New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Wall III: Wall Harder

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    And Santa is this fat guy who squeezes down chimneys at night on Christmas Eve and leaves everyone presents to unwrap the next day! He's like a cheap knockoff of Mario from Nintendo video games! Or is it the other way around? Anyway, he exists every now and again, but not all the time![/COLOR]

I think, rather than wasting both of our time further, that I will go acquire an encyclopedia now...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Urge to bomb rising.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, did somebody mention me? It's been awhile since I brought out the old daiklaive...or should I use my electricity? Decisions, decisions...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

If there's a course for immoral enterpreneurs somewhere, they should take photos of this conversation, show them to students and say "guys, whatever happens, don't do it". And then, if one of them were to fail and humiliate himself, he'd say "well, at least I'm not Lou'Vre".
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-23 at 06:35 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    You know, it saddens me...You all hate me, yet all I want is money and power...it can't be hard!

Little siege group, I have a cult of destruction, SCIENCE, and the power of amazing technology on my home turf...you're mine...So, unless you want me to go all angry, I suggest you just kinda say you're sorry and agree I am awesome!
    guys wen yiu kil him can i hafe the boddy?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    guys wen yiu kil him can i hafe the boddy?

Sorry, but I think between the person who wants to eat him and the guy who plans on wearing his skin, we've got the body pretty much spoken for.

If you'd like, you can have some of my other kills?
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-23 at 07:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Does anyone in the Nexus try to solve problems without violence? You know, people, murder is illegal and immoral, even if the person you're plotting to kill is a vile little worm who has no respect for life himself.

Of course a raid to rescue any endangered employees of his and bring the worm himself to answer for his crimes is fully justified.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Does anyone in the Nexus try to solve problems without violence? You know, people, murder is illegal and immoral, even if the person you're plotting to kill is a vile little worm who has no respect for life himself.

Of course a raid to rescue any endangered employees of his and bring the worm himself to answer for his crimes is fully justified.
    buuuut i'n hurngryyy pink text lady...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Try MagDonalds.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Well, when similar lethal forces are wielded by your opposition, it becomes difficult to solve any problems without violence.

And sometimes, there's no other way to further one's cause.

Of course, in this case, I was simply expressing disbelief at his stupidity rather than a serious urge to kill. I imagine any 'employees' of his are probably actually slaves in need of rescuing, as I seriously doubt any would work for him voluntarily when he behaves this way publicly. (...Then again, AMEN somehow manages to cling to existence. Perhaps idiocy really does run that deep.)
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would love to argue against that, but when a mushroom can develop a cult...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

Someone asked me to put this here for you all. If there's enough of a demand for the name of the person behind it, I'll put it up as well, but for now, I think I'll just leave it anonymous. Enjoy, Wall.

Below, someone seems to have slapped a piece of paper onto the wall, adhering it to its place with tiny little pins. Trying to remove or edit the paper is liable to get oneself electrocuted by the pins, so it's recommended that one not tamper with the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    In a world where gods and demons walk hand-in-hand with mortals, religion is something very easy to come by. Walking the streets, one can come across temples to all matters of beings and concepts preaching out their beliefs hand over paw over fist, each competing with the others to bring in more followers in order to gain strength and power. This is far from a new concept and is apparently quite a common practice across much of the multiverse. Here however, it is quite different in that religion and “gifts” from the gods are much more tangible than in many places, allowing some to even trade it as a currency or favors. I have seen some people swear by one god before turning their back and bowing to another. I have seen others wear the symbols of three or four gods or goddesses. The Nexus isn’t a place that lacks religion or belief.

No, from what I have seen, it is lacking in Faith.

It is my belief that even if people normally put the three words together, Faith, Religion, and Belief are all very different concepts. Religion is simply one person following the teachings of what they conceive to be a power higher or greater than them. Belief is the sureness one has that one thing is true (or false as the case may be). Faith on the other hand…

Faith is a different beast all together.

To me, Faith is the “belief” that something is more than real. That it is stronger than true and that when all else fails, what you have Faith in stands strong and looks upon the rest with scorn and disgust that they were weak. One’s Faith can be in their Religion of course, and one can Believe in their Faith, but not all people do. There’s been more than one cleric or priestess that has lost Faith. I have seen people Believe in Truth and Justice, but lack the Faith that anyone can deliver it.

It is easy to be religious when gods walk amongst men and it is even easier to believe in what should be unreal when miracles are preformed every day, but it can sometimes be the hardest thing in the worlds to know that something is the Ultimate Truth.

I know this, because I have felt such doubt, and even worse, had fallen into it.

In my moment of weakness, before I found my Faith in something greater than myself, I had accomplished a deed so inexorably wrong that when I had come back to my “right” state of mind, I couldn’t bear the thought of what I had done. Because of it, I had snuffed the lives of four people who did not deserve what I had done to them. I do not believe that many of those reading this have done similar things, but perhaps they have felt close to it. Even as I sit here, serving my redemption for the sins I committed, I feel that perhaps I can prevent such from happening to others if I explain what had happened to me.

See, what happened to cause such weakness wasn’t the events that took place prior. While I have no doubt they were a factor, they were not the cause. The cause of my weakness of spirit boiled down to one simple thing. Much to my shame, after I had ample time to think on it, I had realized that even though I had belief in what I was doing was good, I had lacked Faith.

I didn’t lack Faith in a higher power, for I don’t Follow any immortal being. What I lacked was Faith that the Good and Just that I had believed myself to be was True. I knew then, much as I know now, that I was a good person. I am kind and considerate, but now that I have had some of the childish innocence that blinded me taken away, I have grown to realize just how empty that feeling was. Now, in the walls of my penance, I have filled that emptiness with something that should have been there before. Not just Faith in being Good and Just, but Faith in knowing that I am better than that.

While I have done so, I am no cold-blooded murderer. I am not a brutal maniac bent on revenge or the insane logic of blood feuds. No, what I am is someone strong. Someone who should defend those who are unable to do so themselves. I am someone who will never murder another person in cold blood again for as long as I live. I know now that I am someone who shall stand between someone who had given into the weakness I had and the angry mob after them, believing that they will get what they deserve instead of a death to a group of insane vengeance driven people. Even if I detest it, I will do it knowing that I am Better than I was, that I will never give into such temptations again. When it happens, I will not care if the mob be made of mortals or superheroes for I know that deep within me, it is my purpose here to safeguard others. I will not care if the very Gods themselves try to take such a person from under my protection.

And know what I would do, my dear readers?

I would stand tall; look the Fates in the eyes, and if the time came, with the last breath of my dying body and defiant spirit, I would say one simple thing.

“Nay.”
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-23 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a large amount of green smudge marks here, as if someone began to say something, smudged it out, and then tried to rewrite it. The smudged area is big; almost five feet high by three feet across. It looks like someone tried to write a full review, but smudged it out for some reason. There is one thing that is legible:

10/10

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

re: the Anonymous Letter Writer:

This. So very much this. Morality does not require any so-called gods or higher powers. Morality simply requires respect for life and kindness to others.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, excuse me, princess!

What's this I've read? You'd have Marcy doing community service for twelve hours a week picking up trash and depositing it inside of a designated trash receptacle as reimbursement to the community for what he's done in lieu of a bloody execution? Hah! Not a bad joke. Not bad at all.

Violence is the most effective solution. In this specific case, it is both fair and swift. Marciano tries his best to stomp on our nerves and intimidate us and we squish him like the worm he is! Because his best isn't the best! If he had it his way, he'd do the same. To you. To your family. To me and mine.

Violence is simple and sweet. With it, he won't be desecrating the dead and he won't be carving or enslaving hundreds of innocent weak-willed people. And he'll learn his place beneath my heel. And maybe we can teach him a little respect on the side!

Think cost-benefit analysis. Is the going rate for the life of one caricature of a villain more or less than that of hundreds of civilians? And why spare him? So that he can give it another go? Not that the civilians are undeserving of death. All have sinned and gone astray.

And if we get a little something for our trouble when all is said and done, all the better!

Faith in the 'Good' and 'Just' or 'Oneself' never takes precedence over acting as you can live with. Good and evil are subjective. Just is a pipe dream! A matter of perspectives at each others' throats. If I had a child, hypothetically, and someone did unspeakable things to and murdered him or her in cold blood in front of me, it would not be evil to wipe the murderer off the face of the earth. If you weren't aware that the murderer had abused and slain one of mine, would you not believe that I were the evil one?

Do not judge others or you yourself will face judgement, they say. But when someone wrongs you, do what you have to do. Do what you can live with. If some boozed-up brigand takes the life of someone you care for, strike back. Strike him or her down. If another is willing to die for them, so be it. He or she is guilty by association.

And if you aren't willing to off the murderer for yourself, do it to protect the next victim all you "moral" heroes out there!

Everyone is someone's daughter or son, but some don't deserve the gift they've been given. Their life. Take it. And have some fun while your at it. There's no harm in that!

And I'll see to it that you're rewarded for it. Details to come. Implementing the exchange system is after killing Marcy on the agenda, but it is on the agenda.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

If only the Evil were willing to kill, Good would be a still-born dream. That's what I was taught as a child, and I practice violence so that people can choose not to should that be there wish.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    If there's a course for immoral enterpreneurs somewhere, they should take photos of this conversation, show them to students and say "guys, whatever happens, don't do it". And then, if one of them were to fail and humiliate himself, he'd say "well, at least I'm not Lou'Vre".
    Bahaha! Funny! Not...

Say, happy pink-lady...violence is justice...harm is the only way to win. It is the most powerful urge, to kill. I know this well. Pink (Alexandrian): So...haha. I have butchered families for a few gold pieces...BeWhy? Why do I kill so many people?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Try MagDonalds.
    MagDonalds is horribly unhealthy. I wouldn't eat there if you paid me.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Bahaha! Funny! Not...

Say, happy pink-lady...violence is justice...harm is the only way to win. It is the most powerful urge, to kill. I know this well. Pink (Alexandrian): So...haha. I have butchered families for a few gold pieces...BeWhy? Why do I kill so many people?
    caus yor borign an you haf mommy issuus and yor a buttass an somones''s goinna kell yuo an if theys nice theill gibe me the body an il eet you
    ist's nott that dificullt to udnerstadn really
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-08-23 at 05:40 PM. Reason: this lady is so fun to write for XD
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh? You lost me...repeat that? In Common?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Woah. I just realized, this wall is an ugly ugly place.

I'm out.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah. I just realized, this wall is an ugly ugly place.

I'm out.
    Scrawled purple arrows point to "I just realized".
    litell bitt layte ther pink ladyy
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Rage quit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Someone asked me to put this here for you all. If there's enough of a demand for the name of the person behind it, I'll put it up as well, but for now, I think I'll just leave it anonymous. Enjoy, Wall.

Below, someone seems to have slapped a piece of paper onto the wall, adhering it to its place with tiny little pins. Trying to remove or edit the paper is liable to get oneself electrocuted by the pins, so it's recommended that one not tamper with the thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    In a world where gods and demons walk hand-in-hand with mortals, religion is something very easy to come by. Walking the streets, one can come across temples to all matters of beings and concepts preaching out their beliefs hand over paw over fist, each competing with the others to bring in more followers in order to gain strength and power. This is far from a new concept and is apparently quite a common practice across much of the multiverse. Here however, it is quite different in that religion and “gifts” from the gods are much more tangible than in many places, allowing some to even trade it as a currency or favors. I have seen some people swear by one god before turning their back and bowing to another. I have seen others wear the symbols of three or four gods or goddesses. The Nexus isn’t a place that lacks religion or belief.

No, from what I have seen, it is lacking in Faith.

It is my belief that even if people normally put the three words together, Faith, Religion, and Belief are all very different concepts. Religion is simply one person following the teachings of what they conceive to be a power higher or greater than them. Belief is the sureness one has that one thing is true (or false as the case may be). Faith on the other hand…

Faith is a different beast all together.

To me, Faith is the “belief” that something is more than real. That it is stronger than true and that when all else fails, what you have Faith in stands strong and looks upon the rest with scorn and disgust that they were weak. One’s Faith can be in their Religion of course, and one can Believe in their Faith, but not all people do. There’s been more than one cleric or priestess that has lost Faith. I have seen people Believe in Truth and Justice, but lack the Faith that anyone can deliver it.

It is easy to be religious when gods walk amongst men and it is even easier to believe in what should be unreal when miracles are preformed every day, but it can sometimes be the hardest thing in the worlds to know that something is the Ultimate Truth.

I know this, because I have felt such doubt, and even worse, had fallen into it.

In my moment of weakness, before I found my Faith in something greater than myself, I had accomplished a deed so inexorably wrong that when I had come back to my “right” state of mind, I couldn’t bear the thought of what I had done. Because of it, I had snuffed the lives of four people who did not deserve what I had done to them. I do not believe that many of those reading this have done similar things, but perhaps they have felt close to it. Even as I sit here, serving my redemption for the sins I committed, I feel that perhaps I can prevent such from happening to others if I explain what had happened to me.

See, what happened to cause such weakness wasn’t the events that took place prior. While I have no doubt they were a factor, they were not the cause. The cause of my weakness of spirit boiled down to one simple thing. Much to my shame, after I had ample time to think on it, I had realized that even though I had belief in what I was doing was good, I had lacked Faith.

I didn’t lack Faith in a higher power, for I don’t Follow any immortal being. What I lacked was Faith that the Good and Just that I had believed myself to be was True. I knew then, much as I know now, that I was a good person. I am kind and considerate, but now that I have had some of the childish innocence that blinded me taken away, I have grown to realize just how empty that feeling was. Now, in the walls of my penance, I have filled that emptiness with something that should have been there before. Not just Faith in being Good and Just, but Faith in knowing that I am better than that.

While I have done so, I am no cold-blooded murderer. I am not a brutal maniac bent on revenge or the insane logic of blood feuds. No, what I am is someone strong. Someone who should defend those who are unable to do so themselves. I am someone who will never murder another person in cold blood again for as long as I live. I know now that I am someone who shall stand between someone who had given into the weakness I had and the angry mob after them, believing that they will get what they deserve instead of a death to a group of insane vengeance driven people. Even if I detest it, I will do it knowing that I am Better than I was, that I will never give into such temptations again. When it happens, I will not care if the mob be made of mortals or superheroes for I know that deep within me, it is my purpose here to safeguard others. I will not care if the very Gods themselves try to take such a person from under my protection.

And know what I would do, my dear readers?

I would stand tall; look the Fates in the eyes, and if the time came, with the last breath of my dying body and defiant spirit, I would say one simple thing.

“Nay.”
    Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    caus yor borign an you haf mommy issuus and yor a buttass an somones''s goinna kell yuo an if theys nice theill gibe me the body an il eet you
    ist's nott that dificullt to udnerstadn really
    Woah, I like you. What are your thought in weasels? We should hang out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

HAHA! Bring it on little siege group! Marciano Louv're is ready!

26. - Top - End - #146

GnomeWizardGuy

Here, written with marker in a font TOAST is written.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-08-26 at 02:18 AM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Toast? Really? What the heck?"

28. - Top - End - #148

JELLY...ddd
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Who are you? ^

30. - Top - End - #150

My name's Akoraun! ^.^
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,