New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WotW: Call Forth Darkness IC

Ilvaria bobs a minute curtsey in response to Tiadora's comment.

"My thanks. May we have a means to call you again if such is needed?" She says quietly. She nods respectfully to the two Erinyes.

"My Ladies, it is an honor." She nods to Dessiter. "Shall we be about it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tiadora wordlessly passes over a small clay amulet, much like the previous ones, emblazoned with the sigil of Asmodeus.

Dessiter nods, and takes you arms in a firm grip. There is a flash, the smell of brimstone, and then you are back in the Horn of Abaddon. Those who remained are struck by the apparent differences - Ilvaria is carrying an unusual metal staff seemingly formed from warped silver chains, Kydrak is covered with burns and bruises, and a pair of lean-faced fallen angels stand behind them both.

The contract devil bows once more in your direction. "We will see each other again, I'm sure. Until then, farewell." he says, before vanishing with a crack of displaced air.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quint blinked in surprise, he had expected some kind of bargaining to be going on, and therefore for some item to be acquired, but he hadn't expected the devil's.

"So... Are you going to introduce us to your new friends?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor looks at Kydrak, "You tried talking, didn't you," he says with a chuckle. "Have you noticed that this usually seems to be a bad idea? Perhaps less talking next time, especially when infernals are involved? Just a thought."

He bows elegantly before the devils. "My ladies, I welcome you to the Horn of Abaddon. I am Victor Revilon, and I extend you our full hospitality during your time here." Turning his gaze to Ilvaria, "You are full of surprises, my dear. To what do we owe the honor of our new guests?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Ilvaria curtsies playfully at Victor's comments, flashing a wicked smile at Quint.

"If I wasn't, then working with me wouldn't be fun at all, now would it?" She says, gracefully indicating the two Erinyes. "This is Tisaera and Melonie. They have been seconded to us by Tiadora for the next week - which I think gives us a timescale to track down and acquire the Seventh Knot. As to Kydrak?" She chuckles - the sound disturbingly girlish. "Well, I will say this. It could have been a lot worse for him. Luckily I was along to...negotiate alternate arrangements, shall we say?"
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

6. - Top - End - #756

Kydrak attempts a smile at Victor's comments. "I may have said the wrong things to the wrong person, you seem better with words, maybe you could show me how to keep myself out of some trouble." He then turns to Ilvaria. "May I talk to you in private soon?" Kydrak then falls unconscious on the floor from the intense pain.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Ilvaria chuckles at Kydrak's collapse and shakes her head.

"Silly youngling." She says. "Next time leave the bargaining with a Lord of Hell to those who know at least a little about the protocol involved." She snaps her fingers at the half-elf, lifting him into the air with a casual display of magic. "So, we have a week. Any ideas?"
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2013-01-18 at 12:16 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

8. - Top - End - #758

MindFlayer

Hal's nose curls as a conversation begins in the hall. The devil and his retinue were back. How had he been oblivious to this stench before? So putrid.

Still, better to keep tabs on the developments, he thinks as he moves from his desk to investigate, prepping a spell on his way. Before he takes two steps, his mind is assaulted by Buddy reestablishing the empathic link between them. The conversation in the Hall will have to wait, this was serious.

Several minutes later, after Buddy finishes his shared memory, Hal reclines back in his chair to think. So you didn't recognize the writing or the victims? Strange, what could that witch be planning that she needs to make a spectacle? Drawing Talingarde's attention like that, she must be betting on being able to stay hidden while the Mitrans destroy us.

Whatever it is, you'd better make sure she's not sabotaging the Asmodeans' little shop. There's plenty of cashy-money there that they could take.

Indeed, shall we go organise some unfortunate accidents then?

When he arrives in the Hall, Hal is pleased to see the entire Knot gathered. "This will make it easy then. Buddy's going to go find Hexor, and then I think Ilvaria and I have some news to share with you all."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Religion (from Hal casting Share Memory on Buddy) (1d20+11)[18]
    Knowledge Planes (same thing but maybe its occult?) (1d20+15)[29]

Hal is going to tell them about the murders in Farholde and then segue into killing/capturing the 7th Knot. Unfortunately, he is making a point that Ilvaria has known since her trip but didn't bother telling anyone. He's feeling petty today.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hal, working from the images there, realises that the symbols painted around the interior of the bar are, in fact, exceptionally well known and legitimate Asmodean icons. There's also the phrase 'Stay away from the Horn' written in half a dozen languages in there.

Also, a quick Rumour-check and sightseeing confirms that the Vandermir orphanage recently burned down, killing dozens of children. And that a prominent Devil-affiliated weapon went missing from the Abbey recently.

"Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Quint listens to Hal's news with a blank face, his body language suggesting that he was bored.

On hearing about the markings within the Inn, he comments "Well, it makes sense. What better way to make people go somewhere than to forbid them from doing so? There's not really anything we can do to mitigate the spread of the message now, we'll just have to prepare ourselves for anyone that may come at us."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

11. - Top - End - #761

"We need to be prepared, we have devils in our service now, but that does not mean that we are invincible. But first we need to deal with Elise, while she is alive, a great threat is posed on is that must be vanquished."

12. - Top - End - #762

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor considers for a minute. "What if we don't start with Elise? Might we have an easier time possibly separating one of her pack from the others, and take them down to send a message? Thereby reducing her power?"

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Victor considers for a minute. "What if we don't start with Elise? Might we have an easier time possibly separating one of her pack from the others, and take them down to send a message? Thereby reducing her power?"
    "Do you mean kill another member of her party? That would definitely send her a message. I think we should kill the cleric in the part. Someone who dedicates their life to Asmodeus shouldn't be doing something like this and I'll show him the consequences."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

"You will do no such thing." Ilvaria states coldly at Kydrak's proclamation. "Elise betrayed us. As did one other member of the Knot. The others might be salvageable. Tossing them to the fire would be a waste. And more to the point," her eyes flash with violet fire. "we were asked to return the Knot to the Cardinal. It was not a command, but I suspect it would win us favour. And more, the duty of punishment of those who betray our Lord falls first to a Priest of his power. Most likely why Thorn wishes us to return those who have attempted to sabotage us to him, so that he can levy rightful punishment with the power that is his."

She nods at the two Erinyes.

"Far more importantly, our infernal friends are seconded to us for but one week alone. I would suggest that we make use of their considerable abilities in aiding us. And as to discovering where our little friends are hiding...I have an idea there."
    Show

<struck dumb>

15. - Top - End - #765

SwashbucklerGuy

Victor nods it deference to Ilvaria. "Very well, then. We take them alive, if at all possible. Let's hear your plan for finding the bastards."

"As a secondary, but no less pressing, concern, we find ourselves rather lacking in combat-capable minions at this point. Anyone have any suggestions for "restocking" as it were? I'd prefer them to be of the living variety, personally."

16. - Top - End - #766

"We should do what Ilvaria has done to me. Capture them and make them work for us and make them sign a contract to say that they are ours and should we die, they die in our place. That way they have to stay with us or they will die. And if they stay we can grant them stronger weapons and training to make our fortress stronger than it could ever be."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

wink Voiceover

Later that day, after much weighing of alternatives, strategizing, and communing with far-born, filthy creatures....

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

After utilising Hal's ability to call creatures like his familiar for little to no cost - unsavory as it might be to call upon the aid of daemons over that of a good devil, Ilvaria turns to one of the Erinyes, removing her Iron Circlet from her head and holding her hand out to Mira, who unwinds one of her sashes and hands it to her mistress.

"Tisaera, if you would be so kind as to use these to assume a form different to your own and acquire a few things for us that would aid in the capture of those of the former Seventh?" Pulling a sheaf of paper from her bag, she selects a clean sheet - those close to her notice a great deal of diagrams alongside rather extensive articles of infernal text on the few that they manage to catch a glimpse of before she stows them back into her bag - and notes down several items on the list.

"Some scrolls of Divination, one of that lovely energy drain spell Enervation, and a particular favourite of my mother's." She finishes writing and smiles. "There's an outpost near the Darklands that my mother wrote about - you can get pretty much anything there, and you being not yourself will be expected - in fact, it will likely be applauded if any discover it. Wear the sash though, it'll keep you safe from any do-gooders who you might wander across who might be capable of posing a threat to you. It'll cloak your obvious tendencies towards evil. Oh - and try not to get recruited." The drow chuckles, then looks around at the rest of the assembled Knot. "Sorry, was there anything else that we wanted? Items? Other spells?"
    Show

<struck dumb>

19. - Top - End - #769
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

The fearsome devillin does not flinch at the prospect of being used as a peddler. She waits for you to finish your command, accepts the helpful items, and disappears with a sharp crack, leaving a lingering aroma of sulphur.
    Last edited by increddibelly; 2013-03-23 at 05:20 PM.