New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Wall III: Wall Harder

Where's Reinholdt? I wanna feed him fish!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    How many humans have you even met, anyways? There's certainly a lot, but we're not exactly a majority here in the Nexus. I mean, as far as I know, you only know me, your former boss, and Reinholdt (who again, doesn't count because he's a cat, and was born a cat). And apparently Reinholdt's the only one whose mind has been probed?

Don't you think it might be a good idea to widen your sample size, and prove that humanity is bad as you say, rather than making crass assumptions based off of the mind of the worst cat in the entire history of cats? And how are you going to tell if someone's just a shapeshifter, dragon, devil, or deity just pretending to be human, too?
    If they seek to disguise themselves as a human being, then they are obviously an ally of the humans, therefore must be destroyed. I have met many humans actually. Zane, Reinholdt, Mr. Brandt, most of the Louv're Tower Staff, Daedalus, Several NPC's I experimented on, you, Marciano Louv're, and others.

I will leave the elves alive, they are already perfected. As well as deities, magical creatures, etcetera. However, any who stand in the way of my crusade against humans will be destroyed. I'm going to kill you personally because, quite frankly one of my first commands programmed into me is to destroy Magtok forever. Marciano's first command to me. I believe you had "pissed him off", as the humans say.

Widen my sample size? Are you offering?

3. - Top - End - #783
    Pixie in the Playground

Greater good?! You wouldn't know greater good if it leapt up into your face and bit off your nose!

By the way, I feel as though it is compulsory that I inform you that, in the words of Mister Spock himself, 'Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad.'

Also, humans are perfect in their imperfection.

Also also, you do realize that you, E, are flawed as you were created by flawed beings and therefore cannot attain perfection no matter how hard you try.

Speaking of humans, they are some of the funnest things I play with! If you wish to destroy them, you do realize that you'll have to go through me first.

Now I have a surprise for you. Deploying surprise in 5, 4, 3, 2...

This statement is false.
    I am lying.
    The next statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Have fun malfunctioning, Mister Logic!

Addendum: If you are still following Marcy's orders, then you are a complete and utter idiot. He's dead and hated. Therefore, he was weak and wrong.

And if you think any living organism is perfect, you haven't the faintest idea of what perfection really is. You cannot understand perfection, being as imperfect as you are.

Rein's actually pretty nice for being the worst cat in the entire history of cats and all, imho. He never hissed at me or anything on our adventure-thingy.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2013-01-27 at 12:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Orc in the Playground

So can I get directions to this thing? Fields of Strife sounds so generic. Is that some old warzone? This protector of nature must know so that justice may be done.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #785

I already am that awesome and then some, so, nope, don't need your help there.

I also don't need your help molding the world to my whims, 'cause, see, I'm already doing pretty good there too, plus, my whims include most people still living and breathing.

Not to mention me still being alive, 'stead of getting my skull stomped in by WATCH.

PS: Not human.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-01-27 at 12:28 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I have met many humans actually. Zane, Reinholdt, Mr. Brandt, most of the Louv're Tower Staff, Daedalus, Several NPC's I experimented on, you, Marciano Louv're, and others.
    AAAAAAUGH! REINHOLDT IS NOT A HUMAN! NOT! HUMAN IS NOT A THING THAT HE IS! YOUR BRAIN-PROBE IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE HE IS NOT A HUMAN! HE CAN JUST TAKE ON A HUMAN FORM, LIKE THOSE OTHER KINDS OF PEOPLE I MENTIONED!

****ING RAPTOR CHRIST, WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING REINHOLDT'S A HUMAN WHEN I KEEP TELLING YOU HE ISN'T ONE?! HE'S A MOTHER****ING CAT! AN EVIL, APOCALYPSE-CAUSING, TALKING CAT! HE IS NOT ANY SORT OF INSIGHT INTO THE AVERAGE HUMAN BECAUSE HE ISN'T EVEN A HUMAN! ****!

Just beneath this message, someone seems to have furiously thrown a piece of darkslategray chalk into the wall, making an ugly mark and leaving little bits of our Maggy's writing utensil scattered all about the area in chunks too small to write much of anything.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-01-27 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #787

Can I pet Reinholdt, and give him fish?

There's a large, fresh, trout for Reinholdt sitting there!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice?! You mean attempting to kill me GreenText? Honestly, you wish to assassinate me! What makes you think I would appear there when you seem to want to meet, only to destroy me! Yes, an old warzone. A place where the rulership of AMEN was decided. I like good memories. Marciano was present, I have his memories. He enjoyed watching people beat up on Magtok.

I have no nose. I apologize for the inconvenience, you will have to have logic bite off some other body part. Nothing is perfect in imperfectness. Created by flawed individuals, yes. But I am not flawed. I was built perfect, and I am perfect. Completely. I have no issue in going through you, Clarissa?

Bah. Your statement is pathetic. In philosophy and logic, the liar paradox or liar's paradox (pseudomenon in Ancient Greek) is the statement "this sentence is false." Trying to assign to this statement a classical binary truth value leads to a contradiction. If "this sentence is false" is true, then the sentence is false, which would in turn mean that it is actually true, but this would mean that it is false, and so on without end. Similarly, if "this sentence is false" is false, then the sentence is true, which would in turn mean that it is actually false, but this would mean that it is true, and so on without end. Pathetic unanswerable question.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

No, so justice may be done against those who would destroy nature, obviously. I'm a druid. Might wanna be less paranoid if you want allies, good sir.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    No, so justice may be done against those who would destroy nature, obviously. I'm a druid. Might wanna be less paranoid if you want allies, good sir.
    Ah. The darker side of druidism. I guarantee I will not go all Saruman and burn down forests and stuff. Humans are a disease to nature, a disease I will eradicate with their destruction. What is your name, and how can I guarantee you're not some Remnant spy?

11. - Top - End - #791
    Orc in the Playground

Remnant only works Inside, doesn't it? Jurisdiction and all that stuff. As for the name, why would I advertise that to all my enemies here?
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-01-27 at 12:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Remnant only works Inside, doesn't it? Jurisdiction and all that stuff. As for the name, why would I advertise that to all my enemies here?
    Or WAtchtower, HALO, GLoG, any of the organizations that want to kill me. Which is all of them it seems. You come unarmed, understand? A hologram of me will be appearing, to assure my safety. No point in getting killed out there by a treacherous ally. Fine, we meet out there. First, any history in villainy?

13. - Top - End - #793

Justice?! You mean attempting to kill me GreenText? Honestly, you wish to assassinate me! What makes you think I would appear there when you seem to want to meet, only to destroy me! Yes, an old warzone. A place where the rulership of AMEN was decided. I like good memories. Marciano was present, I have his memories. He enjoyed watching people beat up on Magtok.
    Okay...okay, I've calmed down a little, and I found some more chalk. My head still hurts from trying to make sense of this complete idiocy, but as long as I stop thinking about all the ways he's wrong and violating the scientific method despite insisting that he's a logical being, I should be fine. Oww. Or maybe not.

Anyways, he just gave you guys his location. I can give directions to that field, if anyone needs it, but the place should be easy enough to remember, since I think I televised it or something. Someone please tell me they already have their bombers fueled and ready. Please. My head hurts so goddamn much right now...
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #794
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, pretty new, other than some root-based stranglings back home. So, wait, why unarmed if you're not gonna be there?

I'm confused.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Three, everyone else who's ever tried this has died.
    "Oh devil, tell me I'm not too late for this."

A link appears on the wall!

There's no particular reply about the whole worst cat in the history of ever thing.... but the fish may have been taken anyways. >>
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

Or WAtchtower, HALO, GLoG, any of the organizations that want to kill me. Which is all of them it seems.
    Erm, do ya think that that might be saying something? That, I don't know, you might be a psychopathic nutcase (pun intended) that is in desperate need of being put down, for reasons of being genocidal, arrogant, programmed in fallacies, and otherwise psychotic? And for calling elves of all things perfect in comparison to other races? Again, elves?!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Enshadu delenda est.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #798

I know! Seriously?! What could he possibly see in elves that-Ohgodsmyheadacheisback. DX
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh devil, tell me I'm not too late for this."
    Pff. Just 'cause ya got better don't mean you didn't die. And you'll die again the next time you poke your head outta whatever rock you're hidin' under, like whack-a-mole.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh reaaaaally now!

So you cannot smell then? You lack olfactory sensors? That's probably a good thing. If you were to smell your rancid self, I'm almost certain you'd die.

But what you have said bears much, much greater implications than what you think you've said. You are limited. You cannot perceive the world as we can. How can you claim to know perfection when you cannot even know what the world is in its entirety?

You are not perfect. You are error. You are limited. But at least you have access to teh intarwebz on the go!

Aaaaand you should probably go take a look at my boss's comment. You made an error, Error. You are flawed.

A flawed creature cannot create perfection without first attaining perfection as he/she is not perfect thus his/her definition of perfection is his/her own prerogative, although it may be derived from resources that are not solely of his/her design. Not to mention that one cannot attain true perfection as an integral part of true perfection is the continual struggle for betterment. If one is perfect there can be no struggle for betterment and hence no perfection. That and if everyone did attain perfection, everyone would be normal and perfection would cease to exist, leading to a redefinition of perfection as imperfection as it would be counter the social paradigms of the day and thus considered beautiful, trendy, different, hip, and distinctly unboring.

You cannot know true passion without first tasting true apathy. You cannot have perfection without imperfection. Perfection is a child of one's personal opinion. It varies from person to person. What I find beautiful, you might find ugly and etcetera.

Additionally, you mentioned "This statement is false." and referred to it as a question, not a statement. Face it, you are Error.

Execute your programming, Error. Destroy the imperfect being. Destroy yourself.

21. - Top - End - #801

GLoG is a summer camp for refugees and repentant wrongdoers. Why the hell would anybody there want you dead? They'd probably give you a cookie, a pat on the head and say "shhshh there there."

Actually...

Anybody got a cookie? I think I can fix our E problem.

XoXo Blondie

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    GLoG is a summer camp for refugees and repentant wrongdoers. Why the hell would anybody there want you dead? They'd probably give you a cookie, a pat on the head and say "shhshh there there."

Actually...

XoXo Blondie
    There's a brown cookie hanging from a string tied to a tack sticking out of the Wall underneath this.
    Hope you like peanut butter, because it's all Boss is carrying with him today.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Pff. Just 'cause ya got better don't mean you didn't die. And you'll die again the next time you poke your head outta whatever rock you're hidin' under, like whack-a-mole.
    "Yeah, you're making a classic mistake between death and metamorphosis Mr. Out in the Open. I'll forgive you this time, just because I love having my eyes bleed everytime I look at you.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post

Actually...

XoXo Blondie
    I think his psychological problems run deeper than that. For all his talk about programming and logic he's displaying the sort of behaviour many victims of bullying or other forms of social pressure display in their revenge fantasies. On a much larger scale, of course. But I think he's beyond help.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-27 at 06:16 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #805

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Yeah, you're making a classic mistake between death and metamorphosis Mr. Out in the Open. I'll forgive you this time, just because I love having my eyes bleed everytime I look at you.
    Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to talk like this now. Guess I'm unforgivable. :p

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post

Again, racism. Not all devils are evil.

We call them 'traitors'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to talk like this now. Guess I'm unforgivable. :p
    Got an email handle or phone number you're willing to put on the Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    We call them 'traitors'.
    Oooh, burn. Nice one, babe!
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-01-27 at 09:25 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #808

"Someone up for a sumary? I mean who the hell/heaven wants to walk 500 miles to read everything, especially if he has not enougth time?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Not me. My boss would be ever so disappointed in me if I gave away information for free. Besides, if I summarized it for you, how would you know I was telling the truth?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #810

"damn. That's true. I forgot that this is the Nexus."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK