New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Red Dead Redemption has given me an intense fear/hatred of cougars. Friggin' cougars, killing my horses...
    Those aren't cougars. They're silent tan deathmissiles that home in on you from miles away, and swarm until they create pockets of territory with no survivable ground to stand on.

...we used to drive coaches to that cabin in the snow and camp on top of it, hunting them to extinction. >.>

*sudden RDR memory of discovering the glitch that let you stand 1000's of feet in the air in multiplayer*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Umm... The only other species of big cat I can think of that isn't endangered is the Lynx...
    But they live in Canada as well.
    The Lynx, like the Cougar, is in Felinae, not Panthera. So, no, the Lynx is not a big cat.

Jaguars are only near threatened, so they aren't endangered yet. Leopards are in the same boat. Tigers are endangers, while lions are only vulnerable. So, tigers are the only endangered large cats. On the other hand, the iberian lynx is critically endangered. So don't go killing cats in Spain.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2012-08-22 at 01:50 AM. Reason: replacing a d with an n
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Yeah, fine, fine. Just know nothing you have except maybe an Ice type legendary could ever take my Mence.

Comprende?

Weavile? Don't actually remember if ice shard OHKOs.
    Last edited by inky13112; 2012-08-22 at 12:40 AM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Those aren't cougars. They're silent tan deathmissiles that home in on you from miles away, and swarm until they create pockets of territory with no survivable ground to stand on.
    Just try getting the hunting challenge for killing 5 with dynamite (or is it the knife?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

I started a new file in RDR a few days ago, and it's glitching and spawning cougars by Armadillo and MacFarlane's Ranch.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    The Lynx, like the Cougar, is in Felidae, not Panthera. So, no, the Lynx is not a big cat.

Jaguars are only near threatened, so they aren't endangered yet. Leopards are in the same boat. Tigers are endangers, while lions are only vulnerable. So, tigers are the only endangered large cats. On the other hand, the iberian lynx is critically endangered. So don't go killing cats in Spain.
    Technically, the term "Big Cat" has nothing to do with whether something is in the genus Panthera, Neofelis, Uncia or any other.

It is an informal term to refer to certain varieties of cat. The most expansive definition includes Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards, Cheetahs, Cougars, Snow Leopards, Clouded Leopards and Sunda Clouded Leopards.
    (Panthera Leo, Panthera Tigris, Panthera Onca, Panthera Pardus, Acinonyx Jubatus, Puma Concolor, Uncia Uncia, Neofelis Nebulosa and Neofelis Diardi.)

The Lion is in Panthera, subfamily Pantherinae, family Felidae. The Cougar is in Puma, subfamily Felinae, family Felidae.

Admittedly, the Lynx is not classified as a big cat, but I just wanted to point out that they're all in Felidae.

Also, the Snow Leopard is endangered as well, not just the Tiger. And despite vulnerable not technically being endangered, it means they can become endangered if people aren't careful, and many of them are threatened in significant parts of their range or have endangered subspecies.

The bolded section is the only important part of this.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #517

tongue Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Red Dead Redemption has given me an intense fear/hatred of cougars. Friggin' cougars, killing my horses...
    I know, right? I've developed a massive grudge against creepers for the same reason.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Colossus in the Playground

But you didn't beat me to finding that cougars are totally not endangered.
    I never said I was smart, just that I was the best ninja. They aren't things that require each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I know, right? I've developed a massive grudge against creepers for the same reason.
    Hsssssssssssssss

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Trying to decide which is worse. On the one hand, most creepergrief comes from the fact that they blow up your everythings. On the other hand, they don't have the same propensity for somehow informing their friends where you'll respawn, killing you from nowhere as you attempt to figure out where the game's plopped you now. >.>

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

Can someone explain to me how it is possible to have "vegan chicken flavor" with "natural flavors"? I was extremely nervous about eating the dish which contained this ingredient....

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Can someone explain to me how it is possible to have "vegan chicken flavor" with "natural flavors"? I was extremely nervous about eating the dish which contained this ingredient....
    Natural flavors are derived from natural sources, not necessarily the thing they taste like. Artificial flavors are the end results of a controlled chemical process. Of the two, I trust artificial flavors more.

And, Elemental, I claim late night as the cause of swapping an 'n' for a 'd'. I have corrected my post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

And, Elemental, I claim late night as the cause of swapping an 'n' for a 'd'. I have corrected my post above.
    Perfectly understandable.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Colossus in the Playground

Random question. Did anyone's parents ever make up stories to persuade you not to stay up late? My Dad always said we'd turn into pumpkins if we stayed up past midnight.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Banned

I am not going to post on the Sandswept forums anymore. "Why Uncle Maxios?" you might ask. The answer is simple: too many jackasses. Earlier, I mentioned all the projects I'm writing and this one...man... Makes this really rude comment about how if my normal writing is like my webcomic then I should really read books on how to write. Then this other guy, this real arrogant son of a...person said "agreed".
    Excuse me? I've been writing my entire damn life and these two teenage idiots try to tell me I don't know a single damn thing about writing ? I am normally a really mellow guy, but if this idiot said this to me in RL, it would take all of my willpower to not break his nose.
    Don't let it get to you. Some people are just unconstructive jerks. Though, sometimes those kinds of people are giving proper advice, just in a very poor tone. And you really don't want to get a reputation as the guy who ignores advice. :s

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Random question. Did anyone's parents ever make up stories to persuade you not to stay up late? My Dad always said we'd turn into pumpkins if we stayed up past midnight.
    That made me laugh. A lot.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

No. But I distinctly remember from when I was younger and we'd have missionaries over for dinner, my parents, usually my Mum, would mention "Pumpkin Hour" because they had to be in at a certain time.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

ION: Guys, when terraforming a planet, is there something special you do to get it from T2 to T3? I just keeps stopping right at the outer ring of T3.
    Throw more terraforming tools at it. Some planets just do that. Although the best idea is to farm the achievements (or whatever they call them in english) that lets you buy the terraforming beams. They're simply the best.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Uhh... there are a lot of better ways to impress such people.
    [...]
    Given, this highly depends on how burocratic the system you're trying to get into is. Seeing how a system that allows special cases is susceptible to corruption, this is something that's often ruled out, like here in Sweden for example.

That said, grades actually do serve another purpose, although it isn't obvious at first. Due to the high pressure on the medical programs here in Sweden, only those with absolute top grades have a chance to get into them. This may seem like a bad thing in a country that could use more doctors, but I've learned from a friend of mine who works as one that due to the extremely high difficulty of the medical programs, only those with top grades (as a group) are sufficiently motivated to actually get through it. Everyone else are just a waste of time and resources.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

So I'm dumping all my unwanted work on my new intern. Heheh.

Hey, it's what they're for, right?

My mum always told me if I stayed up late, I would be too tired in the morning to do all the things I wanted to do.

Sometimes it's really odd to have straightforward, logical parents.

Then again, my dad always let me stay up and watch his TV shows with him. I specifically remember watching Columbo with him a lot. Heh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

No but my cousin once told me the reason nobody in our house stayed up past midnight was because we'd lose both our bodies and our souls to a black spectre if we looked out a window at midnight.

I'm still afraid to look out a window at midnight =(
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    No but my cousin once told me the reason nobody in our house stayed up past midnight was because we'd lose both our bodies and our souls to a black spectre if we looked out a window at midnight.

Don't worry. The worst thing that could be out there is an unearthly abomination, half spirit and half flesh, waiting for a suitable victim to keep alive while it drains their blood drop by drop.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

So that's why I haven't been able to meet my quota of souls.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry. The worst thing that could be out there is an unearthly abomination, half spirit and half flesh, waiting for a suitable victim to keep alive while it drains their blood drop by drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    So that's why I haven't been able to meet my quota of souls.
    That's it, you two are getting nuked from orbit.

Just as soon as i find a nuke... and a silo... and somebody who can fire them who doesn't have moral quandries with blowing up two people for a joke... and a spaceship to go into orbit
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-22 at 08:06 AM.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

That's okay, HT. I used to be afraid of looking out the window after dark, too. ... Wait a minute. I'm still afraid of looking out the window after dark.

Nah, not having a room on the ground floor anymore has pretty much cured me of that.
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

That's it, you two are getting nuked from orbit.

Just as soon as i find a nuke... and a silo... and somebody who can fire them who doesn't have moral quandries with blowing up two people for a joke... and a spaceship to go into orbit
    I don't know... You could probably order Exterminatus.
    I mean... This place is full of aliens, demons, old gods, heretics and mutants. And seeing as they're on Earth, it's a threat that's bound to destroy the Imperium if not eradicated!

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know... You could probably order Exterminatus.
    I mean... This place is full of aliens, demons, old gods, heretics and mutants. And seeing as they're on Earth, it's a threat that's bound to destroy the Imperium if not eradicated!
    You want to burn holy terra?! Are you INSANE?!

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #535
    Banned

Say now...is that a common thing for parents to tell their kids? There's a scenario in Betrayal at House on the Hill which I always thought seemed kind of random, but it's about soul-stealing things coming in the windows if anyone opens them, and it specifically calls them Specters.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

You want to burn holy terra?! Are you INSANE?!
    Not all of it... Just most of it...

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Say now...is that a common thing for parents to tell their kids? There's a scenario in Betrayal at House on the Hill which I always thought seemed kind of random, but it's about soul-stealing things coming in the windows if anyone opens them, and it specifically calls them Specters.
    It was a pretty common ghost story when i was younger but I don't think he actually called them spectres, i think he said 'ghost'

Also, i said cousin, not parent

Not all of it... Just most of it...
    Most of it?! But that's like 1/5 of the golden throne!!

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

I find this strangely adorable. And now I'm wondering if you have a fairy godmother or something.

My parents never did anything like this. In fact, I can't even remember them telling me I had to go to sleep by a certain time. Ah, well. =3

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

Most of it?! But that's like 1/5 of the golden throne!!
    It hasn't been built yet, so it'll be fine!

Also, I'm going to bed because I have a course tomorrow.
    Huzzah! Maybe...

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Understandable. Still though, I think Pokemon could use some balancing

Which reminds me, I've already got a team to beat up the single battle subway, but you're apparently a super baller at it, so give me a team to beat the Double Battle Subway. However, it must have the following stipulations!

1: No legendaries
    2: Must use a pokemon from each region. This will leave one of the regions out, unfortunately, but such is life.

Get too it! Please and thank you.

Also, hugs for Moonie! *hugs*
    Not got much experience with the battle subway myself, but if you're up for someone else having a go at your challenge, I'm trying to create a team that fits your stipulations.

My initial suggestion is the following (with suggested partial or completed movesets):

1)Gastrodon (with the storm drain ability)
    Recover and Surf definites here, not sure what else to go for

2)Aerodactyl (Rock head- too frail for Pressure to be worthwhile)
    Hone Claws to boost, Rockslide needed as well, might want a fang move and possibly roost

3)Golurk (Iron Fist for preference)
    Earthquake hits multiple targets, Focus Punch and Shadow punch get boosted by Iron Fist and Substitute is something to hide behind

4)Forretress (Sturdy for preference)
    Rapid Spin clears entry hazards, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes provide your own, and U-Turn helps get you away from trappers.

Main focus here is resistance or immunity to the common multi-target moves in doubles, such as Earthquake, Rockslide, Discharge, Surf and sometimes Explosion/Selfdestruct and the ability to remove crippling entry hazards. Team is biased a little towards physical attacking rather than special, but I find them easier to build.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.