New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge in the Playground XXXVI

I had a similar problem with my build (which I couldn't send in; because I misread the final line and thought it was 23:59 GMT -6 not 23:59 GMT (which is 17:59 GMT -6 BTW)

My build was Daelkyr halfblood Ranger 1/Cloistered Cleric 4(War and Envy domains)/Impure Prince5/Acolyte of the Skin). The ideas was to (ab)use the tentacle whip symbionts to deliver nasty touch spells and the Poison SLA while also being able to self-buff in the middle of combat without wasting turns (Symbionts get their own set of actions on your initiative) so my idea was to buff with Divine Powah and/or Divine favour, sharing it with my tentacle whips getting two full Bab fighters...I thought they used my CL for the purpose of Divine Powah; but they don't ).

In the end my trick didn't work as I intended and the build itself would have work much better without Acolyte of the skin, so I was kinda relieved I couldn't send my entry in time.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    the build itself would have work much better without Acolyte of the skin
    This competition in a nutshell.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    This competition in a nutshell.
    We all wanted to use fleshwarper.

sor 5/blood magus 2/pale master 2/ fleshwarper 10/ soul eater 1 was what the skeleton of the rag and bone man was way back when. I'd initially had a few levels of acolyte in there too until I saw that its fiendish skin was the same as the graft of the same name and can just be made by fleshwarper.

sor 5/blood magus 2/pale master 7/flesh 5/soul eater 1 also looked good, it gives the amazing "tough as bone" ability which, when combined with trollshape and energy immunity makes you entirely immune to hit point damage for long enough to wipe the floor with any encounter. so many of the grafts attack on their own that even with your hideous BA, you still get a lot of punches off in a round, even if soul eater's energy drain doesn't work that way.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

FWIW, the build I was going to submit was something like Bard 1/Duskblade 4/Ur-Priest 5/AotS 10, loading up on as many Fiendish/Infernal heritage type feats as possible for thematic reasons...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    We all wanted to use fleshwarper.
    I have no desire to do Fleshwarper. The abilities, while varied, are pretty trivial compared to the Spellcasting, and it really only has flavor going for it. If we're going to do a PrC with full/near full advancement, I'd much rather see Geomancer (possible with Southern Magician banned), but would rather stay away from 9/10s and 10/10s period.
    There is the moral of all human tales;
    'Tis but the same rehearsal of the past.
    First freedom and then Glory - when that fails,
    Wealth, vice, corruption - barbarism at last.
    And History, with all her volumes vast,
    Hath but one page...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
    I have no desire to do Fleshwarper. The abilities, while varied, are pretty trivial compared to the Spellcasting, and it really only has flavor going for it. If we're going to do a PrC with full/near full advancement, I'd much rather see Geomancer (possible with Southern Magician banned), but would rather stay away from 9/10s and 10/10s period.
    well, the contest in general is staying away from 9/10 and 10/10, they're too good, and that's the reason we didn't use fleshwarper, it's much stronger than acolyte
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Menteith View Post
    I will admit that this contest, I was digging deep to find a reason to put any levels in Acolyte when a Fiend graft or two would copy the same schtick.
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-09-12 at 10:52 AM.