New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride perked up at the sound of Sandy agreeing and immediately popped to her hooves with a big smile. Now made even bigger by Sandy's confession.

"Oh Sandy.....you have pleasantly surprised me with good new material, I love ye for that,"
    She laughed and gave him a playful hit on the back. "We'll find you a mare, I'm sure of it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Snow Angel of the Wonderbolts eh...?" Silverpine said slowly, his face mirroring Gear's smile. "Now that is something to work with..."
    Sandy 'oofed' at the unexpected back slap, still dazed from that little spiel of his. "Uh...you're welcome?" At least they seemed hopeful, though if there really was a mare like that in town, he'd have to wonder why he didn't spot her earlier.

And for that matter, where in the hay did all that come from anyhow?!

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Well, there's good news and bad news, it seems.

"I see. Hopefully, meeting most, but not all, of the qualifications will do."

Night Jewel noticed Sandy's red face. "I should really help you learn to work around that truthfulness spell. It seems you're not too fond of it."
    Sandy shot Night Jewel a despairing look, one that spoke to the hundreds of times he'd been forced to say his true feelings towards something in crowded, public areas. "You don't know th' half of it." He doubted he'd ever forget that incident with the muffin...

Ahem, er, back on track. He shook the odd feeling out of his head and massaged the strangeness from his jaw. "Yeah, I suppose a mare like that'd be nice an' all, but I ain't th' sort t'be picky. Hay, I thought I was tellin' th' truth when I said I hadn't thought about it." He held his head in his forehooves; this town just never ceased to give him a headache. "Guess that means I could use a hoof or two in workin' with th' truth spell too."

"Oh my, sounds like we have a little chef in the making,"
    Gwynfillion let out a short laugh as she got onto the wagon.

(Hauh, mebbe the pair might chance running into a certain dragon ;D)..heh
    (mebbe)

"Hmm. Can chefs cook with shields?" the colt asked as they scooted out onto the main road.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

He looked at him with a tired small smile and shook his head in minor amusement. "Sure...I could try that, different from the coffee I have usually. I'm a black coffee two sugars guy myself."
    Greif's Cafe

Greif nods. "Excellent," he grins, before turning to face the bar. He hops up and flaps his wings, taking flight and soaring across the room to land behind the bar. The griffin immediately begins sorting through ingredients, and preparing the various machines. "So, tell me 'bout yourself, my friend," the former air force member asks jovially. "What's your lot in life around these parts?"

---

The Bakery

The boxes suddenly begin to rattle, and a low growl comes from within them. "Oh boy," Snickers grimaces. "That's probably not good."

"Yeah, they're probably not likin' us sittin' 'round here doin' nothin'. Guess we should prob'ly get a move on," Uncle Flapjack nods.

The two pegasi scurry over to the dolly, and begin to push it towards the door. "Foxglove, could you get the door, please?" Snickers asks with a meek smile.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Yes, normally that would be the gentlecolt thing to do. However, you're trying to save up for flight school, and I'm the one who asked you on the date, so the right thing for me to do would be to pay this time around." Beautiful Nightmare says, explaining her thought process. "You can always pay next time if you wish." she told him.

"Oh..uh alright, I'll uh, leave the tip, yea, I'll do that, "
    He put on a smile and slurped up as much soda as he could before Rainbow showed up. And when she did show up, he would ask for a refill. He liked his soda and wanted another glass before having to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy 'oofed' at the unexpected back slap, still dazed from that little spiel of his. "Uh...you're welcome?" At least they seemed hopeful, though if there really was a mare like that in town, he'd have to wonder why he didn't spot her earlier.

And for that matter, where in the hay did all that come from anyhow?!

Sandy shot Night Jewel a despairing look, one that spoke to the hundreds of times he'd been forced to say his true feelings towards something in crowded, public areas. "You don't know th' half of it." He doubted he'd ever forget that incident with the muffin...

Ahem, er, back on track. He shook the odd feeling out of his head and massaged the strangeness from his jaw. "Yeah, I suppose a mare like that'd be nice an' all, but I ain't th' sort t'be picky. Hay, I thought I was tellin' th' truth when I said I hadn't thought about it." He held his head in his forehooves; this town just never ceased to give him a headache. "Guess that means I could use a hoof or two in workin' with th' truth spell too."

"Alright. This will be ah...a challenge....but ah...we'll round up as many mares that may suit ya...OH...it can be like a speed dating session...set up a table, give ya one or two minutes with each.......!"
    Gearstride vigorously nodded her head feeling brilliant here.

"Hmm. Can chefs cook with shields?" the colt asked as they scooted out onto the main road.
    Whelp, the dragon was in the middle of town according to Sildra, and the Grill was north-ish close to the outskirts but not quite...so..they probably wouldn't see the dragon...alas ah well.

"Ah...its not a suggested thing to do...but maybe...if it was hot enough to cook......maybe...probably not..."
    Gwynfillion' went all awkward.
    =============

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Greif's Cafe

Greif nods. "Excellent," he grins, before turning to face the bar. He hops up and flaps his wings, taking flight and soaring across the room to land behind the bar. The griffin immediately begins sorting through ingredients, and preparing the various machines. "So, tell me 'bout yourself, my friend," the former air force member asks jovially. "What's your lot in life around these parts?"

"Oh, ah, well, I'm a dance teacher, I teach at my studio The Leaping Pony, mostly teach young foals,"
    Unless Greif was into the Manehatten dance scene, he was not going to recognize Fox Trot as a former popular dance star from a year back.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-08-21 at 05:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Bar

The griffin nods thoughtfully. "I see. Never was much of a dancer, myself. I've got two left wings," Greif quips, his beak curling into a lopsided grin. "So how's business at the dance studio? What all styles do you teach?"

The machine behind him starts hissing loudly. The griffin doesn't even flinch. "Espresso shot. Don't flip," he offhandedly states.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Greif's Bar

The griffin nods thoughtfully. "I see. Never was much of a dancer, myself. I've got two left wings," Greif quips, his beak curling into a lopsided grin. "So how's business at the dance studio? What all styles do you teach?"

The machine behind him starts hissing loudly. The griffin doesn't even flinch. "Espresso shot. Don't flip," he offhandedly states.
    Fox Trot looked confused about the whole 'two left wings' comment...it didn't make sense to him, maybe it was a griffon thing, who knows. Fox Trot was too confused about that to react about the espresso machine hissing. "Oh uh..okay...I won't flip I guess."

Fox Trot
    "Any whom, uh business is fine...school started up though...so I lost a few students who couldn't switch to later afternoon classes though...kinda took a small hit though, been trying to make it up with renting out my studio for ponies who may want to hold some sort of event there and stuff."
    Fox Trot answered with a distracted look, he briefly wondered why it was so easy to talk to a barista like fella, even if they were a total stranger. It was weird.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Whelp, the dragon was in the middle of town according to Sildra, and the Grill was north-ish close to the outskirts but not quite...so..they probably wouldn't see the dragon...alas ah well.

"Ah...its not a suggested thing to do...but maybe...if it was hot enough to cook......maybe...probably not..."
    Gwynfillion' went all awkward.
    Garion frowned and lightly kicked the side of the wagon glumly. "Nuts. I thought maybe cooking with shields could be my talent, but I guess that's not it either." He looked back to his flank and sighed. "If only that was a hammer, then I could be a potato-masher pony."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Garion frowned and lightly kicked the side of the wagon glumly. "Nuts. I thought maybe cooking with shields could be my talent, but I guess that's not it either." He looked back to his flank and sighed. "If only that was a hammer, then I could be a potato-masher pony."
    The plum mare looked at the small colt and gave him a pat on the head. "Aren't you my little protector? Trying to protect me like shield?" She got onto the wagon.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright. This will be ah...a challenge....but ah...we'll round up as many mares that may suit ya...OH...it can be like a speed dating session...set up a table, give ya one or two minutes with each.......!"
    "I think we're going to need to do a questionnaire... if we want to find the mare Sandy feels most comfortable with. I don't see how else we're going to round up enough ponies in such short notice..." Silverpine added.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-08-21 at 07:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fox Trot looked confused about the whole 'two left wings' comment...it didn't make sense to him, maybe it was a griffon thing, who knows. Fox Trot was too confused about that to react about the espresso machine hissing. "Oh uh..okay...I won't flip I guess."

Fox Trot
    "Any whom, uh business is fine...school started up though...so I lost a few students who couldn't switch to later afternoon classes though...kinda took a small hit though, been trying to make it up with renting out my studio for ponies who may want to hold some sort of event there and stuff."
    Fox Trot answered with a distracted look, he briefly wondered why it was so easy to talk to a barista like fella, even if they were a total stranger. It was weird.
    Greif's Cafe

The griffin nods along thoughtfully as he measures out the ingredients. "I see. And what sort of events are catering for with the rental stuff?" Greif inquires. He then raises an eyebrow. "Have you thought about putting on a show? Maybe put together a little dance festival thing, show of you and your students moves, charge for admission and lunch?" he suggests with a shrug of his wings.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

---

The Bakery

The boxes suddenly begin to rattle, and a low growl comes from within them. "Oh boy," Snickers grimaces. "That's probably not good."

"Yeah, they're probably not likin' us sittin' 'round here doin' nothin'. Guess we should prob'ly get a move on," Uncle Flapjack nods.

The two pegasi scurry over to the dolly, and begin to push it towards the door. "Foxglove, could you get the door, please?" Snickers asks with a meek smile.
    Foxglove opens the door and watches them struggle about with an expression that was either masked entertainment or total disinterest.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

The plum mare looked at the small colt and gave him a pat on the head. "Aren't you my little protector? Trying to protect me like shield?" She got onto the wagon.
    (Could've sworn I responded to this)

"I guess so, but that's just from dust clouds and puppy kisses. And I can't even block a full dust cloud" Garion flopped down into the wagon as they pulled out onto the main street. "That can't be it, I'm a lousy shield."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

"I think we're going to need to do a questionnaire... if we want to find the mare Sandy feels most comfortable with. I don't see how else we're going to round up enough ponies in such short notice..." Silverpine added.

"Montage of course! Anything's possible through montage!"
    Gearstride cheerfully exclaimed as the fourth wall weeped.

Greif's Cafe

The griffin nods along thoughtfully as he measures out the ingredients. "I see. And what sort of events are catering for with the rental stuff?" Greif inquires. He then raises an eyebrow. "Have you thought about putting on a show? Maybe put together a little dance festival thing, show of you and your students moves, charge for admission and lunch?" he suggests with a shrug of his wings.

"I did have an open invitation recital not too long ago, two, three weeks ago, well received and watched by many...as for rental, its very open to whatever sort of events it could be catered to, that's how desperate I am,"
    Fox let out a weak chuckle.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

(Could've sworn I responded to this)

"I guess so, but that's just from dust clouds and puppy kisses. And I can't even block a full dust cloud" Garion flopped down into the wagon as they pulled out onto the main street. "That can't be it, I'm a lousy shield."
    [double postin' and no one can stop me from my crimes! Bhwhaha....cough cough choke...]

"You're not a lousy shield, I think its your nature to want to protect others is that makes you a good shield,"
    She securely held him as they headed out.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[double postin' and no one can stop me from my crimes! Bhwhaha....cough cough choke...]

"You're not a lousy shield, I think its your nature to want to protect others is that makes you a good shield,"
    She securely held him as they headed out.
    The colt nestled up close to his caretaker as they started on the road back to the tower, coming up to outer parts of town. "But what's the use in wanting to do something if I can't even do it right? I thought special talents were things that you were good at."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So you can't really hide your feelings even when you don't even know them." Night Jewel shook her head. "That's frightening. Fortunately, I'm good at being sneaky, and I know you don't have to lie to be dishonest."

"Montage of course! Anything's possible through montage!"
    Gearstride cheerfully exclaimed as the fourth wall weeped.
    A shard of the fourth wall struck Icekiller in the cheek. He winced in pain and scurried off to get a bandage.

~

"That could work. It'll take a while, but feel like hardly any time has passed. I'll spread the word, and you can get things set up here."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"So you can't really hide your feelings even when you don't even know them." Night Jewel shook her head. "That's frightening. Fortunately, I'm good at being sneaky, and I know you don't have to lie to be dishonest."
    Sandy coughed nervously. Not that he didn't mind her help, but training in dishonesty struck him as a downright terrible idea. But if he didn't even know his own feelings...she may have a point. "Yeah, uh, I guess we can work on some...lying and tricking and...stuff?" he said hesitantly.

[A shard of the fourth wall struck Icekiller in the cheek. He winced in pain and scurried off to get a bandage.

~

"That could work. It'll take a while, but feel like hardly any time has passed. I'll spread the word, and you can get things set up here."
    "So...what should I be doing then?" Sandy piped up, not too sure where all of this left him.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-08-21 at 11:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Foxglove opens the door and watches them struggle about with an expression that was either masked entertainment or total disinterest.
    Baker----> Train Station

And so, Snickers, Foxglove, and Uncle Flapjack transport the Frankenwaffles to the train station. Once the boxed baking monsters are loaded aboard, fond farewells are shared with the rugged mountain pony, before he boards the train and takes his leave.

Snickers waves off his uncle's train, until it disappears around a turn in the tracks amongst the trees. After a moment of silence, he suddenly observes in a flat tone: "You know... I don't think he ever quite realized that we aren't actually dating."

"I did have an open invitation recital not too long ago, two, three weeks ago, well received and watched by many...as for rental, its very open to whatever sort of events it could be catered to, that's how desperate I am,"
    Fox let out a weak chuckle.
    Greif's Cafe

Greif finishes the coffee drink for his pony customer. Sprinkling some shaved chocolate atop the whipped cream, he slides the drink down the bar to Fox Trot and smiles. "Here you go. On the house, since you're my first customer."

After a moment, he tilts his head and asks: "So, what else can you tell me about this town, and the ponies in it? Anything noteworthy I should know? I met Mister Snickerdoodle and Miss Foxglove earlier. They seem like nice folks, if a bit... eccentric."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Greif's Cafe

Greif finishes the coffee drink for his pony customer. Sprinkling some shaved chocolate atop the whipped cream, he slides the drink down the bar to Fox Trot and smiles. "Here you go. On the house, since you're my first customer."

After a moment, he tilts his head and asks: "So, what else can you tell me about this town, and the ponies in it? Anything noteworthy I should know? I met Mister Snickerdoodle and Miss Foxglove earlier. They seem like nice folks, if a bit... eccentric."
    Fox Trot gives him a pleasant thanks as he pushes the drink closer to him and sniffs it, it smelled good. He lowered his muzzle to lick some foam as he considered Greif's question.

"Well, it can be a quirky town, filled with weirdness and weird ponies....Snickers and Foxglove were here?...Oh wow...I haven't seen them in a long time, not since ...well honestly I forget."
    Fox Trot let out a short chuckle and licked his muzzle off of the whip cream.

"Mmm, well, there's the lake just north west of here, very pretty if you ever feel for a swim."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Greif quirks an eyebrow. "Does the lake have fish in it?"

The griffin slides a spoon and a straw - both wrapped in plastic for hygiene -across the bar top to Fox Trot, in case he needs them.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

"Uh...I guess so...I don't really think about the fish that much, they're just, there,"
    Fox casually shrugged. He pushed over the straw closer and held it up to his mouth with both hooves as he ripped the plastic off before plunking it in the espresso. The spoon was pretty much useless to him, hooves and all.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

There's a mischievous twinkle in the griffin's eye at the confirmation of fish. That twinkle quickly fades, and he jovially asks: "So, anything else I can get for ya? If that chocolate fix isn't relaxing enough for you, the cider bar opens at sunset," he says with a sly smile.

After a pause, he looks over at the nearest radio. "You like sports?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

"Its fine,"
    Fox said though he hadn't actually chanced drinking it yet. he took a slurp of the beverage and found it a little good, his taste buds weren't hip towards really sweet flavors but this was alright.

"Yea, I can dig a little stable ball, a friend and I are gonna be heading to Fillydephia to see a game, though I believe its a hoofball game."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh..uh alright, I'll uh, leave the tip, yea, I'll do that, "
    He put on a smile and slurped up as much soda as he could before Rainbow showed up. And when she did show up, he would ask for a refill. He liked his soda and wanted another glass before having to leave.
    (Thought I responded to this)

The magenta filly returned with another tray on her head. More drinks for another table. "I'll just leave the bill."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    (Thought I responded to this)

The magenta filly returned with another tray on her head. More drinks for another table. "I'll just leave the bill."
    Spark gave Rainbow another smile, he just found her mane so cool, he wondered why he never saw her before, she was a foal, he was a foal, there was usually three degrees of separation between the foals in this town, since, there weren't really that many foals. It was just the rules man.

"ah..well, the Bits here, I think it covers it?"
    He looked at where Smoothie put the Bits and drank his soda, yum yum.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Spark gave Rainbow another smile, he just found her mane so cool, he wondered why he never saw her before, she was a foal, he was a foal, there was usually three degrees of separation between the foals in this town, since, there weren't really that many foals. It was just the rules man.

"ah..well, the Bits here, I think it covers it?"
    He looked at where Smoothie put the Bits and drank his soda, yum yum.
    "Yes. That is enough. Would you like another free refill before you go? Or some desert?" Rainbow asked. She was so swamped being a waitress that she barely recognized any of either foals features. She only saw a blurs of blue and red.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes. That is enough. Would you like another free refill before you go? Or some desert?" Rainbow asked. She was so swamped being a waitress that she barely recognized any of either foals features. She only saw a blurs of blue and red.

"Oh..another refill please,"
    He was going through the soda like it was going out of style. "But uh, we'll skip on dessert, thank you anyway."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh..another refill please,"
    He was going through the soda like it was going out of style. "But uh, we'll skip on dessert, thank you anyway."
    Rainbow nods She canters off to the kitchen and returns with a carafe of lemonade and a pitcher of soda. She smiles again. "Have a nice day and thank you for choose the Grill for your nutrition based needs."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy coughed nervously. Not that he didn't mind her help, but training in dishonesty struck him as a downright terrible idea. But if he didn't even know his own feelings...she may have a point. "Yeah, uh, I guess we can work on some...lying and tricking and...stuff?" he said hesitantly.

"So...what should I be doing then?" Sandy piped up, not too sure where all of this left him.
    Silverpine sidled over to Sandy's side and wrapped a hoof around his neck. He held out his free forehoof and pointed at the horizon. "Sandy, my boy, all you need to do is... just be yourself."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Rainbow nods She canters off to the kitchen and returns with a carafe of lemonade and a pitcher of soda. She smiles again. "Have a nice day and thank you for choose the Grill for your nutrition based needs."

"Heh, thank you, Miss ah..Rainbow,"
    Spark nodded and helped himself to more soda. Guzzle guzzle guzzle. He turned his attentions to Smoothie and gave her a smile.

Silverpine sidled over to Sandy's side and wrapped a hoof around his neck. He held out his free forehoof and pointed at the horizon. "Sandy, my boy, all you need to do is... just be yourself."

"Exactly, but with extra modifications,"
    Gearstride chimed in with a big smile. "Improve your body language, strut that swag, etc etc."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh, thank you, Miss ah..Rainbow,"
    Spark nodded and helped himself to more soda. Guzzle guzzle guzzle. He turned his attentions to Smoothie and gave her a smile.
    "Smoothie" Smiled back. "Well, shall we get going then?" she asks the dolt colt. I'm just going to call him that from now on. That's his name now.