Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default The Ultimate Conflict Core OOC

Okay, guys, let's continue here until all of the characters are fully analyzed and the IC thread can go up. If you want to look back at the recruitment thread, here, you can see if there were any last page questions or issues concerning yourself.

If you have a character summary post or something similar on the recruitment thread, please carry it over so that it won't be lost.

Lastly, in the grand tradition of OOC threads, feel free to pick the color you speak in (with 31 members, I'd say that we can have 2 to a color so feel free to double up).

Characters
    {table=head]Player|Character|Archetype|Ethic|Moral|Examined Y/N
    Strainseir|Alden The Wanderer|Perfected Martial Artist|L|G|Y
    greenpotato|Melina Haakenstad|Paladin of Monstrosity|?|?|Y
    Maugan Ra|Erika Dreamweaver|Shapeshifting Warrior|C|G|Y
    Vael|The Harvest Queen|Sidhe Queen|C|E|Y
    Starsign|Usabhar Sigurhavok|Dwarven Crusader|L|G|Y
    MasonDon|Admiral Moqorro|Gunslinging Airship Captain|C|N|Y
    MikelaC1|Celestica|Paladin of Hanali Celanil|C|G|Y
    Dramiscius|Grobnar Shadowsliph|The Unseen|C|N|Y
    AShadowofLife|Tyrian|Thief Merchant|N|E|Y
    Emperor Ing|Lord Werosomething|Dragon Mageking|L|E|Y
    Chambers|Ethaniel Underborough|Wayward Warden|L|G|Y
    Toska Moriarty|Sebastian Dettotoro|Shadowy Assassin|L|E|Y
    DeusMortuusEst|Tekkal|Spellblade|L|N|Y
    hpboy111|Daniel|Guy with a really normal name|L|G|Y
    meemaas|Lord Nesbythe/Gunther|Alchemist|N|N|Y
    RadicalTurnip|Sir Tomas|Troll Berserker|N|G|Y
    SketchPanic|Po Rai So|Martial Artist|L|N|Y
    Lionheart|Balmung Fezalion|Angelic Champion|L|G|Y
    Zarthrax|Captain Merriweather Price|Pirate|C|G|Y
    Silphael|Slinar|Celestial Tiger of Disaster|N|G|Y
    Ridai|Rahja Dawncaller|Reluctant Divine|N|G|Y
    InfernallyClay|Gidae|Former Goddess|N|G|Y
    doko239|Xael|Demonic Berserker|C|E|Y
    Metroid33|Fang of the Shadows|Nightsong Assassin|N|N|Y
    Matamane|Kitty/Saix|Demon Lord|?|?|Y
    Cardea|Fear|Fear|?|?|Y
    Xerinous|Voren Hellbreaker|Abyssal Warrior|C|N|Y
    TwoHeadedBoy|Yamamoto Masanari|Chosen of Ishmael|N|G|Y
    THEChanger|Legion|Voice of Tenebrous|L|E|Y
    Aluroon|Nasu-Eblin|Master of Many Magicks|N|N|N
    Tarrmarr|Raz Ruswing|Draconic Juggernaut|C|E|Y
    [/table]

Group One (Of Havens and Empires):
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Two (Of Gods and Royalty):
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Three (We're on a Boat)
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Four (Beyond Good and Evil)
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Five (A Solitary Road)
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Six (Of Darkness and Demons)
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Seven (Team Awesome)
    IC Thread OOC Thread
    Group Eight (A New Sort of Adventure)
    IC Thread OOC Thread

A Simple Matter of Cohorts: It just occurred to me that I don't really know the rule of thumb for how cohorts are typically handled in games (as far as who controls them) so I figured I'd give my perspective on this matter just in case and see any opposing views on the matter:

Though I view Cohorts as NPCs, I have no problem with you controlling their every action (barring mind control) while you're with them or while they're in the company of other PCs. When they're on their own, however, I'd say that they're fairly independent (though of course loyal to you and your interests). This means that I won't force you to role play as your cohorts if you intend to leave them behind as mostly background characters. On the other hand, if you send a cohort alone to do a task, you won't know how they're fairing until they contact you again (or until you scry on them).

Does this sound fair?

Contents of recruitment thread OP (saved just in case):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ultimate Conflict

To weed out the few players who may have completely lost track of the thread and hopefully slim down the group size a bit, please post before the deadline on Wednesday to confirm your continued interest.

After spending half a year writing homebrew epic stuff and scribbling random notes and ideas to myself, it seems like it is only right that I should actually use what I have learned (or at least believe that I've learned). It's time to end my long epic kick with an epic campaign to round it all out, large and expansive enough to hopefully contain multiple simultaneous groups. It is time to make something epic occur.

The Big 16:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

For the most part, we will be fitting pathfinder (if unfamiliar, PRD is Here. With that said, we are using 3.5 gestalt and epic rules and feel free to squeeze on whatever other 3.5 material you want into the pathfinder framework so long as it hasnít been replaced in pathfinder and it doesnít interact with pathfinder rules in ways that make no sense. If such an incident does look imminent, the problem will be solved on a case-by-case basis (keep in mind that I will almost always go for the least powerful interpretation of inserting 3.5 into pathfinder, though).

ē 2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This is going to be in a heavily homebrewed campaign, starting out quite typical and hopefully becoming more stylized towards epic play as time goes on. The only thing that you need to know from the start is that Deities, Archdukes of Hell, Demon Lords, and all similar figures are receiving a power boost so to make it less likely youíll just steamroll them.

Also, you are free to incorporate your character into the world so long as you don't end up squeezing out the creativity of others. If you want to have received titles, to possess a great or terrible reputation, to have songs and ballads sung about you, or even to have rulership over towns, empires, or worlds, you've probably earned it by level 30. Similarly, including names of people, towns, and organizations into your backstories gives you more of a steak in the world and gives me more possibilities to branch out from so feel free to help invent the world with me.

ē 3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

This is going to be a large campaign. Large enough, in fact, that it will hopefully be possible for me to break it up into multiple groups with their own IC threads (though all groups will coexist in the campaign world and may meet, fight alongside each other, or simply fight each other). I donít think I could quite give you a number for players but I will be seeing how many looks manageable to work with.

If youíre taking the time to make and post a character, however, please make sure that youíre available in at least the immediate future for regular posting and that you can stand to play your character (Iíve seen players who overwhelm themselves with casters and others who bore themselves to death with straightforward combatants. Stay in your comfort zone).

Unless your character is VERY weird, not to worry too much about not fitting in. Though youíre free to ignore these forces, Iíll be trying my best to nudge people into compatible parties so that a diplomatic character, for example, wonít be dragged out on dungeoncrawls.

ē 4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Weíre playing right here on this forum.

ē 5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 30 gestalt with 10,000 extra XP for epic spell development. If youíre not familiar with Pathfinder, know that items no longer require XP to craft (similarly, all spells with XP costs now have material components instead).

ē 6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Everyone is starting off with 20,000,000 gp to spend however they wish.

ē 7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

• In this arena, most things are perfectly fine. Most homebrew is okay and my Librim Eternia is wide open for use. In fact, as that project was built with the understanding that everyone would be using one of the classes, feel free to make or ask for a new class or negotiate with me for some alternate boon if you choose not to go with them. I may not give you infinite money or spheres of annihilation but Iím pretty flexible otherwise (just be sure that you wonít regret it later). If you want to make super secret requests, I'll start emptying out my PM Inbox just in case.
    • As Librim Eternia is in play here, you can continue to build your BAB after level 20 (though you don't gain any additional attacks) instead of the normal epic attack bonus (unless that epic attack bonus would give you a better result).
    • Alternate class features and archetypes can be used freely, so long as they donít conflict.
    • Monster classes are allowed on a case-by-case basis as many are quite powerful and most scale with HD (meaning that epic levels probably werenít in mind when they were created).
    • Also, as a special exception to gestalt rules, Iím allowing the gestalting of 2 PrCs at epic levels.
    • Epic destinies, including those made by krimm blackleaf and the demented one, are permitted so long as they donít obviously break the entire game and you meet the prerequisites. If you take an epic destiny, you gain a single epic feat from levels at level 29 (paying the first 4 as normal).
    • In case people are wondering, you may use traits from pathfinder or 3.5 (but not both) and flaws so long as you list their sources and effects. With flaws, however, they are only allowed if they are somewhat relevant (no meager fortitude before gaining immunity to everything fortitude related, as an easy example).
    • You may start the game having crafted items or researched epic spells.
    • There is no LA buyback and no rituals (UA).

ē 8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Well, weíre in PF and the advanced races guide is out so I guess thereís stuff to actually get out there. First of all, Alternate racial traits can be used. Next, everyone without a racial class is going to have 40 race points. If you have advanced races, you can find how much your race of choice is worth and augment it independently (please note what you add, though). Otherwise, feel free to list a race and I or others with the book can provide suggestions on how the race can be upgraded to the proper level of power with racial traits.

If you want a race that doesnít appear in pathfinder, feel free to list it and I can tell you if itís powerful enough or needs to be toned down (or replaced with a less powerful race). If youíre not familiar with advanced races, you can also choose a race of creature with both RHD and an LA and basically get the LA replaced with Race Points (you have 40, as mentioned above) while replacing the RHD with normal class levels. If you want a general estimate to work with, playing as a gargoyle has a base cost of 36 RP while something like a hill giant with massive ability score bonuses and natural armor costs around 110 RP. You may not apply the static feat trait to a race.

If you want to go whole hog and create your race, I expect you to provide all of the relevant information on your race necessary to use them. Not going to be accepting last survivors of a lost species, scientific cloning experiments gone wrong, or wondrous polymorphing experiments gone right. If you want to make a race, I want a full race instead of a pile of stats.

On the topic of race, you have an additional option open to you. You have 3 virtual non-gestalt levels to spend on a Bloodline and/or Templates (the bloodline does not scale into epic levels). For example, you might end up as a Wizard 30//Erudite 20/Thrallherd 10 who has the Shadow (LoM) and Draconic (RotD) templates (horrible example mechanically but you should be able to see how it works). If you want bigger or more templates, they start digging into your actual gestalt as normal. By sacrificing all three of these virtual levels, you may instead possess a divine rank of 0. Be aware, however, that moving from rank 0 to rank 1 is equally hard as moving from no rank to rank 0.

ē 9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

All ability scores start at 18 before racial modifications and other bonuses and penalties. You lot are the best of the best of the best. Only the rare child born or built under ideal conditions has even a shot at reaching epic levels after all, much less reaching your destinies. Hit Points are similarly maximized.

ē 10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Alignment exist normally and you can be almost any alignment so long as you portray an alignment instead of a cartoonish stereotype. For base classes, however, I am pretty lenient with alignment restrictions. If you want to be a good necromancer, a lawful bard, or a chaotic monk, go for it.

ē 11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

I, for one, donít particularly hate multiclassing or dipping. What drives me mad, however, is the insane amount of cross-referencing involved when this type of thing is taken to its most logical extreme. As such, I am putting a limit of 10 classes between both sides of the gestalt. There is not a multiclassing XP penalty for what dipping you do decide to do, however.

ē 12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Dice rolls will be made here on the forum with the dice roller.

ē 13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

To keep things relatively sane, weíll be using 4 easy steps to more balanced epic spells. In the same post, youíll find the Cryptic Essence and Withstand Blow feats, both of which you gain as bonus feats.

In addition, to save you a good lot of math with your skill points, any skill thatís a class skill for at least 5 of your levels (combined from both sides of the gestalt) is treated as a class skill for all of your classes.

One final homebrew rule Iím bringing back from a previous campaign Iíve run is how I intend to run encounters. I intend to go with a standard of at least 1 round every other day (Iíd normally say one per day but the extreme presence of immediate actions and contingent effects makes that unlikely to work that often). How it works will hopefully make sense after an encounter or two.

Step 1: After the results of a round have been posted, all players have around 24 hours to post their actions for the next round. At the end of that time, I will put together a tentative course of combat that involves all of these actions occurring in initiative order in bullet-point format, specifically high-lighting characters who can still decide or change their original actions in the next step. If you donít post your actions during this round, you will be treated as if your character had delayed (but see step 2).

Step 2: During the following 24 hours, anyone may use their immediate actions, make decisions for contingent effects, and perform other actions that you didnít or couldnít declare before. If you missed your action during the first 24 hours, you can post it now, though it will occur at the end of the initiative order. If an action someone took in step 1 made your own impossible since the time of your posting (such as if you declare a melee attack against a creature who walks away before you could make the attack or who dies before the attack it made), you may similarly revise the action to work or change to a new one. Other than in these two scenarios, however, none of your original actions can be changed. At the end of this stage, the final results for that round will be posted. If everyone posts in the OOC that they wish to skip step 2 for a round (or if it seems entirely unimportant for a group in a given round), we might skip straight through this step. If everything goes faster than expected in a group, I may speed things up as well if I have the time.

ē 14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Even if youíre here to explore a new character mechanic (and thereís no shame in that), Iím on the lookout for fleshed-out and unique characters. Your backstory is your big first chance to show that the two are not mutually exclusive. Iím not asking for a novel or anything but if your backstory shows me your character has a past while giving me ideas for the future, you are likely in a very good place.

ē 15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

As mentioned above, Iíll be doing a bit of work trying to corral characters into compatible groups so that they donít end up doing all of the work or getting dragged around like a sack of potatoes. If you end up in one group but want to switch things up, it may be possible to swap you into a new group later on. If you want to engage in a specific type of campaign but donít know how to express it in the mechanics of your character or his/her/its backstory, feel free to verbalize what youíre looking for. Hell, if you want to make this easier on yourselves and on me, try networking with players youíd want to end up with. Feel free to come up with your own groups in this recruitment thread for me to unite later on. If you want to build relationships friendship, rivalry, hatred, love, or what-have-you between characters or add commonalities that would help them fit better together, that makes my job of trying to get you together much easier.

Also, Iíll just say this right now. Though you guys may find yourselves on different groups and you may fall on opposite ends of the alignment pool, that doesnít mean that this game is or should be a single drawn-out arena match. Each and every one of your characters (except perhaps for any void incarnates that slip in there) are the type of people who bards write of in epics. You have more accomplishments under your belts than most could ever hope to obtain and even if you live on different worlds or planes, most of you have probably at least heard of each otherís reputations. Letís try to cut the backstabbing down to a minimum and avoid picking in-fights with a high chance of death (or worse) for someone.

ē 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

I possess most official 3.5 books and pretty much all of Paizoís pathfinder books, though Iíll note that I own no third-party material for pathfinder except for Rite Publishingís 1,001 Spells.

Addressing Cheese (What to Avoid):
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me be honest here. Lots of epic play ends up being pretty cheesy. No matter what I try to list here, you guys are likely to confront me with combos I didnít even really know were combos (especially where homebrew is concerned). Though Iíll list a few specific things that I wonít allow here, I canít possibly list everything and much of the cheese in this game involves alternate uses of otherwise safe mechanics. After making a short list of materials off of the top of my head that I positively wonít allow (or that I will required changed), I will take more time to address troublesome behaviors rather than troublesome materials. After all, problems tend to come from specific uses of materials rather than being the default for those materials.

With that said, the banhammer list (a relatively short list thatís likely to grow):
    Spoiler
    Show

• Memory jars have not and will never exist.
    • The creature of legend template/racial class is banned.
    • The true genius epic destiny is banned.
    • Metamagic reducers never result in negative metamagic modifiers.
    • Ice Assassin doesnít exist (Simulacrum is okay).
    • So the good guys have a chance, Mind**** doesnít exist.
    • True Creation doesnít exist.
    • If a spell in 3.5 had an XP cost, ignore material components only halves the material component cost for the pathfinder version.
    • Iron Heart Surge can only end targeted effects.
    • Custom Item Creation requires DM permission and the item may malfunction if it turns out to be overpowering, though some collector would undoubtedly want to buy it to even get a glimpse of such powerful magic (getting you back half of your money investment).
    • We are using the pathfinder approach to polymorphing, not the one used in 3.5e. This applies for every form of shapeshifting in existance and even homebrew will be altered to fit into this design when necessary.
    • No spheres of annihilation. No, not even for entropomancers
    • Please no tainted scholars. Even if you plan of being and staying mortal.

Regarding Disruptive Behaviors:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In general, there are only 4 behaviors that I wish to discuss here. If you are in play and donít know if something constitutes as one, feel free to ask in spoilers on the OOC thread or through a PM.

Behavior 1: Infinite anything for personal profit: For the record, I donít have a problem with you controlling a vast number of undead or followers. I am indifferent towards the use of simulacrum to build armies of permanent soldiers. I donít even have too much of an issue with the concept of wish chains in and of themselves. What I have a problem with is when infinite limits or processes are used to make oneself far more powerful relative to other players. If you build up an huge army of zombies that the other PCs can plow through or you use infinite wish chains to care for and provide for your followers, that is perfectly fine by me. If you start accruing incredibly potent armies of unlimited maximum size, start down the track towards infinite moneys for your own gear, or turn yourself into a certain infamous kobold, we probably have a problem. Even trying to pay for an infinite stream of material components is highly frowned upon.

Behavior 2: Timey Whimey Shenanigans: This one is thankfully simple as not much falls into it. Iím okay with timestop, haste, celerity, contingency, and contingent spells. What I donít like are the following sorts of behavior: psionic save game tricks (if they can even be done without thought bottles), utilizing flowing time to gain bounties of extra actions, actual time travel, or any means by which you can take about 10 rounds of actions in a single round (even if that means spending all of your resources for the encounter or for the day).

Behavior 3: God-Mode: Making an epic character, the instincts to create ironclad blocks of immunities or to create new attacks that either canít be stopped are strong ones. In the interest of having opponents last long enough for encounters, pose a decent threat, and not require the joint efforts of a CO board to build, Iíd appreciate some degree of self-control. As things are, Iíll already be fixing every supposedly epic monster Iíll throw at you from the ground up. Please donít force me to make those creatures into dirty rotten cheaters.

Behavior 4: Donít End All of Existence: This one is probably the most specific of the behaviors named here. If an epic character (or at least an epic caster) gets sufficiently bored, I am more than confident that he/she/it has hundreds of ways to bring on the end times. Even if your character is nihilistic and/or depressed, however, please donít end all of existence. Itís just kind of a jerk move.

As one last note, I'm on vacation with my family this week. Though I'll do my best to post when available and to respond to everyone, I may only have time for morning and evening posts until I get back home.

My Guarantee:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A good many campaigns (especially epic ones) on this campaign tend to either collapse under their own weight or fizzle out before they even get started. What on earth would make this campaign any different, you may wonder. Well, I'm willing to make a guarantee to each and every one of my players.

If this game doesn't manifest or fails within the first 2 months of play, well, you get to decide what happens then. I won't break any forum rules or impose internet exile on myself (or, of course, do the impossible) but other than that, you can pretty much name the price for my failure. I already owe one potential player a war ballad dedicated to their character if the campaign should fail, for example. If real life throws a roadblock in my way, fulfilling my end of the deal may naturally be a bit delayed (though I won't needlessly dawdle) but if I fail to do good on my promises, I lose all credibility here and that's one thing that I personally care about.

Only conditions placed by players who get into the campaign (everyone if it doesn't even take on) and who are still there when a hypothetical failure occurs are guaranteed but feel free to submit whatever conditions you see fit (I'll try not to discriminate who gets in based on these conditions).

Also, I promise not to drive away players to avoid getting "punished" if you agree not to force the game into a nosedive just to make me do silly things (which would be unfair to your fellow players as well).

Give me your best shot, oh forum.

Edit: If this type of thing isn't allowed on the forum for whatever reason, please let me know and I'll take it down.

Additional Rulings:
    Spoiler
    Show

• As this thread has gone on, additional rulings have been required. As these rulings are made, they will be assembled here.
    • Yes to retroactive skill points from intelligence boosts.
    • Though it's stated above, let me say again that there's no use of the static feat ability when crafting/augmenting your race.
    • this is the version of the improved spell capacity feat we'll be using.
    • Due to the rules of pathfinder (giving you a +3 bonus to each skill in which you have at least one rank, maximizing the number of ranks at your class level, and not multiplying skill points at level 1), all skill rank requirements are reduced by 3 for feats and prestige classes and the like.
    • Calculating the costs for belts of magnificence follows the following formulae: (Non-epic = bonus^2 x 1,000 x 6; Epic = bonus^2 x 1,000 x 10 x 6)
    • The fortify seed may not grant bonuses greater than half of your character level to anything.
    • All bonuses from the fortify seed are of the most common type to that area (Competence to skill checks, deflection to AC, Resistance to saving throws, Insight to attack rolls, enhancement to ability scores, etc).
    • The maximum bonus you can gain from spells of the armor seed is capped at your character level.
    • Rods of excellent magic do not possess their normal effect of replacing the XP you'd spend researching an epic spell.
    • cohorts and other similar beings do not get the gestalt.
    • Racial Player Classes take the place of Race Points for those who take levels in one.
    • Starting at level 29 with more developed epic spells is an option
    • You may have a magic item effectively take any number of additional item slots, denying you the ability to wear magic items on them. For each item slot occupied in this way, you may add an additional ability to the item by simply adding their costs together. In this way, the limit is not on item slots but on the effective number of magic items you possess.
    • If you are creating a tool (as in the MIC) like Elminster's pipe, every ability worth under half of the most expensive ability simply adds its cost to the total price of the item rather than multiplying it.
    • Multiple cost/xp reductions from librim eternia PrCs for a single seed don't stack.
    • No cancer mages or vermin hiveminds.

My Timeline for Submission: Expression of interest is due by Monday the 6th. A "final" draft of the character with backstory is due by the following Wednesday the 15th (right before it turns to the 16th PST). After that, I intend to spend a week combing through each and every one of your backstories and character sheets, fixing up any lingering issues, assembling the last groups, learning what you're capable of individually and together, and working on how to integrate such different individuals into the titular conflict of the campaign.

Chambers: It comes from her (evil) epic destiny.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-08-23 at 08:01 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict OOC

I'm here, would like for Vael to respond to my last post on the recruitment thread please.

Also Group 2 looks rather large, any way someone from there might be able to move to Group 4? Harvest Queen seems bunched with quite a few Good-aligned characters in Group 2; I'm not sure if that's a good idea to be honest. That's just my suggestion though.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-19 at 01:29 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Honestly, It was part of my original plan to use the Harvest Queen as the fourth player there (seeing as she is another old entity to kind of match fear, has a certain amount of moral ambiguity to her, and was built rather strongly). If she's happy where she is, though, I'd be happy to run for a group of 3 and another of 6.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-08-19 at 01:50 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

With her connections to Shelyn, I think Rahja will speak in dark red.

Still haven't come up with a replacement for that "Reluctant Divine" description for Rahja, which by now is just completely wrong.

Used homebrew/other material
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healer base class

Energy Bow

Spells are either from SRD, PFSRD or Spell Compendium
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-08-19 at 02:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, I'm over to the OOC now. I'd like to call Red on my team, however, I notice that there are actually several evil people on my team for once. Instead, I shall be claiming Blue.

The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12

Age of Worms

Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Are we declaring colours already? Then I stake claim to the Colour of Awesomeness.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    I'm here, would like for Vael to respond to my last post on the recruitment thread please.

Also Group 2 looks rather large, any way someone from there might be able to move to Group 4? Harvest Queen seems bunched with quite a few Good-aligned characters in Group 2; I'm not sure if that's a good idea to be honest. That's just my suggestion though.
    It's not that large. Just divide it by syllables. Use Wero's full name and you'll see that we're one of the smaller groups.
    Besides, she'll only be with TWO good characters, one of which is CG ( A polar opposite on two fronts, but presumably not dedicated to anything as thoruoghly as an LG) and a GREY GUARD who can pretty much get away with working with anyone, and Gidae, whose already said that there shouldn't be any major issues.The next closest to 'Good' is Fang, whose only neutral because alignment restrictions have been waived and apparently 'Assassin' no longer means 'Underhanded devious backstabbing throat-slitting soulless sinning death bringer, solely for monetary gain or political reasons' (DAMN YOU ASSASSIN'S CREED SERIES!) He's a 'Good guy' Assassin. Then there's Sebastain, who is also LE in that group*, so this should all work out.

Oh, and colors...Lets see...Ooohhh..How's this look? Shady enough? Nah. Well, Might aswell grab red if Hpboy doesnt want it. Better red than dead, I guess!!Ooh! Let's put it in ITALICS! Red Italics! Sinister enough for me!

*I Swear that none of this has anything to do with not wanting to be the only evil character amongst a former god, a spinning dervish blade'o'death, a 'noble' assassin (ha!) and a freaking paladin. Really.
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-08-19 at 01:49 PM.
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Honestly, It was part of my original plan to use the Harvest Queen as the fourth player there. If she's happy where she is, though, I'd be happy to run for a group of 3 and another of 6.
    Actually I can see why she wouldn't be in Group 4. I'm not sure if anyone else would fit in with them.

And I'll call Slate Gray for Usabhar and Yellow Green for Nasiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Toska Moriarty View Post
    It's not that large. Just divide it by syllables. Use Wero's full name and you'll see that we're one of the smaller groups.
    Besides, she'll only be with TWO good characters, one of which is CG ( A polar opposite on two fronts, but presumably not dedicated to anything as thoruoghly as an LG) and a GREY GUARD who can pretty much get away with working with anyone, and Gidae, whose already said that there shouldn't be any major issues.The next closest to 'Good' is Fang, whose only neutral because alignment restrictions have been waived and apparently 'Assassin' no longer means 'Underhanded devious backstabbing throat-slitting soulless sinning death bringer, solely for monetary gain or political reasons' (DAMN YOU ASSASSIN'S CREED SERIES!) He's a 'Good guy' Assassin. Then there's Sebastain, who is also LE in that group*, so this should all work out.

*I Swear that none of this has anything to do with not wanting to be the only evil character amongst a former god, a spinning dervish blade'o'death, a 'noble assassin (ha) and a freaking paladin. Really.
    I'll let Vael decide honestly, just make sure you all don't try to kill each other during the game, I've seen it happen before and it isn't pretty.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-19 at 01:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well maybe the pm systems being wierd, so ill post my cohert here.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=436050

And ill take flying plane hopping spherical adamantine objects with pocket dimensional living space for 400,000 realms ;D Might tack a few more things onto it in the sheet notes from the stuff listed in the stronghold builders to if that's alright. Thinking probably anti scrying runes, stuff for food and air production (workers gotta eat!), and perhaps a few other things. Could probably use it as a base of operations for wherever i end up.
    Last edited by Dramiscius; 2012-08-19 at 01:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Claiming desert Orange

Tekkal, legendary Spellblade.

Fluff, the Quailia
    Spoiler
    Show

A desert dwelling people, the quailia are said to be the result of a competition between two ancient gods, not only remembered as the ĎMotherí and the ĎDeceití. According to quailian myth the two Powers had a great argument regarding who was the better caretaker of their respective people, and it is said that in their anger they nearly destroyed the world. Before such a thing could happen a third Power, called ĎTemperanceí stepped in and suggested a solution to the fight. Mother and Deceit would each create a new species that would compete over the harshest living area in the world, the Hatysh desert. The one that survived the longest would be the victor.

Through time the quailia have forgotten what race it was that Great Danger created to be their competitor, and their Motherís name has also been lost. It is unknown whether any of the three gods mentioned in the origin story still remain, or if they have all been replaced by younger Powers.
    The quailia still follow their teachings closely though, guarding the desert fiercely against any intruders that might be Deceitís race.

The quailia are a nomadic people who live as hunters and herders, following their chosen animal, be it wild or domesticated, over the Hatysh dunes. They trade freely with other civilizations that live on the edge of the desert, allowing caravans and lone travelers to pass through their land. Any attempt to settle inside the desert proper, or bring an army through will provoke the quailia to war though.

While not a warlike people like goblins or orcs tend to be, the quailia are known for their grace and skill in combat, and quailia mercenaries are often highly prized as scouts or commandos, using their burrowing capabilities to confuse and terrify their enemies.

Few of the quailia ever leave the Hatysh desert, those who do are almost always traders of members of the Seventh Company, a unit in the quailian army that sell their services to other lands in exchange for trade agreements and similar favors to the quailian people. All those who die in battle while serving in the Seventh are regarded as saints and saviours of the quailia.

A burrowing race, the quailia build their homes and live much of their lives underground. Their elders know of thousands of caves scattered beneath the desert where they lead their people when they need shelter. If there are no caves nearby the quailia often dig down a couple of feet in the sand to rest.

The quailia have a close tie to their ancestors, and worship them as gods and sacred children of the Mother. When each quailia turns thirteen it goes through a holy ritual that forever ties that individual with a single ancestral spirit. This spirit grants the quailia knowledge of ages past, protects them from harm and strengthens their bodies.

Appearance: The quailia are long and thin with a thick dark brown or red skin. They have no hair on their bodies, instead they have bone ridges that start on the top of their head and run down along the neck towards the back. These ridges continue to grow throughout the quailianís life, growing longer. The males also have ridges on their face, often starting above their eyes and then curving down over the cheeks and ending in a mustache-like way. Some quailia trim these ridges, keeping them short, while others let them grow naturally. They have red or yellow eyes, and a pupil similar to that of a snake, the quailia have double eye lids to protect their eyes when the burrow through the ground.

The quailia dress in large flowing garments in various colors. Their merchants prefer white and yellow, while the hunters and herders are more commonly seen in light brown or ochre. In battle their warriors wear crimson and black.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personality: Having been brought up as the great hope of his people and told time and again that heís the long awaited Hero can make strange things to people and Tekkal is no exception. His sense of duty is incredibly strong; some would even call it too strong, bordering mental disease. He never breaks a promise, and will go to extreme lengths to fulfill what he perceive is his duty.

This side of him, which many naturally finds stiff and annoying, clashes somewhat with his general laid back attitude. Tekkal has always had a natural ability not to worry about things and never to feel stressed, no matter how dire a situation might seem, and since he went into exile this particular side of the Spellblade has grown much stronger.

The former general is still a force to be reckoned with, but he doesnít go looking for conflicts any longer, as he did when he was younger. Tekkal is content with his search for the truth behind his goddess and the quailia prophecies, and little else interests him. Perhaps it is due to his ascension to divinity, but the former Bringer of the Final Days is not the fighting hero he once was. When facing conflict he is just as likely to use his speed, intelligence and magical ability to evade his opponents as he is to draw his blades and leave a bloody mess behind.

Appearance
    TBD

Background in timeline form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Timeline
    0: Born

13: Goes through the ritual of adulthood, and returns from the temple with three guardian spirits. Declared the Bringer of the Final Days, Hero of the quaila and is given the name Tekkal.

22: Accepted into the Elder Council, despite his young age, becomes the unofficial leader of the quaila people. Begins military and social reforms of his people, making the Seventh Company into the core of the quailian army and writes the first draft of the Desert Law, making the <temple> the new seat for the Elder Council and the now larger departments supporting them.

26: Takes formal command over the Seventh Company and immediately leads the unit onto the continent in the First Qualian Crusade.

27-30: Fights in over a hundred battles during the siege of the Twelve Cities and never loses a single one. The Seventh Company gains the nickname Desert Ghosts for their commando like tactics.

31: Having conquered the Twelfth Wall and through that gained access to the rest of the continent, Tekkal and the Seventh marches for the ocean.

34: After two years of waiting the quailian army becomes sea borne for the first time, and the Sand Navy leaves shore in search for their promised land.

35-38: After three years of sailing and fighting the Seventh Company lands on the Tarmian continent and are immediately attacked by the goblinoid tribes controlling the coastal lands. It takes three years for Tekkal and his troops to establish a secure foothold and force the tribes back into the jungle. The fortress Great Hope is built, becoming the first secure harbor in Tarmian in a millennia.

39-45: Tekkal and his troops strike out into the jungle several times, each expedition failing after just a few weeks due to weather, disease and the constant harassment of goblins.

46: Tekkal creates a teleportation circle between Great Hope and <temple> and his troops back to the desert, leaving only a small contingent behind.

47: Returns from the failed crusade along with the decimated Seventh Company, admits defeat and meditates at the <temple> for a year.

48: Leaves the desert behind again after having assured his people that his quest wonít be over until he has found what the prophecies promise. The spellblade leaves the material plane behind to search the planes for his goal.

50: Fights his way through a legion of demons on his way through the abyss, gaining his reputation as one of the fastest swordsmen in the multiverse.

55: Leads a successful assault on the City of Brass, conquering the city and spends several years in its extensive libraries, searching for a clue to his goal.

59: Leaves the plane of fire and disappears to the lower planes for nearly a decade. Little is known of Tekkalís doings during this period, but he returns with greater powers and a strange amulet.

60: Appears in Limbo, hunted by a large force of Devils. Makes a stand on the dead body of a god, which is destroyed in the following battle. Tekkal absorbs what is left of the divinity in the smashed corpse, ascending to godhood.

65: Appears outside Sigil and apparently tries to negotiate with the Lady of Pain for entrance to the city, but with no luck. After years of fruitless attempts of trying to gain an audience with the Lady Tekkal disappears once more.

71: Makes a brief appearance on the material plane where he battles with the ancient red dragon Tazzíreídon. The duel lasts for several days before the great beast admits defeat. It is unknown what Tekkal gains from the victory, but he spends the next three years in the Vaults of the Dead on the elemental plane of earth searching for a scroll of unknown origin or power.

75: Returns to his people in the desert and is met with first great celebration and later horror as it is revealed that Tekkal is no longer mortal. The ancestral worshiping quailia force their former hero into exile.

76: Leaving the desert for the third and perhaps last time Tekkal heads for the neighboring lands at first. While staying at a temple of the local god of knowledge he stumbles upon some of the quailia prophecies, but these seem to be older than the ones contained within the Holy Texts he has previously read. Further, the text differs in several ways, never mentioning a sacred land or the Bringer of the Final Days. Further research revealed several old manuscripts describing the quailia arriving to the desert but never mentioning their gods, or the fabled rival race their mythology speaks of. Tekkal sets out to find the truth behind the prophecies that has caused his exile.

Crunch for the quailia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stats:
    Type: Medium Humanoid (0 RP)

Speed: Normal (0 RP)

Ability Score Modifier: Advanced: +2 str, +2 dex, +2 con, +4 int, -2 wis (4 RP)

Language: Standard (0 RP)

Ability Score Racial Traits: Advanced Dexterity (4 RP), Advanced Intelligence (4 RP)

Defense Racial Traits: Defensive Training, Greater (4 RP), Natural Armor (2 RP), Improved Natural Armor (1 RP), Improved Natural Armor (2 RP)

Feat and Skill Racial Traits: Shards of the past (4 RP), Nimble Attacks (2 RP),
    Quick Reactions (2 RP), Camouflage: Desert (1 RP)

Magical Racial Traits: Enclave Protector (2 RP)

Movement Racial Traits: Burrow (3 RP)

Senses Racial Traits: See in Darkness (4 RP)

Offense Racial Traits: Reach 10 ft. (1 RP)
    Last edited by DeusMortuusEst; 2012-08-20 at 01:42 PM.
    Away on vacation 19-23 March, posting will be minimal.

Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I have 3 characters so I pick three colors
    Bold Indigo for the High Lord
    Slate Gray for Prince Zurkar
    Bold Dark Orange for Praetorian Korshim
    YES!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

Furious, Mad, Evoker ITP
    Iron Avatarist: One:
    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Toska seems very enthusiastic about my inclusion in the group, and I think the Queen's interaction with Gidae and Erika should be quite interesting, so I'm rather reluctant to change groups now, especially since they've taken great pains to reassure me that we should be able to work together, after I repeatedly voiced the same concern you're voicing now.

I'm probably going to tone down her obviously eeevvviiiil nature just a bit and make her a bit more subtle, and play up her clever and charismatic self a bit to keep people on her side.

Gotcha. Part of my worry is you using Bitter Sweetness of Betrayal on PCs outside of your group.
    The reason I don't want to use it on PCs is because it is rude to the players. Whether or not you're in my group does not change this. It may change whether or not we get into conflict... but most conflicts aren't likely to give me a chance to use a minute long ability, and if you get into a fight with epic PCs, being left alive with some personality tweaks is frankly better than say, I dunno, death.

To be honest, the whole problem with this is that I don't really trust you completely. I always thought you are a rather dominating person; one who wants to win which works fine in one group, (unless their goals contradict each other) but can be very problematic when there are multiple groups working with or against each other...
    I take offense your wording and tone, but I do understand what you're getting at. That said, I'm pretty sure Reams has very clearly said that there won't be PvP. And frankly, if there is PvP, you have a lot more things to worry about than an ability that takes ten rounds to perform and can be interrupted at any time by sword to the face.

That and I kinda worry how you always play an evil character. (or at least most of the time)

I don't think this is accurate. Granted, I do like playing the villain, but evil characters are hardly the only thing I play. At most, half of my current characters are evil, but frankly I like blurring the lines of morality so much that even that is questionable.
    (And I specify current for a reason- this is an unusually heavy evil PC load for me).
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-08-19 at 01:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Well, Toska seems very enthusiastic about my inclusion in the group, and I think the Queen's interaction with Gidae and Erika should be quite interesting, so I'm rather reluctant to change groups now, especially since they've taken great pains to reassure me that we should be able to work together, after I repeatedly voiced the same concern you're voicing now.

I'm probably going to tone down her obviously eeevvviiiil nature just a bit and make her a bit more subtle, and play up her clever and charismatic self a bit to keep people on her side.
    Should be interesting then.

The reason I don't want to use it on PCs is because it is rude to the players. Whether or not you're in my group does not change this. It may change whether or not we get into conflict... but most conflicts aren't likely to give me a chance to use a minute long ability, and if you get into a fight with epic PCs, being left alive with some personality tweaks is frankly better than say, I dunno, death.

I take offense your wording and tone, but I do understand what you're getting at. That said, I'm pretty sure Realms has very clearly said that there won't be PvP. And frankly, if there is PvP, you have a lot more things to worry about than an ability that takes ten rounds to perform and can be interrupted at any time by sword to the face.
    Alright, I'll leave it at that and see how the game goes. I personally more worry about what happens to a PC when mind controlled than when dead. Some fates are just much, much worse than death.

And I apologize for being very rude on my last post. I felt that I need to say it and won't be repeating it again. I know Realms has stated PvP won't be a thing (unless someone tries forcing it, which I don't expect that player to last much longer) but sometimes my over-excessive worrying likes to forget that.

I don't think this is accurate. Granted, I do like playing the villain, but evil characters are hardly the only thing I play. At most, half of my characters are evil, but frankly I like blurring the lines of morality so much that even that is questionable.
    My last comment regarding that comes from paranoia. I've known a few people who are absolute evil-lovers and uh... I don't get along with most them. (I'm not including you in this btw) This is generally more because they aren't very social and don't roleplay well with others, (I know an exception though) even if their writing is top notch. There's also the fact that I don't seem to understand the appeal of enjoying evil and frankly find the idea of loving evil villains as completely horrifying. Sorry for the confusion.

(And I specify current for a reason- this is an unusually heavy evil PC load for me).
    You wouldn't be the first. I've known people with nothing BUT evil PCs.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-19 at 02:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Well Blue has been claimed by someone else, but they are not in my group, so I will be taking Blue for Celestica.
    DOUBLE GOLD = DOUBLE DOMINANCE

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

I think I'll be claiming the adventurous and envious Bold Green, and just Regular Green for my cohort.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedKnightGirl

@ RoC: you didn't answer last time I asked, can we bypass the prerequisites on templates? If yes, then I'm CG instead of NG.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The Harvest Queen

Character Sheet

Class and Racial Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Base Race Customization
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race: Human
    Type: Undead, 16 points
    Ability Score Modifier: Human (+2 cha), 0 points
    Ability Advancement: Upgraded Charisma +6, 15 points
    Languages: Linguist, 1 point
    Flexible Bonus Feat, 4 points
    Skilled, 4 points

Divine Rank 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    • 60ft Base Land Speed
    • Fly speed increases to 200ft
    • Deflection bonus to AC equal to Charisma
    • Immune to Polymorphing, petrification, and form altering attacks
    • Immune to energy drain, ability damage, and ability drain
    • Immune to mind-affecting effects.
    • DR 10/epic
    • Fire Resistance 5
    • Spell Resistance 32
    • Immortal

Templates
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Fey
    • Fly Speed
      A half-fey gains a fly speed equal to twice their base speed, with good maneuverability.
    • Spell-Like Abilities
      At Will: Charm person
      3/day: Detect law, protection from law
      1/day: Calm emotions, enthrall, eyebite, glitterdust, hideous laughter, hold monster, hypnotism, irresistible dance, mass charm person, mass invisibility, mass suggestion
    • Immune to enchantment spells and effects.
    • Low-light vision.
    • Ability Adjustments
      Dex +2, Con -2, Wis +2, Cha +4

Pact Descendant
    • Gains Planetouched Subtype
    • Eldritch Blast
      Adds 1d6 damage to eldritch blast, plus an additional 1d6 for every five levels. (+7d6 at level 30)
    • Dark Blessing (Charisma)
      The pact descendant increases an ability score by 2. Increase this ability score by 1 for each 5 HD the pact descendant has. (+8 at level 30)
    • Natural Invocation
      A pact descendant innately knows one least invocation from the Warlock invocation list. It's caster level for this invocation is equal to it's HD. The save DC for this invocation (if it allows a save) is 10 + equivalent spell level + the pact descendantís Charisma modifier. The pact descendant learns an additional least invocation for each 6 HD it has. (6 at level 30)
    • Ability Adjustments
      Dex +2, Wis -2, Cha +2

Pact Heir
    • Frightful Presence (Ex)
      When the pact heir attacks it inspires fear in all creatures within 30 feet that saw the attack. A potentially affected creature that succeeds at a Will save (DC 10 + Ĺ pact heirís hit dice + pact heirís Charisma modifier) becomes immune to that pact heirís frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 5 or less HD than the pact heir become panicked for 3d6 rounds, creatures with 1-4 less HD than the pact heir become frightened for 2d6 rounds, and those with HD equal to or greater than the pact heir become shaken for 1d6 rounds.
    • Dark Insight (Su)
      The pact heir gains a +1 profane bonus to all its attack rolls. Increase this bonus by 1 for each 5 HD it has. (+7 at level 30)
    • Inhuman Speed
      All modes of movement the pact heir has increase by 5 ft. per 2 HD it has. Increase the distance of the pact heirís 5 foot step by 5 ft. for each 6 HD it has. (+75ft and +25ft at level 30)
    • Natural Invocation
      A pact heir with 8 or more HD innately understands some of the deeper powers of its legacy. It knows one lesser invocation from the Warlock invocation list. It's caster level for this invocation is equal to it's HD. The save DC for this invocation (if it allows a save) is 10 + equivalent spell level + the pact heirís Charisma modifier. The pact heir learns an additional lesser invocation for each additional 8 HD it has. (3 at level 30)
    • Ability Adjustments
      +2 Dex, +2 Int, +2 Cha

Bloodlines
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major Hero-Born (Warlock)
    • Skill Boosts
      +2 to Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (The Planes), Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device
    • Ability Boosts
      +1 Dex, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    • Eldritch Blast
      If the Hero-Born has levels in Warlock, increase the amount of damage dealt by their Eldritch Blast by 3d6
    • Invocation
      If the Hero-Born has levels in Warlock, they learn additional Invocations of up to the highest level available to them at levels 8th and 16th. (This grants me one lesser and one dark.)
    • Damage Reduction
      DR 1/Cold Iron
    • Fiendish Resilience
      One per day as a free-action the Hero-Blood may enter a regenerative state for two minutes during which he gains Fast Healing 1.
    • Destiny 5
      The hero-born gains a "Destiny Pool" equal to the rating of their Destiny ability. They may use these points to gain rerolls for themselves or force opponents to reroll. In the latter case the opponent's roll must have been directly related to the Hero-Born (Such as an attack roll targeted at them or a saving throw to resist a save). These points regenerate at a rate of 1/day and one is recovered when in particularly dramatic circumstances, such as facing an arch-rival.
    • Heroic Affinity +6
      You gain a bonus on all interaction rolls with characters with one or more levels in Warlock.

Major Efreeti
    • Skill Boosts
      +2 Bluff, Concentration, Intimidate, Knowledge (The Planes)
    • Ability Boosts
      +1 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
    • Bonus Feats
      Dodge, Improved Initiative
    • Spell-Like Abilities
      1/day: Produce Flame, Scorching Ray
      1/week: Wall of Flames
    • Natural Armor
      +2 natural armor bonus.
    • Immunity to Fire
    • Efreeti Affinity +6
      You gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with efreet.

Invoker
    Spoiler
    Show
    [b]Invocations (Sp)
    The invoker has seven least invocations, six lesser invocations, five greater invocations, and four greatest invocations. They further gain the Magic Insight invocation for free.
    See spell list for Invocations chosen. Invoker invocations are marked with 'i,' with 1 representing least, 2 representing lesser, 3 representing greater, and 4 representing greatest.

Summon Familiar
    As the Sorcerer or Wizard class feature. An Invoker may use the Share Spells feature to share Invocations with his Familiar, even though they are not technically spells. He does not gain the ability to share other types of Spell-like Ability.

Alchemist
    At 2nd level, an Invoker gains Brew Potion as a bonus feat, and furthermore can create any potion without being able to cast the spell it requires by having a Caster Level of at least twice the Spell's level, and succeeding on a Craft (Alchemy) check equal to 10 + the Spell's level. Success means that the Invoker is treated as if he had successfully cast the spell; the Invoker still must provide all other resources for the brewing.

An Invoker with the Alchemist feature may also brew Spellvials, special potions which are used as thrown weapons. Spellvials are brewed using spells of no higher than 3rd level, just like potions, and the spells must furthermore function either on a ranged touch attack, a single specific target, or in an area that may be placed at range (not an area that must be centered on the caster). Throwing and hitting with a spellvial is ranged touch attack: for single-target spells, this means the spell hits (and in the case of spells that offered a Reflex save, they automatically fail this save since the Invoker has actually hit them with the attack), for area-effect spells it means the spell is essentially cast centered on the area where it was thrown (and any targets within the area are allowed any applicable saving throws, including Reflex saves). As weapons, spellvials have a range increment of 10 ft. Ingesting a spellvial has no effect.

Scribe
    At 4th level, an Invoker gains Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat, and furthermore can create any scroll without being able to cast the spell in question by having a Caster Level of at least twice the Spell's level, and succeeding on a Forgery check equal to 10 + the Spell's desired Caster Level. Success means the Invoker is treated as having successfully cast the spell; the Invoker must still provide all other resources for the scribing.

The Invoker may also substitute a Forgery check for his Use Magic Device check to attempt to activate scrolls.

Paragnostic Apostle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lore (Ex)
    You can recall legends or information regarding various topics, just like a bard can with bardic knowledge. To use this ability, make a lore check (1d20 + twice your Paragnostic apostle level + your Int modifier). Success grants you the same result as a bardic knowledge check would. This stacks with similar abilities from other classes.

Backhanded Attack
    If you success*fully hit with an attack that deals hit point or ability score damage and requires a saving throw against an additional, nondamaging effect, add 1 to the DC of the saving throw.

Call of the Worlds
    Call of Worlds: Each creature you summon with a conjuration (sum*
    moning) spell gains the fast healing ability. The damage healed per round begins at 2 hit points and increases by 1 for every three caster levels (maximum +5 at 15th caster level).

Manifest Ethos (Evil)
    Choose one non-neutral aspect of your own alignment (chaos, evil, good, or law). When you cast an energy-based offensive spell against a creature with an opposing alignment component (chaos/law or good/evil), one-half the hit point damage dealt is pure divine power instead of its normal energy type, and thus not subject to reduction by energy resistance or immuni*ty.

Mind Over Matter
    Whenever you cast a spell that creates a solid object, its hardness and hit points each increase by 2. When you cast a spell that provides an armor bonus, that bonus to AC also increases by 2.

Penetrating Insight
    You gain a +1 bonus on caster level on checks made to overcome spell resistance, or to successfully dispel another caster's spell.

Mindbender
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telepathy (Su)
    At first level, a mindbender gains the ability to communicate telepathically with any creature within 100ft that has a language.

Warlock
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blast (Sp)
    Standard action ranged touch attack with 60ft range. Deals 15d6 damage (1d6 at every odd level). May be altered with one Eldritch Essence and one Blast Shape.

Invocations (Sp)
    The Warlock has three invocations and two eldritch essences or blast shapes for each four invocation grades (Least, Lesser, Greater, Heritage).
    See spell list for Invocations chosen. Warlock invocations are marked with 'w,' with 1 representing least, 2 representing lesser, 3 representing greater, and 4 representing heritage. 'we' designates eldritch essences and blast shapes.

Detect Magic (Sp)
    At 3rd level a warlock can use detect magic as the spell at will with caster level equal to class level.

Deceive Item (Ex)
    At 5th level a warlock can can take 10 on a UMD check, even if distracted or threatened.

Identify Item (Su)
    When a warlock of 8th level casts detect magic on an item, he may then spend 1 minute concentrating on the item to also learn the properties of the item as if he had cast identify.

Eldritch Volley (Su)
    At 9th level, if a warlock uses his eldritch blast in a round he may launch an additional eldritch blast at his full base attack bonus as a swift action. When the warlock reaches 18th level he may launch up to two additional eldritch blasts instead of only one.

Eldritch Soul (Su)
    At 13th level the magic that infuses a warlock wells up in an incredible fount of power. His warlock caster level and the caster level of any magical item he uses is considered to be 2 higher.

Greater Arcane Sight (Ex)
    By 15th level the worldís magic is laid out before a warlockís senses, as clear to him as the color of the earth or sky. Like his other senses, so intrinsic is this ability that not even an anti-magic field can disrupt it. He is permanently under an effect similar to greater arcane sight, except that instead of using a Spellcraft check to determine schools of magic, he uses his ranks in Spellcraft + his caster level. He may suppress or resume this ability as a free action.

Renew Item (Su)
    A warlock of 20th level can utilize his eldritch abilities to recharge magical items that have been temporarily drained. He may concentrate intently on an item that has a limited number of uses that recharge each day and replenish some or all of the charges. If an item has no charges left, he may concentrate uninterrupted for 5 minutes to restore a single charge. Alternatively, he may focus on an item uninterrupted for an hour to fully recharge the item.

Destructive Energy
    At 2nd level a demonic warlock wields his arcane might with ferocity, growing more destructive. His eldritch blastís damage dice increases to a d8. At 10th level the damage die increases to d10, and at 14th level, it increases to a d12.

Demonic Resilience (Su)
    At 4th level a demonic warlock gains fast healing 3. This improves to fast healing 6 at 10th level, and fast healing 10 at 16th level.

Demonic Resistance (Su)
    At 6th level a demonic warlock gains resistance 10 against electricity and is immune to poison. At 18th level a demonic warlock's energy resistance improves to resistance 20 against electricity and he gains resistance 10 against acid, cold, and fire.

Demonic Restitution
    At 20th level a demonic warlock unlocks the final power of his blood. He becomes immune to electricity and his attacks are considered both chaotic and evil aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Finally, when you die the destructive energies you contain explode outward violently, dealing 10d12 damage to everything within 100 feet (Reflex 20 + Cha mod for half). Treat this as an eldritch blast that has every eldritch essence you know applied to it. Half the damage is always raw untyped energy, while the other half is appropriately modified by your eldritch essences. Your body and anything you are wearing or carrying is utterly destroyed. Your energies will slowly coalesce, reforming your body, restoring you and your equipment at full health. Use the following tables to determine if, when, and where you reform.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Table: Reforming

Table: Location
    [/List]

Chosen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Epic Spellcasting
    Even without the Epic Spellcaster feat, a chosen can still develop and cast epic spells using any four seeds of his or her choice seeds. For the purpose of developing epic spells with these seeds (and only these seeds), costs in gold pieces and experience points are halved. If the chosen doesn't cast spells, he or she uses his or her highest ability score modifier to determine epic spell save DCs.

Bonus Feat
    At every odd level, a chosen may select any feat that he or she qualifies for as a bonus feat.

Chosen Advancement
    At each level, a chosen selects two different base classes and gains class features (including spellcasting ability) and an increase in effective level as if you had also gained a level in those classes. You need not have previously possessed levels in that class and may choose different classes at each level. You do not gain the benefit of chosen classí Hit Dice, attack progression, or skill points, however. At each even level, the chosen may select a third base class to advance in this way.

Advanced Class: Warlock
    +10 effective warlock levels, gaining levels 21-30 of the Epic Warlock Progression.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Invocations: The epic warlock's caster level is equal to his class level. He does not learn additional invocations.

Eldritch Blast: An epic warlock's eldritch blast damage increases by 1d6 at every odd-numbered level higher than 20th (11d6 at 21nd, 12d6 at 23th, and so on).

Bonus Feats: The epic warlock gains a bonus feat every even level higher than 20th (22rd, 24th, 26th, and so on). Bonus feats must be chosen from the following list, and can be selected even if the warlock does not meet the prerequisites.

Advanced Class: Swordsage
    +10 effective swordsage levels, gaining level 1-10 of Swordsage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers (8 readied)
    A 10th level swordsage knows 15 maneuvers and can ready 8 at once. The available disciplines are: Dancing Leaf, Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Setting Sun, Shadow Hand, and Tiger Claw

Maneuvers Known: Baffling Defense, Counter Charge, Dance of Falling Leaves, Distracting Ember, Heart of Elderwood, Inferno Blast, Leaping Flame, Mirrored Pursuit, One with Shadow, Phantasmal Elegance, Shadow Blink, Shadow Stride, Turn Back the Wind, Walk the Thorn Strewn Path, Wind Stride, Zephyr Dance

Readied: Dance of Falling Leaves, Heart of Elderwood, One with Shadow, Phantasmal Elegance, Shadow Blink, Turn Back the Wind, Walk the Thorn Strewn Path, Zephyr Dance

Stances
    A 10th level swordsage knows four stances.

Stances Known: Child of Shadow, Holocaust Cloak, Shifting Defense, Walking on the Wind

Discipline Focus
    Weapon Focus: Setting Sun
    At 1st level, you gain the benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for weapons associated with the chosen discipline.
    Insightful Strikes: Desert Wind
    At 4th level, you can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus on damage rolls whenever you execute a strike from the chosen discipline. At 12th levle, you can choose a second discipline to which this ability applies.
    Defensive Stance: Diamond Mind
    At 8th level, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws whenever you adopt a stance from the chosen discipline. At 16th level, you can choose a second discipline to which this ability applies.
    You gain a +2 bonus on Martial Lore checks made regarding a maneuver in a discipline in which you have discipline focus.

Quick to Act (Ex)
    You gain a +1 bonus on initiative checks. This bonus increases by 1 at 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level. (+3 at level 10)

AC Bonus
    Starting at 2nd level, you can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear light armor, are unencumbered, and do not use a shield. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. However, you lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless.

Sense Magic (Su): Beginning at 7th level, you can spend 10 minutes focusing upon a weapon or suit of armor. If you succeed on a level check (DC 10 + the caster level of the weapon or armor), you can identify the properties of that item, including its enhancement bonus and special abilities. This ability does not reveal the properties of artifacts or legacy weapons, though it does indicate that such items are significantly powerful.

Evasion (Ex)
    At 9th level, you can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If you make a successful reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals damage on a successful save, you can instead take no damage. Evasion can be used only if you are wearing light armor or no armor. If you are helpless, you do not gain the benefit of evasion.

Advanced Class: Warblade:
    +5 effective warblade levels, gaining level 1-5 of warblade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers (4 readied)
    A 5th level warblade knows 6 maneuvers and can ready 4 at once. The available disciplines are: Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw, and White Raven.

Maneuvers Known: Action Before Thought, Iron Heart Focus, Iron Heart Surge, Moment of Perfect Mind, Quicksilver Motion, Wall of Blades

Maneuvers Readied: Action Before Thought, Moment of Perfect Mind, Iron Heart Surge, Quicksilver Motion

Stances
    A 5th level warblade knows two stances.

Stances Known: Pearl of Black Doubt, Stance of Alacrity

Battle Clarity (Ex)
    As long as you are not flat-footed, you gain an insight bonus equal to your intelligence bonus (maximum equals your warblade level) on your Reflex saves.

Weapon Aptitude (Ex)
    You qualify for feats that usually require a minimum number of fighter levels as if you had a fighter level equal to your warblade level -2. You also have the flexibility to adjust your weapon training. Each morning, you can spend 1 hour in weapon practice to change the designated weapon for any feat you have that applies only to a single weapon. You can adjust any of your feats in this way, and you don't have to adjust them all in the same way.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
    At 2nd level you gain the ability to react to danger before your sense would normally allow you to do so. You retain your dexterity bonus to AC even if you are caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, you still lose your dexterity bonus to AC if you are immobilized.

Battle Ardor (Ex)
    The sheer love of battle lends uncanny strength to your blows. Starting at 3rd level, you gain an insight bonus equal to your intelligence bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits.

Bonus Feats
    At 5th level, you gain a bonus feat from the Warblade list. You must meet the prerequisite for the feat you select. Every four levels thereafter, you choose another bonus feat from the list.

Eldritch Paragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the features of Eldritch Paragon are listed in character specific homebrew below. This will serve only to list which choices I took.

Invocation Knowledge
    2 lesser, 2 greater

Invocation Secret
    Enduring Invocations, Piercing Invocations

Homebrew/Other Sources Used
    Spoiler
    Show
    General Homebrew

Character Specific Homebrew

And I Shall Know Them (Epic Feat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Telepathy special quality, Mindsight
    Benefit: You may telepathically speak to anyone within twice the normal range of your telepathy. This does not extend the range of your Mindsight.

Your Mindsight now works closer to blindsight, pinpointing intelligent creatures with such precision that they do not gain total concealment against you.

Lastly, any creature on the same plane can deliberately call out to you, conveying empathic information as if they had an empathic link with you. Detailed information cannot be conveyed, but general emotional content and vague concepts can be. Any creature that does this reveals their location in such a way that you can be counted to have seen it once for the purposes of teleportation, though you are given no real knowledge or understanding of the place in question. You are also treated as having at least secondhand knowledge of the creature for the purposes of scrying.

Force of Will (Epic Feat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 24, impenetrable barrier, poltergeist, repelling blast
    Benefit:If your impenetrable barrier is destroyed, you do not take any damage. Also, you may have an additional barrier active at the same time for every six caster levels your possess.

You may affect any incorporeal or ethereal entity as if they were solid, effectively granting the ghost touch quality of force descriptor to all spells, weapons, and armor you touch.

Lastly, you may manipulate your environment at a range, and sustain such efforts with only a modicum of concentration. In essence, this power grants you two extra arms with reach equal to 100ft + 10ft per caster level and an effective Strength equal to your Charisma. You cannot use this extended reach to make AoOs. You require line of effect in order to use these arms to manipulate anything, but can use them in any way you would normally use your arms. This is a supernatural ability.

Innate Eldritch Power (Epic Feat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have become one with the powers you wield, making them a part of you and increasing their strength as you grow stronger.
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 21 ranks, ability to use dark invocations or their equivalent.
    Benefit: The DCs for your Invocations are calculated as if they were normal spell-like abilities, increasing them to 10 + 1/2 HD + casting statistic (or Charisma, if it is greater).

Spell Vampire (Epic Feat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feed off the power of magic.
    Prerequisites: Spellcraft 20 ranks, Caster's Lament, Devour Magic, Voracious Dispelling
    Benefit: Your invocations no longer have a maximum caster level bonus for break enchantment and dispel magic type effects.
    When using Devour Magic, the temporary hit points you gain stack up to a maximum of five times your caster level. Temporary hit points gained in this way fade after 24 hours.
    Caster's Lament can be used to counterspell a spell of any level, and may be used to counterspell as an immediate action once per encounter.
    You may also remove all kinds of powerful magical effects. The break enchantment effect of Caster's Lament may be effectively used against any appropriate non-epic spells, even ones that would normally require wish or miracle to remove. This does not change the type of spells Caster's Lament may be used to remove, only its power to remove them.
    Lastly, you gain spell resistance equal to 11+caster level. This is an extraordinary ability.

Eldritch Paragon (Epic Prestige Class)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry Requirements
    Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 20 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 20 ranks
    Invocations: Ability use dark invocations (or their equivalent, such as Ancestry, Greatest, etc.)

Hit Die: d6
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Special|Invocations
    1st|+0|Eldritch Thought, Quick Invocation (1)|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    2nd|+1|Invocation Knowledge|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    3rd|+1|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    4th|+2|Invocation Secret|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    5th|+2|Eldritch Persistence (+4)|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    6th|+3|Quick Invocation (2)|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    7th|+3|Invocation Knowledge|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    8th|+4|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    9th|+4|Invocation Secret|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    10th|+5|Eldritch Persistence (+6)|+1 level of existing invocation-using class
    [/table]

Class Skills (4+ Int modifier per level): Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Eldritch Thought: A true invoker need not waste time with gestures, for their magic is one with their will. The Eldritch Paragon no longer suffers arcane spell failure, and does not need to provide somatic components for their invocations- they evoke them with their will. In addition, using an invocation no longer provokes an attack of opportunity.

Quick Invocation: Once per round, an Eldritch Paragon can use an invocation (or eldritch blast) with a casting time of 1 standard action or less as a free action. At 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards, this ability can be used one additional time per round.

Invocation Knowledge: At second level and each five levels after that, the Eldritch Paragon learns a number of new invocations. Each time they gain this feature, they gain six eldritch points, which may be spent to learn new invocations as according to the following table:
    {table=head]Grade|Point Cost
    Least|1
    Lesser|2
    Greater|3
    Dark|4[/table]

Bonus Feats: At 3rd level and every 5 levels afterwards, an Eldritch Paragon can select a single bonus feat from the following list: Dark Transient, Eldritch Sculptor, Epic Eldritch Blast, Epic Extra Invocation, Lord of All Essences, Master of the Elements, Morpheme Savant, Paragon Visionary, Shadowmaster, Souleater Incarnate, Spell Vampire Verminlord

Invocation Secret: At fourth level and every five levels after that, an Eldritch Paragon may choose one of the following abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Echo
    Whenever you use an invocation, you may choose to have it automatically cast again at the beginning of your turn in the following round. No matter where you might have moved in the previous round, the second invocation originates from the same location and affects the same area as the original spell. If the original invocation designates a ranged target, the repeated invocation affects the same target if it is within 30 feet of its original position; otherwise, the second invocation fails. If the original invocation has a range of touch, the repeated invocation affects the same target if it is within 5ft of its original position; otherwise, the second invocation fails.

Enduring Invocations
    All personal range invocations with a duration of 24 hours are now permanent duration, though you may choose to dismiss or restart the effect as a free action. Any effect that would dispel them instead suppress them until the beginning of your next turn.

Intensify Invocation
    Choose a single invocation you know that deals a variable amount of damage. It deals twice the normal amount of damage. If you possess Eldritch Blast or an equivalent ability, you may apply this ability to it.

Piercing Invocation
    You can use your invocations against targets that are sheltered behind a wall or force effect. You may bypass one foot of barrier per five caster levels. If the invocation requires line of sight, you cannot cast it unless you can somehow see the target.
    In addition, your invocations have full effect on incorporeal and ethereal creatures, and does not suffer the normal 50% miss chance against them.
    If you possess Eldritch Blast or an equivalent ability, you may apply this ability to it.

Swift Invoking
    You may choose to cast any invocation that would normally only take a full round or standard action as a swift action instead.

Eldritch Persistence: Invocations are drawn from the raw flow of magic and power, and are not fragile constructs like spells to be so easily torn apart. At fifth level, the Eldritch Paragon gains the ability to cast his invocations and maintain the benefit of her epic warlock feats even in antimagic and dead magic. To cast an invocation or use one of her epic warlock feat abilities in such an area, the Eldritch Paragon must make a successful caster level check against a DC equal to 11 + the caster level of the effect (for dead magic zones the DC is generally 25, though some may be stronger than others). The Eldritch Paragon further gains a +4 bonus to caster level checks for this purpose, as well as overcoming spell resistance and determining the DC to dispel their invocations. This bonus increases by +2 for every five levels after this.

Revised Warlock Progression (Epic Progression)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d6

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Invocations: The epic warlock's caster level is equal to his class level. He does not learn additional invocations.

Eldritch Blast: An epic warlock's eldritch blast damage increases by 1d6 at every odd-numbered level higher than 20th (11d6 at 21nd, 12d6 at 23th, and so on).

Bonus Feats: The epic warlock gains a bonus feat every even level higher than 20th (22rd, 24th, 26th, and so on). Bonus feats must be chosen from the following list, and can be selected even if the warlock does not meet the prerequisites.

Epic Warlock Bonus Feats: Additional Magic Item Space, Augmented Alchemy, Craft Epic Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Epic Rod, Craft Epic Staff, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, Damage Reduction, Dark Transient*, Efficient Item Creation, Eldritch Sculptor*, Energy Resistance, Epic Eldritch Blast*, Epic Extra Invocation*, Epic Fiendish Resilience*, Epic Spell Penetration, Extended Lifespan, Extra Epic Invocation*, Fast Healing, Improved Combat Casting, Lord of All Essences*, Master of the Elements*, Morpheme Savant*, Paragon Visionary*, Scribe Epic Scroll, Shadowmaster*, Souleater Incarnate*, Spell Vampire Spellcasting Harrier, Superior Initiative, Verminlord*.

The Acropolis Chthonios (Magic Item)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Harvest Queen's home is beneath the earth, down among the graves, and it is in the shadows that deepen in the night. It can be found in paths of moonlight, and among grain prepared for the scythe. The great castle of the Queen does not deign to settle itself in one place- that is the province of a mortal's domain.

For every location it appears in it has new entrance, yet all eventually lead down into the earth into long inclined tunnels of dark wood and carefully worked stone. Illuminated by flickering lights of red, orange, yellow, and silver, the walls show countless years of traditions and ceremony, from mad dances at the full moon, to the somber burials of log forgotten heroes.

If one goes far enough down these tunnels, they will eventually reach a grand cave composed not of stone, but of shadow. It is within the earth, and yet it is not within the earth, a black cloud within the heart of a world that none can reach save by its Queen's will. High above shines a red moon, and far below a silver lake, and between them, built upon a spire-like island, is the home of the Harvest Queen.

Darkness, light, wood, stone and metal are all twined together inseparably as its walls, complimenting and contradicting one another. Doors vast enough that even a giant might struggle to shift them stand open, welcoming all who find their way here into the courtyard.

Total Cost: 8,000,000

Spoiler
    Show
    Universal Conveniences

The walls (outer and inner) are Hardness 40, and have 1000 hit points. What is more, they repair themselves at a rate of 10 damage per round even if reduced to 0 or below, so long as the Harvest Queen still lives. While intact, the walls cannot be passed through, even by ethereal, incorporeal, or gaseous creatures.

Teleportation and Plane Shifting effects cannot reach the Acropolis, no have any effect inside of it, unless they are created by the Harvest Queen.

Every task that might arise in such a place is tended to by spiritual servants. There are hundreds of them, but ultimately they are identical. They are treated as Unseen Servants, though they can range anywhere within the Acropolis, and have mental scores of 10, though they are treated as mindless for all adverse effects. They only obey commands given by the Harvest Queen, though she may delegate her authority to other entities if she wishes.

Things that need to be disposed of simply seem to disappear. Anything designated as trash, placed within bins or other such areas are simply disintegrated, leaving nothing behind.

Lights can be found and created anywhere within the Acropolis, and are capable of changing into any warm colors, or silver. All of them shed light as a torch, and may be commanded to move, light, or extinguish as a free action.

No matter their method of entry, the Harvest Queen senses the arrival of newcomers into her domain, as per the mental version of the greater alarm spell, except there is no distance limitation.

The entrance to the Acropolis Chthonios is wherever the Harvest Queen wishes, even on other planes. This works as the planar travel version of the gate spell, except it can be used to connect to areas on the same plane, it may be held open indefinitely, and the entrance may be expanded large enough to accept even large vehicles. The Queen may open an entrance if she is in the Acropolis, or if she is outside of it. If she so desires, the Harvest Queen may open the entrance to a random location, though such locations tend towards themes as mentioned in the description.

Argent Harbor

On the silver lake far below the main castle there is are rows of dock made from black wood. When the entrance opens near water, it leads here, a lake deep enough to allow even large ships to find harbor. Should one find reason to arrive, this harbor could be used by an entire fleet.

Further on land there are stables of similar size, mostly proportioned for horses, though a few stranger steeds might find a place there.

Banquet Hall

This hall changes to suit its number of occupants and the mood, ranging from a small room suitable for no more than four, to a grand chamber that can hold hundreds. The spirit servants can simply conjure good food from nothing, serving up to three hundred each day.
    It also encompasses a bar area with similar size properties that can create alcohol or any other non-magical beverage to serve the same number of people.

Crypt of the Speaking Dead

A dark and winding labyrinth, the crypt is home to countless biers. Any corpse placed within the crypt does not rot or decay, and is instead perfectly preserved as per the gentle repose spell. In addition, once per week, each corpse will answer 10 questions per week, as per speak with dead.

Lost Library

Artfully designed shelves are far taller than a man, and are extended in long rows. Yet, finding knowledge is easy, as the items on the shelves whisper where to go, calling out to those who seek them, and speaking of their secrets to those wandering without direction. Research done here has its time cut in half, and all knowledge checks are granted a +5 circumstance bonus.

Those who come seeking books will be surprised to find far more here. The shelves are crowded with historical artifacts, and trinkets that meant a great deal to those who once carried them. One can find the sword of an old warrior next to a tome of necromantic secrets, and next to that, a bright red scarf only significant by the secret love it once represented.

In addition, a row of black books record every question ever asked and answered by the corpses within the crypts below.

Guest Wings

Much like the rest of the Acropolis, the guest wings are designed to accommodate hundreds. The rooms are vast and spacious, large enough that they might fit a small house, and filled with minor magical wonders. Among other things, they clean themselves, provide supplies of fresh water, and furniture slowly rearranges itself on command.

Sanctum

This room cannot be touched by divination of any kind. Within the it are the Queen's private chambers, which include living space, a study, a small storage area, and a ritual chamber. Within the study is a vast map which depicts the current state of the Acropolis, including all the territory outside the castle. It is a perfectly accurate 3d map that may be manipulated at the user's whim, created of illusions projected from arcane diagrams inscribed into the floor with countless gems. While consulting the Sanctum map, the range of the Harvest Queen's Mindsight expands to encompass the entire Acropolis.

Throne of Rings

This room is designed to emphasize the throne of the Harvest Queen. All within the hall can comprehend and speak in other languages as a continuous tongues effect. In addition, if a creature willingly kneels before the Harvest Queen while she sits in her throne and makes an oath to her, she may bind their oath with a lesser geas effect, except there is no hit die limitation, and it lasts until the Harvest Queen dismisses it, the oath is fulfilled, or the next full moon rises.

Vaults

Warded against all divination, much like the sanctum, the vaults are lead lined and hidden directly under the castle. There are no doors or passages to them, or any indication that they exist. There are numerous separate vault rooms, allowing for storage of various items without mixing them. Generally, the vaults go unused, except for a few items of great importance placed there by the Queen.

Blessings of Rebirth (Magic Item)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The reincarnation of the Harvest Queen into her current form granted her many powers, raising her above the common man, reinforcing her body, and heightening her powers of perception.

• +5 Inherent Str, Dex, Int, Wis, Cha
    • +2 to Dexterity
    • Iron Will
    • 60ft darkvision,
    • +4 to perception
    • Cannot be flanked.
    • +4 bonus to initiative, acrobatics, and escape artist

This is just Manuals, Flexible Spine, Silithar Tendons, Otyugh Hole, and Crown of Eyes all smashed together for fluff purposes only. All are effectively slotless, and I gain no benefits or penalties from doing this. It's all flavor.

Total Cost: 814,000

Mark of the Turning Season (Magic Item)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything moves, everything changes and fades. Autumn becomes winter, and once the harvest is complete, the time of lack approaches- the fields are barren, the trees and vines withering in cold, dying away.

A tattoo in earthy browns and blacks weaves along the left side of the Harvest Queen, coyly spreading thin designs onto her face, and tracing all the way down the arm and leg of the same side of her body. Its shape changes though, from moment to moment and season to season, but it retains the same hints and themes- vines and branches, flowers and leaves, heavenly bodies and bleached bones.

This item takes up the face slot, feet slot, one ring slot, and the throat slot, and possesses the following capabilities:
    • +12 enhancement bonus to Dexterity
    • Adds +1 Aiming, Collision, Defending, Eager, Merciful, Spellstrike, Transmuting, and Warning to a single natural weapon.
    • Further, this single natural weapon is a Spellblade weapon, capable of reflecting Greater Dispel Magic.
    • Three times per day as a swift action, reflects the next 9 spell levels directed at you as if by the spell turning spell.
    • Three times per day as a swift action it may be invoked to invoke an effect identical to temporal acceleration. The apparent duration is three rounds.
    • Two times day as a swift action, renders the wearer immune to all forms of damage from any source for one round.
    • Four times per day as an immediate action, you may reroll a saving throw, before you know the outcome of your roll. You cannot use this if you have already rerolled the save for any reason.
    • Four times per day as an immediate action, may be invoked to negate any of the following conditions before it affects you: confused, dazed, fascinated, stunned.
    • Four times per day as an immediate action, may be invoked to reduce all variable effects of the next spell or spell-like ability that affects you to minimum value. Only you are protected by this effect. This protection lasts until the end of your next turn.

Total Cost: 4,691,180

Moonlight Harvest Crown (Magic Item)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This crown is made of carefully woven fallen autumn leaves edged with precisely folded silver. Crafted only in the light of the harvest moon, the crown absorbed the bright moonlight and still sheds it from the veins of the leaves and reflects it from its mirror-like silver edges. During the day it is a beautiful ornament, but by night the aura of power it sheds is easily seen drifting around its wearer as motes of silver light. All who look upon it feel the majesty and weight of its wearer's presence and magic.

The Moonlight Harvest Crown takes up the head and torso slots, and bestows the following powers on its wearer:
    • +12 enhancement bonus to Charisma and Wisdom.
    • +10 competence bonus to all Charisma and Wisdom checks and skill checks.
    • The aura of the crown can be folded and layered around its wearer to form whatever apparel they might desire, creating even the most expensive and beautiful raiment, including jewelry. Anything separated from the wearer simply fades into silver light and disperses, without harm to the crown. Creating, changing, or dismissing such garments is a free action. Nothing so created can be used in any other way than clothing. The garments are made of quasi-real shadow stuff and while their shadowy nature can be noted with true seeing or similar effects, they still obscure the wearer.
    • The crown can use its shadow-stuff to create extraplanar pockets that can only be accessed by the wearer. The wearer can only store items that they can hold in one hand, but may store as many as they desire, so long as their total weight is no more than 1,000lbs. They may retrieve or store any item as a free action.
    • While sheathed in the moonlight of her crown, the wearer is protected from positive energy effects. She can ignore the blinding effect of positive-dominant planes, and does not gain fast healing or additional hit points from such places. Furthermore, spells and effects that channel positive energy (such as cure spells) have no effect on the wearer.
    • This power further grants a +5 resistance bonus to saving throws.
    • Lastly, the moonlight shadow-stuff can illuminate the surrounding area. As a swift action, the wearer can shed light as a torch. This light may also be extinguished as a swift action.
    • +1 bonus to caster level, and +4 effective caster level for determining the difficulty for another character to dispel or counter one of your spells.
    • In addition, the wearer can automatically sense all spellcasting that occurs within 60ft, and can identify the spell with a successful spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level) even if she can't see the casting or effect. In addition, once per day you may affect an identified spell, either choosing to counterspell it as if with dispel magic, or change the target of the spell to any valid target within 60ft.
    • Constant Freedom of Movement effect.
    • The crown gives the wearer preternatural reaction speeds: She may roll twice for initiative checks and take the better result, and further adds a +2 competence bonus to it. In addition, she gains 3 charges that are renewed each day at dawn. Spending 1 or more charges as a swift action grants a single extra action that must be taken immediately.
      {table=head]Charges|Action
      1|Move Action
      2|Standard
      3|Full Round[/table]

Total Cost: 3,293,750 gold.

Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-08-21 at 12:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    @ RoC: you didn't answer last time I asked, can we bypass the prerequisites on templates? If yes, then I'm CG instead of NG.
    RoC already waived the alignment restrictions for classes, so I think that templates should be justifiable, if you can explain it.
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Silphael: Sounds okay. Feel free to go chaotic

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Vael, i've think you've made a lot of people nervous with your ability that is arguably as strong if not stronger than Mindrape (a spell which is banned) and at one point had a DC that only something from the Immortals Handbook could succeed in making.

and 10-round prep time isn't a huge limitation. There are ways around it.
    YES!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

Furious, Mad, Evoker ITP
    Iron Avatarist: One:
    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

21. - Top - End - #21

Xael the Destroyer

Edit: Warning to my team, if you still require food/drink, do not bring it within 20 feet of me. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by doko239; 2012-08-19 at 02:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Unless it's piercing or some such, there are ways to avoid rolling altogether.

For mine..

Tyrian will speak in Bold Dark Orange

Isabella will speak in Italic Dark Green

Contingencies PM'd, will work on cohort spells today, I had GenCon to attend :P
    Bleach d20 Classes

Join us. We are Legion.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Toski Moriarty: Sebastian is now fine.
    Regarding Mindwiping: Let's let the matter rest for now. If it should become an issue in the course of play, actions will be taken (again, reasoned OOC discussions rather than hackneyed IC nerfs).

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Regarding Mindwiping: Let's let the matter rest for now. If it should become an issue in the course of play, actions will be taken (again, reasoned OOC discussions rather than hackneyed IC nerfs).
    Thank you.
    I assure you, if it does prove problematic, I will be the first to volunteer fixes and suggestions for it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

My last comment regarding that comes from paranoia. I've known a few people who are absolute evil-lovers and uh... I don't get along with most them. (I'm not including you in this btw) This is generally more because they aren't very social and don't roleplay well with others, (I know an exception though) even if their writing is top notch. There's also the fact that I don't seem to understand the appeal of enjoying evil and frankly find the idea of loving evil villains as completely horrifying. Sorry for the confusion.

Vael, if it's alright, I'd like you to respond to this please. They don't involve your character's mind control... At least these shouldn't.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Ethaniel Underbough [Character Sheet]
    Race: Halfling
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Class: Fighter (Phalanx Soldier) 20/Guardian Paramount 10//Paladin (Hospitaler) 20/Divine Emissary 10

Cohort: Aya Rosethorn [Character Sheet]
    Race: Halfling
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class: Oracle (Seer) 20/Eternal 9

Spoiler
    Show

Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Life isn't always about doing what you want and the gods rarely take your petty desires into consideration. They want dutiful followers that obey their commands, and if you're lucky they might reward your faithfulness with more burdens."

Beliefs.
    - The Provider and Protector has the best interests of the Hin in her heart.
    - Do what's right, now.
    - Duty above all. Hin first, Clan second, Family third, Self last.

Instincts.
    - Always suspect duplicity.
    - Always fight cautiously.
    - Never disrespect Hin elders.

Traits.
    - Loyal. Ethaniel has dedicated his life to the protection of the Halfling race and his name is known as one that is steadfast and strong of will. All good Halflings know they can call on him for defense and justice and that he will respond as best he's able to.
    - Blessed. Yondalla has marked him as one of her favorite children for his service to her creations. The clergy recognize him as a living saint and revere him as a paragon of Halfling virtue.
    - Wayward. Ethaniel doesn't belong to any official paladin order, being instead allied with the Wayward Wardens. The loose organization of traveling paladins and rangers has no central leadership but are highly respected by the Halfling people and clergy.

Flaws.
    - Bitter. Ethaniel has been doing his best to protect and defend the Hin from the world for dozens of years and he's frustrated that all of his efforts seem merely to maintain the status quo. He's resentful of the other races that look down on Halflings and wants his people to become a great nation, something that is against their nature.
    - Love Denied. Ethaniel has a true love that he is forbidden to marry. Aya Rosethorn is a halfling prophet, prohibited by her order and mystical abilities from marrying. Those of her order live outside of time and the burden prevents them from living normally, requiring constant protection and assistance. Ethaniel earned the right to be her guardian and while she did love him once, as she's grown stronger in abilities she's been losing her personality.

Ethaniel Class Features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Phalanx Soldier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stand Firm (Ex)
    At 2nd level, a phalanx soldier gains a +1 bonus to CMD against bull rush, drag, overrun, and trip attempts. This bonus also applies on saves against trample attacks. The bonus increases by +1 for every four levels beyond 2nd.

Phalanx Fighting (Ex)
    At 3rd level, when a phalanx soldier wields a shield, he can use any polearm or spear of his size as a one-handed weapon.

Ready Pike (Ex)
    At 5th level, a phalanx soldier can, once per day, ready a weapon with the brace property as an immediate action, gaining a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls. For every four levels beyond 5th, this bonus increases by +1, and he can use the ability one additional time per day. He cannot use this ability when flat-footed.

Deft Shield (Ex)
    At 7th level, the armor check penalty from a shield and the attack roll penalty are reduced by Ė1 for a phalanx soldier using a tower shield. At 11th level, these penalties are reduced by Ė2.

Shield Ally (Ex)
    At 17th level, he can provide cover (+4 cover bonus to AC, +2 bonus on Reflex saves) to himself and all adjacent allies until the beginning of his next turn as a move action, or he can provide improved cover (+8 cover bonus to AC, +4 bonus on Reflex saves, improved evasion) to a single adjacent ally.

Irresistible Advance (Ex)
    At 15th level, a phalanx fighter gains a bonus on bull rush and overrun CMB checks. This bonus depends on the type of shield used: +1 with a buckler, +2 with a light shield, +3 with a heavy shield, or +4 with a tower shield.

Shielded Fortress (Ex)
    At 20th level, a phalanx fighterís shield cannot be disarmed or sundered. He gains evasion (as a rogue) when using a shield (improved evasion when using a tower shield). As a move action, a phalanx fighter can provide evasion to all adjacent allies until the beginning of his next turn. As an immediate action, he can provide improved evasion to an adjacent ally against one attack.

Hospitaler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halfling Favored Class
    Add +1/2 hp to the paladinís lay on hands ability (whether using it to heal or harm).

Aura of Good (Ex)
    The power of a paladin's aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.

Detect Evil (Sp)
    At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.

Smite Evil (Su)
    Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Cha bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.

In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.

The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability.

Divine Grace (Su)
    At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all Saving Throws.

Lay On Hands (Su)
    Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can use this ability a number of times equal to 1/2 her paladin level plus her Charisma modifier. With one use of this ability, a paladin can heal 1d6 hit points of damage for every two paladin levels she possesses. Using this ability is a standard action, unless the paladin targets herself, in which case it is a swift action. Despite the name of this ability, a paladin only needs one free hand to use this ability.

Alternatively, a paladin can use this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures, dealing 1d6 points of damage for every two levels the paladin possesses. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Undead do not receive a saving throw against this damage.

Aura of Courage (Su)
    At 3rd level, a paladin is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.

Divine Health (Ex)
    At 3rd level, a paladin is immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases, including mummy rot.

Mercy (Su)
    At 3rd level, and every three levels thereafter, a paladin can select one mercy. Each mercy adds an effect to the paladin's lay on hands ability. Whenever the paladin uses lay on hands to heal damage to one target, the target also receives the additional effects from all of the mercies possessed by the paladin. A mercy can remove a condition caused by a curse, disease, or poison without curing the affliction. Such conditions return after 1 hour unless the mercy actually removes the affliction that causes the condition.

Fatigued: The target is no longer fatigued, Dazed: The target is no longer dazed, Exhausted: The target is no longer exhausted, Poisoned: The paladin's lay on hands ability also acts as neutralize poison, using the paladin's level as the caster level, Paralyzed: The target is no longer paralyzed, Stunned: The target is no longer stunned.

Channel Positive Energy (Su)
    When a hospitaler reaches 4th level, she gains the ability to channel positive energy as a cleric equal to her paladin level Ė3. She can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. Using this ability does not expend uses of lay on hands, as it does with other paladins.

Divine Bond (Sp)
    Upon reaching 5th level, a paladin forms a divine bond with her god. This bond can take one of two forms. Once the form is chosen, it cannot be changed.

The first type of bond allows the paladin to enhance her weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a celestial spirit for 1 minute per paladin level. When called, the spirit causes the weapon to shed light as a torch. At 5th level, this spirit grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every three levels beyond 5th, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at 20th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon bonuses to a maximum of +5, or they can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: axiomatic, brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, flaming burst, holy, keen, merciful, and speed. Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property's cost (see Table: Melee Weapon Special Abilities). These bonuses are added to any properties the weapon already has, but duplicate abilities do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. The bonus and properties granted by the spirit are determined when the spirit is called and cannot be changed until the spirit is called again. The celestial spirit imparts no bonuses if the weapon is held by anyone other than the paladin but resumes giving bonuses if returned to the paladin. These bonuses apply to only one end of a double weapon. A paladin can use this ability once per day at 5th level, and one additional time per day for every four levels beyond 5th, to a total of four times per day at 17th level.

If a weapon bonded with a celestial spirit is destroyed, the paladin loses the use of this ability for 30 days, or until she gains a level, whichever comes first. During this 30-day period, the paladin takes a Ė1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Aura of Resolve (Su)
    At 8th level, a paladin is immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm effects.

This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.

Aura of Healing (Su)
    At 11th level, a hospitaler can expend one use of her channel positive energy ability to emit a 30-foot aura of healing for a number of rounds equal to her paladin level. Allies in this aura (including the hospitaler) automatically stabilize if below 0 hit points and are immune to bleed damage. In addition, allies (including the paladin) that spend at least 1 full round inside the aura are healed an amount of damage equal to their total number of Hit Dice and may make a saving throw against any afflictions they are suffering from, such as a curse, disease, or poison. This saving throw only counts toward curing the affliction and does not impose any penalty on a failed save. Allies can only be healed once by a use of this ability and they can only attempt additional saving throws once per day, even if they are exposed to this aura multiple times.

Aura of Faith (Su)
    At 14th level, a paladin's weapons are treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction. Any attack made against an enemy within 10 feet of her is treated as good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.

Aura of Righteousness (Su)
    At 17th level, a paladin gains DR 5/evil and immunity to compulsion spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against compulsion effects.

Holy Champion (Su)
    At 20th level, a paladin becomes a conduit for the power of her god. Her DR increases to 10/evil. Whenever she uses smite evil and successfully strikes an evil outsider, the outsider is also subject to a banishment, using her paladin level as the caster level (her weapon and holy symbol automatically count as objects that the subject hates). After the banishment effect and the damage from the attack is resolved, the smite immediately ends. In addition, whenever she channels positive energy or uses lay on hands to heal a creature, she heals the maximum possible amount.

Guardian Paramount
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eternal Guardian (Ex):
    At 1st level, a guardian paramount starts to hone the skills required to guard their sacred charges effectively. The guardian paramount gains a bonus equal to his or her class level x 5 on spot, listen, and sense motive checks and gains blindsense out to 10 feet per class level. While the guardian paramount is within 1 mile of at least one sacred ward (see below), he or she does not age, can see invisible and ethereal creatures, and need not eat, drink, sleep, or breathe.

Sacred Ward (Su):
    At 1st level, a guardian paramount gains the ability to bond to a creature or to a location occupying up to a 100-foot cube (this space need not be bounded by walls) by spending one hour in meditation. After meditating in this way, the guardian paramount is bonded to this creature or location, henceforth referred to as the guardianís ward. A creature designated as a ward gains uncanny dodge and evasion and gains improved uncanny dodge and/or improved evasion if you possess said abilities. Furthermore, that creature is bonded to the guardian by a status effect. A location designated as a ward is protected by a forbiddance effect, all structures within it have their hardness doubled, and the entire periphery of the area acts as an alarm effect (silent alarm only). These effects last until the guardian paramount chooses a new ward to replace the old one. At 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards, a guardian paramount may select an additional ward. One area or creature canít be selected multiple times as a ward by a single guardian paramount at the same time.

True Guardian (Su):
    A guardian paramount would be of little use if he or she were incapable of protecting his or her sacred ward from harm. Starting at 2nd level, a guardian paramount can negate any amount of hit point damage that his or her sacred ward (if a creature) or a structure/feature of his or her sacred ward (if a location) would take from a single source once per round as a free action. If the guardian paramount successfully damages the creature who would have dealt this damage within the next round, the guardian paramount adds the amount of damage prevented as a bonus to the damage roll. Otherwise, the guardian paramount takes nonlethal damage equal to the amount of damage prevented at the end of his or her next round. At 7th level and every 5 levels afterwards, this ability may be used an additional time each round (track damage dealt by different creatures separately).

Close At Hand (Su):
    At times, it may be necessary for a guardian paramount to part from one or more sacred wards. Starting at 4th level, however, the guardian paramount is always near when a sacred ward is threatened. While within 1 mile of a sacred ward, a guardian paramount can teleport back to a sacred ward as a standard action. If the ward is a creature, the guardian paramount appears in the nearest open space, interposing him or herself between the ward and harm if at all possible. If the ward is a location, a guardian paramount appears in any square of that location of his or her choice (if the square is occupied, he or she appears in the nearest unoccupied space instead). At 9th level and every 5 levels afterwards, the distance over which a guardian paramount can teleport is multiplied by x 10.

Restore Ward (Su):
    Even if the ward of a guardian paramount should seem to fall, a guardian of at least 5th level may be able to bring them back. As a full-round action, a guardian paramount can bring back a sacred ward. If the ward was a creature, they are restored as if through true resurrection. If the wardís soul was harmed or destroyed by non-epic sources, it is fully restored. Even if the ward is not slain, the guardian paramount may instead elect to teleport the ward to any open square within 30 feet of him, ignoring any non-epic spells or effects that would prevent this transfer, while clearing the ward of all petrification, polymorph effects, diseases, poisons, curses, insanity, ability drain, ability damage, charms, compulsions, and energy drain that the ward may be suffering from.

If the ward was a location, all structures and features that were around when the location was designated as a sacred ward are rebuilt, destroying or displacing new structures as appropriate. Any active spell effects tied to such structures and features whose durations wouldnít have ended by the time this ability is used are restored along with the structure. Structures and features merely transported or teleported immediately return to their original spaces, ignoring any non-epic effect that would prevent this and destroying or displacing new structures as appropriate.

No single ward may be affected more than once by this ability when used by a particular guardian paramount, plus one additional time at 10th level and every 5 levels afterwards.

Divine Emissary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Final Judgment (Ex):
    A divine emissaryís supply of smite evil or smite good usages are measured per encounter instead of per day and divine emissary levels stack with other class level to determine uses of smite per encounter and the extra damage dealt by a smite. When using such a smite, a targetís damage reduction (if any) is reduced by twice the divine emissaryís class level (minimum 0) and the extra damage automatically overcomes regeneration.

Perhaps most impressively, when such a smite attack is used to slay a creature, the divine emissary passes judgement on the targetís soul. He or she learns all of the good deeds and evil deeds that the target has committed and the creature is sent to the divine realm of the divine emissaryís deity (or extraplanar patron) in place of the normal destination for their soul. At the divine emissaryís option, the target of such a smite may be granted an atonement effect (redemption or temptation only) right as the creature dies, guaranteeing the target a pleasurable afterlife if they accept or damning them to eternal torture if they deny. Either way, the target canít be restored to life or reanimated as an undead via non-epic means.

Aura of Divinity (Su):
    Just as a god, a divine emissary carries around an aura that influences the emotions of those within. All creatures within this aura can make a Will save (DC 20 + Class level + Cha mod) to resist this effect and are immune for 24 hours afterwards if they succeed. The divine emissary may change the effect of this Aura as a Swift Action and can grant any number of creatures immunity from this aura for 24 hours as a free action. The radius of this aura is 10 feet at 1st level and is multiplied by x10 at 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards.
    Aura of Awe: Affected beings stare in fascination at or towards the divine emissary, taking no other action but to do so. A divine emissary can give any number of affected creatures a suggestion, as the spell, as a standard action (use the same save DC). Whether the save succeeds or fails, no creature can receive more than one suggestion in this way per 24 hours at 1st level, plus one additional suggestion at 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards. This is a piercing mind-affecting compulsion effect.

Aura of Fear: Affected beings are frightened, fleeing from the divine emissary if possible. Whenever the divine emissary takes an offensive action against one or more affected creature, all such creatures must make another saving throw against the same DC or die of fear. Whether the save succeeds or fails, a creature is only at risk of death in this way once per 24 hours at 1st level, plus one additional chance of death at 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards. This is a piercing mind-affecting fear effect.

Aura of Resolve: Affected allies gain a +4 morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks while affected enemies take a -4 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks. As a standard action, the divine emissary may grant any number of affected allies a move action to be taken immediately or restrict any number of affected enemies to taking only a single move or standard action during their next round. In either case, a Will Save against the same DC negates this effect and a creature can only be affected in this way once per 24 hours at 1st level, plus once at 6th level and every 5 levels afterwards.

Domain (Sp):
    At 2nd level and every 5 levels afterwards, a Divine Emissary may choose a cleric domain. The divine emissary gains that domainís granted power (using his or her class level + 20 as his or her cleric level if necessary) and may use all spells on that domain up to 7th level at will as spell like abilities.

Divine Insight (Su):
    At 4th level, a divine emissary gains the ability to harness the divine power within them to accomplish incredible tasks. Once per encounter, plus an additional time each encounter every 5 levels afterwards, the divine emissary may do one of the following.
    • Treat the result of any roll the divine emissary makes as a natural 20 (automatically hitting a target and threatening a critical hit or succeeding on a saving throw as normal).
    • Negate all damage and secondary effects that would be taken from a single attack, spell, or ability.
    • Take a full round of actions at any time.

True Miracle (Sp):
    At 5th level, a divine emissary can channel true deific energy through them as a full-round action. In effect, this allows a divine emissary to cast an epic spell that they have not researched without needing the epic spellcasting feat or even requiring a spellcraft check. The spell cast, however, canít use mitigating factors or possess a spellcraft DC over his or her class level x 5. Furthermore, the divine emissary takes damage equal to the spellís normal spellcraft DC and this damage canít be lowered, redirected, or prevented in any way (not even through the emissaryís divine insight ability). After using this ability, a divine emissary canít use it again until he or she spends 8 hours in prayer to regain the favor of his or her patron(s). At 10th level and every 5 levels afterwards, the divine emissary can use this ability one additional time between these prayers.

Dawn Caste Exalted
    Spoiler
    Show
    Essence Triumphant (Ex)
    The Unconquered Sun wishes to see his chosen act as champions and exemplars, standing above their mortal brethren, and thus he gifts them with the sunís own prowess. At the beginning of each encounter, you gain a single temporary action point that lasts for the duration of that encounter. At 24th, 27th, and 30th levels, you gain one additional action point each encounter.

Solar Hero Supremacy (Ex)
    Your solar essence flows through every crushing blow you deliver, driving back the forces of darkness. Any weapon you wield (including unarmed strikes and natural weapons) gains the holy special quality, and ignores the damage reduction of evil creatures, except for epic damage reduction and damage reduction that no form of damage overcomes. Evil creatures that have regeneration are damaged normally by your attacks.

Iron Whirlwind (Ex)
    The generals and warriors of the Dawn Caste master the battlefield, their blades striking faster than mortal eyes can see. At 24th level, whenever you make a full attack, you make all attacks at your highest base attack bonus. In addition, as long as you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you take no penalties on attack rolls for attacking with two weapons.

Heavenly Guardian Defense (Ex)
    The Unconquered Sunís champions can ward off any blow. Whenever you are attacked with a melee or ranged attack, you may make an attack roll at your highest base attack bonus as an immediate action. You may use the higher of your AC or the result of your attack roll when determining if that attack hits. You use the same result against all other attacks made against you until the beginning of your next round. You cannot use this ability if you are flatfooted or helpless. In addition, there is no limit to the number of attacks of opportunity you may make each round.

Invincible Fury of the Dawn (Ex)
    Not even the most powerful lords of Hell itself can withstand the onslaught of an enraged Dawn Caste. Any attack you make automatically hits unless you roll a natural one on the attack roll (you still make attack rolls as normal). Only deities and enemies who have an AC greater than twice your character level are unaffected by this ability.

Domains
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cleric level is 30 for domain powers.

Travel (Exploration)

Door Sight (Su): You can lay your hand upon any surface and see what is on the other side, as if using clairvoyance. Using this power takes 1 minute, during which time you must be touching the surface you want to see through. You can keep looking for as long as 10 minutes with each use of this power, but must touch the surface and take no other action the entire time. The surface cannot be thicker than 6 inches plus 1 inch per cleric level you possess. You can use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Dimensional Hop (Sp): At 8th level, you can teleport up to 10 feet per cleric level per day as a move action. This teleportation must be used in 5-foot increments and such movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. You must have line of sight to your destination to use this ability. You can bring other willing creatures with you, but you must expend an equal amount of distance for each creature brought.

Nobility

Inspiring Word (Sp): As a standard action, you can speak an inspiring word to a creature within 30 feet. That creature receives a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1). You can use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Leadership (Ex): At 8th level, you receive Leadership as a bonus feat. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus on your leadership score as long as you uphold the tenets of your deity (or divine concept if you do not venerate a deity).

Advanced Halfling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halfling, Type Humanoid (halfling) 0 RP
    Size Small 0 RP
    Base Speed Slow Ė1 RP
    Languages Standard 0 RP

Ability Score Modifiers Standard (Ė2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha) 0 RP

Racial Traits

Advanced Charisma (4 RP)
    Advanced Dexterity (4 RP)
    Advanced Wisdom (4 RP)

Defense Racial Traits

Fearless 1 RP
    Lucky, Greater (4 RP)

Feat and Skill Racial Traits

Flexible Bonus Feat (4 RP)
    Quick Reactions (2 RP)

Skill bonus (Acrobatics) 2 RP
    Skill bonus (Climb) 2 RP
    Skill bonus (Perception) 2 RP

Offense Racial Traits

Weapon familiarity 1 RP
    Kneecapper (1 RP)

----
    Base 9, Improvements 27: 40/40.

Aya Rosethorn Class Features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oracle (Seer)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural Divination (Ex): You can read the entrails of a freshly killed animal or humanoid to gain an insight bonus equal to your Charisma modifier on one saving throw. Alternatively, by observing and interpreting the flights of birds, you may apply a +10 competence bonus on any one skill check. Finally, by charting marks in dirt or stone, or observing the behavior of sand when thrown into the wind, you gain a +4 insight bonus on one initiative check. These bonuses must be used during the next 24 hours and you must declare you are using the bonus before the check or save is made. Making a natural divination takes 10 minutes. You may use natural divination (in any combination) once per day plus one additional time per day for every four oracle levels you have attained.

Gift of Prophecy (Su): Once per day, you can enter a trance to gain a glimpse of the future. This trance lasts for 1 minute, which must be uninterrupted and during which you can take no other actions. At 3rd level, you gain the benefits of an augury spell with 90% effectiveness. At 5th level, you gain the benefits of a divination spell with 90% effectiveness. At 9th level, the knowledge you gain is equivalent to a commune spell. None of these spell effects require material components. You must take this revelation at 3rd level.

Erase from Time (Su): As a melee touch attack, you can temporarily remove a creature from time altogether. The target creature must make a Fortitude save or vanish completely for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your oracle level (minimum 1 round). No magic or divinations can detect the creature during this time, as it exists outside of time and spaceóin effect, the creature ceases to exist for the duration of this ability. At the end of the duration, the creature reappears unharmed in the space it last occupied (or the nearest possible space, if the original space is now occupied). You can use this ability once per day, plus one additional time per day at 11th level.

Rewind Time (Su): Once per day as an immediate action, you can reroll any one d20 roll that you have just made before the results of the roll are revealed. You must take the result of the reroll, even if itís worse than the original roll. At 11th level, and every four levels thereafter, you can use this ability an additional time per day. You must be at least 7th level to select this revelation.

Temporal Celerity (Su): Whenever you roll for initiative, you can roll twice and take either result. At 7th level, you can always act in the surprise round, but if you fail to notice the ambush, you act last, regardless of your initiative result (you act in the normal order in following rounds). At 11th level, you can roll for initiative three times and take any one of the results.

Time Hop (Su): As a move action, you can teleport up to 10 feet per oracle level that you possess per day. This teleportation must be used in 5-foot increments. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. You must have line of sight to your destination to use this ability. You can bring other willing creatures with you, but you must expend an equal amount of distance for each creature brought. You must be at least 7th level to select this revelation.

Counterspelling
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aya has a number of feats and spells related to counterspelling. Here's a brief overview.

• Can counterspell as a free action any number of times per round (Epic Counterspell feat)
    • Can counterspell while flat-footed (Epic Counterspell feat)
    • Can counterspell with a spell of the same school that is one or more spell levels higher than the target spell (Improved Counterspell feat)
    • Upon successful counterspell, spell returns to caster exactly like spell turning (Parry Spell feat)
    • +5 competence bonus on Spellcraft to identify spell as it is being cast (Battlemagic Perception)
    • Able to sense the use of any spell or spell-like ability within 100ft, line of effect required (Battlemagic Perception)
    • Sense all spellcasting within 60ft, no LoS or LoE required (Ring of Spell-Battle)
    • Once per day redirection target of spell to any target within 60ft as immediate action (Ring of Spell-Battle)
    • Once per day counterspell without Spellcraft check, use any level of spell and with +20 counterspell check (Ring of Greater Counterspells)

Bold Olive for Ethaniel / Bold Navy for Aya
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

This gets long, and other people may not be interested. Hopefully some will find it interesting, but I'm gonna spoiler it so as not to clog the thread. It does contain a fair bit of thoughts on the Queen and what I see her as and why I want to play her specifically though, so Realms and people in my party might find it useful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Parts of this may seem unrelated at first, but I think it paints a coherent picture that gives a more full idea of why I play evil characters and have an interest in them. Before anything else, I want to state that often I work with flavor and mechanics simultaneously, both influencing the other. I may decide my character acts in a certain way because of powers or lacks they have, or I may give my character certain flaws or powers because of what else I have determined of them so far. I find that the process of push and pull, of twining them together in such a way and limiting myself by certain solid, predetermined points allows me to make a character better. When handed a blank slate, it can be hard to get started- but if you have some limitations or presuppositions in mind, it gets easier, and often I find I can make more elaborate things.

Now onto the rest of my ramble.

I'm sort of an armchair philosopher- not trained, and not nearly as well read as I'd like to be, but I think about philosophy and ethics a lot all the same. What I tend to love about villains is that villainy, to me, is a clear problem to tackle when making a character- the problem being 'How do they justify what they do?' or 'What compels them to act in such a way?' They tend to do things and consider things that most people would instinctively not like, and so the driving question of why helps make a compelling and well thought out character- one who has a fascinating way of interacting with and perceiving the world. Often I title a character evil when another person might look at them from the outside and consider them neutral or even good. Much of why I will consider certain characters evil is because of why they do things, not what things they do.

One of the things that really got me thinking about evil characters was the concept of enlightened self-interest, which really struck home the idea that someone could be entirely self centered and greedy, while helping others and conforming to the laws of society and honestly appearing to be a good person.

I'm also incredibly fond of tricks, mysteries, and secrets. When I run a game, there are generally twists and secrets around every corner, various little things I've squirreled away to surprise my players with. I get a lot of glee out of hiding things in plain view- but honestly, when you're a player, such things tend to be more the province of the antagonist and the villain more than the hero. The brave knight values honesty and fairness, while the villain plots secretly and always has an escape plan. It doesn't have to be this way, but the fact that it tends to be that way and the fact that villains honestly have more options for it does help my interest in them. Successfully pulling something off like that has a certain thrill to it, and is a class of intellectual entertainment along the lines of strategy and puzzle games.

These are the kinds of reasons I always consider an evil character an option, and why my mind is open to them- it's not always why I play them, but it is the kind of thing that got me started, and some of the major things that keep me going. I don't always (or most of the time) empathize with them or take joy in all the things they do, but I find them to be a challenge, and fascinating to watch how they work. For example, I really liked the Joker as portrayed in The Dark Knight. He was crazy and wild, the way he thought was completely different- and the things he managed to do were the product of his devious, insane mind. I didn't agree with the way he thought, didn't want him to win- but I appreciated the role he played, the terrifying figure he was, and even the coherence of his admittedly horrible world view. (Maybe coherence isn't entirely the right word to use for the Joker, but I can't think of anything better).

Now, for the Harvest Queen in particular, I think my reasoning for playing her as evil really stems from my passion, mythology. When I conceived of her, she seemed unmistakably fey, one of the wild and dangerous spirits that haunted the nightmares of men long ago. Her ties to shadows and chthonic (for at this point I had decided I wanted to use a number of invocations related to the earth and the dead, and also had given her the shadowmaster feat) seemed to enforce a darker nature, and I thought of her as an unseelie, which hinted at a more malicious nature, which began to influence the other things I chose (such as the epic destiny that has been discussed here).

But secondly, and this ties into my love of philosophy, I like persuasive arguments, and social characters. I like long discussions of 'why' and 'what should be' and 'what is,' I like learning new views, expanding my own, and changing and expanding the views of others.

You mentioned earlier that I am a dominating person, and that is probably true. I strive and want to respect other people and their opinions, to be polite and and allow others a chance to shine, but even if I do that, and even if I want to do that, doesn't mean I don't also like to win, and to be in control. And I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting such things, really- there are problems that might arise, but there are benefits too, just as with everything else. Admittedly, I might go a little overboard in character optimization at times, but that is but a small flaw in the grand scheme of things.

But in combining like to win, be in control, and changing the minds of others... that's why I want to play the Queen as evil. I tend to think the default position of people is 'good' or at least trying to be- so if I want to enjoy taking control, in changing someone's mind and winning such an argument, my character has to have a different point of view, a different value with which to change others too. So... evil- not so much because I like evil itself, as because it allows me to take the opposite side of the board. You can't play chess if both players are on the same side, after all.

This is why I made the Queen highly charismatic and social, why I relish the opportunity to have her convince and try to persuade people with or without use of her crazy Epic Destiny power. To have her actually sway someone over to her side completely (particularly a PC) would be something I'd find very entertaining, and entertainment is of course what I'm signing up for. Of course, I also recognize that other people may have different ideas, which is why I have tried to make very clear that I don't intend to target PCs with the ability in particular (as it would force my preferences on them, which would be quite disrespectful- I will be more free with simple IC arguments, though clearly I don't want to get annoying and preachy ). If I do use the ability on PCs, I will not do it without discussing it and the results with them first, and reaching an agreement that they foremost are happy with. I say this because at least one person has told me that they wouldn't mind me using it on them under such circumstances, so you know, not going to write it out entirely.

Anyway, I think this explains a lot of my thoughts and interests, and hopefully is a suitable response to your post and if it doesn't- well, too bad, I've written enough and I need to go eat dinner.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-08-19 at 04:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Well if we are claiming colors then i shall post in.........Italicized Dim Gray to fit my ture neutral alignment.

Oh yeah RoC are we doing dice rolls in the IC or the OOC?
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-08-19 at 04:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

@Metroid33, Generally speaking rolls are done in the IC in Spoiler tags.

@Vael, thank you for that insight into both your thought process and that of the Harvest Queen. I believe I have a newfound respect for you. By the way, I agree with you entirely. As a DM, one of the things I enjoy doing the most is creating plot twists and hooks, little things that can surprise, shock, astound, or catch my players off guard. I can completely agree with your reasoning for playing an Evil character and now look forward to playing with the Harvest Queen even more. Still, Daniel will at times disagree with your tactics, and at some point near the end of this, like he's going to do with Sedbastian, Daniel may try to make you pay for what you've done in the past. At the same time, he will be trying to work you over to his own point of view, given that he would prefer not to kill anyone, especially once he's gotten to know them. I think that this might work out after all.

The Inner Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid/Ranger (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12

Age of Worms

Kingmaker
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Ok Hpboy and Vael he's telling the truth he's DMed some games i've been in. (though he hash't DMed many.)