Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    "7 o'clock? It's a date.", Adam says coolly before paying the bill and standing from his seat. He walks out with her and before parting at the exit leaves her with a casual, "See ya tonight."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Right then, it was off to the industrial zone. Probably a terrible idea, but the Skins had helped pick up Karasu, according to Big Jimmy. Actually, probably a really, really, really terrible idea. Dammit.

Hajime took off for the train station, running full tilt. He could come back and find that lady, and the hot dog stand guy, and the cop later. Figure out what on earth was going on with his brain. Maybe that hobo guy, too. But, first things first. He could ask all kinds of questions when his brother was safe.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: It happens when my players stand the risk of dying before they even finish their opening subplot.

After Gary finishes up in the gym, he heads to his next class, finding Danielle standing outside, glaring at him.

“How exactly did you know Jack was cheating on me?”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    There’s no one there.

The paper is tightly folded up.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The summon makes no comment and slithers up the wall.

As Crypt hops onto the roof, he catches a glimpse of his attacker: A thin man in a light suit with a pink tie, hair meticulously combed back, and a giant pistol in one hand.

Oh, and he’s crying tears of blood.

The man pauses, and aims. The brickwork beside Crypt explodes into a vapor of red dust.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She smiles. “Yeah, seeya!”

The day passes as normal for Adam, and he gets a text from Veronica during one of his classes.

Sorry I was so ditzy at lunch, you just make me really nervous >.<

Things continue on as normal, and he goes out to meet her at the bus stop at 7.

And… She isn’t there. 15 minutes pass, and she still doesn’t show up. As Adam waits anxiously, a loud CRACK splits the evening air, and the plastic partition on the bus stop suddenly breaks and warps.

Spinning around, he sees 7 tough looking thugs with guns coming from the alleys northward, blocking his retreat back to the school.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The metro deposits Hajime in an empty train stop. As he walks around, he finds no one. The workers of zone 4 are no where to be found.

There are multiple large foundries surrounding the metro stop. One however echoes with the sound of moving machinery, and a low orange glow emanates from the windows.

4. - Top - End - #184

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "He was WHAT? I'm so so sorry for you. All I knew was he was flirting and that was second or third hand information. I knew as much as anyone else.
    Who was he cheating with?"

Gary arranges his face into a sympathetic look, stepping forward towards her
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-09-23 at 09:36 PM.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

5. - Top - End - #185

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bluff Check, Necron
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-23 at 09:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186

Zombie

(1d20+9)[15]

Space

EDIT: I am really glad I have +9 Bluff. I doubt a 6 would be enough to beat her Sense Motive
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-09-23 at 09:49 PM.

Sorry everyone

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    John unfolds the paper, wondering what's inside it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam clumsily stumbles backwards away from the thugs, almost frozen with fear. "Wh-what's going on...?", he manages to mutter. "Who are you guys? Wh-what do you want...?

9. - Top - End - #189

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    She stares at Gary, shock written across her face. “H-How come no one… Told me? I-I mean… Why would he…”

She buries her face in her hands, her shoulders bobbing and shaking.

“Jenny… He was seeing Jenny…” She says, muffled by her hands.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    In neat handwriting:

Look to the West.

If he does so, he sees Benning’s Tower poking through a gap between buildings.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

The thugs don’t respond. They all have hollow eyes and are staring oddly, their chests heaving. Some cry tears of blood. Another few shots ring out, one hitting Adam in the shoulder.

Roll toughness.

As he cries out in pain, a voice calls out behind him.

Over here, follow me!”

10. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Tch," Crypt mutters before getting the hell out of there, if the shadow told him to run, it was likely beyond his skill level. He keeps a hold of the shotgun, it made a good weapon, even if it was meant for ranged combat. His adrenaline fueled rage subsides and his breathing becomes heavy as he takes a short rest on a roof, "he following us?" he asks the shadow.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-24 at 12:43 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

11. - Top - End - #191

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, he was here, now what? The guys that worked in this area might be able to help him, but otherwise, he didn't know where to start looking. So, with that in mind, he headed off towards the factories, with a dim hope that someone would underestimate him, and try to mug him. Then perhaps he could get some answers.

12. - Top - End - #192

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary steps forward, taking her into his arms as she cries "There there. It's ok. I didn't know eh was cheating just that he was flirty and I did tell you remember? This morning.
    It's ok just, let it out. He was a jerk, a cheating jerk who didn't deserve someone like you.''

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

okayyyyyy. You know what? screw it. John says as he makes his way to Benning’s Tower.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness: (1d20+4)[8]

"Ahh! What's happening?!" Adam clutches at his shoulder and spins around in panic. Feeling more out of his wits than ever before, he wildly runs towards the voice, and away from the guns.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-09-24 at 07:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    “…Following? … As…. I understand your question…. No… There is… too much strain… on his body… to continue this chase… For now.”

It travels in idle circles around Crypt. “But… does that mean… he has given up? … No… He will hunt you… until you are dead… or his body no longer functions… This… is the curse of your… enemy… The effects are… easily seen… the blood in his eyes…”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime enters the only working building, walking through the large double doors into the warehouse, finding it to be empty.

Blast furnaces filled with molten metal line the wall on the right, scaffolding connecting various walkways, chains hanging from the ceiling. Across the large room is another large double door, the entrance to the next section of the foundry

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    She sobs into her hands for a while. “Am… Am I really so off-putting? I th-thought people liked me!”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    After a half hour, John walks into the lobby of Benning’s tower.

It’s empty. No one is sitting at the reception desk, there’s no security.

Across the room, there’s a door marked AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The bullet wound disorients Adam, and he falls down, stunned. You can use extra effort or risk further gunshots.

The voice calls out in the distance, “Hurry! This way!
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-24 at 09:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Zombie

"People do like you. They do just, no-one is perfect and to achieve perfection is impossible. You have your less attractive features as well as your more attractive features. You simply need to attract attention to your better features and try to minimize your worse traits. Mabe lose the Ice-queen act just a little.
    Here I'll tell you what. Come with me tonight, to go to the Flamers concert, have a good time and prove that it was His fault, not yours.
    Remember, he is the jerk you're the victim. So hit back, screw him and let your hair down."

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #197

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. Yeah. Empty factory. Great for horror movies, epic fight scenes, and everything that generally ended up hurting. If the movies made it seem spooky, it was way creepier in real life. Mostly in that it didn't make any sense. There should be someone around. Instinctively, Haj began stepping lightly, sticking to the shadows, and shading his eyes against the glowing metal to keep his darkvision intact. While his mentor at the dojo may not have taught him a lot about being sneaky, he did have plenty of experience at sneaking out of the house. He used all of it now to make sure he was going to get the jump on anyone, rather then the other way around.

{Stealth roll:(1d20+8)[22]}

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John walks up to the door marked AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY and knocks on it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Can't I use a hero point to remove the stunned condtition?

20. - Top - End - #200

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: You could, but I'm stingy with hero points, so I wouldn't recommend it. Up to you though.

21. - Top - End - #201

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt nods, "I figured as much," he says, "what did this to them," he mutters. Then shakes his head, "you can stick around if you want, but I think I won't need your aid for now. I'll try to not call you unless I have to."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

She sniffles. “… I guess that would be nice. The concert starts at 7:30, right? How about you pick me up at my dorm later and we can go together.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime creeps through the shadows, hugging close to the walls on the side opposite the blast furnaces.

Tip toeing through the dim light, he manages to avoid running straight into a thug, shaved bald, hiding behind a crate, unaware that Hajime is standing right over him.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The door swings open, the locks scattered in pieces on the floor opposite. A hall way stretches out, and through the windows you can see the security room, banks of monitors lining one wall, projecting video feeds from all over the building.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The summon stares for a moment. “If… you wish to know… find… the Mindwalker… He will tell you…”

It sinks into the ground, melting away into the surrounding shadows until it disappears.

It would probably be best if Crypt returns home.

23. - Top - End - #203

Once the shadow is gone, Crypt opens the shotgun and removes any shells in it, he would be using it as a melee weapon, most likely, not a ranged one. Once that's done, he slips it into his pack as best he can and heads for home. He really hoped no one else would track him down.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Zombie

Gary smiles warmly "See, things are looking up already. Would he have taken you the Flamers concert?
    I'll pick you up in your dorm in time for the concert, just be ready."

Gary lets her leave, smirking to himself at another plan successfully completed.
    He didn't feel bad about breaking them up, the guy was cheating without any intervention by himself all Gary did was arrange a couple more dominos and send in course the events that were inevitable so that they fell right into the "Advantage: Garry" pile.

Hefting his bag he walks off in the other direction, a stray thought of visiting his sisters coming to the fore as he makes a snap decision.
    It would be almost hometime anyway at their school.

Sorry everyone

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: So what can I use extra effort for?
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John tries the door to the security room.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, then. Moment of truth. If he could convince this thug to spill on his gang, he might be getting somewhere. Didn't hurt to be a little cautious, though, so he carefully looked to make sure this dude didn't have friends.** Not seeing anyone, he stepped out of the shadows and kicked the thugs knees out while throwing him roughly to the ground. It was a familiar, easy, and reliable movement for Haj.*
    {Trip check: (1d20+5)[23]

*{If he goes down.}
    Standing over the bald flunky, Hajime doesn't bother repressing a snarl of disgust.
    "I'm looking for a kid, taken from the Ninamori shop. You and I should both hope you know where I can find him."
    {intimidate: (1d20+1)[5]

**{If he sees someone else.}
    Seeing as there are others in the room, and wanting to even the odds a bit, Hajime simply steps up and attempts to strike the pressure point on the thug's shaven temple.
    {Attack: (1d20+4)[23], +1 damage}

28. - Top - End - #208

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Crypt returns to his home. His mom quietly sits alone in the kitchen, his father nowhere to be found.

He walks into his bedroom, and finds a message scrawled across the wall with a suspiciously red substance:

Your time is up

Necron:

Gary hops on a bus, taking him across the city to the Boyd’s town suburb where his family lives. He finds Dana and Darian playing tag with some friends on the front lawn, and the twins yell with delight when they see their brother.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Weeeellll…

You can get a check bonus of +2, increase your carrying capacity +5 for one round, double your speed for one round, temporarily add a power feat, willpower (which is for will saves against mind control), and surge, which grants you an extra move action. I generally put actions such as shrugging off a stun as a surge. You’ll be fatigued afterwards though, but you won’t be stunned.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, the door swings open easily. As John scans the moniters, he sees Verda talking animatedly to someone sitting in the shadows in a conference room.

They’re on the 50th floor.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime doesn’t see any other thugs, so this one must have been a lookout. He goes down like a sack of bricks.

Under the dim light, Hajime can see the man is oddly ill. His eyes are hollow, his breathing fast and shallow, and ever so slowly blood is starting to leak from the corners of his eyes. He just growls at Haj and thrashes at him.

Grapple check, DC 19

29. - Top - End - #209

Crypt freezes, they've been to his house, into his room... he runs downstairs to check on his mother, she was quiet, which wasn't unusual, but that could be a far more ominous sign if the substance on his wall was what he thought it was. He tries to remain calm as he goes down, not wanting to panic her if his thoughts were unfounded.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Zombie

"I'm feeling a distinct lack of hugs here..." Gary smiles, opening his arms for his sisters "So these are your friends? Anyone I should know about?"

Sorry everyone