New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    My mother finally woke up enough to listen to my explanation (to confirm I had to use IM to be safe). For some reason she thinks I'll be completely zonked out tomorrow. She also declared that I had the decision making abilities of a drunk orangutan.
    She isn't especially well-versed in how sleep works, I take it. For example, to pull an all-nighter (I don't know if this is the correct term for this situation. We Swedes say "dygna", but it's not a word that translators accept) is actually a better way to reset your sleep schedule than going to bed earlier is.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #932
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    I fully approve of this plan, especially if you use morays because they are awesome.
    Yup, that's me. Constantly tripping over those darn eels! Although I like electric eels.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    She isn't especially well-versed in how sleep works, I take it. For example, to pull an all-nighter (I don't know if this is the correct term for this situation. We Swedes say "dygna", but it's not a word that translators accept) is actually a better way to reset your sleep schedule than going to bed earlier is.
    Yeah. I dunno. Well, she's not mad at me or anything, so as long as I'm fine tomorrow everything's good. Except now she says I have to learn how to fall asleep. From 'reliable websites'.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-26 at 09:21 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Hyperhydrosis sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Hyperhydrosis sucks.
    Ya know what else sucks?

Finding out that while on anesthetic, you were hilarious, and not only not being able to remember any of it, but realizing that no, they did not record it so you could watch later
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

A lot of things suck. Truly, you will forever be haunted by your missed chance of YouTube fame. What were you on anesthesia for?
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

6. - Top - End - #936

Being awake sucks.

I have a headache, and my memory is starting to deteriorate.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Being awake sucks.

I have a headache, and my memory is starting to deteriorate.
    Were you drinking?

Alcohol, I mean?
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-26 at 11:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Were you drinking?

Alcohol, I mean?
    Any sufficiently great lack of sleep is indistinguishable from inebriation. You get really weird really quickly once you pass your sleepiness treshold (I know from experience that mine lies after more or less exactly 20 hours of being awake).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-08-26 at 11:51 AM.

Show

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    A lot of things suck. Truly, you will forever be haunted by your missed chance of YouTube fame. What were you on anesthesia for?
    A few weeks back, i got my wisdom teeth pulled. Forget youtube fame, this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to laugh at myself as if I were another person!!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-26 at 11:47 AM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

A few weeks back, i got my wisdom teeth pulled. Forget youtube fame, this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to laugh at myself as if I were another person!!
    That sounds too painful to recreate, even if the POINT is the anesthesia.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    That sounds too painful to recreate, even if the POINT is the anesthesia.
    I don't mean the actual operation, you ****! I meant the ride home and how I acted at home. Apparently I couldn't stand up (I actually remember that part), I kept falling asleep in the car (oddly i remember that too) and i couldn't shut up.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #942
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't mean the actual operation, you ****! I meant the ride home and how I acted at home. Apparently I couldn't stand up (I actually remember that part), I kept falling asleep in the car (oddly i remember that too) and i couldn't shut up.
    HalfTangible After Dentist?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

HalfTangible After Dentist?
    I'm weird enough when I'm NOT high on painkillers

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

So my flatmate got mad at me a few nights ago, and he's a lot better with computers than I am (I can do minor coding, make a tower from scratch, all that jazz, whereas he can get on without a password or change files without the system recording the change), so he got onto my computer and found a way to make it so that my USB wireless receiver (I'm too far from our router for a cable, so my desktop uses wireless) only operates for a specific hour a day.
    Anyone know how I can
    1) See if he did anything else
    2) Figure out which hour it is
    3) Undo this

Without spending money on a customer support call?

I'm running windows seven if that's any help.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #945

I've never been on painkillers. Considering my trains of thought when I'm total coherent...
    I sincerely hope someone is there to film me.

Were you drinking?

Alcohol, I mean?
    Nope. In order to beat my summertime sleep jet lag, I decided I'd stay up the whole night beofre the day before school, and then be so tired I'd go to bed at a reasonable time tonight, so I'd be able to wake up before afternoon tomorrow. I am currently suffering the side effects.

Any sufficiently great lack of sleep is indistinguishable from inebriation. You get really weird really quickly once you pass your sleepiness treshold (I know from experience that mine lies after more or less exactly 20 hours of being awake).
    Oh yes. during my third improvathon (I had be up for about 32 hours by then, becuase of the time before the imrpovathon started) I started hallucinating impossible-to-read speech bubble coming out of the mouths of the people on stage. Also, for some reason, in that partcullar part of the show, they kept on doign really, really, really short scenes, and then cutting the whole room to black every five seconds. It didn't help, as I stopped being sure whether I'd fallen asleep or not, and got dizzy. Also, those damn speech bubbles only went away in the dark, when they could have been useful. They were luminescent.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

*stumbles in from convention*

Well, I got hit on by some dude in the Rave last night and got mistaken for a Hot Topic employee twice this morning when I was dragged into the store by some girl friends. Still been a pretty good weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'm going to name my next cat Sebastian.
    Tie a tray to it's back and a sticky pad on top of it, and place sticky pads under all of the cups and dishes.
    Instant butler!

Italy is auburn, though, not blonde
    Blonde dye after a light application of peroxide gives me Italy's auburn.
    You know where I live! You could probably just send a ninja maid after me if I let anything slip!
    Why send maids if I myself can go, efficiency above all.
    If Elden ever gets pissed (really pissed, not regular levels of Adalhard<Elden pissedness) he can turn him into a tree!
    A very talkative tree.
    Size losing. Magic.
    In my case is more akin to stop taking afternoon tea and move dinner earlier, and cut out brunch and dessert.
    Yes, but you know how ridiculous it looks when you see someone attempting to cosplay something they really don't look like. Like the Ciel and Sebastian thing you mentioned earlier.
    But there is no CATGIRL the character, it's just a concept, while there IS a SEBASTIAN and a CIEL, while catgirl is a girl with cat ears and tail that says neko at regular intervals.
    Seeing your uncanny ability to sniff out personal information about just about everyone on here, I suppose that amount of paranoia is justified in your case. I would give you a shot at me just for personal amusement, but since I'm a member of Playgrounders on Facebook, that wouldn't really be a challenge.
    You could have multiple facebook accounts, each with your name but pictures taken from google images to mislead me, which is what I plan to do if I ever become in dire need of a facebook, create a massive misinformation network of Sheldonian levels.
    How is it justified to be paranoid when you are the biggest threat?
    If I can find it, anyone else can.
    Yeah. I dunno. Well, she's not mad at me or anything, so as long as I'm fine tomorrow everything's good. Except now she says I have to learn how to fall asleep. From 'reliable websites'.
    Try Ubermann, works great until you realise no one else does it.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I had two friends go for Ubermann over the summer. They actually made it past the first month, but when school started back up they got screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

You could have multiple facebook accounts, each with your name but pictures taken from google images to mislead me, which is what I plan to do if I ever become in dire need of a facebook, create a massive misinformation network of Sheldonian levels.
    Ahh, but see, I'm living on the opposite end of the paranoia versus naivity scale. But then again, I haven't done anything you could use to blackmail me and my family isn't wealthy enough for kidnapping to be profitable. Sure, you could throw a bunch of tailored adverts at me, but unless they actually amuse me, they'll only make me less inclined to buy whatever you're trying to sell, and I'm sufficiently good at ignoring them to not care.

Random phone calls in the middle of the night would be a new experience, but I could always turn off/unplug the phone before going to bed if they became a nuisance. And while you might just be out to kill me, it would certainly be much easier to just walk to the central square, where there are more potential witnesses, or the streets at night, where there are less potential witnesses, depending on what it is that you aim for.

Show

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I had two friends go for Ubermann over the summer. They actually made it past the first month, but when school started back up they got screwed.
    I did two months of Ubermann at school plus summer. I slept on the recesses which matched perfectly. I stopped when I noticed there was nothing to actually do at night and the time won was pretty useless for most intents and purposes.
    Ahh, but see, I'm living on the opposite end of the paranoia versus naivity scale. But then again, I haven't done anything you could use to blackmail me and my family isn't wealthy enough for kidnapping to be profitable. Sure, you could throw a bunch of tailored adverts at me, but unless they actually amuse me, they'll only make me less inclined to buy whatever you're trying to sell, and I'm sufficiently good at ignoring them to not care.
    I do have reasons for paranoia, I've had two cousins kidnapped, which also means even taking a cab makes my parents go into over watchfulness mode. And there is always blackmail material, you just don't think it is until it is spun in the right direction.

Random phone calls in the middle of the night would be a new experience, but I could always turn off/unplug the phone before going to bed if they became a nuisance. And while you might just be out to kill me, it would certainly be much easier to just walk to the central square, where there are more potential witnesses, or the streets at night, where there are less potential witnesses, depending on what it is that you aim for.
    That would assume a given level of sanity and pragmatism from the stalker. There is constant sabotage, and targeted sabotage, where you have to pay to make it stop. But I have no intention of doing that, it's just the possibility is enough to make me think enough times not to post overtly personal stuff on the world WIDE web.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-26 at 04:26 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

21. - Top - End - #951

Tie a tray to it's back and a sticky pad on top of it, and place sticky pads under all of the cups and dishes.
    Instant butler!
    You are my new hero for this.

Blonde dye after a light application of peroxide gives me Italy's auburn.
    What color is your hair naturally?

Why send maids if I myself can go, efficiency above all.
    Aww, if I have to die, I rather be killed by a kickass ninja maid than by you!

A very talkative tree.
    Like Bregalad! ^.^

In my case is more akin to stop taking afternoon tea and move dinner earlier, and cut out brunch and dessert.
    Dude. WHAT CENTURY DO YOU LIVE IN AND CAN I MOVE IN WITH YOU?

But there is no CATGIRL the character, it's just a concept, while there IS a SEBASTIAN and a CIEL, while catgirl is a girl with cat ears and tail that says neko at regular intervals.
    Which makes dressing up as a plain catgirl totally boring! Any girl can do it and be cutsey for a day. Altohugh the only catgirl I can think of off the top of my head is Blair from Soul Eater, and I am DEFINITELY ever going to be able to dress up as her.

My brother did it, and since he was regularly harrasing me when I was trying to sleep I tried doing it, and went nuts. For that very reason, plus the fact that I suck at falling asleep. I have, like, L levels of insomnia, usually because my mind wont ever shut up.

If my brain were a person talking to me, me trying to sleep would sound like :youmonsterrocksheydidyoueverthinkaboustilldoingsc iencestilldoingsciencethowGLaDOSsaid2plus2waitisth athowyoupronounceGLaDOSthatsongwassocoolyeahbutCav eStoryhadbestmusQUICKLYTELLMETHELASTNAMEOFRUSSIAma nthatonefanficwascool'SHUMANNAMERIGHTNOWANDWHATSEV ENTYTHREETIMESTWENTYTHREEISohremebertattechniquemo mtriedtoteachyouaobutmultiplicationdonanobispacems hesaidyou'dgetpaidfivedollarsforeverylessonyouwere willingtositthroughIwonderifthatsstillonthetablewh atshouldwedoaboutmakingfriendsthisyearFREAKOUTABOU TCOLLEGENOW

(I actually had to get up in the middle of the night to check the last name of Russia/Ivan, and then again when I wanted to find out whether my answer to 73x23 was right (it was). Those things both happened, and I alternate between worrying about my education and worrying about making friends throughout the night.)

In any case, yes, I found Ubermann not that helpful with everyone else not doing it as well.

ION: I just tried to take a bath while under the effects of my sleep deprivation. I first nearly drowned myself by not noticing I was slipping lower into the wate,r then randomly tried to wash my hair in the sink. I should pull all-nighters more often! This is FUN!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-26 at 04:26 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

What color is your hair naturally?
    Due to genetic tracking it is dark brown. But I see it as almost black, mother was the one who came up with the way to get it to Italy's auburn.
    Aww, if I have to die, I rather be killed by a kickass ninja maid than by you!
    I could do it while dressed in an overcoat with both my rapier and short sword, at night; also, my maids are not ninjas.
    Like Bregalad! ^.^
    He could also turn off the fire and be effectively almost immortal like ent... I think I know where to cheese to next.
    Dude. WHAT CENTURY DO YOU LIVE IN AND CAN I MOVE IN WITH YOU?
    XXIst century but for all intents and purposes my doorstep leads to steampunk era. Moving in would certainly solve the problem with who gets custody of LaZ and the tug of war.
    Which makes dressing up as a plain catgirl totally boring! Any girl can do it and be cutsey for a day. Altohugh the only catgirl I can think of off the top of my head is Blair from Soul Eater, and I am DEFINITELY ever going to be able to dress up as her.
    Konata as a catgirl, you could pull it reasonably well... and give LaZ a nosebleed in the process.

My brother did it, and since he was regularly harrasing me when I was trying to sleep I tried doing it, and went nuts. For that very reason, plus the fact that I suck at falling asleep. I have, like, L levels of insomnia, usually because my mind wont ever shut up.

If my brain were a person talking to me, me trying to sleep would sound like :youmonsterrocksheydidyoueverthinkaboustilldoingsc iencestilldoingsciencethowGLaDOSsaid2plus2waitisth athowyoupronounceGLaDOSthatsongwassocoolyeahbutCav eStoryhadbestmusQUICKLYTELLMETHELASTNAMEOFRUSSIAma nthatonefanficwascool'SHUMANNAMERIGHTNOWANDWHATSEV ENTYTHREETIMESTWENTYTHREEISohremebertattechniquemo mtriedtoteachyouaobutmultiplicationdonanobispacems hesaidyou'dgetpaidfivedollarsforeverylessonyouwere willingtositthroughIwonderifthatsstillonthetablewh atshouldwedoaboutmakingfriendsthisyearFREAKOUTABOU TCOLLEGENOW

(I actually had to get up in the middle of the night to check the last name of Russia/Ivan, and then again when I wanted to find out whether my answer to 73x23 was right (it was). Those things both happened, and I alternate between worrying about my education and worrying about making friends throughout the night.)

In any case, yes, I found Ubermann not that helpful with everyone else not doing it as well.
    Yah, you grow lonely and awake people to talk with them, I did it to a friend though, and on summer he actually was awake during those hours reading manga. It also was one of my most productive composing and drawing streaks, I awakened feeling the need to produce things.

ION: I just tried to take a bath while under the effects of my sleep deprivation. I first nearly drowned myself by not noticing I was slipping lower into the wate,r then randomly tried to wash my hair in the sink. I should pull all-nighters more often! This is FUN!
    ... I would recommend an emergency button or something if you are going to do that constantly though.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-26 at 05:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953

Due to genetic tracking it is dark brown. But I see it as almost black, mother was the one who came up with the way to get it to Italy's auburn.
    I could do it while dressed in an overcoat with both my rapier and short sword, at night; also, my maids are not ninjas.
    He could also turn off the fire and be effectively almost immortal like ent... I think I know where to cheese to next.
    XXIst century but for all intents and purposes my doorstep leads to steampunk era. Moving in would certainly solve the problem with who gets custody of LaZ and the tug of war.
    Cool. I'd have thought bleaching it lightly, then henna, but this way sounds cool.
    Ooooh, you might not want to try swordfighitng with me dude. I happen to excel at it.
    cheese to?
    Pleeeeaase let me move it August! I'll be really helpful! I'll be your Igor for your salt mazes if you agree to assist with my mummification of human bodies!

Konata as a catgirl, you could pull it reasonably well... and give LaZ a nosebleed in the process.

Yah, you grow lonely and awake people to talk with them, I did it to a friend though, and on summer he actually was awake during those hours reading manga.

... I would recommend an emergency button or something if you are going to do that constantly though.
    Right, I'm growing out my hair as of now. I always did want to be blue-haired.

Yeah. My brother and I were both totally nocturnal during the summer. He gets to keep on doing that tohugh, while I start school /jealous

Nah. I'll just stick myself in a padded room first. Wait, no, half the fun is interacting with my own world in ways I've never imagined. I dunno then. I'll just tell my mom not to let me near any bathtubs.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-26 at 05:09 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

I do have reasons for paranoia, I've had two cousins kidnapped, which also means even taking a cab makes my parents go into over watchfulness mode. And there is always blackmail material, you just don't think it is until it is spun in the right direction.
    Oof, but that's thankfully not the kind of stuff that regulary happens around here. And blackmailing me is fundamentaly based on the idea that I actually care, and that I actually have anything that's worth going through the risk of capture to obtain. I'm a student, I'm not all that rich.

That would assume a given level of sanity and pragmatism from the stalker. There is constant sabotage, and targeted sabotage, where you have to pay to make it stop. But I have no intention of doing that, it's just the possibility is enough to make me think enough times not to post overtly personal stuff on the world WIDE web.
    Well, I just sleep comfortably behind my wall of statistics saying that the likelyhood of that happening to me is night inexistent.

Oh, and that's why you're so careful about your personal details: you need to remain an enigma when the time has come for your sabotaging spree.

Indeed. The first time I did it, after having achieved a sufficiently high degree of success in the project that caused me do pull an all-nighter in the first case, and after unsuccessfully trying to play a reasonably lag-free session of Minecraft on the computers in the lab room, I ended up spending at least an hour (I have no idea of how this happened) drawing a small picture that I became quite proud of, although it ended up in the recycle bin, because I had nothing to carry it home in, and I didn't really want my friends to see it...

That, and I could spout endless observations about my state of consciousness, and exactly how much you could see of the next wing in the current light (it went from nothing to a shade to the windows being distinguishable to the colour being visible).

Show

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool. I'd have thought bleaching it lightly, then henna, but this way sounds cool.
    The way bleaching my hair affects its colour is very particular so I do need help to track where I'll end up at the end of it. Getting the colour for Vash was so insanely hard I ended up using a wig for it and I think I'll do that for Tiamet as well.
    Ooooh, you might not want to try swordfighitng with me dude. I happen to excel at it.
    I must inform you the reason I own a rapier is not due to whim but due to getting second at the fencing nationals and rented rapiers becoming prohibitively expensive. And the reason I own a short sword is not due to it's awesomeness alone at my wall but due to learning two handed sword combat (and soon my youngest sister shall join me on my medieval hunting team by learning archery). That and a duel with a lady is not proper, so I must relinquish thy request for one. Assassin slashing is totally ok though.
    cheese to?
    Optimize my character to become a freeze casting tree.
    Pleeeeaase let me move in August! I'll be really helpful! I'll be your Igor for your salt mazes if you agree to assist with my mummification of human bodies!
    Well, my father's brother was supposed to move in for two months and we converted the music room to house him. He hasn't yet come despite his announcement being arrival at the 15, so you could come over. I'd much rather have... anyone actually than uncle Alan there (his real name isn't Alan, but you could deduce why I call him that).
    Right, I'm growing out my hair as of now. I always did want to be blue-haired.
    Great, you'll have Konata hair length and you just need the sailor uniform and ears to make it!
    Yeah. My brother and I were both totally nocturnal during the summer. He gets to keep on doing that tohugh, while I start school /jealous
    I don't find nocturnalness that awesome despite being on it for two years. I actually prefer my normal daylight schedule despite in theory being able to do all of uni at night.
    Nah. I'll just stick myself in a padded room first. Wait, no, half the fun is interacting with my own world in ways I've never imagined. I dunno then. I'll just tell my mom not to let me near any bathtubs.
    Or give you a diving tank to walk with and wrap you in bubble paper.
    Oof, but that's thankfully not the kind of stuff that regulary happens around here. And blackmailing me is fundamentaly based on the idea that I actually care, and that I actually have anything that's worth going through the risk of capture to obtain. I'm a student, I'm not all that rich.
    It doesn't happen regularly here either, but if it happens once the chance that it could happen again is enough.

And programming power, one could blackmail people for their skills. You could end up in a basement programming Dora the Explorer games until the day you die.
    Well, I just sleep comfortably behind my wall of statistics saying that the likelyhood of that happening to me is night inexistent.
    That's what everyone thinks until it happens to them.
    Oh, and that's why you're so careful about your personal details: you need to remain an enigma when the time has come for your sabotaging spree.
    Can't be a proper antagonist to the brotherhood of the Blue Moon Zodiac without being absolutely cryptic and charming enough to be requested by fans to stay alive.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-26 at 05:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Colossus in the Playground

I approve of everything that has happened since Moonie got sleep deprived.

Also, the only thing that happens when I'm sleep deprived is I fall aslee randomly.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

And programming power, one could blackmail people for their skills. You could end up in a basement programming Dora the Explorer games until the day you die.
    Hey, that almost sounds fun!

That's what everyone thinks until it happens to them.
    Perhaps, but with the slight clarification that it doesn't happen to everyone. And since the whole programming field relies on copious amounts of statistics (and the correct interpretation of the same), I'm bound to put faith in it.

Plus, the study of statistics brings such marvellous conclusions such as the one a friend at gaming club told me: If you were a young man living in Chicago (IIRC) during the Vietnam War, going to Vietnam would actually increase your life expectance, and dramatically so. Statistics are just wonderful.

Show

28. - Top - End - #958

Indeed. The first time I did it, after having achieved a sufficiently high degree of success in the project that caused me do pull an all-nighter in the first case, and after unsuccessfully trying to play a reasonably lag-free session of Minecraft on the computers in the lab room, I ended up spending at least an hour (I have no idea of how this happened) drawing a small picture that I became quite proud of, although it ended up in the recycle bin, because I had nothing to carry it home in, and I didn't really want my friends to see it...

That, and I could spout endless observations about my state of consciousness, and exactly how much you could see of the next wing in the current light (it went from nothing to a shade to the windows being distinguishable to the colour being visible).
    i think the most fun I had when sleep deprived was when I stayed up for three days as a bet during a week-long sleepover with friends. They all tried to find the best ways to make me act crazy for their entertainment, and I did, but the best was some point past the 72 hour marks where I was on my friends trampoline and jumping up and down, and thinking I was actually doing a Portal Gun freefall because I'd forgotten how to stop bouncing.

The way bleaching my hair affects its colour is very particular so I do need help to track where I'll end up at the end of it. Getting the colour for Vash was so insanely hard I ended up using a wig for it and I think I'll do that for Tiamet as well.
    I must inform you the reason I own a rapier is not due to whim but due to getting second at the fencing nationals and rented rapiers becoming prohibitively expensive. And the reason I own a short sword is not due to it's awesomeness alone at my wall but due to learning two handed sword combat (and soon my youngest sister shall join me on my medieval hunting team by learning archery). That and a duel with a lady is not proper, so I must relinquish thy request for one. Assassin slashing is totally ok though.
    Optimize my character to become a freeze casting tree.
    Well, my father's brother was supposed to move in for two months and we converted the music room to house him. He hasn't yet come despite his announcement being arrival at the 15, so you could come over. I'd much rather have... anyone actually than uncle Alan there (his real name isn't Alan, but you could deduce why I call him that).
    Great, you'll have Konata hair length and you just need the sailor uniform and ears to make it!
    I don't find nocturnalness that awesome despite being on it for two years. I actually prefer my normal daylight schedule despite in theory being able to do all of uni at night.
    Or give you a diving tank to walk with and wrap you in bubble paper.
    Interesting. I havne't done much with my hair besides streak it blue and the occasional henna. Mainly because I tend to hate the idea of my hair looking unnatural, but I have never been able to find a dye that could get me back to my own color.

I figured that was why actually. And I was top in my classes for fencing (and stage fighting, although that will hardly be useful in such a situation) and studied knife throwing. I would be able to dfend myself until I put the other tricks I've got into play. Also, shut up abut not dueling ladies, that's totally not cool!
    Ah.
    AWESOME! Give me contact info, I'll fly right over there! What should I bring other than my weapons and the corpses?
    WOO!
    I don't care either way, I just prefer being awake when the people I want to talk to are. Mainly, I'm against the idea of sleeping regularly, and if I could set my won schedule, I'd stay up for days on end and then crash whenever I needed it.
    poppoppoppoppoppoppoppop...
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

I discovered WoW Heroics a few days ago.

This game is fun again =3

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

I discovered WoW Heroics a few days ago.

This game is fun again =3
    How are heroics FUN for you?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.