New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus Standalone Plot] Triangulation

The ceremony had been wonderfully ornate; the three factions were all represented, and many other groups sent people to attend---after all, better to have an eye on the situation and a good impression on the new partnership.

The hoverlimo pulls smoothly to a stop in the driveway of the manor, its white enamel finish glinting in the noonday sun.
    The 3 brides' luggage had been unpacked this morning by the house's service drones; those same drones come forward to open the door of the limo for them.
    The first out is a girl with shortish, lustrous brown hair and eyes of the same color; her coppery dress glints next to her skin, itself white as the hoverlimo. Fashionably barefoot, she steps out onto the smooth driveway and reaches in to help her new wives out of the car.
    Girls, we're home! She grins, excited both by the opulent house (she was told there was hedge maze and a climbing wall, among other things) and the fact that she'll be able to change out of her dress now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus Standalone Plot] Triangulation

The second girl out has white hair, in a long, loose ponytail, and wears a dress edged in gold, matching the odd implants above her ears She looks around guardedly.
    "I guess we are..." she murmurs.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The last member of the group is pale, though not anywhere near as white as Nike, her base skin tone appearing to actually be somewhat darker than average, the pallor being caused by her having lived on a space station all her life; this is also the reason for her unusually elongated, though not quite disturbingly so, frame, a side-effect of the complete lack of gravity she was born in, and chose to keep in her quarters once she was old enough to choose.

Her hair is around shoulder length, and a brown-black that goes fairly well with the simply designed (though elaborately patterned in green and yellow) black dress she wore.

She pushes away the synthgirl's hand when Nike goes to help her out, making no reply to her assertion, though she does look fleetingly guilty for taking this out on her new wife, since this really isn't her fault, and the assistance was meant well.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike looks a little confused when the space-born girl rejects her help, but shrugs it off as nerves.

She attempts to take the white-haired girl's hand if she's allowed, and looks about to do the same for her other wife---before pulling her hand back almost apologetically.
    Whether those succeed or fail, she'll lead the other girls to the open front door of the house and into the airy, wide front hall.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Arianna lets her help, although she doesn't seem amazingly happy about it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Dessa's hand twitches like she's going to reach out to take Nike's hand after the other girl pulls it away, having noticed that the synth seems to feel bad, though whatever impulse to do so she may have had is quickly suppressed.

In any case, she follows the other two in, and looks around, seeming a little uncomfortable with all of the room.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm gonna... um... go change. Back in a sec, 'kay?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

She gives a nod as the other girl leaves, carefully taking in as much as she can about the surroundings.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Dessa takes in her surrounding as well, though less intently than her wife, leaning against the wall as she does.

A moment or so later, she reaches into a well-concealed pocket for something, though her hand comes out a moment later with nothing in it, a brief look of venomous anger passing over her face. She'd forgotten for a moment that the little instrument she kept on her - along with the rest of them - had been taken away from her shortly before the wedding...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a staircase to a balcony with a door to the east and west; heading to their room, Nike goes to the west doorway.

Back on the first floor, there's an enclosed courtyard with a pool straight ahead if one has entered through the front door, a lavish room for entertaining guests off to the left, and a sunroom off to the right.

Nike soon returns, dressed more casually:

She trots up to her wives, grinning excitedly!
    This place is great!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Arianna is a little unhappy not to have her own room, but doesn't speak. She was told her belongings would be brought here, and is wondering where they might be.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"So says the girl made for this," Dessa points out, probably being unnecessarily cruel, all things considered, especially with the glare she shot Nike's way.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Arianna blinks. That... that was cruel.
    ...she doesn't understand it.
    "...why would you say that?" she asks. It's not entirely offended, she's genuinely confused.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-09-05 at 06:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

((... I was about to mention that being made for this, her specific purposes being protecting the others and being an enjoyable marital partner, was a major insecurity of hers, so good job, psychic dude.))
    Nike stares in shock, eyes moistening and lower lip quivering.
    ... B-but...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

(())

Dessa turns to Arianna, ignoring Nike for the moment; the impression she gives being less 'I'm trying to deal with things one at a time and I'll get to you later', or 'I'm sorry I made you feel horrible; this is why', or even 'I'm simply oblivious to how you feel', and more 'I know you're there, and I know I just made you feel horrible, but I refuse to acknowledge you anyway'.

"Maybe because I was only picked because I was an unwanted member of a family important enough to seal this deal, and thus expendable? I don't know about you, but I wasn't exactly asked if I consented to the marriage, I was told I did, and also that pretty much the only thing I really loved doing was embarrassing to my family, and would mess up the deal, making it forbidden, whether privately or publicly."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

B-but...
    Nike stares at Dessa, hurt and shocked and feeling a little sick. All she wants is to be happy and make them happy and be a good spouse, and Dessa goes taking it all out on her.
    If she's not heartbroken yet, she's approaching it, legs buckling as she slowly crumples to her knees.
    ((Blehhh we need Lixieeeee.))
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-09-05 at 07:36 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"And... why would you blame her for that? You're hurting someone you don't even know." she's mystified, and now a little disturbed.

She doesn't comment on the girl's complaints themselves. No, Arianna knows how horrible the other societies are. She'd really rather they kept on trying to bring them into the fold, but she can't disobey the Unity's wishes.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

((Whoops did I accidentally the posting order.))
    Nike looks up at Arianna, sniffling; it feels a little bit better to know that somebody's standing up for her.
    She looks over at Dessa and tries not to let her throat close up before she can say what she wants.
    I... I-I'm sorry... b-but...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Dessa sighs, shoulders slumping.

"I don't blame her. It's just... Easier. It gives me some kind of control over my life again, sort of. But you're right. Making her hurt too doesn't do any good."

With that, unless something stops her, she turns back to Nike, crouching down next to her wife, and going to gently hug her.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-05 at 08:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike is surprised, but pleasantly so; she hugs back somewhat more tightly, smiling through her tears.
    Thanks, Dessa...
    Ari, wanna join us?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Arianna is pleased by the girl's admittance, and then surprised by the invitiation. "Oh... I... okay..." she smiles slightly, and nervously joins the hug. On touching them, they get a flushed spectrum of thoughts and feelings something along the lines of
    Proudhugblushcutenotsadgood

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Dessa is rather startled by that, not being familiar with the effects of Arianna's implants (or at least, what's presumably their effects), though not really in a bad way, once she gets over the initial shock.

"Well. That was unexpected... Nice, though, really. You've got a good mind."

Should nothing prevent her, she takes one arm from around Nike and uses it to return her other wife's hug.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike smiles a little more.
    Aw, that's cool!
    She puts an arm around Arianna as well, holding them close.
    So, uh... maybe wanna get to know each other and stuff?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

She blushes a little, the thoughts managing to tint pink from amused embarrassment.
    "That sounds sensible..." she says to Nike's suggestion.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

((So does that mean they're now seeing the world through rose-colored thoughts? ))

"Assuming you mean that literally, it sounds like a good idea, yes,"
    Dessa agrees, nodding.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

((More like synesthasia xD It is a pink blush, despite that not normally being a feeling one could have.))

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

She blinks.
    ... How would I not mean it literally?
    She frowns, blinking, and attempts to lead them over to the living room so they can sit on the couch together.
    Let's start wiiiiith...
    Dessa, what kind of stuff are you interested in?

She remembers the girl saying something about the one thing she liked to do being denied her, and she hopes she can hep somehow.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

((So sort of similar to some of the stuff I did here, and especially here?))

Her first question actually gets a smile, if a faint one, out of Dessa, as they head over to the couch. The next, though... Not so much. Not the anger, this time; instead, a flash of sadness, quickly hidden, though still, if Arianna can pick up what they're feeling as well, present in the mental link.

"Music. Some composing, a lot of experimental stuff, a fair bit of playing... Not really an option anymore, though, like I said."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-05 at 09:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

((Oh wow basically identical to that, yeah))

Arianna is shocked, and if they're still touching an electric blue surprise runs through her head.
    "They didn't let you do music?" shock and horror!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Nike tries to hug Dessa more closely.
    That's awful... what instruments did you play? I'll see if I can get some for you...
    She frowns, unhappy with Dessa's plight; she'd be absolutely miserable if she was told not to, for example, go out and climb things incessantly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show