New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Heart of Gheddon

Shaking his head, and reeling from the explosion, covered in dust, debris, and some molten rock, with many scratches, regardless, Bill is smiling.
    "Toasty. And Painful. Glad I could acquire some fire resistance for that fight. So, Ori, am I still untrustable?"

As he speaks, Bill begins heading for the remaining fiendish gnomes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figuring that it will take a move action or 2 to get into range, and Bill does not really want to get into the fight without flanking bonuses
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-17 at 11:33 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ori snaps and shouts at bill.
    "You are an incessant pest, a literal backstabber who constantly flaps his mouth in the middle of a battle with innocent lives at stake! Your trustworthiness is no longer the issue."
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-17 at 12:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

GreenSorcererElf

"Come on, you know you love it. Besides, I could be inside cowering, not out here helping. Besides, talking does not make fighting impossible, but it does make it more interesting."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

-Be careful, those apes might come back. And something just hit me in the back.

Thanks Corellion that I moved from that body, I guess that the explosion would have been a pain in the ass to deal with. But that confirmed my fears, those demons were actually in the material they weren't just summoned... Whoever had called them was strong.

But if the orangutans are gone, and the meteor demon just exploded there are only the Jovoc to deal with.

-Jovoc, your assault is broken, run and despair.

Well the Jovoc and the flirtatious human, who was more worried about getting laid than dealing with the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Never outnumbered: Intimidate check (DC) (1d20+32)[46] as a move action to frighten them (Imperious command) for a round and shaken during the next.
    Haunting melody Inspire Awe: Perform check (DC) (1d20+27)[45] as a standard action to make them cower for as long as firia performs +1 a round

The intimidate is to any enemy who can hear her in 30 feet, and the haunting melody inspire awe to any enemy who is in 60 feet.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-18 at 05:50 AM.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Cassie continues to fire arrows. She considers releasing her psionic charge with one of them, but decides to save it for something bigger.

6. - Top - End - #216

OOC: Ok, so after re-reading the previous DM post, no blasting . It'd just be a waste.

Axile watches the gnomes fight before him. Truth be told, he was getting tired of the little pests. If he wanted to, he could just snap his fingers and blow them all away!

Or he would of if he had his powers from before. He lets out a singular sigh, he wanted to regain his previous powers so much. It was painful to fight in his current state...

Well, there is still something I can do! He focuses the arcane energies within him to his hands, forming a small white ball of glowing energy. He proceeds to slam the energy into the ground, quickly forming a magic circle around him, where a multitude of weapons come out and strike the gnomes! Of course, he has to be careful to not strike Bill.....

The air element fizzles out, as the energies that were keeping it alive were used up.....

Spoiler
    Show

Using the Conjuration Burst attack. 15ft burst, Hitting as many gnomes as I can without hitting any allies.

(3d8)[9] Bldg, Slashing, and Piercing damage. Reflex save DC 21 for half. If the reflex save is failed, suffers a -2 to attack rolls, -10ft to all speeds, lasting for (1d4+1)[4] rounds.
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrann doesn't say a word. Smoke and ash covering his skin, he merely stands up from some twenty feet away from the armored demon, to where he had flown thanks to the explosion. He does not even gaze at his companions, for he has a more important task: To find where to his sword had blown after the explosion. In pain, and appearing smoked from head to toe - with flesh and armor included, albeit lacking burnt flesh thanks to his armor. He also took his time to unclip his cape - which had now been charred way too much for him to wear it furthermore.

After leaving his cape on the snow, he'd slowly acquire his greatsword. Holding it at its center with his gauntleted hand, he would then turn to face the group, his gaze shifting from one of them to another. He sure didn't like his group all too much, especially the two lads.

They were still fighting - some of them - but now Andrann was too tired to fight any further. "Take care of the small ones, kid!" he shouted to Bill. Regardless, while his right hand gripped his greatsword's blade, his left hand would grip its hilt - just in case.
    Last edited by Baxxie; 2012-09-18 at 06:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

A sudden Burst slices washes over two of the hairless black gnomes, leaving bruises and lacerations from their top to bottom. Oddly Firia, who was removed from the blast, shows similar lacerations.

Firias glare and words cease the three creatures near hers' taunting and leaves them cowering before her. They cover their heads and shudder in place. moving their hands to cover their ears to keep out the haunting music she begins to create.

Cassies first Arrow strikes home, piercing the nearest gnome creatures shoulder and leaving a ring of frozen blood to mark its passing. the second arrow lacks concentration and goes wild, striking harmlessly in the snow, but before it even lands she redoubles her efforts, takes aim, and strikes the creature in the chest with her remaining two shots causing the creature to cease cowering and fall over unconcious. With every strike of an arrow upon a gnomish creature a bloody mark appears upon Firias clothing, or a new wound opens on her exposed skin.

Bill rushes over to the cowering jovocs, the bloodstained snow crunching beneath his feet with every hurried step. He arrives within melee range of the nearest one.

Ori responds, "Are you a madman? People are dying out here and you speak as if this is some sort of game!".

The wounds of the injured jovocs begin to heal, although the unconscious one remains unconscious. the one neither cowered nor unconscious meets the dash of the rushing rogue and charges bill with a claw. but its claw falls short.

The pounding of heavy footsteps and footprints seemingly appearing on their own ends with a rust colored ape appears from thin air swinging its claws at an off-guard Andraan. Tearing into a joint in the warriors armor, and into the flesh beneath.

The second ape appears flanking with the first but Ori meets the creatures unseen charge. He scimitar connects with the creatures arm but leaves no wound.

"Dishonorable beasts! Hold fast knight, I am with you."

the apes path blocked, it cannot reach the knight and instead swings wildly at the woman, missing with every swing.

Andraan and Ori now stand back to back between the two ape assailants.

The guards on the wall take aim on the gnomes and fire. Doing nothing effective.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-18 at 07:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

GreenSorcererElf

Well now, time to end their misery and fear.

"Ori, life is a game, when you die, you lost. But while you are alive, you should LIVE!"

Bill proceeds to start killing the terrified jovocs, simply slitting their throats.

Spoiler
    Show
    if the current jovoc dies, he will take a 5 foot step to get in range of another, trying to kill as many as possible while they are cowering(and thus sneak attackable) min damage is 1. if Bill has a flank, he gets +2 attack.
    right haste attack (1d20+11)[25] damage(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[14] sneak attack(3d6+10)[15]
    right 2attack (1d20+11)[26] damage(1d4-1)[2] magebane(2d6+2)[10] sneak attack(3d6+10)[14]
    right 2nd attack attack (1d20+6)[11] damage(1d4-1)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[9] sneak attack(3d6+10)[18]
    left 1attack (1d20+11)[16] damage(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[11] sneak attack(3d6+10)[18]
    left 2nd attack attack (1d20+6)[19] damage(1d4-1)[0] magebane(2d6+2)[8] sneak attack(3d6+10)[24]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-18 at 07:49 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Andrann is at first caught off-guard, taking a slam by the monster's claw, but he is quick to respond afterwards. Surely he is not the most agile of people out there, not the one for acrobatics, but he has a warrior's training and knows just fine how to parry. With a quick lifting of his sword, he easily parried the second attack of the demon, and then tried a quick cut into the chest of the beast.

Although he still fought, Andrann looked heavily bloodied. Fire had the best of him, the steaming hot rocks hitting his chest had left him breathless; and the claw surely cracked a rib of his just now. Bits of blood trailed by the side of his face, yet unseen thanks to his helmet's visor, and an internal bleeding surely was present at his right breast and shoulder. Regardless, he would silently let his sword speak instead of his tongue, as he would concentrate into a single powerful and zealous blow given as an arched swing curving downwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use Elder Mountain Hammer for 6d6 extra damage. I guess the monster may have some damage reduction; if it does, Elder Mountain Hammer will ignore it.

(1d20+19)[39] Attack
    (2d6+13)[19] Damge
    (6d6)[23] Hammer

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Ha, HA! Take that, foul creatures!" Cassie yells as her arrows hit."And take that, Fate!"

Cassie flings more arrows, but notices Firia's wounds as she does so. Where are those coming from?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

I consider for a second shutting Bill's foul mouth with a spell, it would be easy, magic would erupt around him keeping him quiet long enough to concentrate. Although of course that would also impede the hearing of those foul beasts. It seems that for the moment I would have to deal with it.

I dance moving myself gracefully, towards the apes, but still keeping an eye open on the Jovocs, I move carefully as always, I don't know what hit me, but it might be lurking around better not give it a chance.

-Dance to my merry song, be my puppets for long!

With a flip of my hand I take the silvered violin bow and make it move around my head, like a sword I signal the two Bar-lguras.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firia moves trying to get in range of the Bar-lguras, (30 feet) while still being at least 60, hopefully 30 feet away from the remaining Jovoc. How big is the room we are fighting on?

-Uses fugue (perform(1d20+27)[34]) to nauseate for a round Will negates DC 22 (this has 30 feet range she intends to at least affect both apes).
    -Uses haunting melody to render enemies within 30 feet shaken for 13 rounds will DC 23
    -Since she kept performing his inspire Awe the apes should save against it, DC as above.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-19 at 06:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Axile sees that the foes are trying to overwhelm them. Unfortunately, because they're split up in two groups, it just makes it that much harder to affect all of them. Between that, and where his allies are in melee range, he decides against any area attacks, and decided to focus on single target blasting against these foes.

He conjures his arcane energies forth, summoning a small glowing orb of energy in front of his outstreched hand. Taking the orb, he swallows it, causing a brief flare up of multi-colored energies around him! Unfortunately, the focus required for this doesn't allow him to assault a foe this round.

Spoiler
    Show

Going for 4th level spells now!

Sacrificing a 4th level slot for the Evocation Bind. Choosing the Elemental Assault and Mystical Blasting effects.

Time for some blasting (next round though )
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

14. - Top - End - #224

After Axiles minor display Firias music and accompanied conducting leave both of the apes a shade greener and sends the far one fleeing north 40' at an unsteady pace. The Jovoc no longer appear cowed by the womans antics but still gaze on her with mortal terror.

Cassies volley of arrows shows uncanny accuracy and strikes a Jovoc repeatedly doing mostly minor damage, save for one which hits just above its eye. With each that strikes similar wounds appear on both Bill and Firia.

Andraan strikes between the neck and shoulder of the ape and nearly completely wedges the breadth of his blade into the rust colored foe. Blood sprays from its wound as it collapses under the strike.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-20 at 12:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tired and pained, Andrann quickly pulled out his sword with a ferocious roar from the body of the ape, and turned one hundered and eighty degrees in a single movement. Quickly, he placed his foot before Ori's in a protecive manner and, with all his strength that exposed him defenseless, he tried to cut into the ape's chest from right underneath. As he pushed his blade, were it to hit, he would crush the beast once more with the shoulders of his body that was momentarily placed beneath ape's chest. With his shoulders and his sword, he'd try to push the ape off his feet using all of his strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[18] 5 Points PA
    (4d6)[14] Bonecrusher maneuver
    (2d6+23)[31] Damage
    (1d20+9)[21] Trip

If it trips, I should get a free attack I believe:
    (1d20+14)[28]
    (2d6+23)[33]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Wait, are my arrows also injuring Firia? What are those things?!

Despite her arrows apparently hurting her friend, Cassie continues flinging arrows. Sorry cousin.
    Last edited by Tegannie; 2012-09-20 at 06:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227

GreenSorcererElf

Well, this isn't working. Time to go for some distracted opponents.
    Bill moves to flank the Jovocs attacking Andaran/Ori

Spoiler
    Show

so, more attacks without sneak attacks. This will probably be Bill's last round in this fight. Just ignore attacks as you choose. Probably only get a standard action, so either choose good two weapon fighting, allowing a standard attack to attack with both weapons, or bad two weapon fighting, allowing only one attack as a standard.
    dagger haste attack(1d20+16)[33] dam(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[12]
    dagger 1 attack(1d20+16)[17] dam(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[10]
    dagger 2 attack(1d20+16)[18] dam(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[9]
    dagger 1 2 attack(1d20+11)[24] dam(1d4-1)[3] magebane(2d6+2)[10]
    dagger 2 2 attack(1d20+11)[13] dam(1d4-1)[1] magebane(2d6+2)[9]
    er... I used the wrong attack base. Subtract 5 from all of these attacks.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-20 at 11:50 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #228

(above round continued)

Bill strikes viciously at the panicked jovoc but his daggers find no purchase in the flesh.

Ori charges the fleeing creature wielding her scimitar in two hands she strikes viciously for the creature. She slices cleanly into the beast and leaves it dazed from the strike.

The Jovoc scamper off in all different directions save for the one adjacent to Bill, who laughs at him, and the unconscious one which cease being unconscious and crawls off five feet northward.

The wall archers head off along the wall to tend to the wounded up there.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Well those stupid little pest are hard to kill, they keep getting up. Taking only a small step I direct the cacophony to hit again bot apes while keeping up the performance.

Whatever hit me earlier I hope won't hit me again, it was probably some ability of the small demons and if they run away I will probably be safe for now.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform check for the first Ape (the one that tried to run away) (1d20+27)[41] (it takes 3d6 of sonic damage) , and for the second (1d20)[19] (it takes 3d6 of nonlethal damage). Firia readies an action to make an intimidate check, as a move action, to any enemy that closes into her at melee.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-20 at 02:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Having finished his bindings, Axile decides it's finally time to send these creatures back to their home plane. For a moment, the very air seems to freeze around him as he focuses on the nearest jovac. His very glare seems to drain the heat from the fiendish thing, before he quickly points towards the it. Upside him, two mystic beams of pure cold pour out and rush the demon, striking him and leaving parts of him frozen.

However, seeing the first beam drops the foe, Axile quickly redirects the second beam to the crawling jovac. He refuses to let them get away after all they've done to the group. He'll just have to find other, less aggravating ones later on to experiment on.......

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack the jovac laughting, then the crawling jovac.

Attack roll:
    Ranged touch: (1d20+10)[26]
    Cold Damage: (3d6+7)[21]

Ranged touch: (1d20+5)[13]
    Cold Damage: (3d6+7)[18]

Last edited by bindin garoth; 2012-09-20 at 10:56 PM.
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

Axiles first blast of cold makes the laughing Jovoc emit a high pitched squeal and vanish into thin air. Bill collapses. Bills second blast flies over top the prone jovoc.

Firias ministrations cause the unconscious ape to gurgle and the fleeing one to shudder, but little else.

(mid round pause)
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-20 at 11:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the ape fleeing, Andrann charged alongside Ori - although, surely, not as fast as her. Holding his sword with both hands, he tried to hit the ape down with one powerful swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, rolls are in the OOC. I thought Tharione could be waiting for me to write something.

23. - Top - End - #233

After Cassies first arrow the jovoc is once again unconscious and after her next it is slain, vanishing into thin air.

Andraans blade cleanly removes the apes head moments after Oris injures the beast.

Ori takes quick appraisal of the battlefield.

"Get the wounded inside then kill the large one from a distance."

she then proceeds to grab two of the nearest bodies and drag them back inside the church hall.
    Last edited by Tharione; 2012-09-21 at 11:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Well, Axile's disappointed. He wanted to study that demon, perhaps gain some power. But now he couldn't do it, for surely people would react if he did anything of the like.

Instead, he simply walks back with the others, and waits for everyone to clear the area. He then proceeds to fire another ray of cold energy at the unconscious magma beast, figuring it was enough to kill it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move back to max distance away. (40ft)

Ranged Touch attack: (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage: (3d6+7)[20]
    homebrew

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

(Although this is presumably long after everyone is inside)

The demon explodes when it is shot, leaving a sizable crater.

26. - Top - End - #236

GreenSorcererElf

Almost immediately after the last demon dies, you can see a woman in red flying down from the heavens. She is tattooed, and as she approaches, you can see that she is an elf, and from her equipment, and the glow of spells around her, probably a mage. Once she lands, she starts walking towards you.

"Hello, do you know what is going on? One minute I was resting in a tavern, and the next it is on fire, and there are these demons everywhere. You seem to be the only group that I could see from the air that is still alive, and fighting. I figured that I have a better chance of ending this threat working with others than I do alone, so I approached you. I am sorry for the loss of your ally."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-21 at 08:16 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"I don't think anyone knows what's going on, cousin." Cassie says to the new-comer while helping others inside. "Except maybe that woman," she indicates Ori, "and what do you mean, loss of our ally?" Then Cassie sees Bill's body. "Oh, him...we'd just met. Barely even got each others' names..."

A look of distress comes across Cassie's face and she continues to help people in. At least i didnt just run and hide this time. Although, maybe I should've run out there with my wand.. Cassie seems to have completely forgot about the newcomer.

28. - Top - End - #238

GreenSorcererElf

"It is always sad to see one so young die. Sadly, that often seems to be the way of it. You seem to be injured. Perhaps we should head inside the church, where there might be healing?"

As she talks, the elf is looking at each of the companions, studying them carefully.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-09-21 at 09:43 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #239

"Fool tempted fate with his words and then lost his own game."

Ori shakes her head.

"Yes, I know what is occurring here. But first things come first, there are people still breathing out here that won't be much longer if we do not act."

She drags her two unconscious people toward the inside of the church.

30. - Top - End - #240

GreenSorcererElf

Mariel follows Ori into the church
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss