New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heart of Gheddon

Axile see's one of his companions badly hurt. They can't afford to go down now! He takes a quick moment to steady himself. He knew what he needed to do.

Arcane energies flair up around him as he simply points at the mighty beast, a magic circle appearing behind him. Suddenly, many small weapons come flying out of it, as a steam of death, and ram into the monster.

Even afterwards, the energies remain, although they turn dark before suddenly entering Axile's body. Even afterwards, the air around him appears ominous.

Spoiler
    Show

Burst ability time! Using my combined assault ability to use the burst ability of one of my conjuration spells, and in turn, bind a level 3 necromancy spell.

Targets a 15ft burst, with the monster at the edge and no allies within the area.

Deals: (3d8)[14] Bludgeoning, Slashing, and Piercing damage. The area becomes difficult terrain. DC 21 Reflex save for half damage.

If the monster fails the save, it suffers a -2 to attack rolls and a -10ft to all movement speeds. These last for (1d4+1)[3] rounds.

Necro bind effects chosen:
    Spoiler
    Show

Strength Draining Blast
    Potent Gas

Should Bill die, as an Immediate action after the monster's next turn, I will use my Necromatic Revivification ability to revive him at 1/2 hp, revived for 4 rounds.
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-08-27 at 01:52 PM.
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

****! ****! ****! ****!

The curses fill my mouth with the foul and bitter taste of fear. What the hell is going on? That demon should be running for its hide. ****. ****. And there is one on the floor... crap. I sheath the sword kneeling besides Bill and dragging him into the tavern, away from the fire. I take the wand in his belt and point it towards his temple.

-I hope this works.

And I hope this heals you...
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

As flames came, Andrann kept his two-handed sword within his grip. Heedless, he knew he had to move out of this zone of heat. While plates, aventail, and helmet protected his flesh, the heat spreading across the metal hurt him internally. With a roar, he moved on, trying to reach the monster - he had to get out of the flame, but also keep the monster within his reach. Running towards the monster was as good direction as any, and he held his sword pointing forward, ready to parry and threaten.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14] Reflex

Total defense as standard action bumps my AC up to 25. Other than that, I try to move into the monster, try to put it in my weapon's reach.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Thank you for the healing, Firia. I can take it from here. One more should take me out of the range of instant death."

Bill takes the Wand, and uses it on himself, before moving behind cover, and loading his crossbow again.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

I smile at the man and look at his belt.

-Is that a wand that can get me out of melee?

I think of a fast plan I hope it works...

-If it is be ready for it. Casker, stay here and once I close be ready to switch and get out of the way.

I caress my sword reading myself to do something stupid.

6. - Top - End - #96

GreenSorcererElf

"It is indeed a way to get out of melee, although you need someone willing to swap with."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Dodging some of the fireball, Cassie pushes past the pain and flings two more arrows at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arrow #1:
    Attack: (1d20+13)[21]
    Damage (base)(1d8+4)[8]
    Damage: (frost) (1d6)[4]

Arrow #2:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage (base)(1d8+4)[11]
    Damage: (frost) (1d6)[2]

8. - Top - End - #98

The unnaturally slow creature tries to follow all of the activity of those running about around it, to its own frustration. A torrent of weapons proving too much for it to dodge. One of cassies arrows strikes the beast in the foot and another deflects off of its rocky hide.

The harried beast strikes for the nearest target with a swing of its massive molten fist. striking the armored man soundly.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-08-29 at 10:42 AM. Reason: missed something

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Valiantly, Andrann gripped his swords with two hands once graspnig monster in his reach. With a war cry, he tried to carve out the monster. Aiming the tip of his greatsword to the chest of the armored monster, he suddenly tried to step aside and catch his enemy off-guard, in order to penetrate its flesh and spill its blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+15)[29] and (1d20+10)[16] ~Power attacking, substract five

(2d6+23)[26] and (2d6+23)[32]

For Knock-down feat: (1d20+9)[10]

If it trips: (1d20+15)[21] and (2d6+23)[32] (Striking it prone.)

10. - Top - End - #100

Axile, realizing they should run, decides to summon another magma elemental before running. However, it is easily a lot smaller than the one before.

"Run! He'll distract it for at least a little bit."

Spoiler
    Show

Will put up stats in OOC post later today
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

11. - Top - End - #101

GreenSorcererElf

"Well, time to get out of here before I die."

Bill pulls out his wand of Benign Transposition, and swaps the magma elemental and Andrann, before fleeing the losing battle.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie flings her arrow at the monster. Seeing her new companions fleeing, she backs away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firing an arrow:
    attack: (1d20+13)[23]
    Damage (base): [roll]1d8+4[/roll
    Damage (frost): (1d6)[2]

Then moving 30 feet away from the monster.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Okay it seems it is time to run...

-Casker, lead from above, see if you can find someplace were we can hide.

I move pretty darn fast, still affected with the magic that I used before the combat and I have to control myself to not move too fast, staying just with those on the front.

14. - Top - End - #104

Upon all but the elemental being beyond its reach the molten beast vanishes, leaving only a small cloud of wispy smoke and steam in its place which rapidly fades.

15. - Top - End - #105

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing the monster disappear, Bill lets out a sigh of relief.

So death is not coming for me this day

"So, does anyone have an idea what is going on? What was that thing? And why did it disappear? Does anyone have healing?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #106

Axile turns around to see the creature vanish. He's thinking it probably teleported. '[i]If only I had my power back.......' He thinks to himself.

"Shall we take a moment to heal up?" He asks the others.
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-08-31 at 10:44 AM.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

With the monster gone, Cassie is able to take a moment and realize just how hurt she is. She remembers the wand her old party's cleric had given her (because, he had said, you can't always rely on just me.).

"I've got a minor healing, if need be, but does anyone have healing spells prepared?" she says, pulling out the wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got a fullly charged CWL wand

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrann took a tactical withdrawal, in no means a retreat - or so he believed. Once the monster was gone, however, he turned to the party and caught up with them. Panting his hot breath into the cold air, forming a misty white, he slowly sheathed his sword at his back. "I apologize for my failure, but I shall be better prepared for when the monster returns." he said while sheathing his sword.

As his body slowly cooled from the heat of combat, he felt the pain heavening upon himself. Slowly unclipping a side of his aventail, as not to bruise his own face unnecessarily, he listened to the group. Now holding his rigid helmet under his armpit, he swiftly shifted his gaze to Cassie. Coughing up twice and then throwing a bloody spit down to the ground, he addressed her. "The beast has bruised me, I must agree, my lady." he told her. Slowly, he put his right hand to his breastplate. "How minor may it be, all kinds of help would be welcome, if you don't mind. I have failed to protect you, but I expect not to fail twice." he thus added.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

I smile looking at the party, they seem to start to work together, perhaps adventure is on our door. Well, I hope everything goes better from now one the clash with the meteor demon wasn't... great.

-That was a meteor demon, the city seems to be under attack of demons, earlier two Bar-lguras took a couple of guys on the tavern before disappearing.

I look at the city, were to? Shall we keep running for ever?

-If we rest I can help you heal faster but I don't have any healing prepared at the moment...

20. - Top - End - #110

GreenSorcererElf

Wincing from the pain of his burns, with his skin almost visibly crackling when he moves, Bill looks pretty badly burned. He also appears resolute in his determination not to give up.

"I also have a wand of healing, but if we use them now, they will be drained. That conflict did not go well. Still, we apparently have an effective means of fighting them, if we encounter another one: Run away. I wonder why it dispersed. Still, we really have 2 options. We can either try to avoid demons as we leave town, before holing up to heal, or we can try to figure out why the demons are attacking here. I wonder if there is anything left of the demon, or anything else of interest lying around."

Spoiler
    Show
    search(1d20+18)[35] looking for anything interesting
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #111

The street everyone is on leads north and south, with a side street cutting east not far ahead and a side street cutting east behind. and many such such turns much further ahead and behind.
    on either side of the roads are effectively walls of buildings, with snow filling any alleys between the structures. The majority of these buildings are intact but several are on fire, missing large portions, or both.

Bill and Axile notice, far north, a small crowd of people fleeing east along a road perpendicular to the one they occupy.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-08-31 at 09:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hah!" grunted Andrann, still holding his helmet beneath his armpit. "Perhaps you fancy to keep running, but I must express that I am in no way comfortable with this way of handling things! My sword lusts for vengeance, and my heart can not afford to flee like a coward once more!" he added, almost shouting. After addressing the party perhaps a bit too harshly, he paused for a moment.

"We'd best find protected quarters where we can easily defend ourselves from intruders. There, I could rest, hone my weapon and my mind, and prepare for the upcoming combat. Let me add - this is, in no means, a way of hiding, but a preparation to strike back." he said after his brief pause, almost retaining his harsh tone from before.
    Last edited by Baxxie; 2012-09-01 at 05:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

GreenSorcererElf

"I wonder where those people are going, and what they are fleeing. Well, knight, thank you for your support, as we do need somewhere to hole up. Sadly for you, though, we are in no condition to fight, so hiding is our best defense. I would argue that there is a time for bravery, and a time to be running. I will note that we could not defeat that magma thing by being brave. Either way, we need somewhere somewhat secure. I don't think that we will find such in this town now."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie stays silent, the painful burns reminding her of her encounter with the dragon. She fights back tears as she tries to think where they could go. Unfortunately, her hometown is too far away.

25. - Top - End - #115

"You want to go see where those people are going? we might be able to help them at least, assuming that the monster doesn't show up again. Then again, you know what they say about assuming........." Axile says, the last part seemingly to himself. Truth be told he wasn't too sure what to do. He was fairly confident that he had gain some of his powers, but that monster........ Just thinking about it gave him the chills! His powers were nowhere near as strong as they use to be. ''I must get stronger..... He thinks to himself, making a tight fist as he does.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

The bell still rings loudly over the town. Coming from the east.

27. - Top - End - #117

GreenSorcererElf

That bell over town is still ringing. I wonder if it might be church bells.

"There are still bells ringing in the east as well. It might be appropriate to head there instead. It may be a church, and have some healing magic available. Still, it is a somewhat difficult choice - investigate the runners, or head for the bells."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #118

"Going to the bells sounds good. Healing would be nice." Axile says. He was worried they'd run into the beast again.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am certain the runners are heading to wherever the bell rings at." said Andrann. "Hang right behind me, then. I will lead the way!" he'd add to the group before beginning a slow yet steady march to spark up others' will to run, making sure they do not fall back as well. He'd head east.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie follows Andrann.