New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    He waved to Purple, oblivous to her confusion, before retreating back to Miss Gwyn's side. Her warning went over his head. After all, he'd opened the door all on his own, and not a single bad thing happened. Maybe there was more to that warning? He could ask her later.

There were a lot of words there. Some of them very long, most of them very angry, and a few he'd never even heard before. The list of things to ask Miss Gwyn about kept growing and growing. For now, he trotted forward hesitantly, not wanting to stray too far from Miss Gwyn. "Miss? Um, are you upset?" he asked with genuine curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwynfillion sorta just stood there with a tight lipped and wide eyed expression. "Nice to ah..see you too Purple."

"Uh...well...you can check the bathroom for your manespray uh, yea."
    (consider this as just an extension of the previous Purple ramble. No need to undate posts.)

Before poor Gwyn can injet herself into the conversation or protect her charge from the chaotic spring of insanity which erupts regularly from Mount Purple, Purple's rant continues. "I mean it is not MY fault the stallion version of the spray is called Snap Hold and has crocodiles on it. It smells like a stallion while the mare's version smells like vanilla. It has pink bunnies on it a reason. A reason. That right there is why I have it. I need the volume and shine and bunnies and chocolate for when I am the super cute action diva star daredevil. Wait. Is it chocolate scented, vanilla scented, or unscented. You see How can I wrestle the wind if the wind has my mane?"

Purple then inhales deeply. "I mean.. how is a super cute diva stat daredevil club owner suppose to own a club with flat hair. Look at at it. It is flat. Two dimensional. One dimensional. Zero dimensional. Negative one dimensional. I mean... My hair is practically going backwards in time. You know science, Gwynfillion so I am sure you know the theories on temporal mane physics and the dangers of split ends on an atomic level."

""Psst. Gwyn. Who's the kid? I didn't know you had foals."Then she eventually turned to Garion. "Just a little upset, kid. What's your name?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

[Grills' Apartment]

Garion scowled at the 'kid' comment. "My name is Garion, and I am a proper gentlecolt," he said emphatically, bowing politely. "And a gentlecolt does not let a Miss or a Lady get upset. How can I help you get un-upset?"

Perhaps he did resemble a mini-Grills a bit more than she thought.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay.

Yeah.

This place?

She's got a good feeling about this place. Or at least she's pretty sure that's a good feeling. It gets hard to tell sometimes. But this is at least close to what she's pretty sure a good feeling should feel like. That is to say, she's optimistic.

It's hard not to be optimistic after that last town. Oof! That was a mess if ever there was one. Flew to pieces in ten seconds flat. Dropped right down to Tartaurus in a basket, one might say. Can hardly blame her for it, though. Wasn't even remotely her fault!

Okay.

Maybe it was sort of her fault. Just a little.

Just a tiny bit of responsibility there. To be fair deciding to take a shot at getting that snob of a mare into trouble had backfired tremendously. She had totally deserved it though!

...alright. Yeah. More than a little her fault. Probably more like all her fault. Mimicking somepony who isn't dead or locked away in an oubliette somewhere is pretty much always a terrible idea always.

But see, this time?

THIS time Allomyrina has a plan. It is a great plan. A most excellent plan. A plan that involved scouting things out instead of bumbling horn-first into a nest of trouble. And because of this most well thought out plan she knows exactly which of her carefully constructed personas to use for greatest and most insidious effect!

'Insidious effect' in this case meaning 'trying to integrate into the community and make some friends'. The life and times of a solitary changeling aren't very glamorous after all. Barring all the Glamor, of course. Wouldn't really work out that well without any Glamor. Undisguised changeling just buzzing into town? HA! That would end poorly.

Things have to be... sustainable. Otherwise you get caught. And getting caught is bad. Really awfully terribly bad. That means no flat out eating anypony. And no romantic predation, either. Those are both waaaay too obvious. Everypony gets all paranoid if they think a changeling is about. Gotta keep things calm and natural. Which means the love of friendship has to do.

Friendship is magic, after all! And just the kind of magic Allomyrina is thirsty for.

[Greif's Cafe]

The little silver bell goes jingle-jangle as a unicorn with a soft brown coat the color of baked pastry crust and a candy-red mane enters the cafe. She trots right up to the shop's owner, looks him straight in the eye, and says "My name is Strawberry Tart and hiring me is the best business decision you will ever make."

Well.

That's quite the introduction.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-01-22 at 01:45 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Greif's Cafe

Spark sipped on that straw with a contented look on his face, the soda tasted better than he last remembered, or maybe Greif's place just used better filtering water.

Either way, twas then his attention fell upon the newcomer, they were pretty to the young foal colt. Unbeknownst to him, he was in the presence of another changeling. He flashed a small polite smile and then returned to happily sipping his Doctor Cola.
    =================================

Grills' Apartment

"Uh...I'm not sure what its scented, you can have a look....anyways, yes, this is Garion, he's my ward. I...Grills and I are taking care of him."
    Gwyn said taking a glance down at Garion.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

The jacket-clad griffin reclines against the bar, and gives Strawberry Tart an appraising look. "Really now?" Greif asks, not sounding entirely convinced.

The pink mare behind the counter, Spin Top, also gives her a look over. She seems even less convinced.

"Now, why exactly would hiring you be the best business decision I ever make?" he asks with a good-natured smile. "I mean, I just hired a new assistant, but..." The griffin looks over at an empty spot in the middle of the floor, and frowns. "He seems to have disappeared."

Looking back at Strawberry Tart, the griffin raises an eyebrow. "So why should I take a gamble with you?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Blitz, hearing his boss speaking about him, stops his rapid fire serving of customers. It was highly likely that he simply didn't recognize the Blue Blur zipping around in close quarters. More than having speed itself, Blitz prided himself on his control over his speed.

Skidding to a stop in front of his boss and company he said, "You called boss?" Falco was still perfectly perched on his head like nothing had happened.

(OOC: Basically Blitz was serving the NPC customers. Spin Top had actually gotten onto him about that. I believe my last post also references that.)

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Grills' Apartment]

Garion scowled at the 'kid' comment. "My name is Garion, and I am a proper gentlecolt," he said emphatically, bowing politely. "And a gentlecolt does not let a Miss or a Lady get upset. How can I help you get un-upset?"

Perhaps he did resemble a mini-Grills a bit more than she thought.

Grills' Apartment

"Uh...I'm not sure what its scented, you can have a look....anyways, yes, this is Garion, he's my ward. I...Grills and I are taking care of him."
    Gwyn said taking a glance down at Garion.
    "Proper gentlecolt?....I can see my brother's hoof in your upbringing. Questions later, Gwyn. Questions." Purple says that last part softer and lower with a hint of raspy expectedness. She then drops her stand to meet Garion's height. A sneaky smile slides across her face and. Curls into fat swirls at each end. "Well Garion, I am Purple. Grills' favorite sister. And I need to go to examine the rooms where the showers are located. A proper gentlecolt would come with me for protection unless I decline." She points to herself first, then the bathroom, then finally at Garion.

Before Garion could react, the mare slowly skips toward the bathroom. Her body hangs in slow motion as she defies gravity during each hop. Newton's laws and discoveries have no hold on Purple Pepper.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #1358

[Greif's Cafe]

"Ah HA! Using my amazing perceptive skills I can tell you're skeptical," Tart replies with a sagely nod. The expression on her face makes it quite clear that her haughtiness is all in jest and that this is all for fun.

The job though?

She's serious about that one.

"You know those unicorns, the really powerful ones?"
    Tart asks as she lights up her horn with a green glow. "The ones SO powerful that they can bend the very fabric of the cosmos to their whims?"

A layer of overglow consumes Tart's horn as she stands all the taller!

"Well I'm not like them at all."

The glow fizzles with a pathetic whimpering sound.

"But what I CAN do is bake, cook, wash, bus tables, repair pipe organs, AND do it all without wearing a bird on my head."

A beat.

"You don't have a pipe organ here, do you? Am I thinking of somewhere else?"

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Greif gives Blitz a slightly confused look. "Not particularly, I was just wondering where you went. For a moment, I thought you'd bailed on me..."

He then looks back at Strawberry Tart and smiles. "So your a Jack of All Trades, of sorts? Well, we don't have any pipe organs, though we do have a jukebox and some radios." He gestures at Blitz. "I've already got one server, though. You may have a wide variety of skills, but what really sets you apart? Any specifically special skills or abilities? Good with customers? Know some good recipes? Got a knack for math?"

---
    ((OOC: AnimeKid, you kinda left me and Benson hanging for several weeks. Again. I simply assumed you had withdrawn from the game. Please try to post more reliably, and clarify if/when you're not going to be posting for an extended period.))

10. - Top - End - #1360

[Greif's Cafe]

"Do I know any good recipes?" Tart asks incredulously, glancing back at the picture of a pastry on her flank. "I'll have you know that I happen to know the best of recipes. I don't have a magical-butt-picture of a delicious baked treat for nothing."

...that's a very descriptive phrase for cutie mark.

"My positive disposition is charmingly infectious and my sense of humor is without peer! I've been told that I happen to be a very likable pony and quite the pleasure to work with."

Especially with a smidgen of Glamor thrown in for good measure.

Though at that last one she wrinkles her nose a bit. Math? Augh. The cold lifeless underpinnings of the least interesting parts of the cosmos. Boring things bumping into other boring things. She would almost prefer to chew iron than grind out arithmetic.

"That last one not so much. I'm an amazing baker though! Or cook, if you need cooking,"
    she then adds with a sly grin. "I've even got some experience with preparing a few traditional griffin dishes."

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grief's Cafe

Blitz narrows his eyes at Tart as he asks, "Heeeeeyyyy, that wearing a bird on my head thing wasn't a slight aimed at me was it? Because I will have you know that Falco is a very trusted and steadfast companion of mine." Almost as if in agreement the peregrine falcon gives a sagely nod of it's own, it's entirety of its tiny body moving with the motion.

Looking at Grief Blitz salutes as he says, "Then consider this me officially reporting in boss, customer satisfaction is at an all time high, and I think I impressed a mare or two with my speed. All in all everything is a-ok."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif misses whatever Blitz is saying. He doesn't even notice the salute. (Though Spin is rolling her eyes in the background, of course.) He's staring intently at Strawberry, his eyes wide, and his expression blank.

Traditional griffin dishes...

"You're hired," he flatly states, expression neutral and unchanging. "When can you start?"

He'd have to be insane to pass up on a pony who was okay with cooking for an omnivore.

13. - Top - End - #1363

[Grief's Cafe]

Blitz' retort is met in kind with a rather wide and playful grin. Tart is clearly just goofing off. Having fun with the whole situation, y'know? Asked why she's different? Because she doesn't have a bird on her head. Seems like a perfectly legitimate difference between herself and the rest of the waitstaff.

"Slight? Oh dear me no! That would be rude and uncalled for. An awful way to get off on the wrong hoof with somepony. Though... between you and me?" she leans in a bit closer, glancing back and forth furtively. "I wouldn't want to get any feathers in my tea. Just sayin'."

There's a reason why pets usually aren't allowed in restaurants after all.

"HeeeeYES!"
    comes a cheer and a hoof-pump when Tart gets the green light. SCORE! She knew the time working in that griffin kitchen would come in handy! But then, that has always sort of been her thing. Making food in whatever guise she chooses. That way she can give back a few meals to make up for the ones she takes. It isn't quite the same, but it makes her feel a bit better at least. "You won't regret this! I'm still getting my hooves under me, so to speak. Looking for a home and all that. So getting some bits flowing in as soon as I can would be great."

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grief's Cafe

Blitz gives a nod towards Tart. Hearing his boss' decree he says, "Well then good to have you aboard. Name's Blitz, Blitz Slipstream. That over there is Top Spin, or Last Stop. Huh Top Stop. I like it!" he finishes with a grin.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Spin Top fumes, and telekinetically hurls a mug at Blitz's head. Without taking his eyes off Strawberry, he lashes out a set of talons and grabs the container before it smacks the pegasus. Setting the mug back down on the counter next to him, Greif smiles at his new hire. "New in town, huh? Me too. Got anywhere to stay lined up yet?"

Spin's rage-filled gaze swivels from Blitz to Greif, and her eyes narrow warily.

16. - Top - End - #1366

[Grief's Cafe]

Tart's eyes track the flying mug and its abrupt cancellation of flight. "Hoo, haven't been here three minutes and dinnerware is already getting tossed around the room. Lively place!"

Her tone is as playful as usual. She seems to find everything that's going on decidedly entertaining. She's also noting that the grumpiness is strong with the mare behind the counter. Ugh... That sour attitude is like old milk left out in the sun. Best avoid it. Or find some way to cheer her up.

A positive disposition is always much more pleasant to be around! If less stanky.

"Nah. Nowhere in mind just yet. Though somepony mentioned that I might be able to find some work here. Great tip! Nothing beats getting hired on the spot when you're new in town, let me tell you. Moving somewhere without work lined up burns a hole in the bottom of your saddlebags pretty fast."

And how!

A lopsided smile bounces between top and Blitz. "Well! Great to meet the both of you. I'm sure we'll all get along just great!"

Along with that great! is a subtle waft of positive emotion aimed at softening up Top's mood slightly. Hard to make friends with somepony when they're all grumpy.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Proper gentlecolt?....I can see my brother's hoof in your upbringing. Questions later, Gwyn. Questions." Purple says that last part softer and lower with a hint of raspy expectedness. She then drops her stand to meet Garion's height. A sneaky smile slides across her face and. Curls into fat swirls at each end. "Well Garion, I am Purple. Grills' favorite sister. And I need to go to examine the rooms where the showers are located. A proper gentlecolt would come with me for protection unless I decline." She points to herself first, then the bathroom, then finally at Garion.

Before Garion could react, the mare slowly skips toward the bathroom. Her body hangs in slow motion as she defies gravity during each hop. Newton's laws and discoveries have no hold on Purple Pepper.
    She had him at 'protect'.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Garion's hooves scrabbled on the floor to catch up. The colt put himself in front of the bouncing mare, chest puffed out and alert eyes glancing every which way. Could there be mice hiding in that cupboard? Spiders about to spring from the ceiling? A dragon lurking just around the corner?! Well not a one of them would put a hoof on Purple without getting through him first.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She had him at 'protect'.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Garion's hooves scrabbled on the floor to catch up. The colt put himself in front of the bouncing mare, chest puffed out and alert eyes glancing every which way. Could there be mice hiding in that cupboard? Spiders about to spring from the ceiling? A dragon lurking just around the corner?! Well not a one of them would put a hoof on Purple without getting through him first.
    Purple raises an eyebrow at Garion's eagerness. It displays hints of Grills but different. Garion is not as dramatic as his role model. "Lead the way my faithful bodyguard." she says as her already unbelievably slow skipping drags further.

Upon reaching the bathroom, Purple immediately heads for the medicine cabinet. Her desired spray is in clear view at the top. But other things catch her gaze. An extra manebrush and more than one toothbrush. Foal friendly soap along with a masculine coatwash and another flowery one. The last bottle is plain as it the purchaser bought it for somepony else but wanted to hide it from other ponies. A sneaky pony.

Investigation time. The sneaky sis decides to get the to talk in order to spell details. That's how get information from her younger siblings all the time. "So Garion, how do you like living with Grills and Gwyn? Who is more fun?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Garion had been standing guard behind her, making sure nothing snuck up on them. Only now, Purple's questions had snuck up on him. "More fun? Ummmm..." His tail snaked around and the colt fiddled with it nervously as he thought. "Mister Grills is always laughing and smiling and teaching me stuff, and Miss Gwyn is always looking like this;" The colt drew his face up in a flat scowl in a rather passable imitation of Gwyn's default expression. "But Miss Gwyn plays with me and takes me places and tucks me in at night and...and..."

He threw his hooves and tail up in the air and flailed them about. "Phwaa! I can't decide!"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Garion had been standing guard behind her, making sure nothing snuck up on them. Only now, Purple's questions had snuck up on him. "More fun? Ummmm..." His tail snaked around and the colt fiddled with it nervously as he thought. "Mister Grills is always laughing and smiling and teaching me stuff, and Miss Gwyn is always looking like this;" The colt drew his face up in a flat scowl in a rather passable imitation of Gwyn's default expression. "But Miss Gwyn plays with me and takes me places and tucks me in at night and...and..."

He threw his hooves and tail up in the air and flailed them about. "Phwaa! I can't decide!"
    Purple notes the colt's answers. She gleans some tidbits from Garion's but she is ready to extract more information. "Oh let's not worry about that then. It is good that you find both of them fun. Grills and Gwyn are okay, I am 33% funner though.At least on my worst day." The mare lowers her eyes all serious like.

"Since Miss Gwyn tucks you in, I'm guess your room and all your stuff is back at her tower, right? With Sugar, right? That way Grills can spend all that time to teach you fun stuff like... " The mare then takes on a proper and upright pose much like her brother. Her mane spikes out and back and her voice deepens and speaks with a familiar enunciation. "how to be a proper gentlecolt and act with such charm that the flowers bloom with each syllable of your smooth spoken words."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

As for Gwynfillion, she sorta just went and plopped on the couch, against her better judgement she would leave Garion in Purple's hooves.....and they were just down at the bathroom anyway.

The plum mare lazily used her TK to clean up a bit, putting his flinky and spin top to the side along with his new coloring book and crayon pack.

She then enjoyed herself a delicious caramel filled chocolate turtle and delightfully sighed.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Purple notes the colt's answers. She gleans some tidbits from Garion's but she is ready to extract more information. "Oh let's not worry about that then. It is good that you find both of them fun. Grills and Gwyn are okay, I am 33% funner though.At least on my worst day." The mare lowers her eyes all serious like.

"Since Miss Gwyn tucks you in, I'm guess your room and all your stuff is back at her tower, right? With Sugar, right? That way Grills can spend all that time to teach you fun stuff like... " The mare then takes on a proper and upright pose much like her brother. Her mane spikes out and back and her voice deepens and speaks with a familiar enunciation. "how to be a proper gentlecolt and act with such charm that the flowers bloom with each syllable of your smooth spoken words."
    Garion, in spite of his gentlecoltness, could not stave off a severe attack of the giggles. He fell to the floor, clutching his chest and shaking with laughter. "Hahahahahaha! Yes! Yes that's it! Hoo hoo!"

When he'd finally gotten himself under control, he sat back on his haunches and wiped at his teary eyes. "Yep! My bed's right next to Miss Gwyn's. It's warm and cozy and it's got Daring Do sheets and blankets and pillows and it's the best bed ever! Though, Miss Gwyn's bed it more comfy, and it's warm when she's in it too." Ah, the rare sneak-cuddle; so treasured, so rare. Usually because Miss Gwyn sometimes would shoo him back into his bed when he tried it. "And I've got all my toys there, and Sugar's got toys there, and Miss Gwyn has toys there, but hers are no fun. All glass and shiny and not touchable." He pulled a 'blech' face.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As for Gwynfillion, she sorta just went and plopped on the couch, against her better judgement she would leave Garion in Purple's hooves.....and they were just down at the bathroom anyway.

The plum mare lazily used her TK to clean up a bit, putting his flinky and spin top to the side along with his new coloring book and crayon pack.

She then enjoyed herself a delicious caramel filled chocolate turtle and delightfully sighed.
    Yes, Better move would have been to follow her.

Garion, in spite of his gentlecoltness, could not stave off a severe attack of the giggles. He fell to the floor, clutching his chest and shaking with laughter. "Hahahahahaha! Yes! Yes that's it! Hoo hoo!"

When he'd finally gotten himself under control, he sat back on his haunches and wiped at his teary eyes. "Yep! My bed's right next to Miss Gwyn's. It's warm and cozy and it's got Daring Do sheets and blankets and pillows and it's the best bed ever! Though, Miss Gwyn's bed it more comfy, and it's warm when she's in it too." Ah, the rare sneak-cuddle; so treasured, so rare. Usually because Miss Gwyn sometimes would shoo him back into his bed when he tried it. "And I've got all my toys there, and Sugar's got toys there, and Miss Gwyn has toys there, but hers are no fun. All glass and shiny and not touchable." He pulled a 'blech' face.
    "Well a lady's toys are only fun to them and not to be touched by anypony else." Purple huggles her spray and then motions to Garion to follows her back out to the main living room.

"Gwyn, found it. Good thing I came here before Grills moves in with you. Or I'd have a long walk." That last part was sneaky.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

"Who said we're moving in with ea--Oh...ah..." The plum one said quickly only to actually take a moment to find what she said.

"Ahem, any whom, I see you found your hairspray,"
    She said with a nod.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Garion let out a soft gasp. "Mister Grills is moving in with us?!" he asked excitedly.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Who said we're moving in with ea--Oh...ah..." The plum one said quickly only to actually take a moment to find what she said.

"Ahem, any whom, I see you found your hairspray,"
    She said with a nod.
    Garion let out a soft gasp. "Mister Grills is moving in with us?!" he asked excitedly.
    Purple looks to the side smugly with a whatever attitude. "That would make it easier for us all. He could get you to buy the girly manespray instead of sneaking off with mine. And it'll lower his commuting after a hard day of work. Or whatever."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

"Hauh...I don't--"

Purple looks to the side smugly with a whatever attitude. "That would make it easier for us all. He could get you to buy the girly manespray instead of sneaking off with mine. And it'll lower his commuting after a hard day of work. Or whatever."

"I don't really think it will lower his commuting when his apartment is above the restaurant.....he'd just teleport anyway..."
    Gwynfillion glanced up in thought.

"I dunno....did he mention wanting to move in anyway?"
    She asked sitting up right. She then casually floated a chocolate turtle to Garion to eat to keep his mouth occupied for a moment.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-24 at 02:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Garion would have said more, were it not for Gwyn's crafty ploy. The colt rested the morsel carefully on his hoof and nibbled at it delicately. Even with tasty, tasty, tasty sweets, a gentlecolt had to eat with dignity.

A bead of sweat broke out on his brows as he tasted the first bite of creamy chocolate.

Must. Eat. With. Dignity.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif raises an eyebrow. "So you came beebopping into this town with no job lined up, and no place to stay? No plans at all, just hoping for the best?"

Spin Top gives a playful smirk. "Hark, a vagrant."

"Hmm. Well, you've got a job lined up now, at least. Now you just need a place to stay," the griffin muses, bringing a talon up to his beak to tap at it thoughtfully.

Spin Top frowns slightly. "You're not about to offer to let her stay with you, are you?"

Grief shrugs and smiles. "Actually, I was going to suggest she stay with you."

Spin Top's frown deepens. "Somehow I'm hesitant to believe you. I wonder why. Also, I'm not sure if I have the room, especially since I'm still getting unpacked and settled in..."

30. - Top - End - #1380

[Grief's Cafe]

"Vagrant?" Tart replies, touching a hoof to her chest in feigned shock. "Why I never! I much prefer the term 'Adventure Hobo'."

Adventure Hobo away!

"That's how it is for me, really. Never was one to stay put for more than a few years at a time. It's a wide world out there!"
    that grin of hers keeps growing a little the longer she speaks. "And staying cooped in one place for too long is no way to experience everything there is to offer."

That and the whole 'getting outed and run out of town' thing. That happens too. Which leads to a very on the go life-style for Allomyrina.

"I'm one well traveled pony. And that means I've picked up plenty of culinary secrets from all over the place," she then adds with a sly grin. "How else do you think I learned how to cook griffin dishes? By sitting on my flank in the same little village all my life? Ha!"

The little speech ends with a shrug. "Eh. I stay where I stay. I've slept standing up under a tree out in the middle of nowhere often enough."