New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Woohoo! All thoughts of the picnic were temporarily dispelled amidst a sea of joy. Garion stacked up the last of the drawings and flew into Grill's barrel for a gigantic hug.
    Grills snatched up the colt with his stalliony foreleg. He lightly nuzzled Garion on instinct. For a moment he wondered why he was so compelled to hold him. But he was. "Garion, can you keep a promise for me?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills snatched up the colt with his stalliony foreleg. He lightly nuzzled Garion on instinct. For a moment he wondered why he was so compelled to hold him. But he was. "Garion, can you keep a promise for me?"
    Garion looked up at his caretaker, confused. "Promise? What's a promise? Is it like a secret?" The gaps in his education were piecemeal, and mostly up to the whims of the Amishman.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion looked up at his caretaker, confused. "Promise? What's a promise? Is it like a secret?" The gaps in his education were piecemeal, and mostly up to the whims of the Amishman.
    Grills noticed the confused face. He was trying to trick Garion into compliance with a mission. That would confuse a colt. ""Not a secret. I just need you to be a brave colt. I need you to take care of Miss Gwynfillion, Grandma Chily, and anypony important to me when I am not around. Okay? I am counting on you to keep them happy. Okay?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Grills noticed the confused face. He was trying to trick Garion into compliance with a mission. That would confuse a colt. ""Not a secret. I just need you to be a brave colt. I need you to take care of Miss Gwynfillion, Grandma Chily, and anypony important to me when I am not around. Okay? I am counting on you to keep them happy. Okay?"
    Take care? Keep ponies happy? Now Mister Grills was talking his language. Garion wormed his way onto the ground and stood up stock-straight with a little stomp of his hoof. "Yessir, Mister Grilssir!" Really, did he even need to ask? "I'll tickle them silly and give all the hydras the worst bellyaches ever!" He bared his teeth ferociously, and lightly brushed Grills' nose with his mane.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Take care? Keep ponies happy? Now Mister Grills was talking his language. Garion wormed his way onto the ground and stood up stock-straight with a little stomp of his hoof. "Yessir, Mister Grilssir!" Really, did he even need to ask? "I'll tickle them silly and give all the hydras the worst bellyaches ever!" He bared his teeth ferociously, and lightly brushed Grills' nose with his mane.
    "Attaboy. I knew I can count on you." Another headpat and maneruffle. Grills hoped the new mission would anchor Garion until he and Gwynfillion return. Only time will tell. "Garion, you need a smaller chef's hat. Come with me."

Grills let go of the boy and trotted to his bedroom. The destination was his small closet.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

"Attaboy. I knew I can count on you." Another headpat and maneruffle. Grills hoped the new mission would anchor Garion until he and Gwynfillion return. Only time will tell. "Garion, you need a smaller chef's hat. Come with me."

Grills let go of the boy and trotted to his bedroom. The destination was his small closet.
    A...a small chef's hat?

For him?

Oh. Sweet. Goodness.

A true gentlecolt doesn't squeal, a true gentlecolt doesn't squeal, a true gentlecolt doesn't squeal... Even with his vast reserves of willpower, Garion had to bite down on his lip to keep from any "uncouth" (Miss Gwyn really liked that word) noises. Around his teeth, the corners of his mouth stretched up in a gigantic grin as he bounce-trotted along behind Mister Grills.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Blitz obliviously does not notice this as he jumps in place slightly. He really must hate standing still. "So boss man, do I get a snazzy name tag like Stopsie over there? Also when do you want me to start, cause I can start ASAP if you want."

The falcon on his head gives, what is almost and affirmative screech as it keeps it's perch almost effortlessly. It's as if it's used to Blitz's constant motion. "See? Even Falco's ready for action."

Spin's eye twitches. Her horn flares with bright pink energy, and a plate hovers up from the kitchen counter behind her. However, just as it is flung towards the disrespectful pegasus, Greif grabs it out of the air, and while maintaining a charming smile, he starts to casually spin it on the tip of a talon.

"I'm afraid I've got nothing for you to do right now. Place is already clean, customers are all attended to. Won't really have much for you to do until tonight, when we open the sports bar and change up the menus. We'll probably be a lot busier around then. Oh, and you'll get your tag when you earn it," the griffin says with a wink.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A...a small chef's hat?

For him?

Oh. Sweet. Goodness.

A true gentlecolt doesn't squeal, a true gentlecolt doesn't squeal, a true gentlecolt doesn't squeal... Even with his vast reserves of willpower, Garion had to bite down on his lip to keep from any "uncouth" (Miss Gwyn really liked that word) noises. Around his teeth, the corners of his mouth stretched up in a gigantic grin as he bounce-trotted along behind Mister Grills.
    "Where is it? I forgot I had so many toques." Grills floated up and out many circular hatboxes. During brief openings, they would see white hats, red ones, black hats, one with a dozen pleats, another with a hundred pleats.

Finally the head chef found his hat and slid the box in front of the colt. Grills floated the little colt white pleated hat. "This is one of the hat worn be me given by one of my masters. Now I am giving it to you."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Grills Apartment

The plum mare suddenly appeared by Grills' couch with a crispy basket and slightly singed toys. She tried to magic the toys a bit to keep them safe from her teleportation. She looked a little wary and had a little bit of dirt on one of her hooves. She glanced around the room and found herself staring at the boys, Grills and Garion.

"Oh...hello there..ah.."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-15 at 08:39 AM.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

"Where is it? I forgot I had so many toques." Grills floated up and out many circular hatboxes. During brief openings, they would see white hats, red ones, black hats, one with a dozen pleats, another with a hundred pleats.

Finally the head chef found his hat and slid the box in front of the colt. Grills floated the little colt white pleated hat. "This is one of the hat worn be me given by one of my masters. Now I am giving it to you."
    If the colt's eyes got any wider, they'd be staging a hostile takeover of the rest of his face. Garion reached out a shaking forehoof, daring to steal just a touch from the magnificent headwear. "I-I'll take very very good care of it. I won't headbutt any hydras with it on my head. I'll keep it really really clean and have Miss Gwyn show me how to give it baths. I won't put it in the oven and bake a hat-cake. And I'll always put it back in its box. And...and..." What else did he have to promise to get that glorious, glorious hat on his little noggin?!

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

"Don't worry so much. It's yours to do as you like, kiddo. It is even flameproof, water resistant, and has a dirt shield so it shouldn't burn nor get too dirty." Grills needed all hiss willpower to not well up with pride. An eager young potential chef. This is what his masters saw of him.

Then he thought of his mother. This was probably how she felt when he joined the Academy.

Luckily Gwynfillion came in as a distraction "Go show Miss Gwynfillion your hat."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

[Garion - Hats Make Everything Better]

Garion didn't need to be told twice. He jammed the hat down firmly over his head, and bounded over to Miss Gwyn. "Miss Gwyn! Mister Grills gave me a chef hat!" He posed proudly in what he pictured to be a chef-ing pose; reared up on his hind legs, one foreleg outstretched holding an imaginary pan. "Soon he's going to let me cook in the kitchen and everything!" The colt grinned, hardly able to contain his excitement. Funny, that a colt so full of life and light would even register a blip on the Dark Forces' radar. Perhaps there really was something locked away inside of him. The mind does strange things in dreams, after all...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-15 at 05:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Garion didn't need to be told twice. He jammed the hat down firmly over his head, and bounded over to Miss Gwyn. "Miss Gwyn! Mister Grills gave me a chef hat!" He posed proudly in what he pictured to be a chef-ing pose; reared up on his hind legs, one foreleg outstretched holding an imaginary pan. "Soon he's going to let me cook in the kitchen and everything!" The colt grinned, hardly able to contain his excitement. Funny, that a colt so full of life and light would even register a blip on the Dark Forces' radar. Perhaps there really was something locked away inside of him. The mind does strange things in dreams, after all...

"Oh..oh..hey Garion...oh my...somepony's looking professional,"
    She smiled and set the basket down. "Well, Grills is a great chef, so you're in the best of hooves, though now I do expect a nice fancy breakfast from you in the future." She said playfully and lightly bopped his muzzle with her hoof.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Oh..oh..hey Garion...oh my...somepony's looking professional,"
    She smiled and set the basket down. "Well, Grills is a great chef, so you're in the best of hooves, though now I do expect a nice fancy breakfast from you in the future." She said playfully and lightly bopped his muzzle with her hoof.
    "Great chef? I think I have surpassed the adjective 'great' a while ago. Master chef is more correct. or Awesome chef as the foals would say." Grills said as he came in to greet his mare.

Gwynfillion might catch Grills sneaking a peek at his watch. He was wondering how much time he had before they should go.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

"Great chef? I think I have surpassed the adjective 'great' a while ago. Master chef is more correct. or Awesome chef as the foals would say." Grills said as he came in to greet his mare.

Gwynfillion might catch Grills sneaking a peek at his watch. He was wondering how much time he had before they should go.

"Oh, is it time for your stallion night out thing, honey?"
    The plum mare asked.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh, is it time for your stallion night out thing, honey?"
    The plum mare asked.
    "The game is far off but I will have to collect the guys soon," Grills said. He trotted past Garion and snuck a nuzzle in. "I'll go remind Mom to stick around so she can foalsit Garion after we L-E-A-V-E for vacation. "

Then he disappeared.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

She watched Grills teleport away and then directed her attention at Garion. "Hey Garion, I brought some of your toys like your red ball, tin spinning top, and Flinky. [slinky]"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Garion giggled as the tickling nuzzle caught him off-guard. Then at Miss Gwyn's call, he bounded over to her to inspect his toys. Compared to the average foal, his toy situation was likely spartan, but he didn't seem to mind. He stuck his muzzle into the basket as he plucked out his toys one by one, only stopping as he was pulling out his Flinky. His nostrils flared as he took a big sniff. "Huh. Flinky smells weird today..." he mused aloud. The colt laid out on his belly, inspecting it with little pokes and sniffs. "What'd you do, Flinky? Where'd you get that smell from?"

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Dwnstairs

Poof!

"Ma. You remember that you promised to watch Garion for me overnight, right?"

The older lady was sitting a table, cutting peaches. She didn't even turn around to answer. "How could I forget. I'll stay down here in the for a while 'fore I go and it the house ready. You just bring the boy when, you two are ready to go."

Grills walked over to Chily, whispered his thanks, kissed her forehead and disappeared once more. This time to the Tower.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Garion giggled as the tickling nuzzle caught him off-guard. Then at Miss Gwyn's call, he bounded over to her to inspect his toys. Compared to the average foal, his toy situation was likely spartan, but he didn't seem to mind. He stuck his muzzle into the basket as he plucked out his toys one by one, only stopping as he was pulling out his Flinky. His nostrils flared as he took a big sniff. "Huh. Flinky smells weird today..." he mused aloud. The colt laid out on his belly, inspecting it with little pokes and sniffs. "What'd you do, Flinky? Where'd you get that smell from?"

"Mmm, well Flinky may have had an incident in teleporting over here...but ah...its fine...."
    A couple of loopies...or whatever were stuck together.

"Its fine, it still flinks...uh....nevermind....I can get you a new one if you'd like."
    Someone felt guilty.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm, well Flinky may have had an incident in teleporting over here...but ah...its fine...."
    A couple of loopies...or whatever were stuck together.

"Its fine, it still flinks...uh....nevermind....I can get you a new one if you'd like."
    Someone felt guilty.
    Garion gave the toy a few more good sniffs, before grabbing it up in his teeth and shaking it like a dog. The Flinky flinked all over the place with that trademark wibbly wobbly motion. Sure, the few links made it a little lopsided, but when he shook it hard enough, you could hardly tell. With a satisfied nod, he let the Flinky re-compress. "Flinky still dances like she should." A pass for Miss Gwyn then. Probably.

He went to inspect his other toys, giving the ball a few good test bounces, and the top and nice, strong spin.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-16 at 11:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

Garion gave the toy a few more good sniffs, before grabbing it up in his teeth and shaking it like a dog. The Flinky flinked all over the place with that trademark wibbly wobbly motion. Sure, the few links made it a little lopsided, but when he shook it hard enough, you could hardly tell. With a satisfied nod, he let the Flinky re-compress. "Flinky still dances like she should." A pass for Miss Gwyn then. Probably.

He went to inspect his other toys, giving the ball a few good test bounces, and the top and nice, strong spin.
    The rest of his toys seemed fine. Gwynfillion watched him play a little and wondered if she should get him a new toy, after all, he's been a good colt.

"Mmm, what sort of toys and games do you like Garion?"
    She asked.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

The rest of his toys seemed fine. Gwynfillion watched him play a little and wondered if she should get him a new toy, after all, he's been a good colt.

"Mmm, what sort of toys and games do you like Garion?"
    She asked.
    Good colt? The little guy faced down a hydra for her, he best be getting at least a pat on the back or something.

"Fun games!" Garion replied enthusiastically. "Like tag, pillow-fights, races, catapults, jumping off of stuff, hopping contests, not-baths, dancing, wagon-rides..." The colt kept listing anything that came to mind that he thought was fun. Perhaps there was a pattern to it, or perhaps he was just being silly without realizing it.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Good colt? The little guy faced down a hydra for her, he best be getting at least a pat on the back or something.

"Fun games!" Garion replied enthusiastically. "Like tag, pillow-fights, races, catapults, jumping off of stuff, hopping contests, not-baths, dancing, wagon-rides..." The colt kept listing anything that came to mind that he thought was fun. Perhaps there was a pattern to it, or perhaps he was just being silly without realizing it.

"Uh huh...okay......well, how about a teddy bear? Do you like teddy bears?"
    Yea, Gwynfillion was not going to get a catapult, that's for sure.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

This is when Grills came through the front door. "Okay everything is all set up so..."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh huh...okay......well, how about a teddy bear? Do you like teddy bears?"
    Yea, Gwynfillion was not going to get a catapult, that's for sure.
    Garion furrowed his brow, mirroring Miss Gwyn when she had a long think. "If it's a really really squishy one...I think I can make it work." The colt nodded; his plans could allow for a teddy bear, apparently.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

This is when Grills came through the front door. "Okay everything is all set up so..."
    Garion furrowed his brow, mirroring Miss Gwyn when she had a long think. "If it's a really really squishy one...I think I can make it work." The colt nodded; his plans could allow for a teddy bear, apparently.

"Yes, it will be a really squishy one and huggable...and stuff.."
    Gwynfillion said as then Grills appeared.

"Oh, hey there sweetie, back already eh? heh."

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion said as then Grills appeared.

"Oh, hey there sweetie, back already eh? heh."
    "Yeah. Just wanted to get a hug in before I go pick up the guys." Grills said.

Saying goodbye to Garion never got easier or less awkward. At least Sugar couldn't talk back and she would come to him. Garion was a colt and Grills didn't quite get their relationship yet. "Now Garion, you be a good boy."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion said as then Grills appeared.[COLOR="Plum"]
    Garion certainly seemed pacified with that. He would've said more, but then Grills returned, and he was far too busy with bounding over to greet his other caretaker.

"Yeah. Just wanted to get a hug in before I go pick up the guys." Grills said.

Saying goodbye to Garion never got easier or less awkward. At least Sugar couldn't talk back and she would come to him. Garion was a colt and Grills didn't quite get their relationship yet. "Now Garion, you be a good boy."
    He stood stock-straight and gave a stiff, military-style salute. "Only the goodest, Mister Grills!" The colt gave an over-exaggerated wink to Mister Grills, letting him know for sure that he knew what he meant. But it was okay; he did it on the side opposite Miss Gwyn, so there's absolutely no way she could see it. At least, that's what he thought.

In actuality, if Miss Gwyn didn't notice the massive dip-and-lean gesture the colt made with his head, then she'd probably notice the fact that he winked with both eyes a few times.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

Gwyfillion just placed her hoof on the side of her head and shook her head, eyes closed. "Anyways, alright, well, you have fun dear, Garion and I will figure out what we're going to do."