New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Way of the Wicked [PF] Group 1

"Only a dozen? Surely you're holding out on me Brandon. I don't know why you would you do something as silly and irresponsible as that. Do you want people to die? Tell me about off duty guards, other staff, who exactly this warden is, and where to find Blackery. Don't make me ask you again."

Saff's voice stays sympathetic until she mentions Blackerly. The slip wasn't intentional; the memory of the brand disrupted the ruse momentarily and the malice in her heart slipped out. She didn't know why this kid was evading this question in particular, but information held back is always worth knowing.

Spoiler
    Show
    To speed up the process can we assume that we get directions to the exit, the armoury, the warden's office, the guardposts, the barracks, and Blackerly? I don't mean that anything needs to be written out, just so that when we say we want to go to X we can assume a basic knowledge of what turns to make and doors to open.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-09-23 at 09:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Off duty guards would about double the garrison. There's only two staff: Cooks. Harmless civilians. The warden is always in his tower except for emergencies. He's a powerful magic user. Blackerly? Yea he's in his room. If you're gonna kill him give him a punch for me. Stole half my weeks pay in that crooked card game.
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.

3. - Top - End - #93

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mari01 View Post
    Blackerly? Yea he's in his room. If you're gonna kill him give him a punch for me. Stole half my weeks pay in that crooked card game.
    Upon hearing the guard's distaste for Blackerly, Saff almost rethinks killing Brandon. No, that wouldn't be intelligent, and she had to be intelligent if she was to make it out of this prison. Once she was done with him Brandon would have to die. From her perspective it looked like the guard's remaining time was on the order of seconds, but she wanted to check with her companions first.

"I'm sure one of us will be happy to deliver your 'message' for you." she tells him as she looks over her shoulder at the other prisoners.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazoril, sitting on the dead guard and watching the questioning with detached interest, listens as the questions wind up. He knew what was likely to follow for Brandon, despite his helpfulness. As Saff looks back towards them all, he gives a firm but barely perceptible shake of his head accompanied by his usual dead stare, then says "We should probably start moving."

An enemy in chains was more useful than a dead one.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-09-24 at 11:21 AM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

5. - Top - End - #95

MindFlayer

Saff sees Bazoril's warning and begins to manacle the guard for transport.

"Maybe you could deliver the message yourself. We'll be on our way to Blackerly soon enough. I hope you understand that we need to gag you, just making things safer for everybody"

"Can someone bring the keys to the ogre's cell?" she calls softly when the gag is in place and she has finished manacling Brandon's hands and feet. The manacles would be noisy so the hostage would have to be kept back, probably carried by the ogre. The image of the ogre wielding Brandon as a club crosses her mind briefly; but she'd rather not think about that if she can.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Kyan continues to watch the stares for anyone approaching. So far, so good it would seem.

7. - Top - End - #97

After the ogre is freed it talks more calmly and is surprisingly more intelligent than you would think, for an ogre. "Thanks for freeing me, those lil'uns are going to die! I owe you my life and will protect you, but I would like a weapon."

8. - Top - End - #98

MindFlayer

Saff is surprised by the ogre's coherent speech, she hadn't expected a member of a 'lower race' to understand the use of pronouns.

"They are indeed, Grumblejack" she whispers to the ogre. "I'm going to trust you with our prisoner for now. You can stay in the guardroom with him and keep him quiet, understand? We are going to the armoury to get weapons for all of us. If you hear an alarm or we do not return in fifteen minutes, you bring him down and you find us. You can kill any guards you see."

Once she is sure the ogre understands, everyone gathers in the guardroom above the stairs. "Its time. Our first stop is the armoury to get the equipment we need to break out of here. I can lead us there, but someone stealthier should take point. There are over twenty guards plus a powerful spellcaster here so we won't stand a chance in a fight unless we're properly armed, not even with the ogre on our side. Next, we need a map and supplies. Once free I'll be heading across the moors to a safehouse, the only problem is I don't know the way. If you help me escape you can all find asylum there. Without me you won't be able to find it, nor would you be let in. Right, are we ready?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Will we have to pass any guards/locations of interest on the way to the armoury?

9. - Top - End - #99

Grumblejack nods and then sits down with the very nearly dead guard on his back.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

One guard patrol. And you're going upstairs, not down. They keep you guys in the basement
    Always write your character sheet as if you had to give it to someone else to play, and you had to accept and use the character sheet written by a different anonymous player.