New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

John grabs Verda's limp body and slings her over his shoulder, the cannon folding back into his hand as he does so. He then runs in the opposite direction of the police, searching for a tall building with a rooftop that's easily accessible when he looses the cops.

OOC: Taking a page from Batman's interrogation handbook. Finding a nice quiet rooftop to dangle her off and have a conversation.

Also, thanks for the super strength.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 08:04 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Necron:

Neil and the others pointedly ignore that last remark.
    OOC: The last words about or mine was in italics and so a Thought

“You were at the concert… and then you suddenly just started vomiting blood, so they called an ambulance. We haven’t seen Theo or Wendy at all. It’s been a few hours, it’s the middle of the night. We were so worried for you, we kind of forced them to let us stay.” His mom finishes sheepishly.

“The doctor’s have no idea what happened, besides that someone attacked you, which was obvious.” She says, rolling her eyes in annoyance. “We got a call from the police department about how that Jack boy attacked you.”

Darian suddenly yawns loudly. Bug-eyed, she covers her mouth in surprise. Neil chuckles. “I’ll drive them home and get them to bed, Gabby. C’mon girls.” He kisses Gabriela on the cheek and beckons to the two. “Bye Gary, we’ll see you tomorrow!”

Gabriela watches them go. “You’ll be kept here for a little while before the tests come back on your blood. You should get some sleep.”
    "Bye Neil, Dana, Darian. You get some rest, I'm not going to die on you silly girls." Gary grins
    "I do feel a bit tired, maybe I should get some rest. You go, catch up with your other kids."
    Gary yawns and lays back
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #303

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show

The cops run up and pull out their sidearms, one shouting into his radio for back-up, the other firing.

He hits! Roll toughness, DC 17.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gabriela kisses Gary on the forehead, and walks out of the room, flipping the light switch on her way out

Gary leans back comfortably against the pillow, and the room suddenly falls away, leaving him lying on a field of grass. It’s early evening, there’s people everywhere, music blaring – he’s at the concert! And standing above him…

(GM Recommended Mood Music)

Danielle looms over Gary, a strange and uncharacteristic grin on her face. Everyone around them is frozen in place. The lights seem to dim and the stars in the sky vanish one by one. As the last one vanishes, Danielle transforms into a man with long red hair that hangs down as he hovers menacingly over Gary. All that remains the same is the odd, insane, grin. He is much taller than Danielle, and in place of her clothes wears aristocratic clothing that's been out of style for centuries.
    "You've been a fun one to watch! Not many like you around, oh no. You think you can play with people like some kind of god, don't you? And as expected it all falls down like a house of cards. You think FAR too much of yourself, soon you're going to see some masters at work. I was half tempted to offer you some power, but I see he got to you first." He straightens up and pokes Gary with his foot. "Don't move or talk much, eh?” He shrugs indifferently. “Oh well, that'll make it just that much easier for my chosen ones to kill you when the time comes. See you around maybe". He turns, walking through the crowd humming to himself.

Gary suddenly finds himself back in the hospital room again. A flashback?
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-12 at 09:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grunts in pain as he takes a look around, looking for anything in the environment that can be used to slow down the cops and a mask.

(1d20+4)[5]

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 10:06 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #305

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right. This is seriously creepy. And might be a hallucination but oh well. If it is then I'll be locked up soon enough, no point trying to hide my weird, crazy stuff.
    But is it an coming and going hallucination or all the time? Only one way to find out."

Gary activates his ESP to look around at a few of the rooms just o see if it works before going to sleep
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-12 at 11:45 PM.

Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #306

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The bullet goes low and punches through John’s right knee, causing him and Verda to tumble to the ground as he roars in pain.

He’s disabled, staggered, and stunned. One action per turn, it can’t be strenuous, and you’ve lost a turn.

Verda stands, gritting her teeth and snarling. “Give up.”

The two cops cover him with their guns, sirens scream in the distance. Prepared actions on all three, it's Adam's turn again.

But he's in a bit of a bind.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Do you mind switching your text color back to blue? It’s a lot easier to read.

Gary sees a few other patients, one man quietly muttering and twitching in his sleep, a woman crying silently over a picture.

Down the hall his mother is sleeping on a bench.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grins saying, uncle

He then morphs his arm into a cannon, raises his arm at Verda and fires.

(1d20+2)[3] SONIC BLAST!

OOC; He's pissed.

WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE NATURAL ONES!?

eeer, can I hit due to being point blank? or a comedic win?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-12 at 11:43 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attacking is a strenuous action, John has passed out.

Ok, Necron (as far as I know) and C_O have finished their day actions, that of course leaves Crazydude and Bladesmith.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Coming down off the rush was hard. However, this time Haj had an entire crowd glaring at him to help him snap out of it. Right, so getting into a super-battle in the middle of Aria plaza was a bad idea. Especially when you are the one with the scary predator eyes, claws, and fangs. Not a great image. Still, he started planning out what might be a good idea as he sheathed his claws.

"Hey, uh, so... You guys saw it. He shot me with lightning first. Don't worry. He'll be fine, I'm just gonna get him some medical attention."

And with that, Haj scooped up the Melvin kid and ran like a thousand fiendish horses were on his heels. Maybe if he could get the kid alone, he could talk a bit more, get a better idea of what was going on.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam looks over the dead thugs, feeling a strange mixture of emotions in his gut. "Well, I won, I guess. Yay? What now? Just try to get some sleep before class tomorrow? I guess there's really not much else I can do. Not unless that messed up dude suddenly decides to reappear. Oh well, maybe I'll luck out and just like wake up in a hospital bed, the unfortunate victim of someone slipping something into my drink or something." Adam looks down and frowns for a moment. Yea, you know things are REALLY ****ed up when you consider being drugged with psychedelics lucky..." And with that, Adam wanders home, feeling rather defeated for someone who just escaped near death.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-13 at 06:48 AM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

11. - Top - End - #311

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Hajime tries to run, a police officer grabs him by the arm.

“Do you really think you can run out of here like that?” He asks lowly, his facial features twitching and flickering oddly.

He grabs Melvin by the back. “Let the kid go and come with me, or you’ll be fighting your way out of this crowd. And don’t forget…” He looks pointedly over his shoulder.

There are kids with their cellphones out, taking pictures and video

Crazydude:

And so he goes home.

12. - Top - End - #312

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj looks around. He was hoping to use that fun new speed he had to break through the crowd before they knew what was happening, but that was impossible. Still, something made him smile as he handed Melvin over to the fake cop.

"Maybe it would be good for you guys to get some publicity. Then I might have an idea of what I'm doing here." He muttered under his breath.

13. - Top - End - #313

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The cop lays Melvin gently on the ground. “Call an ambulance!” He shouts at a civilian.

He grabs Hajime by the arm. “You’re coming with me!” He shouts roughly, dragging Hajime along.

He smirks. “You think so? You do not see what we see.”

He leads Hajime safely out of the crowd and into a secluded area. His features, clothes, melt and shift until he looks like a normal business man. “Go home, Hajime. You’ve done enough for today, I think.”

14. - Top - End - #314

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah. Close enough."

Haj sketched a half-hearted wave to the 'man of many faces', gave a cursory glance around for a 'demon dog', then took off at a jog for home. A lot had happened today, Haj hadn't eaten since breakfast, and he was dead tired. Of course he only realized that now, when he wasn't getting zapped by lightning, or whatever. Luckily, jogging was a lot faster now, and he was home before he knew it. Sneaking into the house without making a sound, he grabbed some leftovers to keep his stomach from consuming itself, then was back out the door and into his camaro. There was a lot of thinking to do, and his car was the best place to do it. Settling into the worn out seat, though, was all the encouragement his body needed, though, and before he knew it, he was sound asleep.

15. - Top - End - #315

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ok guys, multi-person event!

Crazydude:

Adam wakes up groggily, suddenly brought to consciousness by a sharp pain in his shoulder. He pulls the covers off to show his bullet wound, curiously wrapped in bandages. Had he done that? He slides out of bed, when his roommate Kyle runs in wide-eyed.

“You have to see this.”

Necron:

Gary drops the remote to the in-room TV in shock. There’s no way….

C_O:

John awakes in a prison cell, chained to the walls. Verda is leaning against the bars with a cell phone out, playing some morning news broadcast, giggling to herself.

Bladesmith:

Hajime stares in horror at the TV, his parents equally staring at him in shock and surprise.

All:

“Surprise, terror, and questions abound this morning over an odd display last night at Aria Plaza. One Caleb Aldrich was with his friends, recording clips with his video camera when he caught this supernatural exchange”:

A home video pops up, showing a boy in a hoodie and sunglasses staring up at another boy atop a statue, both tense but pretending to be nonchalant.

Suddenly, the boy atop the statue blasts lightning from his hand, hitting the hooded other in the chest and knocking him back.

The hood falls back and the glasses go askew, revealing a high school boy with feral eyes, claws slowly unsheathing from his fingers. Quick as a snake, he darts up the statue, striking the other boy in the chest, who cries out and tumbles off, landing in a heap.

“After the altercation the feral boy tried to run off with the student, but was stopped by the timely arrival of a police officer. However, none of the police say that they’ve seen the boy, or that he was even arrested to begin with, raising the question of where he could be now. The student, Melvin Groden, was taken to Holcomb River Hospital to diagnose any problems and treat injuries.”

Bladesmith:

Hajime’s mother stares at him in shock. “H-Hajime… wasn’t that you?!?”

C_O:

Verda closes the phone. “The war’s about to begin.” She whispers with glee.

Necron:

Gary notes with some interest that they’ve taken Melvin to his hospital. He’s there somewhere….

His cellphone suddenly rings!

Crazydude:

Kyle turns to Adam. “What does this mean? Is it the mayan thing? Is this the apocalypse??”

Checking his phone, he sees a text from Veronica. “Sorry I was late! I had some old guy come up to me asking for directions, and it took way longer than I thought!”

It wasn’t a dream.

And elsewhere on campus…

Slacker student John Paul and his rather chubby roommate Tim stare at each other in shock and elation.

“Duuuuuuuddddeeeeeee!”

Day 3, 08/21 begins!

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

War? Sorry to burst your bubble, but all I have ever heard all stinking day long yesterday was war this and war that and I still can't make heads or tails of what the hell are you people talking about! John shouts, pulling at the chains with all his strange new-found strength.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

If the chains are steel, I would automatically break it, right?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317

GreataxeFighterGuy

Groggily, Haj stared at the TV, a bowl of cereal forgotten in his hands as the early morning fog rolls away. Dammit, so that had been real. When he'd woken up in the camaro, it had felt so dream-like that he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. But as he watched himself on the tube, he could feel the claws under his skin, waiting to be put to use. There, in the middle of the living room, his parents now knew a little of what was happening. Which kinda explained why these guys didn't want any publicity.

"Uh... I..." Hajime stammered. What the heck could he tell his parents? Suddenly, whether from the stress or just whim, the claws shot out on their own, scraping the sides of his cereal bowl and bending his spoon. And then the small voice that he'd stuffed into the back of his head last night reminded him of what he was doing.
    "Yeah. I guess it was me. Which means last night wasn't a dream. Which means Karasu is still out there. And I think I need to talk to gramps."

Haj recited his points mechanically, still staring intently at the TV. He couldn't meet his parents eyes, not now. Instead, he turned around, heading back into the kitchen.

18. - Top - End - #318

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John is still disabled, so the action has caused him to pass out. Again.

He wakes up, chained back to the wall again as they splash water on him. Verda shakes her head mockingly. “Not very smart, are ya.”

She pulls a stool over and sits across it.

“The war is fairly simple: Order vs. Chaos. Sanity vs. Insanity. You vs. Me. Us vs. Them. Slavery vs. Freedom.”

She sniggers. “They’re lying to you, saying you’re gonna be doin’ the world a service killing me. I’m a missionary, evangelist extraordinaire! I’m waking people up to the fact that reality don’t hold us back any more.” Her eyes glint widely and madly. “We can be the gods of the universe, and madness is going to take us there.”

Bladesmith:

As Hajime makes his retreat, his mother shrieks at him, “YOU GUESS?!?”, as he his father desperately tries to control her.

Hajime mounts the stairs up to the room where his grandparents are staying. Knocking on the door, he hears his grandfather quietly ask, “Yes? Who is it?”

19. - Top - End - #319

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Hey grandpa, its Hajime. Can we talk?"

Haj really wasn't sure if Gramps knew anything, but there was a weird sort of instinct to it. Or maybe the fact that Gramps had encouraged him to be the hero first, which was certainly not normal. Either way, he did want to get his opinion on what was happening.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam rubs his shoulder as he watches the TV with half shock, half interest. "So, apparently I wasn't drugged. And I guess I'm not just going crazy either, so that's cool. Hm, so I'm not the only, er, 'special' guy in town eh? I'm not sure if that should be comforting or terrifying... Regardless, I suppose I really need to figure out what my next move is; which blows, because of course I've got no freaking clue what to do with this now." Adam is so lost in his thoughts, he almost forgets about Kyle being there with him. "Uh, I wouldn't worry about it man. You know how these things go, probably just like a hoax some stupid kids sent in to the news station or something. I mean come on, Mayan apocalypse? Really? Even if that were the case, it's still a few months off." Adam reads over Veronica's text again, before hastily responding:
    Oh hey no prob, I'm sure we'll see each other around soon.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-13 at 04:04 PM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

21. - Top - End - #321

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

“Sure, Hajime.”

He opens the door, finding his grandfather sitting in a meditative pose before a rudimentary altar, pictures of dead family members sitting on the varnished wood, incense and candles burning, providing the only light.

“You seem troubled.”

Crazydude:

Kyle anxiously watches the tv before suddenly whirling around towards Adam. “OH, you were going to the concert last night, right? Did you see what happened?” He blurts out.

22. - Top - End - #322

GreataxeFighterGuy

"So, under the assumption that you haven't seen the news... Did you know what was going on when Karasu was taken? Did you know what I would be getting into when you offered me that cane, and told me to go after him? Because a lot happened yesterday, and I just want to know if you had any idea what you were telling me to do."

Gramps had been good to Haj. Gramps was generally pretty straightforward and honest. But the thought that he had known anything about these crazy people and their war, and hadn't told him... That burned.

23. - Top - End - #323

Zombie

Putting aside the thoughts of finding the Extrahuman for later Gary grabs his Iphone, answering "Hello, this is Gary."

Sorry everyone

24. - Top - End - #324

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

Grandpa shakes his head. “I don’t make much effort following the news anymore.”

He turns to look at Hajime. “I knew there was something unnatural occurring. That is all. In events like those, one cannot look to authority or wisdom for aid. Sometimes, one must simply look to oneself for strength.” He sighs and turns back to the altar, closing his eyes. “I do not know what you faced looking for your brother, Hajime. I cannot know. I can only pray and take heart in the fact that Karasu has a brave older brother like you to watch over him.”

He is silent for a few moments, and the lights seem to dim in the room. “It was selfish of me to send you though, as a Buddhist. But one must make the calculation one day whether they care more about achieving Nirvana… or sparing other people pain and suffering. I saw you and decided you had the strength and will to find your brother no matter what, and I decided to give that strength a killing edge. Because I believe that your brother will suffer greatly before the end”

All light is being extinguished, and in the darkness Grandpa turns once again, his eyes glowing yellow. “I believe others will see these strengths within you, Hajime, and reward them as I have. I want you, I want Karasu, to be free, free from slavery. Free to make your own way in the universe. Free Karasu, so you can achieve Nirvana and see what the universe truly is!”

A roar fills Hajime’s ears, his own heart beating like a drum calling for war, all the lights in the universe burn out except for those two yellow eyes, until, in the shadows, he sees a reflection:

It’s a man… or something like a man. Standing tall above Hajime, he’s wiry but fit, every muscle a packed steel cord. His eyes glow with power. Fur covers most of his body, a long mane flowing from his head, thick sideburns sprouting from the sides of his face, oddly elongated like a dogs. A tail swishes idly behind him, and his clawed hands slowly flex and curl.

And the grin. Long teeth, sharpened to razor perfection, serrated for slicing through flesh.

Power. Power will set you free. Power will save Karasu from slavery, and power will see this world all the greater.” Says Hajime to himself. “Embrace power, Hajime.

“Hajime?”

He suddenly comes to, standing in the doorway to his grandfather’s room, where he is still sitting in front of the altar like he was. “Hajime, was there something you wanted to talk about?” He asks worriedly, squinting at his grandson.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Gary, it’s Wendy, you have to-

There’s a muffled sound, a thwack, cries of pain.

“That’s enough, Wendy.” Inserts a smooth cool voice. “Hello, Gary.” Theo says with malice.

25. - Top - End - #325

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Inside Gary starts to panic, his mindscape overwhelmed by a tornado of emotions as thoughts run a mile a minute through his head
    But he answers calmly, only a mild quaver in his voice "Theo. You have exactly 24 hours to return Wendy to me unharmed or I will hunt you down and kill you in the most painful way possible. Oh, and tell Wendy I said 'The King is Rising. Care to make your choice?'"
    Gary smirks, calming down a little as his mental defenses slam down, quelling his rage to a more handleable level.

"I guess you want to make demands right?"

OOC: Remember back on the second page, Mistress to the King.

Sorry everyone

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Gimme a break, I've only had these powers for less than a day.

John continues, So If we're in a war, why am I still alive? You've already tried to kill me, twice.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Theo laughs, and passes on the message. In the background, Gary hears Wendy scream in terror, “JUST GET ME OUT OF HERE YOU DOLT, THIS IS NO TIME FOR THEATR-MMPHHH!”

He chuckles. “I think she’s made her choice. And as for hunting me down and demands and such, I’ll make it easy on you: Industrial zone 1, building 8-C at 5:00 this afternoon. Come alone.”

*click*

After a few minutes, a doctor walks in holding a chart and looking grim. "Gary Jesmond?"

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Verda scowls. “The Voice changed its mind. Said that we were supposed to turn you to our side. Through any means necessary.” She grins wickedly, unveiling a collection of knives.

“And soon, we’ll have someone down here who can contain you if you try to do a prison break again, so your days are numbered, Adams.” She walks off, giggling to herself. “See you arounnddd…”

As John sits in the cell alone, a small shimmering cricket bounces in, landing on his wounded knee.

Incoming message from our Lady: Rescue inbound, idiot. Hold tight. Brace yourself for emergency restorative measures. Warning: This will be extremely painful.

The cricket suddenly shreds through his pants, squirming towards the bloody hole and inserting itself. John feels the cricket reconnecting bones and ligaments and sealing them together, an incredibly uncomfortable process.

John has been returned to full status.

28. - Top - End - #328

Zombie

"That's me. What's the prognosis doc?"
    Gary asks, putting the phone down and looking at him, mind running a mile a minute, running through plans.

"And what are the chances of me getting out of here before noon? I have somewhere I need to be rather urgently."

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hello? You still talking? Or is this a recorded message?

John follows the orders to sit tight, preparing himself to smash the chains when rescue comes.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    The doctor flips some pages on his chart. “Well, besides the trauma to your head and some signs of slight concussion due to that, the only odd thing we’ve found is the high traces of lithium, silicon, iron, and other metals in your blood.”

He sets his chart down. “Son, I don’t know how to explain this… You have enough toxic metals and elements in your bloodstream that you should be dead. I’ve only seen a blood reading like this once before.”

His eyes narrow. “In Melvin Groden, the other boy we brought into the emergency room last night. The one who, on the TV, shot lightning from his hand.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The cricket remains silent. It’s sealed inside his knee.

He waits… and he waits… Suddenly, he hears a loud bang outside and shouting!