New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    You could always text or call her, and ask if she got the right person.
    I think I'll do that, yes. In the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Marker boards are great for exactly this reason. Really, be yourself around her, because that will either be what she got nterested in or B. Drive her away and you can get back to living your life without that crazy woman staring at you from across the lecturer.
    I really don't think I've ever seen her before, but hey, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Do what I'm doing. Build a time machine and go forward to when they release Season 3. That show is ridiculously good and a three episode season is like the worst kind of tease.
    My time machine only has one shot at going anywhere. I'm already using that for reading all of Order of the Stick in one go.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Psh. You guys think too short term.

I'm travelling far enough into the future to steal a personalized teleporter. That way I can show up at all the meetups I want to. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

If I had a single-use time-machine, I'd figure out when unlimited-use ones are invented, then go to then.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

The use for a single use time machine depends if it allows the selection of where one would land or not. If it allows it, I'd return 3 years back. If it doesn't, I'd return around 200 years back.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    How do you make friends in college, guys?
    Go to a public place and be yourself. Be yourself loudly and confidently. People who like you will flock to you. People who do not like you will avoid you. It is win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Do what I'm doing. Build a time machine and go forward to when they release Season 3. That show is ridiculously good and a three episode season is like the worst kind of tease.
    This is my ultimate problem with BBC programming. I can understand seasons that are short because there is only so much plot that can be spread over the year and you don't want filler. I can understand seasons that are short because you aren't sure if the show will do well. But if you have decided to make a series, then don't do a half-hearted job. Either go all in, or not at all.

I think I'll do that. In the morning. Maybe a few days from now. Can't seem desperate.
    Call or text the number first thing in the morning and make sure she wanted to give you the number. It isn't desperate, it is responding to her action in a timely fashion. Now if you called her every 5 minutes you would seem desperate. If you start leaving lewd messages for anyone who is not in a committed relationship with you, you seem desperate. Calling a number someone leaves for you is not desperate.

That said, it took me 4 months to figure out that my wife wanted to date me. Sure I could claim that I was getting over a long term relationship, but ultimately I was just being clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    But if you have decided to make a series, then don't do a half-hearted job. Either go all in, or not at all.
    You are under a severe misapprehension here. The standard length for any British drama series, no matter who made it, is around 6 hours. You might occasionally get one a bit longer; you pretty much *never* see one as long as you typically get in the States, though. This isn't laziness, it's just the way things are over here.

I would link you to the TV Tropes article on the subject, but I'm sure you have better things to be doing for the rest of the day...

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Interview later this week.

First one in almost two years.

Whoa I'm nervous.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Guys. I just finished watching Sherlock. Guys. Sherlock.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS
    Try to get hold of Asylum's Sherlock Holmes. It has T-rexes, a giant mechanical fire-breathing dragon and a hot-air balloon armed with a machine gun. All this taking place in 19th century London without anyone noticing.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, a train fell on my city's downtown.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    What?
    That seems inconvenient.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Inconvenient yes.

But I'm more concerned with: How on Earth did that happen!?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

- I hope you and your nearest and dearest are ok!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Bridge goes over mainstreet. Train fell off it. 2 dead, no one's sure who. I didn't even know trains ran on that track still.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

That's not good!

Though... Part of me has weighed up the numbers and come back with a verdict that it could have been worse... And because I said that, I feel like a horrible person...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, it could've been much worse. I'm betting it was college students who didn't think trains still ran on those tracks and were walking on them. The conductor probably saw two people on the tracks and slammed on his breaks, causing a destructive derailment. Just my speculation.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, it could've been much worse. I'm betting it was college students who didn't think trains still ran on those tracks and were walking on them. The conductor probably saw two people on the tracks and slammed on his breaks, causing a destructive derailment. Just my speculation.
    Could just as easily be due to damage caused by a vehicle striking the bridge from underneath due to ignoring signs indicating the height of the bridge- that happens a lot even here in the UK (I recall reading figures a few years back that quoted an average of 8 times a day across the entire UK)...

I assume from the casualties you've mentioned that the train was either freight or an empty carriage stock working?

Edit: I think I found the news story for it, and it was indeed a freight working... link not posted to conceal Mauve's address
    Last edited by Mercenary Pen; 2012-08-21 at 06:06 AM.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, if anything, I think it would've been caused by the traing going too fast through a curve rather than braking, probably in combination with the bridge suffering from a lack of maintenance...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409

Lack of maintenance of infrastructure is a problem that is coming to a head in most of the world. In my job search lots of electrical companies are bemoaning the lack of trained power engineers to replenish their retiring employees. Several bridge failings here in the US are blamed on improper maintenance, though the biggest one so blamed (it happened in 2003 in the northern US, lots of people died) was actually caused by improper design. It just took 20 or so years for the improper design to cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Phew, lots of things going on today. This morning, I found out that I had forgotten my bag, which contained everything I need for practice driving (ranging from my personal mouthpiece to my driving school's alcohol locks and my driving license permission, to my wallet with all my money and my ID card) inside our car yesterday, and mum had taken the car to work. Seeing as I was supposed to have a driving lesson today, I grew extremely frustrated as it was a lot of money thrown straight into the sea.

When I'd calmed down a bit, I started looking for a workaround (as a computer person, this is kind of standard behaviour). Reading one of my practice driving handbooks, I found that I should bring the driving license permission with me while practice driving, while my tutor must bring his tutoring permission with himself. Noticing the difference, I set out to see what the rules actually were. After a fruitless internet search, I simply called my driving school to hear what their rules were, and to my relief, I learned that I didn't need to bring my permission with me.

I still didn't have my ID card, so I dug up my passport, and that solved that issue as well. Now I only had to worry about my mouthpiece. I could buy a new one from the school, but brought up the issue about money. Luckily, I still had a few coins left in my old piggy bank (okay, it's actually a minature barrel), so with a pocket full of clanking coins, I left for my driving lesson.

It later turned out that I'd get a new mouthpiece for free because I hadn't lost my old one in at least a year's time, which was a nice surprise. The new mouthpieces look extraordinarily fancy, by the way. While the old one looked like a straight plastic tube with a smaller hole in one end than the other, the new one almost looks like a miniature bazooka. No, I have no idea of why all those extra details are needed. It's just silly!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411

Got my report card today. This frigging B+ is driving me crazy. I got given a zero on something one of my other classmates was supposed to have turned in, and I got a far lower grade than fair for that notebook I recopied. I should have gotten and A-! Although that's hardly illustrious, but since that teacher was very clearly biased (I kept on correcting him in class when he was wrong, he didn't like that for some reason).

Got A's on all of the other classes, which is okay. Some were too low for my taste, but I'm pretty pleased with my math class. 98.7%.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

How long have you EVEN been in school? Like, the 2012-13 year just started for me, and going by friends spread across the US and the UK, I'm incredibly early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    How long have you EVEN been in school? Like, the 2012-13 year just started for me, and going by friends spread across the US and the UK, I'm incredibly early.
    Yeah, this is the last year's report card. They sent it in one day before the administrative office opened up for the next year.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Colossus in the Playground

Moonie, even if your grades aren't satisfactory to you, let it be known you get an A+ in our hearts *brosismance

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Moonie, even if your grades aren't satisfactory to you, let it be known you get an A+ in our hearts *brosismance
    Thank you. <hugs> Also, the A's here are equivalent to A+'s, so at least it's not that bad.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, this is the last year's report card. They sent it in one day before the administrative office opened up for the next year.
    That's sort of ridiculous.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's only a B. Good enough is good enough.

ION: I thought class was at 5, not 5:30. I'm up half an hour earlier than I should be. Alas.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-21 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Phew, lots of things going on today. This morning, I found out that I had forgotten my bag, which contained everything I need for practice driving (ranging from my personal mouthpiece to my driving school's alcohol locks and my driving license permission, to my wallet with all my money and my ID card) inside our car yesterday, and mum had taken the car to work. Seeing as I was supposed to have a driving lesson today, I grew extremely frustrated as it was a lot of money thrown straight into the sea.

When I'd calmed down a bit, I started looking for a workaround (as a computer person, this is kind of standard behaviour). Reading one of my practice driving handbooks, I found that I should bring the driving license permission with me while practice driving, while my tutor must bring his tutoring permission with himself. Noticing the difference, I set out to see what the rules actually were. After a fruitless internet search, I simply called my driving school to hear what their rules were, and to my relief, I learned that I didn't need to bring my permission with me.

I still didn't have my ID card, so I dug up my passport, and that solved that issue as well. Now I only had to worry about my mouthpiece. I could buy a new one from the school, but brought up the issue about money. Luckily, I still had a few coins left in my old piggy bank (okay, it's actually a minature barrel), so with a pocket full of clanking coins, I left for my driving lesson.

It later turned out that I'd get a new mouthpiece for free because I hadn't lost my old one in at least a year's time, which was a nice surprise. The new mouthpieces look extraordinarily fancy, by the way. While the old one looked like a straight plastic tube with a smaller hole in one end than the other, the new one almost looks like a miniature bazooka. No, I have no idea of why all those extra details are needed. It's just silly!
    Why do you need a mouthpiece for driving?

Got my report card today. This frigging B+ is driving me crazy. I got given a zero on something one of my other classmates was supposed to have turned in, and I got a far lower grade than fair for that notebook I recopied. I should have gotten and A-! Although that's hardly illustrious, but since that teacher was very clearly biased (I kept on correcting him in class when he was wrong, he didn't like that for some reason).

Got A's on all of the other classes, which is okay. Some were too low for my taste, but I'm pretty pleased with my math class. 98.7%.
    That's hardly bad...

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it's only a B. Good enough is good enough.

ION: I thought class was at 5, not 5:30. I'm up half an hour earlier than I should be. Alas.
    Thats GOOD. Find the professor and kiss up say hi, if he gets there early.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Thats GOOD. Find the professor and kiss up say hi, if he gets there early.
    Tragic try in school? What.