Spoiler
    Show

roll, sorry botched the coding

(1d20+4)[10]

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

John lands in a heap at the feet of the woman, who glances up in annoyance at the mechanical bird.

I’m sorry, I just don’t know what went wrong!” chirps the bird.

The woman sighs deeply, covering her face with one hand.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Let’s keep this a little less historical: High school friends would work better.

Wendy is silent on the other end, stung. “I was scared.” She says flatly.

Theo suddenly snaps to normal, looking at Gary with horror. “Wh-what did you do to me?!” He says, backing away.

Wendy picks this up. "Gary? What's going on?"

3. - Top - End - #273

Zombie

OOC: Sure. Works for me.

"Nothing just, get here soon. I doubt I'm in a good enough shape to sustain a fight after what Jack did to me.
    Though I will be coming into quite a windfall because of it. He won't need any money if he is in jail right?
    I'm going to hang up now and deal with our 'Friend' Theo. Bye."

Turning to Theo Gary smirks "I made you my minion for just long enough to get free and use up all your bribe money. Oh and it looks like the cops are too busy arrestin that thug Jack to come and help you from the evil MindController. Now then... Give me 1 good reason not to order one of these people to give me their money and use it to bribe the guards for a Living Hell night.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John slowly gets up to his feet. Brushing off the dirt from his jacket, he say's What the hell is all this? in a very confused tone.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj almost missed that part. It took a second for his brain to make sense of what his eyes were seeing. Then again, his day had been a lot weirder. Still, the kid looked like a geek, and not really a bad sort. He was just there, minding his own business, doing his thing. Which was making shapes with light. A little extrapolation might mean that he could also blast or blind Haj with that light if it really did come down to a fight. So, as Hajime made his way across the courtyard, he deftly swiped a pair of sunglasses, for the sake of disguise and avoiding having his eyeballs burned out. Then he snuck up on the kid. Wouldn't be all that hard. The hard part would be appearing non-threatening. Still, he tried to make his voice so as he reached the base of the statue.

"Marvin, right?"

{OOC: Sleight of Hand:(1d0+4)[5] , Stealth: (1d20+8)[21] +silence.}
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Rats! I'll just whip up another one and have it attack one of the non-stunned guys then.

Adam scowls. "Great, idiots with half a brain. Eh, no matter, let's see how they like this!" With that, the dragon quickly dissipates, replaced by rapidly built minigun turret, it's barrel spinning wildly as it lets loose shell after shell into another thug.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

7. - Top - End - #277

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Theo backs away in horror. “You’re forgetting something, freak.”

He bolts, pushing through a crowd.

Apparently, you forgot he could just run away.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Are you an officer, or a coward?” The woman drops her hand from her face and gives John a fierce look, holding out an arm for the eagle that dropped him to land one while the other circles overhead, slowly spiraling outwards as it surveys the city below. On her arm, the eagle acts more like a pet than a predator, settling down, tilting its head to the side and following her line of sight to stare at John. With two quick steps, she comes face-to-face with him.

This is not a game, child. You were chosen because of the virtues that I saw, because of the difference you have the power to make. You were not chosen to run away. If you want it or not, you are now a soldier in the greater scheme of the world, and if you choose not to accept this fate, you are letting evil overtake your planet, your people, and your home. No more running, no more hiding, no more cowardice. Fight for your world,” she grins widely at this part, “or I will be the least of your worries.” She pokes her index and middle finger of her free hand to his forehead.

Images of crumbling cities littered with bodies, blood oozing from them, some decapitated or missing limbs, fill John’s mind. Smoke billows from piles of rubble, the sky is tinted grey and yellow, screams of horror and pain fill the air. The ground is washed in the lifeblood of the innocents.

When the image clears, the woman has stepped away and turned her back to John, running her free hand across the mechanical eagle’s back. “Go, now. Stay too long and the enemy shall find you.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The sparks sizzle to a stop, and the younger boy stares condescendingly out of the corner of his eye.

Melvin. My name is Melvin.”

He’s pretty skinny, dark brown hair falling in curls around his head, thick glasses. He’s wearing a uniform for a private school Hajime barely recognizes.

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

One of the thugs grunts in pain, but manages to ignore the minigun spewing bullets at his chest, but the other one falls down screaming.

The thug grunts and snarls. “WHERE ARE YOUUUU??!”

8. - Top - End - #278

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Sorry. Its been a long day." Haj chided himself mentally. It had been a long day, but he wasn't really making this part any easier by being empty headed.
    "Okay, then, Melvin, here's the deal. I'm told that I'm supposed to fight you, but I don't really want to. I'm just looking for a kid named Karasu, abducted by a dude called Vain yesterday."
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-11 at 05:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary smirked his infernal smile as he watched Theo run. His quickly formulated plan taking effect.
    "excellent. Now I need to mess with him some more tomorrow in school then convince everyone he is going mad. Now where is Wendy?"
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-11 at 05:23 PM.

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John looks around in confusion asking, What is all this? who are you? what did you do to me? still dazed from the psychic image transfer.

OOC: So I'm guessing a glowing magical arm cannon is my new toy.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-11 at 05:56 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin rolls his eyes.

Don’t know either of those names, if they even exist.

He slowly rises, dusting off his jacket and pants. “You know, I heard once… long time ago… Evil says all sorts of lies, trying to pull the righteous man off of the path of virtue. I don’t know any Vain, I serve the Lady of Mercy. She sent me out to clean this city of evil and wickedness.

He sighs deeply, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “You’re a bad liar, man, saying you aren’t here to kill me. I’ve been followed all day by a many-faced man and his demon dog, but they’ve just been watching… Waiting…

Guess they were waiting for you.

Melvin suddenly whirls, a bolt of lightning dancing from his hand.

Roll reflex (DC 15) and wisdom.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo is gone.

Gary waits for Wendy, but she never shows up, or answers her phone. The cops pull Jack off and give Gary a number to call to get more information on the legal process from there. He’s feeling… odd.

Danielle is standing alone before him, her eyes red and her expression wild. Hadn’t she left? Gone with Jack to the police station?

Her face warps, her eyes shining bright yellow as her skin turns pasty grey.

“This isn’t over, Gary.”

His vision darkens at the corners and he feels dizzy and disoriented.

“No…”

He tumbles over, thudding against the grass, unconscious.

“It has only jusssst begun.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The woman sighs and plants the tips of her fingers against John's chest. "On some worlds, I am called the Lady of Mercy"
    Her hand suddenly balls into a fist, punching John straight over the ledge
    "As a joke."

As John tumbles through the air, he feels extreme pain and coldness in his right hand, as seams appear along the skin, folding back fingers to reveal an odd cannon-like construct.

One of the eagles swoops in and catches him, deftly dropping him off in an alley before soaring up to alight on a fire escape.

It preens its metallic feathers momentarily before looking piercingly at John.

OOC: Yup. The cannon can transform into a regular arm and back as a free action.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-11 at 08:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Reflex save: (1d20+4)[7]
    Wisdom check: (1d20)[14]

13. - Top - End - #283

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "What are yo.... u doing to me"
    Gary says, eyes closing as he falls into the sweet embrace of the unconscious. Struggling all the way
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-11 at 10:31 PM.

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Turning to the eagle, John saysThanks, buddy? What do I call a talking metal eagle anyway? And what the hell did your boss do to me?.

He notices the cannon folding back into his skin as he focused on wanting his hand back.

OOC: Why did you pick this power for my dude?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 01:36 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just keep up the attack then.

Adam makes no attempt to conceal his large devilish smile, totally loving running circles around these guys. He actually quietly snickers at the last thug's comment. "Heh, wouldn't you like to know, moron. But then, why keep him wondering." The minigun suddenly falls away, as another copy of Adam steps forward calmly, hands crossed behind his back. "Right in front of you numbnuts.", he says as he brings his hands around to the front, revealing a grenade in one hand, and it's pin in the other. He drops it between them before sarcastically saying, "Oops."

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

16. - Top - End - #286

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime is too surprised to dodge and the lightning bolt strikes him in the chest.

In the haziness of the pain, he dimly realizes that the lightning is very similar to Vain’s in how it was generated. Blue lights pulsing up the arms.

Toughness check, DC 19

Necron:

Gary awakens in a hospital room, his family (and Neil) standing worriedly around him.

“Oh thank God you’re ok!” his mother cries as she wraps her arms around him.

His sisters are each holding one of his arms in a vice-like grip, worry and concern painted across their faces.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Eagle tilts its head to the side.

You’re welcome. And what she did, was push you.”

It makes a tinny sound in the back of its throat. Laughter?

I do not have a name, officially. She doesn’t give us real names, besides ones as jokes. I am Eagleosopher.” It hops down to a lower bar, it’s sheer weight bending it on impact. “And she has given you power. What you do with it is entirely up to you, within certain guidelines.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The grenade “explodes” and the thug falls back yelling. He rolls and moans on the ground.

However, as Adam makes a quick headcount, he finds only one of them is dead. The others are injured, but they will eventually get back up.

Deciding on an expeditious retreat, he spins around to get out of the forest, only to find another thug behind him, gun drawn and lined up to his forehead.

Click. Bang. Dead.

The illusion falls away like mist, and the bloody man stands in its place. He looks over Adam’s shoulder with feigned interest. “Nicely done, but next time just create an illusion of a gun. They’ll be expecting it and less likely to not believe in its place in reality. Illusions are useful, but they can only take you so far, at least at this careful juncture.

17. - Top - End - #287

Zombie

"Ow my head, what day is it? What time? What's the doctor's diagnosis? And what kind of power was That? I was so not ready for another Extrahuman so soon after becoming conscious of my own Extrahuman powers."
    Gary asks his mum, before scooping his sisters onto the bed
    "And why are you two looking so worried. I told you I'm immortal didn't I. I'll be looking after you two scamps forever. Where is Wendy? And Theo not that I expect him to show up but can't tell them that. If they are letting Neil in it means the hospital is letting in non-family members. No offense but you don't qualify going by Hospital standards or mine."

Remember: Green is speech, Green italics is thoughts and italics is Mind-Control
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-12 at 06:48 AM.

Sorry everyone

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grins at the absurdity of this situation saying Real funny Eagleosopher.

The grin fading he continues, Still, who is this enemy? And why did you rescue me from being arrested be Detective Clay?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Neil and the others pointedly ignore that last remark.

“You were at the concert… and then you suddenly just started vomiting blood, so they called an ambulance. We haven’t seen Theo or Wendy at all. It’s been a few hours, it’s the middle of the night. We were so worried for you, we kind of forced them to let us stay.” His mom finishes sheepishly.

“The doctor’s have no idea what happened, besides that someone attacked you, which was obvious.” She says, rolling her eyes in annoyance. “We got a call from the police department about how that Jack boy attacked you.”

Darian suddenly yawns loudly. Bug-eyed, she covers her mouth in surprise. Neil chuckles. “I’ll drive them home and get them to bed, Gabby. C’mon girls.” He kisses Gabriela on the cheek and beckons to the two. “Bye Gary, we’ll see you tomorrow!”

Gabriela watches them go. “You’ll be kept here for a little while before the tests come back on your blood. You should get some sleep.”

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

He blinks slowly. “The enemy is chaos and insanity, a disease twisting this city and bringing it to its knees. There was already a corruption here, but now things are going to become much worse. You’ve already seen the damage it can wreak: That woman, Verda. She is fully under its control. The same force controlling her has been manipulating the police, binding them to its will. It knew our Lady had chosen you, and was preparing to take your life before that could happen. If you had stepped into that police vehicle, the Detective would have calmly put a gun to your head and pulled the trigger.

Simply put, there is a cancer spreading, far too quickly.” In the gloom of the alley, the blue eyes are wide and luminescent. “And if the good people do nothing, everyone in this city, everyone in this world, is going to die.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wait, chaos? Insanity? Aren't those concepts? Not you know, actual forces?

OOC: Starting a conversation so can the back and forth be a little faster for now?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 09:17 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleosopher perks up excitedly, hopping down to another bar with a crunch.

Now, see that’s what all you fleshy ones like to think!” He chirps. “It’s really quite fascinating that way, when insanity is just a state of mind and chaos just a swirling mass of stuff happening. Allows it all to be open to interpretation!

His tone grows somber. “No, that’s what you like to think, what you tell yourselves because a lie is more comfortable than the truth. Madness has a will, an all-consuming drive to infect and corrupt all life. Madness runs rampant across the universe! Chaos is just another form of madness. You’ve seen madness, in its lesser forms and sometimes in its greater forms. But now, the pure essence has come to Earth, and you have never seen that sort of power before. The power to turn a man into a feral animal, a peasant into a king. It turns this world upside down and inside out simply because it can.

Madness was once a state of mind, a simple blip in the face of reality. But true madness is the ability to reject reality and force it to follow irrational, terrifying whims. It takes a patterned, ordered universe and injects chaos.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I can't fight a "will", hell from my experience, I can't even spot its agents and if they are in power, I don't even know who to take out or what to fight. Look, I want to help, but I don't know what to do. It's not like I can go out and beat the crap out a known agent and hope things will turn out for the best. I just, I just, don't know what to do.

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 09:46 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    He stares at you serenely.

The time that this could have been prevented is long over. What you are experiencing is the calm before the storm, the subtle cloak and dagger play between two ancient forces that is about to erupt into a conflict unimaginable in its scope and scale. The pieces are in place, the board is set to begin. What happens next is up to you and what you have the courage to do. It is a burden not lightly given, and I always trust in the Lady’s ability to choose her champions. If you want to save lives, you have to stop running from these battles. Verda, Clay, and the others are already long gone, and their madness will spread from person to person until you are alone and isolated. This is what it wants, to make you afraid, so you succumb as well. And believe me, the influence will spread to people with power, who will use it to cause great and evil things. You are afraid of what people will think about you if you walked into that police department and started killing indiscriminately, but sometimes heroes are forced to be remembered as monsters for the greater good.”

He hops down once more. “And make no mistake, if you sit and wait long enough they will find you, they will fight you, and they will do their best to kill you.

He extends his wings and hops off the fire escape. "Verda can sense you, she is coming. Kill her and prevent her madness from spreading, for the good of everyone in Bluesky." He soars out of the alley.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John closes his eyes in deep thought as Eagleosopher flies away.

Opening his eyes again he whispers sadly to himself, man's gotta do.. taking out his gun from its holster and checking its ammunition. Satisfied, he returns it to his holster.

He makes his way home, post haste.

OOC: the general Idea behind the Horrible doctor's parts

I return home, If I find her in my home, I can fight her legally; she committed home invasion. If I return home and she's not waiting for me, well, PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Will the powers "upgrade" themselves?

NOTICE: (1d20+1)[19] to see if anyone's tailing me.

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 10:22 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam steps back cautiously, his joy quickly turning to fear at facing this nightmarish man again. But, somewhat more immersed in these oddities now, he manages to maintain some composure. "I'll..try to keep that in mind... So just what the hell is going on?! Who are these guys and who are you? I think I've had enough guns aimed at me tonight to be entitled to some answers." He looks back nervously at the remaining thugs, "And what do you mean, 'juncture'?"

26. - Top - End - #296

OrcBarbarianGuy

Alright y’all, we’re entering the second night phase, so I’m pushing to get us all through and done as quickly as possible. We’ve got a new player character joining the roster in the morning, and tomorrow is going to be a big day for everyone.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John walks home, quietly noticing Verda is following a distance behind him. When he returns to his apartment, he finds the police are staking it out.

Verda giggles. “End of the line, Officer Adams. Caught between a rock and a hard place, and no one is going to save you this time.”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He smiles. “You think this is all the power I could give you?

He begins walking off. “You are entitled to nothing, everything I give you is what you have earned. They were sent by people who would hold you back from your true potential, who think you shouldn’t be like a god amongst men.”

He disappears in a puff of mist. “I, however, disagree with them and believe such thoughts should be rewarded. Kill them, you grow stronger. Run, and I’ll just let them kill you.”

Adam hears a low chuckle. “If you knew you could not fail, what would you try to achieve?”

"By the way, she was late because I knew what was coming. So I saved her from being killed in the attack. You can thank me later."
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-12 at 11:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

ya think? John rhetorically answers.

A grin grows on John's face, Well, my back's to the wall, you've got me cornered at the bottom of the well. Only way out is up then. John morphs his arm into that strange cannon-like object again the transformation feeling less painful then it was first time. Instinctively, he fired it.

(1d20+2)[21]

The damage should be fire! so +4 damage.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 11:26 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam looks at the ground, feeling less than satisfied with that 'explanation'. "Well, that wasn't very helpful. My true potential? God, why's that weirdo have to be so cryptic. Although, he did sorta save Veronica I guess, so that was cool. Or, at least he claimed to." He looks back over at the thugs strewn across the ground. "Well, at any rate, I suppose I've still gotta deal with these guys. And I guess I might as well take his advice then." Adam gestures once more, the illusory copy of him reappearing, this time holding a double-barrel shotgun, unloading it into the nearest thug's face.

29. - Top - End - #299

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime dropped to one knee as the lightning pulsed though him, but it seemed that his nerves were deadened, or he'd just had enough, because he was unphased. His new sunglasses were skewed, and his hood was blown back to reveal some very charged hair, but when he looked back up it was without pain.

"That's enough lightning for today."

In a blur, Haj leapt up the statue, claws and fangs extending in a heartbeat as he went. The new instinct was there, waiting, crying for blood. Haj was ready this time, and it didn't take over. He wasn't out to prove the crazy kid right. He wasn't a soldier or a murderer. When he struck, it was palm first, his claws reaching out just enough to scratch without eviscerating the kid.

{OOC: Attack: (1d20+4)[22], Toughness 19, Fort 14 if hit. Attempting to do non-lethal damage.}
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2012-10-12 at 05:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Verda jumps back, screeching in pain as fire licks up her arms.

She falls to the ground in a heap, stunned and injured.

The corrupted policemen hear the commotion and start running down the street!

Crazydude:
    Spoiler
    Show

Coupe de Grace. None make it out alive.

Adam now stands alone in the dark, misty meadow, the only sources of light coming from the moon and his own blood red eyes.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin cries out and goes tumbling off of the statue, landing in a heap.

He’s completely unconscious.

As Hajime calms down, he realizes he’s surrounded by a crowd of hundreds of muttering pedestrians.

And they don’t sound happy.