Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 100
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send
    you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one
    meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you
    received the same greeting when you arrived. You were
    held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with
    a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful
    scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed
    the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen
    mortal vassals.





    Condemned, you face at best a life of
    shackles and servitude in the nearby salt
    mines. Others might await the “gentle”
    ministrations of the inquisitors so that
    co-conspirators may be revealed and
    confessions extracted. Perhaps,
    some of you will be spared this
    ordeal. Perhaps instead you
    have come to Branderscar to
    face the final judgment. In
    three days, the executioner
    arrives and the axe falls
    or the pyre will be lit.
    Through fire or steel, your crimes
    will be answered.

    You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed
    in nothing but filthy, tattered rags.
    Manhandled and mistreated, any finery
    you once possessed is either ruined or
    long lost. No special treatment has been
    given any prisoner – male or female,
    commoner or noble – all of the forsaken
    are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet
    are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long
    chain. Your arms are secured to the wall
    above by manacles. A guard is posted
    right outside the cell day and night.
    Little thought is given to long term
    accommodations. At Branderscar,
    justice comes swift and sure.

    For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you,
    hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be
    fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after
    what each of you has done?

    You're all finally awake at the same time, and despite what was previously said, there's no guard currently stationed right outside the gate; he's huddled together with about 4 other guards. There appears to be a discussion taking place.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception checks
    Last edited by Mari01; 2012-08-17 at 11:52 PM.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Trig works his fingers through complex patterns of calisthenics, since they're about the only part of his body he can move. If I stay like this much longer, I'll be too weak to escape. I can feel the strength and flexibility rotting away, soon I'll be a stiffening bag of bones.

    Vigilant for even the slightest opportunity, Trig carefully observes the unusual meeting of guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    perception: [roll]1d20+9
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2012-08-17 at 06:50 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Ho, guards!" calls Alaric derisively. "Now there's five of you and all, why don't we have another go! Come unchain me, and I promise I'll let at least one of you live!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11] perception.
    (1d20+5)[22] Intimidate check on the guards
    (1d20+5)[21] strength check against the manacles.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    The guards all shiver in fear with your challenge as you strain against the manacles, but to no avail. N-n-n-n-o way! We lost more men bringing you down than that blasted ogre and he's twice your size. Trying to save a bit of face amongst his peers, another one pipes up Yea! We'll let you out alright. When the executioner gets here!

    Alaric,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone in your cell has a visitor. They mentioned Sir Balin.


    Trig
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Balin has left the prison. And someone among you has a "visitor" on the way.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Look, I mean to kill you all either way, but if you let me out now, maybe I won't bother to track down your families!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[11] Diplomacy check

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Your killing days are over Alaric! It's the axe for you and there's nothing you can do about it. Same for the rest of these...monsters! The guard motions towards your "companions". Why not just wait quietly like the rest?

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be uploading the map shortly. I haven't found a good token system, so your speaking color will be your location. This doesn't apply to NPC's unless its someone special, in which case I'll keep note of them. These guards for example will just be any color that you guys aren't.
    Last edited by Mari01; 2012-08-17 at 03:06 PM.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Axe?! AXE? Don't talk to me about axes, nancy boy! Not a one of you sniveling, cringing, city folk know a damn thing thing about axes! If I'd an axe to hand I'd have painted your whole damn kingdom red before you took me!" He glances at his fellow prisoners for a moment. "Besides, think you that I am in here for my love of peace and quiet? I know not these sulky fellows' crimes, but mean to die as I have lived, with blood on my hands and a RRRROAR on my lips!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16] intimidate check because why not?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Kyan comes awake with a low groan and a raises up on his toes to provide some relief to his stiff shoulders so he can rotate the joints. He quietly looks around about the cell at his fellow prisoners and to the guards outside with a dull, flat expression as if he found their predicament and the exchange between the loud, boisterous prisoner and the guards an everyday affair. A quick glance is given to his manacles, but not attempt against them is made. He saw the loud one try to no effect and doubted he would be able to do any better.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception: (1d20+3)[18]
    Knowledge(Local) for any info on anything he may hear: (1d20+8)[10]
    Last edited by Indeed It Is; 2012-08-17 at 03:57 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Why are you wasting your time yelling at those wretches?" Saff asks as she picks at the mud in her hair with manacled hands. "Didn't you hear? They think we're monsters, why bother?"

    She starts to smirk as large chunks of dried mud and horse excrement begin to dislodge from her tangled hair.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[6]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Wasting my time?!" Alaric lets out a thunderous laugh. "What else would I do to while away the hours until that so-called axeman comes to call? I suppose I could try to make myself look pretty for him, like you!"

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Oh, green-eyes, are you getting envious of the executioner for being the one who gets to kill me? she teases. Bide your time big guy, you might still get the chance if you wait quietly."

    Spoiler
    Show
    With the manacles held up in front of her face she begins to covertly inspect their quality as best she can. Sleight of Hand to go unnoticed: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-08-17 at 04:49 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Madcrafter's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Bazoril stirs at the one sided yelling match, his body stretched by the human sized shackles just enough to be uncomfortable. The snide back and forth going on was providing reasonable distraction for the guards though. He rumbles softly "I'd let him shout his head off, if he prefers that to the axe." Ignoring any response to his comment, he takes a look around, mind already parsing the guards' comments for interesting information.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+5)[16]
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    The hell do you think you're doing talking to 'em like they're people?, yells a voice from the stairwell. A group of six guards, heavily armed and ready for trouble, come into the cell led by a fat well-dressed sergeant of the watch. Everyone recognizes Sergeant Tomas Blackerly. This was the man who held the brand that marked each of you. He laughed as your skin burned. Right now, though
    the sergeant seems a little dazed.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Checks


    You there! That’s the scum! Get ‘em unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they’ll earn a thrashing! Today’s your lucky day, scum. You’ve got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say good-bye. Now step lively. We wouldn’t want to keep her waiting.

    He is pointing at Saff.
    Last edited by Mari01; 2012-08-17 at 08:13 PM.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Alaric grins broadly at the guards who have just been ordered to unshackle Saff, curious to see which will work up the nerve to approach the prisoners first.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+1)[11]
    Last edited by Lord Tyger; 2012-08-17 at 07:32 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    For a moment a look of surprised panic can be read on Saff's face, though quiet composure replaces it almost immediately. Unwanted beads of sweat form on her brow as she starts guessing at Blackerly's reason for taking her away; the painful memory of the brand still fresh on her skin. Questions begin to pool in her mind; too many questions and no answers. At her core she suspects the 'fine lady' to whom she is being delivered is torture and death.

    She quickly shoots a smirk at the mohawked prisoner. "Perhaps it wasn't the axeman I was 'making myself look pretty for' after all" she whispers to him as she rises to her feet and steps towards the door of the cell.

    "Its ok sweetheart, I won't bite" she says to the guard holding the keys. She holds out her manacled wrists and beckons him closer, keeping her eyes on Blackerly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+0)[14]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "I'll bite!" Alaric cries merrily, lunging forward towards the guards as far as his chains will allow.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Current Map
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ty...JyRGJPZ0U/edit

    Spoiler
    Show
    All PC's can identify yourselves by the corlored ring around yourself. Trig, yours is a bit harder to see, but your token is very different from the NPC's. Blackerly has the purple outline (G12 if it's hard to see)
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "A visitor on death row? My my, someone has enemies in high places. No doubt here to gloat over your impending demise," Trig mutters at Saff without taking his eyes off the guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    SM:(1d20+9)[10]

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    A hauntingly beautiful woman in an
    elegant black dress and soft silken veil enters the cell. She looks as if
    she is headed to a funeral. Her hair is so platinum as
    to almost be white and her eyes are a vibrant, almost unearthly green. She clearly has been weeping.





    “Oh, dearest,” proclaims the unfamiliar woman. “I’m so
    relieved you’re alive!”

    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Oh kitten, so nice of you to say so. A few days from now I won't be so your visit seems well timed."

    Not sure of how to handle this stranger's charade, she looks towards the guards congregating outside the cell. This woman must have some reason for being here, but whatever it is Saff can't imagine her part in it. She wants to question the stranger but knows that the guards, as well as her cellmates, are likely eavesdropping so for now contents herself with continuing the ruse.

    "Not that I don't appreciate getting this chance to say goodbye to you, but I certainly didn't expect you'd come. Has my situation changed in some way that suddenly warrants such a visit?"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Kyan, much like the rest of his forced companions, keeps his eyes on the guards and the new comers. It was likely the only entertainment they'd get.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive: (1d20)[13]


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    She quickly turns to Tomas. “Could
    we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake?”

    Tomas goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. “Of
    course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    One more sense motive. The DC on this is muuuuuch easier since it's a bit more obvious.

    Tomas motions, and the guard with the keys steps forward to undo your leg cuffs. They will escort you out of the cell and to a room not far, where the woman motions for you to sit as she attempts to quickly shut the door behind her.

    Map: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ty...tTV0pZNzQ/edit
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room they are taking you to is labeled 20 on the map. The map gives away your lady friend's name early
    Last edited by Mari01; 2012-08-21 at 12:34 AM.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    "Alone at last"

    She takes a seat at the table. Though the stranger has shown no sign of ill intent, she remains uneasy in the presence of this woman and waits for her to shut the door.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Sense Motive DC was 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    This woman clearly has some power over Blackerly.


    To Saff
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as the guards leave, the woman's demeanor immediately changes.
    She drops all pretense of grief or concern. She is immediately all business. “Have you forgotten me, dearest?” the unexpected visitor says with a smirk, dropping her pretense of grief. “Call me Tiadora.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well Tiadora, you have my attention." She switches to match Tiadorra's change in tone as she leans back in her chair. She tries to speak calmly, though still apprehensive. At least now she might get some answers.

    "What's your game here? Why go to the trouble of gaining an audience with a dead woman?"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    To everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to read the text for this. It's moving the story along. Just keep it OOC until it's brought up IC.


    Spoiler
    Show
    We possess a mutual
    friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cellmates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in ayour present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape. Don’t be so dour. Just because it’s never been done before is no reason you can’t be the first.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    "You expect me to be the first to break out of Branderscar? I don't appreciate being taunted so unless you mean to aid me in some way I expect your friend will have to go without the pleasure of my company."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    She takes off her silken veil and wipes away a few fake tears with it.
    “Something to remember me by, dearest.”
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Saff takes the veil and sighs, "So we're back to this game, eh kitten. Can't you at least tell me more about the prison I'm supposed to escape from or the friend who wants to meet me so badly? How do I find your friend or will she find me?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[29]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Freeport, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    The less you know the better. But since you're so persuasive I will say this much. Your escape is a test. You're holding the cheat sheet. Any thing else dearest?
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •