New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Heart of Gheddon

-Let's go.

I start moving downstairs. A friend of hers? It's been a long time since I've been alone. I miss my friends too. Wonder how everyone is doing back at home.

-Are you familiar with the faith of Pelor? It's been a long time since I studied them.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc knowledge (religion) (1d20+8)[13] to know where any high ranking priest should be at the temple
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie goes downstairs as well, saying, "Not very, no. I know he is not evil, and his holy symbol is a sun. I have..had a friend who was a cleric of Pelor."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Axile follows the commotion, trying to see exactly what happened.
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

4. - Top - End - #184

Within:
    Those descending the stairs arrive in the main hall again, to see many of the better equipped people in the room rushing outside.
    Spoiler
    Show

Firia, cassie, and andraan heal an additional point of health.

Outside:
    Bill and Axile rush outside along with the dwarf and three men from within the church. Atop the outer wall they can see archers attempting to contend with rust colored apes striking at them viciously with claws. Through the main gate they can see a small window of the goings on outside the walls: a hulking molten creature like the one before knocks one of those guarding the entrance aside like a rag-doll before being sliced across the belly by a tumbling Ori.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well, If this won't convince her I can be trusted, I don't know what will
    Moving closer, Bill fires his crossbow at the magma Fiend, figuring that it would not be expecting such a shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    take a move to move closer, then shoot the crossbow at it. I hope I get sneak attack. attack(1d20+12)[16] sneak attack damage (3d6)[10] steal sla: Fireball damage(1d8)[5]
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Seeing the people running, Cassie creates another white arrow and follows them, saying, "Here we go again, I suppose."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrann would rush out at the dwarf's call. Upon seeing the magma fiend, and having taken his lesson, Andrann tries to approach the large creature more carefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to try walking into a square adjacent to the fiend, using total defence too. (25 AC with total defense.)

8. - Top - End - #188

The sneak attack bounces harmlessly off of the creatures armor, but alerts it to the presence of Bill and other incoming opposition.

9. - Top - End - #189

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing his attack bounce off harmlessly, Bill shakes his head, muttering to himself in seeming anger, and disappears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast invisibility, make a move to be behind the creature, drawing the daggers as he moves
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

-Here we go again. Casker, to me.

I smile at Cassie, here we go again, against that stupid molten beast. I don't like those things. No, not at all.

-May my steps be light and aid me in the fight.-With the incantations of the spell I feel at ease as the battle seems to shift into a slower pace. I know that Cassie, Casker, Axile, Bill and the knight should feel equally hastened.

Spoiler
    Show
    haste on everyone
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-12 at 11:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Andraan marches up to the demon with supreme caution while Bill vanishes from sight, From their position outside the walls they can see this demon and the ones on the walls are not the only assailants. Another Large molten beast stands at the northern corner of the front wall facing off against the remaining gate defenders from before and a small group of burned gnome creatures is charging across the span unhindered with the archers otherwise occupied.

The large molten beast slams a fist into the ground where the nimble Ori was only moments before. Sending dirt into the air around the point of impact.

The guardians on the ground fight as a coordinated team to fight their demon, injuring it effectively. but they seem to be severely injured themselves.

The archers on the walls concentrate on the ape menace attacking them.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-12 at 04:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Standing as firm as always, Andrann knew he had to get in - he had to get closer to the monster, and fight in close quarters as he was not used to. He lacked the size adventage, so he stepped up, and with his step also came his sword in a slashing manner into the creature. Right after that, he used his sword to parry a claw of the demon, and then attempted to stab it right into the chest of the monster with sheer strength and zeal combined. As soon as his sword thrusted, he used his shoulders, his chest, and all of his body's strength combined to push down the demon - working every bit of a muscle in his body for this moment of the combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+19)[20] Haste attack
    (1d20+19)[33] Divine surge maneuver
    (1d20+9)[17] I would like to try tripping with my 2nd attack (Divine Surge one), using Knock-down.

(2d6+13)[18] Haste attack damage
    (2d6+13)[21] Divine surge attack damage
    (8d8)[30] Divine surge maneuver damage

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie runs to just close enough to hit the thing staying as close to the entrance to the church as she can and flings her arrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving just close enough to shoot the thing,
    Attack: [/roll]1d20+13[/roll]
    Base damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    Frost damage: (1d6)[3]

14. - Top - End - #194

GreenSorcererElf

Bill re-appears behind the monster, striking at it furiously with his daggers, going for weak points in the armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, invisibility, and flanking, gives me +4 to attack, although, sadly, that will go to +2 after this round.
    Will list sneak attacks by order of hits, rather than by order of attacks, as the first sneak attack will be for 1d6, with the other 2 die stealing fireball, and fire resistance, giving Bill 10 points of damage reduction vs fire for a minute. Note that the damage rolls have a minimum value of 1
    attack 1 (1d20+16)[28] damage(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[7]
    attack 2 (1d20+16)[36] damage(1d4-1)[0](10) magebane(2d6+2)[10]
    attack 3 (1d20+11)[19] damage(1d4-1)[0] magebane(2d6+2)[14]
    attack 4 (1d20+11)[31] damage(1d4-1)[3](14) magebane(2d6+2)[13]
    sneak attack 1 (1d6+10)[14]
    sneak attack 2 (3d6+10)[19]
    sneak attack 3 (3d6+10)[25]
    sneak attack 4 (3d6+10)[22]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-12 at 10:39 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #195

Axile, seeing the monster again, is scared. They have not only this one to deal with, but many others. And he had used up a great deal of energy on the first monster, how would they fight against all of these?

He feels a bit more comforted when he feels the effects of Firia's Haste spell. He knows, that with everyone working together, they could defeat this enemy. If only he had a way to bind the enemy itself to him, he could gain even more power........ Perhaps........

He shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. Now wasn't the time to think.

Axile, now focused, raises his right hand towards the giant lava creature, and by simply pointing at it, releases a thin, focused beam of black energy at the foe. It doesn't seem to harm it, but it's attacks seems to be weaker.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Strength-Draining Blast:
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+10)[30]
    If hit, suffers a -9 to strength for 4 rounds.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

16. - Top - End - #196

Cassie and Axiles beams both strike home, to little apparent effect other than angering the demon further.

Ori waits to see what will be done by those now charging into the fray. Andraan furiously strikes at the belly of the beast causing a major gash in its side which spews flame. However, the stalwart knight is knocked flat by force of his own blow it seems.

Bill appears behind the creature and unleashes a flurry of vicious strikes in between the creatures back-plates. Each wound spilling burning flames onto the rogue but leaving it heavily wounded.

The mysterious Ori decides to now deliver a kick to the creatures jaw, striking with great grace and precision and knocking the creature to the ground, unconcious.

"Harm it no further, attack the still conscious ones."

The other guardians struggle with their respective demons and the charging gnome-creatures are within a round of arriving.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-12 at 11:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

GreenSorcererElf

"Still think we are your enemies, Ori?"
    Before she can respond, Bill disappears again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, Bill casts invisibility, and makes a move towards the second magma fiend.
    probably irrelevant, but...
    move silently(1d20+19)[32]
    hide(1d20+19)[31]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

How the hell did she do that? I mean she just kicked it and it fell and... wow. What is she anyway? I look at Casker with an intrigued look, did he saw anything worthwile?

-Casker, what is that woman?- My question is in the language that a familiar shares with its master, hoping to get some secrecy from whatever she is.

I observe her, her movements, trying to think of any sort of relevant knowledge that might be on the back of my head.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slowly standing up, Andrann looks down to the beast from his helmet's visor. "I don't know how to kill a demon..." he says, and then continues. "... But I am willing to trust my sword. I can't allow this thing to exist here... like this... At my worst chance, I would be willing it back at its home, where it shall be returned back to its... eternal damnation."

20. - Top - End - #200

Casker returns the hushed conversation:
    "I believe the beast was already close to death when she knocked it out. I cannot really tell with certainty her species Mistress, Her clothing obscures most of her features."
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-13 at 10:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Seeing the beast almost slain, Cassie turns her attention to those attacking the guardians. She flings multiple arrows at them:

Spoiler
    Show
    Four attacks, at any of the creatures attacking the people:
    Attack 1: (1d20+11)[29]
    Base Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[5]

Attack 2: (1d20+11)[25]
    Base Damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[4]

Attack 3: (1d20+11)[17]
    Base Damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[3]

Attack 4: (1d20+6)[15]
    Base Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[3]

22. - Top - End - #202

Axile is glad the beast is down. Even better, it's still alive! Oh, he must study it! Gain its power!......

And the sounds of battle awake him from his thoughts. It didn't matter what he wanted to do right now, there were still threats in the area. That knight better not kill that creature before he studies it.......

Axile takes in a deep breath, and breathes heavily over the palm of his hand. The breath quickly seems to come to life, forming a seeming miniature tornado, which quickly rushes up to the apes targeted by Cassie's arrows and attacks the foes. Axile just watches for the moment, seeing how much more will be needed. Sure, it wasn't as strong as the magma elemental he had summoned before, but it could still do some damage. Besides, he didn't want to waste any more of his arcane energies switch inbetween his "modes." That first battle had be taxing on his energies; he would be forced to draw upon his emergency strong reserves if he had to switch again, and then he'd be stuck with the chosen "modes" until the next morning. Well, at least he would have his smaller spells.

While Axile is lost in his thoughts, the air elemental rushes forth, charging into the nearest ape.

Spoiler
    Show

Using my Summoning the Elements ability, summoning a small Air Elemental. The elemental rushes the same ape targeted by Cassie, charging it (+2 hit, -2AC).

Attack roll:(1d20+11)[24]
    Damage roll: (1d4+4)[6]
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-09-14 at 07:53 PM.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Well I will deal with her later on. The demon is certainly interesting, it is not disappearing so it might not be a summon. I am familiar enough with the traps of summoning, I myself have been summoned in the past, to know that if it is not summoned it might be a problem later. I walk towards the fallen demon slowly while drawing the sword, I feel relieved as the black fumes start swirling around me, conferring me a sinister aura.

-Please, disappear.

As I finish the sentence I drop the sword with all my might trying to separate the demon's head from its shoulders, and clarify if it was called or just summoned into the material plane.

24. - Top - End - #204

Axiles air elemental charges forth and delivers a vicious punch to the nearest apes face, the ape appears both amused and unharmed.

Firia brings down her blade into the ground adjacent to the demons head.

Cassie unleashes a volley of arrows toward the invaders on the walls. The first two strike the foremost ape in the side and thigh but appear to have no more affect than snowballs.

Andraan rises from prone and says his peace as Bill vanishes once more from sight. Ori charges the more northern meteor demon, swinging at the creature and missing with her jeweled scimitar.

The burnt gnomes get within charging distance while the northern demon blasts its immediate area with a fireball. reducing those fighting it to unconscious or dead aside from Ori, who appears completely unaffected.

The wall archers take a more defensive posture on realization that their arrows are no good against the apes. Those not immediately threatened concentrate a volley on the incoming gnomes.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Seeing her arrows do little against the apes, Cassie focuses her attention on the flaming gnomes. Hopefully the frost in my arrows will hurt them.. She flings four more arrows at the gnomes.

26. - Top - End - #206

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing that Ori is almost in a position to flank the fiend with him, Bill takes a 5-foot step to complete the flank, before attacking wildly with his daggers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take a 5-foot step for the flank, and then full round attack
    min damage is a 1
    haste attack(1d20+17)[27] damage(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[12]
    left attack 1(1d20+17)[25] damage(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[5]
    right attack 1(1d20+17)[33] damage(1d4-1)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[10]
    left attack 2(1d20+12)[29] damage(1d4-1)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[9]
    right attack 2(1d20+12)[26] damage(1d4-1)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[12]

sneak attack 1(3d6+10)[20]
    sneak attack 2(3d6+10)[18]
    sneak attack 3(3d6+10)[26]
    sneak attack 4(3d6+10)[22]
    sneak attack 5(3d6+10)[22]

possible crits(1d20+17)[33], (1d20+17)[22], (1d20+12)[23]
    bonus damage
    (1d4+11)[12] (1d4+11)[12] (1d4+11)[12]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Currently leaving this fallen foe for later, Andrann charged against the nearest fiend just like his companions. Holding his sword in a firm grip, he tries to thrust towards the chest of the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming I can't use a maneuver as part of charge attack:

Attack roll: (1d20+16)[23] 5 points power attack
    Damage: (4d6+46)[68] Valorous weapon doubles: Normally, 2d6+13, but with 5 points power attack, it became 2d6+23. Doubled it.

28. - Top - End - #208

Axile, seeing the elemental's attack doesn't do much, instead commands it to rush the gnomes targeted by Cassie. It follows its masters commands, rushing the neared gnome and ramming it square in the face, hoping to deal some damage to it.

Axile, however, is angered by the fact that one of his "allies" tried to kill off a potential research subject! Unfortunately, though, now was not the time to be fighting each other. They were still in danger from the attack. So, instead he sends out another dark beam of energy at the other fiendish magma elemental thing, hoping to weaken it to prevent it from hurting his allies.

Spoiler
    Show

Using the Strength Draining Blast:
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+10)[24]

Suffers a -9 penalty to strength for 4 rounds.

The elemental charges the nearest flaming gnome. +2 hit, -2 AC

Attack (1d20+11)[23]
    Damage (1d4+4)[6]
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Well if that wasn't anticlimactic I didn't know what was anticlimactic. For sure in stories you defeat the evil monster with one stroke and I cannot even hit one who is on the ground in front of me? Well Whatever, I can keep trying here but its hide is going to stop most of the power of my blow and there are many threats remaining. I look around eyeing Cassie and her arrows pointed in the direction of those fiery gnomes. I wonder what they are for a second, what do fiery gnomes fear?

I start to walk towards the gnomes, approaching them until I am close enough to see them clearly, then I raise my sword in a completely defensive manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC Walk away from the downed meteor demon, carefully to not provoke AoO (just in case) and getting 30 feet away from the gnomes, total defense action AC 22 20% concealment

30. - Top - End - #210

Axiles air elemental strikes the creature to no apparent effect other than a light sizzling sound as some of the elemental dissipates on contact with the fiend. But his beam strikes the creature soundly.

Firia proceeds out to confront these creatures that look much like gnomes but with their skin completely charred and with long, razor claws. taking her defensive stance.

Cassie unleashes a barrage of icy arrows, knocking one of the incoming gnome-like things to the ground.

Andraan charges the large fiend beast! Putting all of his weight into a single rush at the creatures molten underbelly. The creature swings a molten fist into his path but the glancing blow far from stops the charging warrior and his blade strikes true, cutting a deep flaming gash into the beast.

Bill appears behind the creature and strikes in a blur of precision attacks in between the metallic armor plates of the beast. With a final Strike between its vertebrae the creature bellows upward into the cold night air, flame pouring from its throat.

Ori's eyes widen and she shouts "Cover!", before ducking out of the way.

The molten demon then proceeds to explode. Sending burning fragments of metallic rock, molten lava, and burning slag in every direction.

The apes on the walls holler and shout at this, apparently pleased by its destructive nature despite the death of their ally. They then vanish from sight.

The three remaining charred small creatures approach the one who came out toward them, they stop short of her and begin making taunting gestures. The fourth, who was unconscious via cassies assault, stands and looks around.

The archers, now free of their ape assailants, take aim at the gnomish creatures. managing to hit them all with arrows, although the majority of the shots bounce off of the creatures' hides harmlessly a few manage to sink in. To the fiendish little gnomes delight it seems.