New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heart of Gheddon

Axile ground his teeth. He didn't like running away, even if it was a tactical retreat. But what could they do? It was very possible for more to show up, or for them to have unexpected powers. However, he wasn't just going to let the roam around on their own. He quickly commands his magma elemental to engage once they start running away.

"I'll have my elemental stay and fight while we go back. I don't want to just let them run around free." He says as he turns around back to the tavern.
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing Axile turn back to the tavern, Bill starts heading there as well.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #63

Outside:

By the time Cassie has arrived at the entrance the raven has flown through the door and both bill and Axile are visible heading toward the impromptu meeting spot as well.

Inside:

Casker enters the tavern, lands nearby Firia, and speaks in elven.
    "Fire and humans both fall from the sky Firia. I believe it is time we make our escape."

4. - Top - End - #64

Axile decides that it's best to resummon his magma elemental at this time. He's surely done his job for now, at least keeping those weird gnomes at bay for a little bit. With a few quick words, he summons the elemental at his side, ready to take on anything that should jump in their way.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Cassie came to the entrance of the tavern, Andrann, his face covered by chain and his head guarded by a rigid helmet, stood infront of her, blocking the passage at his best. "What's going on?" he'd ask her if she did not avoid him - shouting a bit while doing so.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Annoyed at being blocked, Cassie answers sharply "I have no idea. It is raining fire and there are people falling from the sky. Now please move so I can find Firia. I'd rather not have to use this." She holds up the white blade.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

I nod to the dwarf and smile at him.

-Lock yourself and hope for the best, if they try to force their way in they will probably make a ruckus I doubt they would be able to teleport inside.

I wait weighting my options, Casker can probably find me here but if I leave finding the familiar would be harder. I rather keep him close just in case...

Oh, there he is. I raise a hand so he can land.

-Glad you made it back.

I smile to the bird and caress its head. Were can we go? I certainly can move fast and I am certain that I might be able to outrun some of the demons if it gets to the bitter end.

-This is a dead end, we might be able to hold it. But I'll trust you on the running. Do you know were the other can be?

I take my decision is time to move.

-I need some knack don't hold me back.

The intonation of the spell sounds right, I feel more lucky, bold, capable of doing better.

-I can move fast, lead the way, be careful.

I walk towards the door and see some of the other people that were in the tavern earlier.

-Cassie, glad you were not ambushed by the demons.

I move towards the other elf and raise a hand almost to touch her but doubt remembering that she wasn't fond of physical contact.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #68

Axile and Bill arrive at the entrance of the tavern with the other three. The Bell still rings in the distance but not another living soul can be seen.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Glad to see you are unharmed as well, cousin," Cassie says when she sees Firia.

Looking around, she says to the group, "Well, what now? I suppose no one knows what's going on..."

10. - Top - End - #70

GreenSorcererElf

"It looks like a raid, but for people, not items, or gold. Sloppy though. The main question is whether or not we get ourselves captured so we can follow them. If we do get captured, with a bit of luck, we should be able to escape. Alternatively, we may be able to capture and compel one of these creatures to take us, with some risks. Either way, fun will follow."

Bill seeks a place of concealment, so that he can ambush any attackers with a crossbow shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    stealth(1d20+18)[31][/stealth]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-23 at 09:36 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrann first gazed between the two women as they conversated, then greeted Bill and Axile with his eyes - coldly so. "Are they coming from yonder?" asked Andrann to Bill, a slight sense of despise could be sensed in his words. His sword drawn, he set his gaze forth while Bill was trying to hide himself - like a coward, he thought.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

I tilt my head. Getting captured is not a really good thing.

-It's a raid. There are at least two Barl-guras. Their method of attack is not an easy one to deal with though. Getting captured is not an option, they move invisible and thought they become visible when they attack they seem to teleport away with whoever they take.

I check my possessions cheeking some of the blood of one of those taken, it is still not dry.

-They took a few people in the tavern while I was there, if I had a mirror and an hour I can probably find them but I don't dare to perform the spell without cover.

Well I was certain that I would be able to find them, if they were still alive, it was a wild guess, but if they were taken alive, the demons will probably keep them alive for a while.

13. - Top - End - #73

As Axile runs up he take a quick second or two to catch his breath. He had been in the town for a while now, seems he should of kept up with his physical training more!

"If we deal with the threat now, I can look in the past and see if there is clue why this happened, and who all they took. I can also look for them as long as I have a reflective surface." He says. He didn't want to give away too much about his powers, but for now that's all they needed to know.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

GreenSorcererElf

Upon hearing of their use of invisibility, Bill activates his Arcane Sight, intending to use it as a detect invisibility.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-24 at 09:23 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #75

A growing roar can be heard as a burning ball appears high over the street outside the Dragonskull inn and tavern and begins to descend rapidly. Crashing into the cobblestone directly adjacent to the group with a deafening smash, sending molten debris flying in every direction.

What remains after the smoke clears is not a ball of metallic rock. What remains this time is a large creature Reminiscent of a minotaur with an armadillo shell made of pitted metallic stone. Everything within the shell appears to be made of glowing molten rock coated in a thick layer of black ash. It roars and flame erupts from its burning maw.

16. - Top - End - #76

GreenSorcererElf

Bill turns to investigate this new threat, using Arcane Sight to see if it has any active magical effects. He also shoots it with the crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the creature has active magic, reduce the sneak attack by 1d6, and Bill will steal the effect. Otherwise, attack: (1d20+11)[31] Damage(1d8)[6] SA(4)(4d6)[16] SA(3)(3d6)[13] Can I attempt to absorb the effect I saved against? Does it inflict damage?
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-08-24 at 09:37 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #77

GreenSorcererElf

Sorry about the double post
    Spoiler
    Show
    threat(1d20+11)[29] crit damage:(2d8)[11]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #78

The bolt surprises the creature and strikes it in the neck to the effect of a minor eruption of flame from the wound.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holding his greatsword firmly, Andrann exhaled heavily into the air. The battlefield was heating up, but still could Andrann see his own misty breath meeting the cold of the air. "Stand back! I won't let you fall!" he said, but Bill didn't need to be the greatest of empaths to see that Andrann wasn't addressing him at all. Instead, Andrann truly scorned Bill - stealthing, favoring unhonorable tactics. But would it matter anyways, against a monster, Andrann thought. But it didn't quite matter - he was certain Bill would favor such a tactic against anyone else, and he knew he had to keep an eye on that lad.

As the flaming cluster came, Andrann was charging in - hence caught almost unprotected. His plate armour deflected some of the chunks coming, and with his left gauntlet he guarded his face. Not breaking the charge, albeit being slowed somewhat, he steadily marched towards the monster. When close enough, yet not too close in melee as one would prefer with a one-handed weapon, he brought his left hand to his greatsword's hilt and furiously swang at the monster. The monster did not honor him with a challenge, nor would the monster escape Andrann's justice now.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+21)[28] ~Charge
    (2d6+12)[17] ~Damage: This value will be doubled due to Valorous weapon.

I hope you don't mind the spoilery; I was unsure which posts you wanted in OOC, but I thought this would be an easier reference.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"ARG! REALLY FATE?! Well, I'm not hiding this time!" Cassie yells, throwing her blade at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Throwing mindblade:
    Attack: (1d20+12)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

The blade disappears as soon as it lands, but Cassie has a snow-white arrow at her fingertips. She takes a deep breathe, concentrating her psionic power on the arrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to create a mindarrow, move action to imbue with psychic energy for a psychic strike.

Also, oww! I'm down below half hp.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Fire and brimstone rains from above, I duck for cover taking a hit from the stones that no doubt would have done a lot more damage if they had not hit the walls of the inn before me.

There is a tall monster, it looks like a fierce Minotaur but on fire, and of course, fire makes everything worse. I know it though, I know what it is, it is a falling meteor demon. We were damn lucky that it just fall near us and not right above us.

-Hit it with ice.

I mumble almost to myself, well, things seems to be getting messy and I cannot afford to risk a surprise attack it certainly has seen me already. I draw the sword with care contemplating the black metal with a mixture of reverence and delight, soon I fear how the smoke that emanates from the blade fills the air, and I smile, for this is a familiar sensation.

I point the sword towards the monster and stare at it for a second. Son, your mom lied to you when it said you were the cutest kid, you are damn ugly.

-Hacael Shevarash, nu Thomai. - With a spit I finish in common - Fear true death demon.

Then I move a bit backwards towards the inn trying to make a direct line between me and the demon impossible and keeping the walls close for cover.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-08-24 at 07:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

The thrown white blade glances harmlessly off of the beasts arm-plate as it swings a fist at the charging Andrann. Its burning fist collides with the armored man knocking him to the ground.

It glares contemptuously at the woman uttering curses and hurls forth a ball of fire at the lurking rogue which explodes upon impact.

23. - Top - End - #83

Axile commands his elemental to rush forth and distract the foe. 'It won't last long, but I'll have it do what it can. Meanwhile, he moves slightly off to the side, and with a quick chant, unleashes a cone of blue mist. If you look closely, you notice the any ash floating in the air starts to move much slower.

"Eat this, you big jerk."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC contains combat info
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

GreenSorcererElf

Still bleeding from the rock shards sent out by the initial blast, Bill drops his crossbow. At that moment, the demon sends a fireball at him, singing him. Afterwards he chants a short incantation, before drawing his daggers as he follows the knight in, and attacks the creature.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

25. - Top - End - #85

The Beast Swings with fervor and knocks the magma elemental over before visibly slowing as it recovers from its own swing and nearly topples over. The dashing rogue ducks under the beasts outstretched arm stabbing at the creature. His first attack goes wild but the second strikes home causing the soft molten belly of the creature to spit flame around the blade. Eliciting a slow and deep roar from the beast.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-08-24 at 09:54 PM. Reason: conjugation!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

I raise a hand to Casker.

-Echo me.

Then I look at the demon moving slightly from the place I am standing.

-I've seen it before, I'll see it again. Confidence, pride in self, shattered. Your body slows and your reactions stiffen, soon you won't be able to stand. Yours is a fools death.

I smile at the demon, almost compassionately.

-Run.

Then my gaze turns to his, seeking his eye, transmitting him the true meaning of fear.

-Or face damnation.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Without a word, Cassie flings 2 arrows at the creature, the second one appearing right after she flings the first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two attacks with mind arrows:

First arrow (with a psychic strike):
    Attack: (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage (base): (1d8+4)[9]
    Damage (psychic strike): (1d8)[4]
    Damage (frost): (1d6)[6]

Second arrow:
    Attack: (1d20+13)[15] Should only be +8, so the total is 10
    Damage (base): (1d8+4)[8]
    Damage (frost): (1d6)[6]

I'm assuming I'm within 30 feet for point blank shot. If not, the attack rolls and base damage rolls are one less.

(also, looking at the soulbow details, it seems like weapon focus (mindblade) also applies to my mind arrow, so I've updated my sheet to reflect that. If not, the attacks rolls are one less.)

Another arrow appears at Cassie's finger tips, which she also imbues with psychic energy.
    Last edited by Tegannie; 2012-08-26 at 05:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quickly, Andrann rolled himself over the floor for a short while. He tried to get out of the monster's reach and stand up, holding his greatsword firm and ready to strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I 5-foot roll on the ground and stand up? Also, I took no damage from monster's block, yeah?

29. - Top - End - #89

The molten beast is struck squarely by the first white arrow. flailing from it enough to knock aside the second with its armor plates. It seems wholly unimpressed by the sounds of the elf within the tavern and launches another fireball not so far from itself.

30. - Top - End - #90

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing the fireball coming towards him, Bill teleports to near Firia, managing to gesture at the Wand of CLW on his belt, before the fireball hits him. He collapses, a burnt husk.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss