New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

(1d20+5)[25]
    "Okay, I realize how that sounds, but let me explain. So, I wanted Tim out of my room tonight, because he is allllways in my room. And the only way I could get him to do that was to take a picture of the rampaging lady. And then I thought 'maybe I should get somebody else to go with me, to prove that I was really there'. Hence why I am here, asking you to go with me"

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrong choice of words. Her eyes glint dangerously. “Never suggest I work for Madness. I serve Cordelia the Asrai, a spirit of the earth keenly interested in holding the corruption at bay.

Bullets ping off the desk. “Is this really the time for questions?

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin smiles thinly. “Well, at least someone knows what they’re talking about.” He shrugs his shirt on. “But no, electromagnetism.”

The door slams open and the cops come in guns blazing. Melvin lifts a hand, stopping the bullets in front of him. “One minute earlier and you might have gotten me. Oh well.” He shoves his hand, sending the bullets flying into one of the officers, who drops like a rock. The other officer snarls and reaches for another clip. “I’ll leave him for you.” He says, gesturing to Gary.

James_S_W:

She pauses for a moment. “Alright, fine. Wait here, I’ll grab my stuff.” As she closes the door, he hears her mutter, “Damn lucky you’re cute.”

She walks out. “’Kay. Let’s go.”

The two embark on their trip, catching a bus to take them into downtown a bit. The rest they’ll have to make on foot. In the distance, they can hear the sounds of gunfire, and it would appear the police have cordoned off the road and sidewalk a fair distance away.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-15 at 10:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, yes it is. Now I need you to point me at the largest concentration of my former colleges, I'll toss this here desk at them and we'll make a run for the door. Unless of course you have a different plan.
    John says, his face splitting into a wide grin.

Getting up, he takes a potshot at the nearest cop. Dropping down immediately after.

(1d20+2)[22] SONIC

YES FINALLY!

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-15 at 10:51 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #364

BardGuy

as the two cautiously head toward the sound of gunfire, john turns to mary and says "Look, I really just want a picture or two, to prove that I was here. After that, we can go do something else. I know a great chinese place around here, or we could go see a movie."
    John looks around, and tries to kind any places where he could get a picture while not being within 'danger range' of the chick with the guns

5. - Top - End - #365

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The cop flies back into a column, falling to the ground in a stupor.

She shakes her head. “Not through the front door. We go for the roof, Eagleaus and Flutterhawk are waiting for us there. They told me they sighted a soldier of madness coming this way, and he looked pissed.” She finishes grimly. “I’m strong, but he apparently took out an entire hit squad single-handedly, so that’s not something I want to tangle with.”

She points to the left. “Three were hiding in that office. Throw the desk and block the doorway, I’ll take care of the last one on the right.

James_S_W:

John is suddenly shoved to the side by a tough-looking guy… who’s probably in high school. Built like a fighter, lean, and looking very very mean, he stalks by the two, walking towards the police station with purpose.

Get out of my way.” He growls lowly.

Then his shadow meanders by, acting like it rules the world.

Wait. His shadow?
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-15 at 11:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds like a plan, Follow me, I know the way. says John. He continues, on three, two, one, NOW on now, he tosses the desk at the doorway and makes a run for the roof; his eidetic memory and previous employment at this location helping him.

Before entering the first doorway, he waits until after the lady has finished off the last cop and then he starts running.

OOC: He can smash through any door with SUPER strength! Also, dude worked here, he knows the way to the roof. smoke breaks anyone?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-15 at 11:17 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #367

BardGuy

"uh, hey Mar. DId something seem strange about that guy?"
    or am I just going insane?

8. - Top - End - #368

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    She flings her shield, catching another cop in the throat, before dashing after John.

We have to hurry!” She yells. Through offices, maintenance hallways, up the stairs, through the final door, and out onto the roof, where two more mechanical eagles await.

It’s about time!” shouts one as they wing off. “He’s almost here!”

Veronica catches the claws of the outspoken one and runs off the edge.

The other one flaps closer to John’s head. “Uh… Grab my claws... If you want, that is.” It says in a more feminine voice.

“She” drags John over the edge of the building and out into open space.

WHOO-HOO!” whoops John’s rescuer.

James_S_W:

Mary is pale. “Wh-what the heck…” They both hear an odd whooping noise. “Hey, look at that!”

Two people holding onto the claws of what looks like giant eagles leap off the edge of the police building, and fly between the skyscrapers to freedom.

The tough kid growls in frustration, turning towards the shadow. “Where are they going?!”

The shadow tilts its head. “… Unknown…”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369

BardGuy

John quickly pulls out his phone and starts taking pictures.
    As he is doing this, he whispers to Mary "Okay, we are going to slowly back away. I'd rather let TIm sleep in my room than deal with... that"
    Last edited by James_Sure_Woul; 2012-10-15 at 02:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the first cop drop, Gary focuses on the second. Through out a mental blast into his mind to take control
    "Take his gun and coat your hands with his blood."

"If any Human asks the cops were arguing when they came in and that one pulled his partner's gun, shooting him. So how did you get your powers?"
    Gary asks, still forcing mental power through the link to convince the cop to incriminate himself
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #371

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

“S-sure” She whispers back. “Can we just find a place… I need to sit down.”

She’s trembling violently.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    The cops eyes flash blue-

He freezes. And slowly, the blue shifts to green then to yellow. Sickly yellow.

No. No, Gary, he won’t. Because he's mine.” The cop smoothly begins to reach for another clip. “You want him? Fight me.”

Gary?” Melvin whispers nervously, lightning beginning to twitch on his fingers.

Mental grapple time. D20 + will score + mind control rank.

12. - Top - End - #372

BardGuy

"Yeah, of course." John is shaken as well, but trying desperately to hide it.
    The two of them walk into a nearby bar, and sit down at the counter
    "Are you doing okay?" he asks mary
    crap, and I convinced her to come with me

13. - Top - End - #373

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[14]

"The...Cops are...possessed. I'm trying...to overwhelm it to...command the thing."
    I'll fight you off. I'm Better than you, whoever you are. Now: Pick up the gun!
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-15 at 07:05 PM.

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #374

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

“It’s just- I just… I’ve never seen anything like that! What was that?!” Her doe-like eyes erratically scan John’s face.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

He chuckles. “Just kidding. You’re out of your league.”

The eyes burn bright, all light slowly fading away as those two orbs grow bigger and brighter.

What do you fear?”

Laughter. Contempt. Derision.

Do you fear death?”

Blood. So much blood.

Do you fear losing them?”

His mother. Dana and Darian. Wendy. So much blood.

Do you fear-

The hallucination suddenly vanishes, and Gary sees Melvin has run a spike through the cop’s head.

Let’s get the hell out of here.” He says, eyes wide with fear.

15. - Top - End - #375

BardGuy

"I know, neither have I. Wait a minute, let me check my phone. I took a bunch of pictures of it, to make sure that I wasn't going crazy. maybe it was just a trick of the light"
    He pulls out his phone and pulls up the photos he had just taken

16. - Top - End - #376

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary nods weakly, taking a few steps forward, face twisting into one of rage
    "You touch my sisters, or anyone else I care about, and I will destroy you, whatever you are. Note to self, keep Dana and Darian safe, at all costs. Now, to go get Wendy back."
    He stomps on the fomerly-possesed cop's hand as he steps over the bodies
    "You won't get in trouble for killing them will you? I mean, they were police before being possessed."

Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #377

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    The photos don’t lie. There were two people holding onto the claws of giant birds, and the shadow-thing was there… And John can’t help but get the eerie feeling that it was looking at him the entire time.

Further, at it’s feet he can see it’s drawing together all of the shadows around it, using them as a source.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin walks out into the hallway. “Y’know considering they were going to kill me and leave a trail of witnesses, I’m beginning to think it doesn’t really matter anymore.” He says, a frown on his face. He waves his hand, the guns and ammunition floating up to his hands.

Want one?” He offers a pistol to Gary.

18. - Top - End - #378

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary takes it, looking for the safety and triggering it before stuffing it inside his jacket out of sight

"Thanks. So what are you going to do now? And why did you get in a fight with what looks like Wolverine in public?"

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #379

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, that is very very not good. Why are they looking at me?
    John quickly switches the picture to one that he took before things got strange and shows it to Mary.
    "see, we must have just been imagining things. maybe we got affected by Tim's 'second-hand smoke' or something like that."
    (ooc: before you ask, here is a bluff check)
    (1d20+5)[11]

20. - Top - End - #380

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    He shrugs. “I serve the Lady of Mercy in her quest to destroy evil-doers who threaten the city. The other guy was on the other side, their side.” He points at the officers. “He kinda botched killing me though, so I guess they decided a quieter approach was called for.

He shrugs. “I guess I’ll go back to doing that. Find the Lady, figure out what my next step is. If the police are being corrupted, then I’ll definitely have to address that.

James_S_W:

“Y-Yeah…” She looks unconvinced, but very frightened. “Let’s just go back to school. I missed a class for this.”

Hey guys, putting the brakes on for a few hours until some of the others check in. Pop in your update and we'll wait for the others. Sorry!

21. - Top - End - #381

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well I know that the police and politicians are corrupt in the Human sense, not so sure in the Extrahuman sense like possession on a large scale.
    I got my abilities from some skeletal guy who told me the world was dying. I'm not sure if he meant world the planet, world civilization or world my perception of the universe and everyone's place in it.
    Though I have also been contacted by a girl, someone who could Nullify my ESP."

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #382

BardGuy

"yeah, lets. That's probably the best idea right now"
    well this went spectacularly John thinks sarcastically, as He and Mary walk towards the buss back to school.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam is a bit taken aback by being addressed directly by this seeming stranger. But after a moment, he shakes it off, realizing he should probably start getting used to weird things like this. He whispers, "Creepy messed up face guy, is that you? Well, you decided to keep me in the dark, so yea, I'm handling it myself now. Whose side is he on then?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for saving me, my name's John Adams, what's yours? John says to the woman who rescued him.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    As they walk along, Melvin gets a thoughtful expression. “This woman, was she blond, kinda pretty, wears a nice outfit?”

OOC: The correct answer would be yes.

James_S_W:

John and Mary return to school and awkwardly part ways. He attends a couple of classes, but his heart is obviously not in it. All he can think about is what happened earlier at the police station.

And he still feels like he’s being watched. As he returns to his dorm, he finds Mary sitting outside his door, ferociously typing on a keyboard.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He chuckles. “Oh no, I’m not him. For one thing, I'm far more forgiving of failure. Think of me as his agent who can go anywhere unseen.” His features flicker oddly.

“Mr. Jesmond, for one, is on the side of slavery and stagnation, people who stand in the way of evolution. They believe that if you do not share their principles, you are evil and must be destroyed.” He flips another page. “Of course, he’s still learning that. Mr. Groden as well.”

He folds up the newspaper. “Your nature and the nature of the powers you were given are in direct conflict with them and their masters. Your benefactor, Old One-Eye, wishes you nothing but the best of luck as you use your powers, preferably to further the goals of our side.” He solemnly stares into Adam’s eyes. “The time when this conflict could have been prevented has passed. All you can do now is work to wipe them out as quickly as possible, before it escalates to full-scale war.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m Veronica Diehl.”

The two eagles drop them off on a rooftop before settling on a nearby weather vane. Veronica pushes back her hair and ties it in a loose pony tail and drops her opaque sword on the ground, where it cracks into two pieces, steaming slightly.

26. - Top - End - #386

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Does that make me an unaffiliated pawn or another agent of the Lady? Oh and yes."

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #387

BardGuy

"Hey Mar, how come you're sitting outside my room typing?"
    Last edited by James_Sure_Woul; 2012-10-16 at 08:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John shouts, Thanks Eagleaus, thanks Flutterhawk! as he waves at the metal birds with a grin on his face.

He turns back to Veronica just in time to see her drop her sword, he then says You sure you won't need that later? So, who are we waiting for.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

He shrugs, ducking through another door, taking a more obscure exit from the hospital. “That’s up to you, I guess. I don’t really know what her plan is. Glad she sent you to save me though.”

He tenses, clutching his head, as a spike of pain shoots through Melvin's own.

"This is the Lady of Mercy. You are in grave danger. Madness is surrounding you right now and you have to get out. If a student named Adam stops you, take control of his mind and keep moving, Madness is only using him to slow you down. Furthermore, I am running interference to keep the dark lord from attacking you mentally when you control his thralls, so don't give up the fight!"

Melvin looks at Gary warily. "Did you hear what I just heard?"

James_S_W:

She frowns. “Figuring out what the heck is going on in this town. Yesterday, there were multiple reports of gunfire, but never any police response. A woman, Helen Walker, was murdered in her home and the police have a confirmed perpetrator, a cop named John Adams, but haven’t caught him, though he was under suspicion for murdering his own partner two nights ago.”

She pulls a stray lock of hair out of her vision. “Then there’s the craziness that went down last night at Aria Plaza. The police never released a report about it, and suddenly a woman just walks into the station and starts killing people?” She closes the laptop. “Not to mention the boy and his shadow, that was insane on too many levels. And the people escaping on the eagles.” Mary rubs her temples. “I don’t even know where to begin asking questions.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    They chirp happily in response.

She kicks a piece sending one skidding over to him. “Pick it up.

Doing so, John finds it to be freezing cold, numbing his fingers to the bone. Veronica grins. “Pure ice. Constantly replenishing it so it’s useful as a weapon, and I can always make another in a pinch.” She opens the door. “And we’re not waiting for anybody. The mission is finished, unless there’s something you think needs doing.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-17 at 10:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, no offense or whatever, but you and your boss don't really seem all that non-evil either. And yea, I keep hearing about this war, but what are the sides exactly? I mean, you tell me that Jesmond and his people are the bad guys, but how can I trust you? And even if they are, how do I know that he isn't just being used, basically like what you're trying to do with me? And wait, who's Groden?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.