra Thrice Damned.

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "No." the witch says, voice unyielding. "You are not offering a deal, you are attempting to impose terms. You demand that I bow and scrape, that I accept that you have authority over me, that I hurry to comply with your every whim and desire."

    She stands up from her seat at the table. "And you offer nothing in return except hollow words. When I object, you mock and look down upon me, admonishing me as though you are in some way my better."

    "Thorn dealt with me fairly and politely, offered suitable recompense and, most of all, has the power to back up his words. You have nothing save the flimsy excuse of borrowed authority.
    "

    The Baron, for his part, barely seems to notice Buddy's mental communication. Instead, he reaches inside his dinner jacket and produces a flintlock pistol, which he aims straight between Hal's eyes.

    "Let's be clear about this, hmm?" he says, very calmly. "You are going to apologize to your valued ally for the way you've treated her. You are going to promise to treat her, and me, with more respect in future. If you do not, I am going to kill you, here and now, and tell everyone you perished in the Caer Byr." he pulls back the arming trigger with a menacing click.

    "Choose."
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "I have been apologizing from the moment I began this conversation and I will happily say again, I am sorry for all I have put you through."

    An insignificant toy like the Baron points at his face isn't reason for concern, but seeing how much control the witch was able to establish over the Baron in only a couple days is making Hal very uncomfortable. He sees that Elise has made the Baron her thrall which makes him realize its not Arkov he should be apologizing to.

    Stop playing with these whining imbeciles and get us out of here. Next time you decide to play one of your stupid games make sure we have the upper hand. Your silent friend is probably content to let you die. Did you see that coming?

    This isn't the time Buddy. As you so accurately pointed out they have a clear upper hand.

    "You have every reason to believe me; you know how much I have invested in this mission. I am sorry, Elise, that you have taken offense. The customs of my people have not conditioned me for human contact. I apologize."

    Spoiler
    Show
    What will the Baron do to Victor? Two wizards perishing randomly in Caer Byr is a lot less likely than one. Also, he has done nothing to deserve it.

    Buddy wants to take any chance he can get to escape. He is preparing to use his Lesser Confusion spell-like ability on the Baron.

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Thattaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Leeds, Great Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Kydrak retires to his bed, where his aching wounds are still healing. But before he falls asleep, he lays his sword by the bed and starts to pray to Asmodeous. "Asmodeous, please punsih those that have threatened your cause, I know that is why you took Schtein. But now these Boggards are trying to destroy our cause as well. The traitors should be punished and I wish that you do that soon. Thank you for providing me with the strength to live on and the magic in my vains. Amen."

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Victor stays in his seat, as if the show of strength from the Baron hadn't ruffled him a bit. In reality a bead of sweat was running down his hairline, and he prayed no one could hear his heart smashing against his chest. He continues the next part with all the CEO machismo he can muster. He leans back in his seat, his hands casually resting behind his head.

    "Elise, please forgive me for letting this go this far. As one develops new talent on one's teams, one has to give them a chance to stretch their wings, and sometimes fall to the ground. He is a newly joined member of the knot, and I wanted to see how he handled himself. Please accept my personal apology for his insult, and yes, I agree, it was insulting. Hal, do us a favor and stay quiet for the remainder of the evening, won't you? Elise, what do you say we wave our magic wands and start this conversation over again, without the threat of violence heavy in the air." He sits forward in his chair and looks right at Elise. His look at her is earnest and forthright, with no superiority. "Let us have this conversation as we should have from the beginning, which is us discussing how we can accomplish our goals as partners and equals, which I have always viewed you as, Elise. We do have serious business to attend to, and a petty brawl between the likes of us would likely tear this lovely dining room apart, and that would be unforgivable. I'm sure you two will go on despising each other, which is perfectly fine with me, but let's focus on what our purpose here tonight is. We absolutely cannot do this alone, and we need your help to move forward. And I'm sure there is something we can do to assist you in your own schemes that will not derail us from our rather time-sensitive mission. Will you accept my apology?"

    Bluff check [roll0]

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Reposting botched Bluff roll
    (1d20+5)[13]

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    Kydrak's room

    For the briefest of instants, the shadows in the corners of the room appear to grow deeper and more menacing. The sword in front of Kydrak turns blood-red, and the air in the small chamber grows hot and stifling, as though in front of a furnace.

    A moment later, and all is as it was.

    The Baron's Manor

    Arkov Vandermir seems to consider this for a few moments. Then he removes the pistol from it's leveled position and returns it to the holster. That done, he moves over and takes his own seat at the table, while his guards file in and take up positions around the perimeter of the room.

    "You may as well continue. If you wanted to keep your plans a secret, you'd have done well to chose a more secure location than my own dining room." he says in an offhand fashion.

    Elise, for her part, seems somewhat mollified by Victor's intervention. "Very well. What is it you believe you need our assistance for, then?" she says eventually.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

    Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

    "I shall leave you in peace then"

    Bowing as inoffensively as possible, Hal turns and leaves the room.

    Through his familiar he relays a message to Victor. Well done, I shall await your return to the Horn tomorrow. My safety is in jeopardy, so I will be leaving tomorrow morning. Good luck, try not to die.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hal plans on getting his gear from his hideout near the orphanage and returning to the Horn once he's rested and prepared his spells again. He'll cast Vanish if he thinks he's being followed. In the morning he'll use his circlet to disguise himself as a local boy he knows to buy food. With that and some of the furnishings from his hideout packed up he'll Phantom Steed back to the Horn. Assuming his hosts let him leave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •