New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Not got much experience with the battle subway myself, but if you're up for someone else having a go at your challenge, I'm trying to create a team that fits your stipulations.

My initial suggestion is the following (with suggested partial or completed movesets):

1)Gastrodon (with the storm drain ability)
    Recover and Surf definites here, not sure what else to go for

2)Aerodactyl (Rock head- too frail for Pressure to be worthwhile)
    Hone Claws to boost, Rockslide needed as well, might want a fang move and possibly roost

3)Golurk (Iron Fist for preference)
    Earthquake hits multiple targets, Focus Punch and Shadow punch get boosted by Iron Fist and Substitute is something to hide behind

4)Forretress (Sturdy for preference)
    Rapid Spin clears entry hazards, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes provide your own, and U-Turn helps get you away from trappers.

Main focus here is resistance or immunity to the common multi-target moves in doubles, such as Earthquake, Rockslide, Discharge, Surf and sometimes Explosion/Selfdestruct and the ability to remove crippling entry hazards. Team is biased a little towards physical attacking rather than special, but I find them easier to build.
    Hmm, this sounds pretty nice, though I'll have to grind Aerodactyl fossil's untill I get one with the right ability. Doesn't sound that bad though. Could you send me a PM with this team and the Natures and EV's I should try to get to make them better, please?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Well, somehow I showed up for class 2 hours early. Ah me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Well, somehow I showed up for class 2 hours early. Ah me.
    Don't worry, you'll get into the groove soon!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I saw this video of this ten year old kid playing TF2 on a trade server (the kid wasn't recording, another guy was) who then got scammed out of nearly all of his items by this one guy. This kid loses it, starts dropping f-bombs left and right (eventually calling a guy a **** ****ing ****er). Near the end of the video, he mentions how he wants to join the marines because he would get to shoot people
    Where were this kid's parents? Did they leave their ten-year old son at home? Were they there? Did they not hear him, or did they and they just didn't care? If my parents heard me talk like that at that age, I would be in gigantic trouble.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Where were this kid's parents? Did they leave their ten-year old son at home?
    Sounds reasonable. Over here, it's more a rule than an exception that 10 years olds go home on their own (or together with friends) after school and handle themselves until their parent finish work.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hmm, this sounds pretty nice, though I'll have to grind Aerodactyl fossil's untill I get one with the right ability. Doesn't sound that bad though. Could you send me a PM with this team and the Natures and EV's I should try to get to make them better, please?
    You should just and check out Smogon.

Where were this kid's parents? Did they leave their ten-year old son at home? Were they there? Did they not hear him, or did they and they just didn't care? If my parents heard me talk like that at that age, I would be in gigantic trouble.
    I know I was home alone as a 10 year old. And my videogames were all in the basement. I probably wouldn't swear like that to people, but I definitely did swear with my friends when I was 10.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-08-22 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet, T-Mobile is offering a $70 completely unlimited data plan just as I was looking for a new phone.
    Hopefully they have decent coverage on the Cape.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

8. - Top - End - #548

So, I saw this video of this ten year old kid playing TF2 on a trade server (the kid wasn't recording, another guy was) who then got scammed out of nearly all of his items by this one guy. This kid loses it, starts dropping f-bombs left and right (eventually calling a guy a **** ****ing ****er). Near the end of the video, he mentions how he wants to join the marines because he would get to shoot people
    Question is, who was recording the video?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Don't worry, you'll get into the groove soon!
    Thanks Gwyn. I'm already improving. I hardly ever get lost now, and can get in and out of the dorm without setting off any alarms.

The average ten year old is perfectly capable of being left alone for a little while. As to the rest of it, that's just typical ten year old behavior. And different parents have different standards.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Gwyn. I'm already improving. I hardly ever get lost now, and can get in and out of the dorm without setting off any alarms.
    *Still imagines you smashing a window to get into your dorm even though he knows the door just goes off after 10 or whatever*
    The average ten year old is perfectly capable of being left alone for a little while. As to the rest of it, that's just typical ten year old behavior. And different parents have different standards.
    Yeah, I didn't swear as a ten year old (Still said H-E-double hockey-sticks.), but that isn't a shocking thing for now. If its online, its gonna be a ten year old screeching into a mic and thinking a swear every 4 words makes him badass. Sadly I got used to it.

Oh, Serp. This is the first time I confused the thread and your travel guide thread, ever. I almost posted this in there, until I noticed the thread title.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-08-22 at 06:40 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Bugbear in the Playground

The fact that this doesn't surprise me at all is a sad testament to the degradation of society.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Because 10 year-olds only just now started to swear. This hasn't been happening for decades, nay, centuries.

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Because 10 year-olds only just now started to swear. This hasn't been happening for decades, nay, centuries.
    Because I was referencing the swearing rather than being far too emotionally invested in a video game, and the fact that he wants to kill people.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-08-22 at 06:49 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    The fact that this doesn't surprise me at all is a sad testament to the degradation of society.
    Nah, society isn't degrading at all. People today are the same as people always have been. Same with kids. Teenagers are the only new development, socially.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, society isn't degrading at all. People today are the same as people always have been. Same with kids. Teenagers are the only new development, socially.
    Teens have become different? We're the same as a teen from the 80's, but with cell phones.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

For most of history, there was no such thing as an adolescent. You were either a child or an adult. But like Gwyn said, everything's the same. I'm sure he doesn't really wanna kill people. He was just an angry little boy.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Because I was referencing the swearing rather than being far too emotionally invested in a video game, and the fact that he wants to kill people.
    We have no proof that he was overly invested, and the latter's also not something remotely close to new.

18. - Top - End - #558

For most of history, there was no such thing as an adolescent. You were either a child or an adult. But like Gwyn said, everything's the same. I'm sure he doesn't really wanna kill people. He was just an angry little boy.
    Even 'childhood', as we understand it, is a relatively recent invention.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

19. - Top - End - #559

Aye, the social construct that is the teenager, and the idea of a separate "teenager culture" first arrived in, what, the 40s were the first hints? The idea of these teen-heartthrob characters, like Sinatra.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

20. - Top - End - #560

Judging from the graffiti we've seen in Pompeii I think it's safe to say that a "teenage culture" started the instant humanity did.

Here is where I'd quote a line from a soldier saying he buggered three women in this location, but I forgot the name of said soldier. And sorry Python fans, it's not Biggus Dickus

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Judging from the graffiti we've seen in Pompeii I think it's safe to say that a "teenage culture" started the instant humanity did.

Here is where I'd quote a line from a soldier saying he buggered three women in this location, but I forgot the name of said soldier. And sorry Python fans, it's not Biggus Dickus
    Lewd remarks do not constitute a teenage culture.

ION: Guys, I've determined that I'm gonna have to stop sleeping all afternoon between classes, because I end up staying shut up and awake in the dorm all night doing homework and my social life is suffering.

I went to the bookstore today and bought all of my textbooks that I could for what money I had with me. I now have about 10 dollars to my name. I ate my last food this morning. Boy, I'm sure glad the weekend's coming; college has introduced me to a whole new level of poverty.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-22 at 11:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562

I went to Pompeii six years ago. There were... interesting drawings all over.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563

Some specific gladiators were very popular, so I hear...

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I went to Pompeii six years ago. There were... interesting drawings all over.
    Man, you've been everywhere Moonie. Wish I could go adventuring like you do

25. - Top - End - #565

Some specific gladiators were very popular, so I hear...
    Did you know that the oil they used with their strigils (therefore containing all the dirt on their skins and their shed skin) would be collected and sold to fangirls as facecream?

Man, you've been everywhere Moonie. Wish I could go adventuring like you do
    I've only been to four states. And something over thirteen countries.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-22 at 11:43 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

Did you know that the oil they used with their strigils (therefore containing all the dirt on their skins and their shed skin) would be collected and sold to fangirls as facecream?
    Yeah, I think I've read that somewhere.

*sigh*, I wish I understood what makes people tick.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

.... Thanks Mooncat. Next time i see a girl with make-up on I'll be thinking about sweaty implied-to-be-gay men covered in half-dried mud
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Which countries, oh well-travelled one? =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

*sigh*, I wish I understood what makes people tick.
    I think we all do, but don't take Psychology hoping to find out. All you'll get for your trouble is a bunch of overpriced things you have to buy.

30. - Top - End - #570

Impressive. I've...been to Alberta, in one city. And I've very briefly (ie, Airport Hotel) been to various other provinces on the way to New Brunswick once. That's it, never have left Canada.