New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Mane Pony Thread

OOC Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread

Grills' Spa and Grill: Grills's Grill is a recently re-opened high class restaurant where he, you guessed it, grills things. In keeping with the show, what he grills is entirely made of vegetable matter. The second floor of the building is where the Spa is located. This is where a pony can have a dip in the hot springs and mudbaths, or get a massage.

Scarlet's Boutique:Scarlet's Boutique is similar to Rarity's boutique, and even has dresses supplied to her by Rarity. There is even a nice selection of suits, ties, and collars for stallions and colts. The boutique doubles as a salon for ponies looking for a new manestyle.

Snickerdoodle's Bakery: Snickerdoodle's Bakery is the town's main place to get baked goods. From cupcakes to cookies, a pony can get their pastry fix here... if they wake up the baker. Desserts purchased at the Grill can be found here as Grills gets his final courses at Snickerdoodle's.

Eclair's Restaurant: Eclair's Restaurant is a nice place. The environment tends to change a lot depending on time of day, and who it looks like her clientele will be at the time. However, most consistently, Eclair's restaurant is the kind of place colts and fillies go out on first dates when either are short on cash. Eclair's isn't a place you go to impress the person you're dating, it's where you go when you want to have a good time, but can't afford the Grill.

Greif's Cafe/Sports Bar: During the day, Greif the griffin operates a cafe that serves a variety of coffees, sandwiches, and other drinks or snacks. Once evening falls, the menu changes to include a wide range of ciders and various snacks that are probably more delicious than healthy, and they even open up a game room."

Please list which location your character is at to make this flow as smooooothly as possible.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-16 at 08:48 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Yellow giggles and trots over to the colt
    "Oh Garion's. That is the hard way. Move the potato and not your head. Like this." The big mare sits on her haunches, hold her own pink peeler in mouth, and ran the potato smoothly across the peeler in one slick motion.
    Garion tried copying her, but that required a certain practiced finesse that he just didn't have. Swing and a miss, swipe and a miss, each time, the potato and peeler refused to meet. Only by slowing himself down (to the point where the peeler was shaking from all that sugar) could he gently scrape away a bit of the potato skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Yea...because if he was in the air, surely you would have saw him,...urgh....this is kinda frustrating to be honest, he's losing points here. I'm doing this for him, when I could be working on the Clunker, working out the kinks to get it to hover, or making out with you, either way I'm missing out," Her spirits were chipping away as she found herself frustrated and complaining.
    Now that they were closer, Sandy could make out a bit more of what they were saying. And he wasn't sure how to feel about it. Somehow, he was in the wrong for running off? Well, yeah, it was kind of a jerk move, and maybe he should've tried talking them out of the dates, but it wasn't really his choice to get dragged off to the Spa. Or was it? I mean, maybe if he'd put up more resistance at home...

Within the dumpster, the sandy-maned stallion bit his lip in agitation as he heard his friends complaining.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion tried copying her, but that required a certain practiced finesse that he just didn't have. Swing and a miss, swipe and a miss, each time, the potato and peeler refused to meet. Only by slowing himself down (to the point where the peeler was shaking from all that sugar) could he gently scrape away a bit of the potato skin.
    Yellow saw the colt and his struggles. She was urged by sympathy to get him something else to do. That is when she remembered the cream sauce. "Umm.. Garion, can you help me stir the sauce?"

Even if he messed it up, Grill wont have anypony to yell at.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Yellow saw the colt and his struggles. She was urged by sympathy to get him something else to do. That is when she remembered the cream sauce. "Umm.. Garion, can you help me stir the sauce?"

Even if he messed it up, Grill wont have anypony to yell at.
    Garion gladly put down the half-peeled potato and his peeler. "Okay, Miss Yellow. I can stir alright." He followed the mare over to the pot/pan/whatever of sauce and, picking up a big stirring spoon with both forehooves, started to slowly stir the thick sauce. His size made it a bit difficult to maneuver the spoon around, but so long as he kept his balance on his hind hooves, he should be fine.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion gladly put down the half-peeled potato and his peeler. "Okay, Miss Yellow. I can stir alright." He followed the mare over to the pot/pan/whatever of sauce and, picking up a big stirring spoon with both forehooves, started to slowly stir the thick sauce. His size made it a bit difficult to maneuver the spoon around, but so long as he kept his balance on his hind hooves, he should be fine.
    Chilly turned around and peered at the cooking colt. "Yellow, did you take my helper now?"

"He's my helper now. And he's wonderful." Yellow gave the much smaller pony a squeeze. One hoof remained to help him balance. The mare emitted this cool big sister vibe onto the environment with her smile and cheerfulness.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Chilly turned around and peered at the cooking colt. "Yellow, did you take my helper now?"

"He's my helper now. And he's wonderful." Yellow gave the much smaller pony a squeeze. One hoof remained to help him balance. The mare emitted this cool big sister vibe onto the environment with her smile and cheerfulness.
    (Oh crud, thought I'd responded to this)

A doofy smile crept onto the little colt's face as he started to stir a little harder. The kitchen just felt so warm and cozy, like when Miss Gwyn would tuck him in at night, he nearly gave the yellow mare a nuzzle by mistake. But a few stirs later, his ears started to droop. He guiltily looked back to the older mare and her bag of taters. "I'm sorry, Grandma, potatoes just aren't my thing. Can I help you with something else later?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that they were closer, Sandy could make out a bit more of what they were saying. And he wasn't sure how to feel about it. Somehow, he was in the wrong for running off? Well, yeah, it was kind of a jerk move, and maybe he should've tried talking them out of the dates, but it wasn't really his choice to get dragged off to the Spa. Or was it? I mean, maybe if he'd put up more resistance at home...

Within the dumpster, the sandy-maned stallion bit his lip in agitation as he heard his friends complaining.
    "Well, he's definitely not in the air... and he's not up in the rooftops either..." Silverpine said, rubbing his chin. He noticed Gear's little rant and wrapped a wing around her. "Cheer up. It'll be worth it. He's our friend after all."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Well, he's definitely not in the air... and he's not up in the rooftops either..." Silverpine said, rubbing his chin. He noticed Gear's little rant and wrapped a wing around her. "Cheer up. It'll be worth it. He's our friend after all."

"Blargh,"
    She uttered before smiling a little and squirmed. "Your feathers are tickling...err...Right, we'll ah, find him and stuff."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Bakery

"Eh, it might be kinda rude to just run up and take his trash. I mean, kinda makes a bad first impression..." Snickers says. "Plus, he's new in town. We should give him a warm welcome."

"Isn't tampering with the trash a federal offense?" Uncle Flapjack asks aloud.

Snickers raises an eyebrow. "I don't know, is it? I thought we were a monarchy."
    "It could be a monarchical offense...But it's not anyway. That's mail."

She finished up her flapjacks and nodded.

"Then I guess we should go ask for boxes. And maybe a hoof-dolly....And maybe a glass of milk."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(Oh crud, thought I'd responded to this)

A doofy smile crept onto the little colt's face as he started to stir a little harder. The kitchen just felt so warm and cozy, like when Miss Gwyn would tuck him in at night, he nearly gave the yellow mare a nuzzle by mistake. But a few stirs later, his ears started to droop. He guiltily looked back to the older mare and her bag of taters. "I'm sorry, Grandma, potatoes just aren't my thing. Can I help you with something else later?"
    "Sure dearie. But don't give up on 'tatoes yet. Perhaps you can help an old mare mash them up. You like mashing things, right?" Chilly smiled the peeler hanging out her mouth flapping up and down as she talked.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "It could be a monarchical offense...But it's not anyway. That's mail."

She finished up her flapjacks and nodded.

"Then I guess we should go ask for boxes. And maybe a hoof-dolly....And maybe a glass of milk."
    Bakery ----> Greif's Cafe

Snickers nods. "Alright. Uncle Flapjack can stay here, and we can go bug Mr. Griffin. Let's get going then."

A minute or so later, Snickers (with Foxglove mostly likely in accompaniment) approaches the new store across the street. The griffin is just finishing tossing a few small cardboard boxes into the large dumpster set up next to the shop, when he takes notice of the two ponies approaching. "Oh well hi there neighbors!" the griffin proclaims warmly, his beak curling into a grin. He quickly strides over to meet them, and extends a golden talon out to Snickers. "Name's Greif. Greif Lowe. Retired Griffin Air Force, and proud owner of a new combo cafe and sports bar."

"My name is Snickerdoodle," Snickers replies with a friendly smile. He extends a hoof in turn, but is slightly caught off guard when Greif grabs it and shakes it more vigorously than expected. Regaining his balance, Snickers adds: "I own the bakery across the street."

"Oh coolness!" Greif exclaimed. "I may need to bug you later about a business deal or something." He then turns to Foxglove, and flashes a charming grin. "And who might you be, m'lady?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

The Grill, the Changeling, and the Dolt Colt.

"So, Spark, you seem awful proud of your Grandpa. Why don't you tell me more about him?" she requests.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The Grill, the Changeling, and the Dolt Colt.

"So, Spark, you seem awful proud of your Grandpa. Why don't you tell me more about him?" she requests.

"Well, he was in the Wonderbolts, captain actually. Very awesome and cool, fun, was really the closest pony I had to a father figure, until he passed away some years ago. Inspiring, oh, and the goggles I wear all the time, those were his Wonderbolt goggles, told me they helped bring out the magic from you,"
    Spark smiled and pat his chest. He couldn't help but have a happy, pleased and dopey smile on his face when he talked about his grandpa.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure dearie. But don't give up on 'tatoes yet. Perhaps you can help an old mare mash them up. You like mashing things, right?" Chilly smiled the peeler hanging out her mouth flapping up and down as she talked.
    It was hard, stirring with a big spoon and talking to Grandma at the same time. The colt was starting to teeter a little off-balance and tilt the sauce pan/pot/container a bit whenever the spoon hit it just right. "Mashing? Is that anything like crashing?" the colt asked innocently.

(Also, I believe FwM Grills has a mare to contend with here)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-16 at 08:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Bakery ----> Greif's Cafe

Snickers nods. "Alright. Uncle Flapjack can stay here, and we can go bug Mr. Griffin. Let's get going then."

A minute or so later, Snickers (with Foxglove mostly likely in accompaniment) approaches the new store across the street. The griffin is just finishing tossing a few small cardboard boxes into the large dumpster set up next to the shop, when he takes notice of the two ponies approaching. "Oh well hi there neighbors!" the griffin proclaims warmly, his beak curling into a grin. He quickly strides over to meet them, and extends a golden talon out to Snickers. "Name's Greif. Greif Lowe. Retired Griffin Air Force, and proud owner of a new combo cafe and sports bar."

"My name is Snickerdoodle," Snickers replies with a friendly smile. He extends a hoof in turn, but is slightly caught off guard when Greif grabs it and shakes it more vigorously than expected. Regaining his balance, Snickers adds: "I own the bakery across the street."

"Oh coolness!" Greif exclaimed. "I may need to bug you later about a business deal or something." He then turns to Foxglove, and flashes a charming grin. "And who might you be, m'lady?"
    "I might by the Higgs-Boson Particle. At least, I like to think people were looking for me before they found me.... Or I might be a fish one day. I'd like that... I might..."

This last one struck her very suddenly and worried her, because it was an entirely new thought: I might be a pony somepony loves. The idea got her thinking about...Well, a lot of related ideas. Birds. Picnics (she could be a picinic basket, with picinic food inside her...After she ate a picinic)...Cloud-dancing...

"...I might be a cloud. But I don't think I will be. I might be the grass one day, and bits of me might become lots of things."

There. Onto Death.

"I am definately somepony who needs a box."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-08-16 at 09:56 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif stares for a moment. He then chuckles heartily, and shakes his head. "Well, I don't know much about Big Boston particles, or fish..." he pauses, then decides not to say anything about knowing a good fried catfish recipes. "But I do know a thing or two about clouds. And," he grins charmingly, "I think I might have a box or two laying around you can use, Miss...?" he extends a talon to Foxglove, expecting a shake and a name.

Snickers tries not to smirk, and decides to wait until later to ask her why she wants to be a fish.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, he was in the Wonderbolts, captain actually. Very awesome and cool, fun, was really the closest pony I had to a father figure, until he passed away some years ago. Inspiring, oh, and the goggles I wear all the time, those were his Wonderbolt goggles, told me they helped bring out the magic from you,"
    Spark smiled and pat his chest. He couldn't help but have a happy, pleased and dopey smile on his face when he talked about his grandpa.
    "Oh? In what way do they bring out the magic in you?" Beautiful Nightmare asked the dolt colt.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh? In what way do they bring out the magic in you?" Beautiful Nightmare asked the dolt colt.

"Nothin' really, its more his words than something tangible the goggles do, call me sentimental but that's okay..in this case, heheh,"
    He answered giving her a smile and then dipped his muzzle for another go at a his tofu dish thing.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

It was hard, stirring with a big spoon and talking to Grandma at the same time. The colt was starting to teeter a little off-balance and tilt the sauce pan/pot/container a bit whenever the spoon hit it just right. "Mashing? Is that anything like crashing?" the colt asked innocently.

"A little." answered the elder mare.

Yellow slowed Garion's stirring and took control of the spoon. "Why don't you sit by Mom."

"Yes, come Garion. Let;s not have your caretakers walk in on your doing Yellow's work."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"A little." answered the elder mare.

Yellow slowed Garion's stirring and took control of the spoon. "Why don't you sit by Mom."

"Yes, come Garion. Let;s not have your caretakers walk in on your doing Yellow's work."
    Garion scampered over to the nice old mare and plopped down right next to her. "So we have to take the potatoes, and crash them together, right?" he asked eagerly. Mister Grills would be happy to have a more experienced helper in the kitchen, cooking with him was always a blast.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Chilly

"Almost. You have to hit the potato with this masher hammer." Chilly stated as she waved a wooden mallet in her hooves. Oh course this is not how you make mashed potatoes but Chilly knew who much colts relish in destruction.

Grills

Grills stepped down and motioned to escort Gwyn to the kitchen. "Come, sugarplum."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion

And so Gwynfillion walked over to wherever Chilly was with Garion.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Chilly

"Almost. You have to hit the potato with this masher hammer." Chilly stated as she waved a wooden mallet in her hooves. Of course this is not how you make mashed potatoes but Chilly knew who much colts relish in destruction.
    Garion took one of the potatoes and gingerly set it down on the counter. With both forelegs, he grasped the masher and laid it juuust on top of the potato. The colt lifted the hammer, only to stop it just short. Up, down, stop. Up, down, stop. Again and again. The aim just had to be perfect; this wasn't mashing counters, after all. He brought the hammer up high, higher than any try before, and brought it smashing down onto the potato with all his foalish strength, reducing the potato to mush with a loud *splat!*

Garion's forelegs trembled uncontrollably, and his face started to glow. Bigger, bigger, bigger until it seemed his grin would fall right off his face. "That. Was. Incredible!" the colt cried out in sheer delight. The hammer stayed put; he couldn't even bring himself to lift it again.

He didn't even notice as his caretakers trotted into the kitchen.

(Chilly what have you done you've doomed us all)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-17 at 05:47 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

And wouldn't you know, Grills would walk in to see the whole thing. "MOM!"

Chilly disn't turn around. She simply kept peeling potatoes. "Grilly, no yelling."

"Garion. He's.. He's"

"He's helping me. He's a good assistant." she calmly said.

"But this is a ljkfljvjkfdjsvjsd."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

"Blargh,"
    She uttered before smiling a little and squirmed. "Your feathers are tickling...err...Right, we'll ah, find him and stuff."
    "Um... yeah. Shall we start searching around here?" He half-heartedly began to turn about a few empty box strewn about in the alley, in the faint hope that one of them might reveal a small blue pegasus.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Um... yeah. Shall we start searching around here?" He half-heartedly began to turn about a few empty box strewn about in the alley, in the faint hope that one of them might reveal a small blue pegasus.
    From just searching the fenced-in area, they wouldn't find anything more of note. The dumpsters were all full of old, gross flowers, leaving hardly any room for a pony to hide, even one of Sandy's size. And the boxes either were empty, or full of those aforementioned paper wrappers. Oh, and one empty, overturned box had a family of possums snoring peacefully inside. But no pegasus in sight.

(Waiting for Gwyn before continuing with Garion)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-17 at 06:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Gwynfillion stood there a little durrrr at the scene before her. From her perspective it wasn't so bad as Grills' reaction made it seem. Life skills, Garion was learning a life skill of mashing potatoes. Okay, making a mess here wasn't a life skill. So she stood there all durrr like.

"Lolwut?"

-----------------

Gearstride

"If we don't find him, wanna just make out? That'll lift my spirits, heh..."
    A half smile formed on her face as she helped look around and peered into the three crates/dumpsters in this fenced off area.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"Nothin' really, its more his words than something tangible the goggles do, call me sentimental but that's okay..in this case, heheh,"
    He answered giving her a smile and then dipped his muzzle for another go at a his tofu dish thing.
    "Yeah, that's definitely fine." Beautiful Nightmare said. It definitely wasn't in a disapproving manner. She continued to eat her kabobs and drink her lemonade. "I don't really follow the wonderbolts, or sports in general much. Want to tell me a bit about them?" Beautiful Nightmare asks.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, that's definitely fine." Beautiful Nightmare said. It definitely wasn't in a disapproving manner. She continued to eat her kabobs and drink her lemonade. "I don't really follow the wonderbolts, or sports in general much. Want to tell me a bit about them?" Beautiful Nightmare asks.
    "Well, they're a stunt flyer team, representing some of the best acrobatic pegasi, they also do competitive racing,and also a sort of emergency task force for the princess though with the late times of peace, they're kinda soft in that area," Spark chuckled and shook his head. He used to read a lot on equestrian military of the olden days, when it used to be bad flank.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, they're a stunt flyer team, representing some of the best acrobatic pegasi, they also do competitive racing,and also a sort of emergency task force for the princess though with the late times of peace, they're kinda soft in that area," Spark chuckled and shook his head. He used to read a lot on equestrian military of the olden days, when it used to be bad flank.
    "Ah, yes, I heard about that little fiasco in Ponyville. Not exactly their best work." she says in an amused tone. "Have you ever seen one of their races or shows?" she asked.