Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam sat down at the table with a smile. "Hey, glad you made it. Have you been here before? I hear good things about this place."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Clay stares at John for a few moments, sizing him up. “Perhaps. For now, you’re free to go.”

He rises, closes the folder, and picks up his coffee. “But you’ve been placed on inactive duty until the investigation is closed. So leave your gear behind.”

EdroGrimshell:
    Spoiler
    Show

The thugs snarl, muttering the same word over and over, “Enemy”.

Three dash forward to attack Crypt! He dodges around one, but the other two land hard blows.

Make a toughness save.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

Veronica primly walks up and smiles. “I haven’t, but I’ve also heard good things. Shall we go in?” She folds her arm through Adam’s elbow, leading him in. The nervous girl from yesterday is suddenly much more confident.

“Table for two.” She says, gesturing towards a riverside table. The waitress leads you over and leaves you sitting across from one another.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness 1: (1d20+6)[11]
    Toughness 2: (1d20+6)[24]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam noticed the slight change in demeanor, "Looks like you got over your first day nerves alright." He chuckled, "Confidence looks good on you."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

"I'd love to, Marcus. And I don't plan on doing anything stupid. Yet. But I have to help Karasu, and even if its just getting an idea of where to look... Hajime paused, trying to make sense of what he was trying to say. "The cops have their hands tied as it is, with things going so crazy. I can't just sit back and hope that they find him. Can't leave my bro hanging like that."
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #126

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The first thug’s punch glances off of Crypt’s chest, rattling him, but not bringing him down. The second thug however lands a punch square to his jaw, stunning him.

Crypt is stunned and bruised (-1 to nonlethal toughness saves). Unless you decide to use extra effort to dispel the effects of the stun, you’ve lost the turn.

The last two thugs rush Crypt from behind!

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica smiles demurely. “It’s a brand new day. Carpe diem and so on.”

“I’ll have the vegetarian Panini and water.” She mentions to the waitress passing by.

“So, Adam, tell me about yourself. What does the knight in shining armor who helps poor maidens to their classes do on his off time?”

Bladesmith:

Marcus blanches. “… I… I’m not going to let you go out there to get killed. Think about it man, these people are killers!”

He sighs. “… Listen, if you shake down Big Jimmy when he’s alone, he’ll collapse like a house of cards. He’s always hanging out at that 7-11 by the school, so start there. Just tell the police whatever you find, don’t go off and be a hero!” He

7. - Top - End - #127

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea, extra effort. Add in a Hero Point to negate the Fatigue since I need all the help I can get here.

Crypt taps into an inner reserve and shakes off the stunning blow before whirling and sending a kick at the attacker and dashing past him in an attempt to keep them from surrounding him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d20+1)[7]
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-15 at 09:34 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, all of it is in my locker. Goodbye inspector. John says, getting up and leaving the room.

ooc: eer, what now? Common sense indicates that I should go home, get a drink and forget this ever happened. Now, since I am a PC, I shall not listen to common sense. Problem is I do not know WHERE to start.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam smirked at the question. "Heh, this and that. Waste time on the internet, watch TV, homework. Nothing too fascinating, I'm afraid. I'm much more interested in hearing about you anyway. What exactly do you do when not falling on top of", he punctuated this with air quotes, "'knights'?"

10. - Top - End - #130

GreataxeFighterGuy

"You know me better then that, dude. I'm not looking to get killed. Just help out. I'll be careful. And... Thanks. For helping me."

Haj patted Marcus on the shoulder, then went back inside. Finding where they were keeping Karasu was the first priority. Everything else would be worried about in due time. Slipping through the house, he grabbed his favorite hooded sweatshirt and slid out the door without a sound. Gramps thought he needed a sword, but with any luck he wouldn't need weapons. Just a little smarts.

Which, he pointed out to himself, he wasn't terribly high on. Ah well. Do the best ya can with what ya got.

11. - Top - End - #131

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Theo smirks. “I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Don’t worry, no one will be harmed.”

Wendy shrugs and breaks off from the trio, heading to her own class. “Maybe Neil wants to earn brownie points with your mom? I dunno. Catch you guys later!”

Theo waves back at her quietly.
    "See you Wendy, have fun ordering around plastic and metal to make pretty images from blinking dots. I shall miss your radiant presence in my otherwise dreary existence." Gary dramatizes as she walks off.
    "It's not the fact that no-one will be harmed, but more the fact you can somehow turn "Go tell this to Jenny" into "perform a legally and probably ethically dubious act involving a homeless man, an outdated weapon and an explosive." that I am worried about..."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #132

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt’s attack fails to hit, but he manages to evade them long enough he can dodge around them. The other two charge after him, one managing to land a hit.

Toughness agaiinnn.

OOC: You’re calculating your attack damage wrong. You don’t roll a d20, you just take 15 and add whatever your damage modifier is. Just FYI.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    I have provided you with a hint. Where you go from there is up to you.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

She smirks. “Well, as you know I study philosophy. I also volunteer at the hospital spending time in the Ontology ward, and I enjoy soccer when I find the time.”

She takes a sip of water. “Oh, and I work for a little non-profit firm that supplies water to third world countries.” She studies her nails. “But I’ve been thinking of quitting.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Hajime makes his way to school, he cuts through an alley. Suddenly, an old hobo jumps out from behind a dumpster.

Howdy kiddo!” he says, clapping Hajime on the shoulder. “Aren’t you a strapping young lad! Big n’ tough, eh?”

He smells like he spent a long night nursing a few bottles of jack and hasn’t had a shower since a time immemorial. He slings an arm over Hajime’s shoulders and starts walking him slowly to the other end of the alley. For some reason, Hajime feels like he can’t move or speak under his own power. Nausea, maybe?

I’ve met plenty of young strappin’ fellers like you, boy, had to, what with the war and all comin’. Thar’ll be lightnin’ in the sky and thunder rattlin’ the windows! Boy, you’d be great, get you sum real dadgum stuff to throw around, no namby pamby teh-leh-kin-esis for you, no sir!

He looks at Hajime seriously, poking a finger into his forehead. “Best be sure you’re on the right side, kiddo. This gonna be the war to end all wars, da piece de resistance!” He smoothly slides around to Hajime’s front, clapping him on the shoulders one last time. The look in his eyes is fierce… and utterly insane. “You gonna be good kid. Ya gotta be, for Karasu’s sake. Arright, I’m headin’ out! Don’t die!

He breezes around Hajime, leaving the teenager just standing there.

Necron:

Theo rolls his eyes. “Ever with the theatrics.”

He splits off to go to his own class, pausing only to shoot one last comment over his shoulder. “I think you’re just annoyed to find you’re not the only master planner around here. Don’t worry, I’ll show you. Everything works out for your benefit, Gary. At least, today it does.”

He leaves to go to class.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-16 at 09:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John walks out of the station breathing freshish air.

He goes to the location of last night's arson and asks around for the current domicile of the Gordon family from the neighbors.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

14. - Top - End - #134

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness: (1d20+6)[10]
    Yea, I'm actually used to my method, where Defense and Damage are rolled rather than a fixed number, it's just the way I GMed my games.

And my luck absolutely SUCKS
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-16 at 01:06 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "What the #^@*?"

Haj stood in the alley for a minute, just looking around. It would be easy to just dismiss the whole thing as crazy hobo talk, if it weren't for him mentioning Karasu. How did he know about that? Or was it just a hallucination? He figured he was a pretty stable guy, but maybe yesterday had driven him crazy. Hajime would've thought going off the deep end would be a longer process, but perhaps that's just the way it was.
    Either way, he couldn't afford to be distracted right now. Back on track, he shook his head to clear it, and continued over to the 7-11.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wow, sounds like you've really got your life going in the right direction. So why don't you want to work there anymore?"

17. - Top - End - #137

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

John is directed to the current home of the Gordons, where he finds the elderly couple staying. The boy is gone, and his parents are both working.

Mr. Gordon sr. comes to the door. “Yes? Who is it?”

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt is hit square in the back, landing roughly on his chest, the wind knocked out of him!

He has been bruised and stunned again.

The other three thugs menacingly surround him again.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Hajime looks around, the hobo has seemingly disappeared. Perhaps it was a hallucination.

He continues onward, easily finding the 7-11. Big Jimmy, a large brute of a boy not known for intelligence dully leans against the wall, possibly waiting for his gang to show up.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica runs her finger along the edge of her glass. “Well… They don’t accomplish much. If there’s going to be a change in this world, it would need to be big. They aren’t big. They’re small. Small and ineffectual.” She finishes with a slight scowl.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam smiles nervously, taken back just a bit by Veronica's sudden cutting tone. "Hm, an interesting point of view. What sort of 'big changes' do you think the world needs then?"

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show
    Barely ignoring the hit, Crypt decides to take his chances and jumps around the one blocking his way, using the wall as a springboard, this'd be his only shot. If he makes it he takes off, otherwise, he tries to summon the shadow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Extra Effort to ignore the stun, but now fatigued

Acrobatics: (1d20+7)[18]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Zombie

Gary walks to his class, eyes open and ever-moving tracking who is with who, yelling at who, etc.
    "Everything always works out in my favour, whether it wants to or not."

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #141

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey. Jimmy."
    Haj made his way across the street after checking that no one else was around. He'd put up his hood, and kept his hands in the pockets of his loose-fitting jeans. He'd rather not have Big Jimmy recognizing him all at once, just yet.
    "Got a question for you."

22. - Top - End - #142

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    She flips her hair over her shoulder. “Peace. An end to suffering. Not the same old half-hearted attempts at utopia that people so desperately wish for.”

The cold edge in her eyes suddenly disappears, and she seems to deflate a little. “I just want people to stop hurting. If something can be done, it should be done, right?” She looks at Adam with wide eyes full of hopefulness.

EdroGrimshell:
    Spoiler
    Show

Crypt pushes off the ground and darts around one thug, stepping off the wall to clear the rest. They lunge to catch him, and one catches his foot, but can’t hold on.

However, this does knock Crypt off balance. He goes careening over the edge of the roof, landing on the fire escape with a clang.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary goes through a relatively normal day, boring classes and idiotic classmates, until he reaches the one class he shares with Danielle, the object of his affections.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Big Jimmy grunts and swivels to look at Hajime. “What? Who’re you?”

23. - Top - End - #143

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Simple question, Jimmy. Who pulled the job on the Ninamori shop? Give me an answer, and I'll be your friend."
    Hajime paused, reminding himself of what was at stake.
    "Lie to me, dude, and I'll be your worst friggin' nightmare."

{OOC: Made up his mother's maiden name, since they seemed more like the Japanese side of the family. Also, Intimidate check, in case I need it.
    (1d20+1)[9]

24. - Top - End - #144

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary sits next to his current prey. smiling genially at her
    "Hi Danielle, how are things?" he asks
    "I mean, I heard you and whats-his-name, Derek? Steven? Anyway that you are having a tough time, I hope you guys get through it, He seems good for you. You've loosened up a bit ever since he came into our life, lost a little bit of that Ice-Queen thing you have going on."

Sorry everyone

25. - Top - End - #145

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron, roll a charisma check.

26. - Top - End - #146

Zombie

(1d20+2)[18]
    Add 5 if I can use my Diplomacy mod

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for disturbing you sir, but I was of the officers who responded to the arson at your house. I have a few questions about the people who took your son, can you think of any motivation whatsoever for these people to take your son?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Congrats, your low intimidate check crushed his pathetic will save.

Jimmy gulps nervously. “Listen… I don’t want any trouble, ok? What happened at the shop… the fire… It didn’t come down the normal grapevine, you know?”

He looks around nervously. “There’s always a bigger dog, someone higher on the food chain. Every two-bit gang knows that. But what happened there… What I heard is that skins and gatos were behind it. That never happens man, they hate each other. What’s weirder is that Verda let it happen. She would kill anybody in her gang if they hung out with a skin. And Verda… she’s been acting weird too, man. Grabbed my boys and I and had us go after this punk kid named Walker… No reason for it…”

He backs up a little. “Lissen, that’s all I know!”

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Amazingly, she doesn’t slap the twinkle out of his eyes.

She coolly turns to stare at Gary. “I wasn’t aware Jack and I were having any difficulties… I’m sorry; I can’t seem to recall your name. Gilligan, perhaps?” She raises an eyebrow.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Gordon let’s John in. “It’s… no problem, though I’ve already given my statement to the police. It just seemed to be a random act of violence… except for a couple of things.”

He sits down in the living room heavily. “They all looked… ill. Like they hadn’t had a decent meal in weeks. Pale skin, sweaty, limp hair, eyes all wide, but didn’t really seem to be looking anywhere. And they were all muttering stuff… None of it made any sense. Just something about some guy being special, leaving a parting gift, and how it would all burn.”

He sighs. “Obviously, the last part would refer to my shop. The other odd thing is that it wasn’t a single gang, no sir. It was the gatos and the skins, bitter enemies in this part of town. The skins don’t really have a leader in this part of town, they’re trying to muscle in, but the gatos are established, led by this girl named Verda, for her hair. It’s dyed green you see. But they do not mix at all and the fact that they do… means that someone else is muscling in on the leadership.”

He thoughtfully strokes his mustache. “Or Verda and the gatos and the skins have all just lost their minds overnight.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-16 at 10:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "It's Gary, and sorry I must have been misinformed. You know how college grapevines are. I heard from a girl named Grace that he was flirting with her? Or was it her sister he was flirting with..."
    Gary places the seeds of doubt as he leans back
    "Just remember, Ice-queens don't last long in college and having a Boyfriend agrees with you. I hope you two are together for a long time."

Gary stands up and moves seats to sit next to Wendy, letting Danielle stew as the seeds take root.
    "Phase one complete, now things will go either way. Either she takes my words onboard and starts loving Jack more, forgiving his transgression that is about to become Very public while loosening up. Blaming herself.
    OR she will dump him and be both vulnerable and considering getting a new boyfriend."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-09-16 at 10:41 PM.

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #150

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime allowed himself a smile under his hood. Marcus was right. This guy rolled over easy.
    "Good job, Jimmy. You've made a friend. Are you sure you can't tell me where to find Verda, though?"

{OOC: Sense Motive, in case he tries to lie. (1d20+2)[8]}
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-09-16 at 11:01 PM.