New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

Eagleaus, get me over this dammed wall! John shouts.

OOC: ELABORATE ON THE YES AND NO!
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-19 at 09:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

(1d20)[1]
    Aww man! Nat 1

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary whispers back
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You don't get it, I'm trying to sway him to view me in a positive light. One less enemy, one more potential Ally."
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2012-10-19 at 08:59 AM.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

3. - Top - End - #483
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, Things I can do: lift a car with some effort, deflect bullets, kill a man with a punch.
    Things I apparently can't do: Fly, jump further. In fact, it felt like I was falling faster than normal
    good to know.
    John thinks to himself as he walks back to the dorm.
    As he walks in the door, he sees a familiar face.
    "Tim, I thought you said that you stay in your own room tonight if I went to the police station."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I assume you meant me too?

Reflex: (1d20)[6]
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #485

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

OOC: Rule 0.

Spoiler
    Show
    “Right!” Eagleaus swoops over the wall, snagging John and lifting him back over. There he sees Melvin and two boys he doesn’t recognize, in various states of disarray for some odd reason.

From the rooftop of the hospital, three more beasts join the fray.

Crazydude, Necron, and now C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Both of you roll toughness, DC 19.

Melvin dodges, getting knocked to the ground, but both Gary and Adam are swept away by the force of the blast, their ears wringing in pain.

Eagleaus swoops over the wall, bringing back a man with one arm transformed into something that looks like a cannon.

Roaring barks can vaguely be heard, as three more beasts launch themselves from the roof of the hospital, landing amongst the group. The doors burst open, and a group of 7 miscellaneous doctors, cops, office workers, and a soccer mom run out, armed with guns, led by two robed figures with hoods drawn.

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    Tim idly munches on Cheetos. “I have seen no such evidence. Provide it!”

6. - Top - End - #486

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John pulls out his phone and flips to one of the few 'normal' photos. As normal as a photos of complete and utter chaos at a police station can be.
    "now please, leave. I just want to fall into bed right now"

7. - Top - End - #487

Zombie

Knowing my luck it'll be another 1 but:
    (1d20)[10]

Spoiler
    Show
    "I suggest we run. All of those will probably be possessed and I can't Mind Control them. But first, Doggy sic 'em!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Attack the group over there and do not attack me or any of the people around me. Aim to kill."

OOC: MindControl the closest dog to attack the possessed

"You, Adam, that's your name right? Can you make your wall selective? So we can run through it leaving the dogs and people on the wrong side?"

Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John helps Gary to his feet saying, I was planning a big dammed hero moment, but this wall kinda ruined it. firing a shot at the hooded figure.

(1d20+2)[10] SONIC
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-19 at 10:56 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

9. - Top - End - #489

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "You would be that Eagelus' owner then? And why would you SHOOT A WALL at full power? Even if it had worked and the wall wasn't Incorporeal to an energy bolt the exploding wall would have been worse."

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I tried smashing it, didn't work. Sue me. And come on, this thing hits about as hard as a sub machine gun, I just wanted to see if I could damage the wall. I don't own him, I work with him.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-19 at 11:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Hm. So it is true. Very well!” He rises. “But I shall he return!” He says, grinning as he leaves.

Crazydude, Necron, C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The command is contrary to the beast’s nature. It ignores Gary. Not that he could actually issue it, as he is injured and stunned.

The hooded figure easily dodges John’s shot, and points not at the two of them…

…But at Eagleaus. The bird shudders for a moment, but then flies back around, opening it’s beak and releasing a sonic screech back at the hooded figure. It covers its ears, but doesn’t seem terribly effected.

Annnddd all the people start shooting in the general direction of the three of them. Melvin looses a lightning bolt, frying one.

Behind the group, Veronica screams as a beast tags her across the arm with its claws.

The wall is dissipating as its progenitor had his concentration broken.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-19 at 11:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Look, run first talk later. Eagleaus, cover our retreat, I'm going to return a favor, Follow me! John says, running through the vanishing wall to support Veronica, taking another pot shot at the hooded figure.

(1d20+2)[3] SONICY!

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John practically falls into the bed before remembering the shaodw boy's advice. He goes and unfolds the colorful star that the red headed victorian had given to him.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    {OOC: Westward? How does that relate to the direction Haj is going when moving towards the tower?}

Hajime stiffens a little as the strange girl drops from the ceiling, then relaxes a little as she speaks. That, and Mufasa seems not to mind her company. Probably because she had a better name for him. Which is a few points in her favor. Still, she didn't look all that trustworthy. Probably some sort of drug addiction? Didn't hurt to be friendly, though.

"Uh, I guess so. I'm Hajime." He walks over, placing his one hand on Mufasa's back and extending the other towards the new girl. "Pleased to meet you."
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

15. - Top - End - #495

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfolding the note, he finds a message:

There are others like you who have been freed, wandering the city. Look for Theo Silbern, he is the greatest friend you could have.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, northward, you were heading west.

She dully looks up. “M’name’s Verda.” She mumbles, sitting beside Mufasa and petting his mane.

16. - Top - End - #496

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo Silbern? That name sounds really familiar. I think I'm a class with him...
    As he is searching for theo on the university database, john thinks about the man that attacked him earlier
    He wanted to kill me, and it seemed like he was part of a larger organization which, it would stand to reason, also want to kill me. I need an alias , and a disguise, if I ever want to use my powers in public. other wise, said organization could kill me in my sleep.

17. - Top - End - #497

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj lets it go, starts trying to think of something in reply... Then something clicks. Back when this whole thing was getting started, Big Jimmy had dropped a name. An unusual name, unusual enough to stick with Haj. His eyes narrow a little bit as he looks over the sallow woman once again.

"Verda? From that gang, the gatos?"

18. - Top - End - #498

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    The search brings up a fair-haired junior with a tight smile, double-majoring in business and criminal justice.

He lives on-campus, in a nicer dorm for richer kids.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    She frowns for a second. “I was… Not anymore. Most of them are dead.”

19. - Top - End - #499

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so I need to keep my identity private. because, well, the red headed Victorian who appears to be insane might not give the best advice. I could use that costume my mom packed me for Halloween...
    As john pulls out the luchador mask, he is glad for the spanish class he took in high school. Maybe he can't speak fluently. Or even decently. But he can pepper in some words to make it see convincing.
    He goes out behind the dumpster, puts on the mask, takes off his shirt, puts on the athletic shorts that go with it, sticks the note in onw of the nearly invisible pockets, and proceeds to walk towards Theo's address

20. - Top - End - #500

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was... That sucked. Man. Hajime didn't think much of the gangs and stuff, but having most of that one be dead? Something serious was going down. Jimmy had said that there were gatos working with skins. Maybe that was after the skins took over? Whatever. Gang politics weren't his problem right now. He was here for something else.

"Rumor had it you guys were kidnapping kids a little while back." Haj did his best to stay stony as he pulled the picture from his pocket, folding it so that she wouldn't see him standing next to Karasu. "How about this kid?"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness: (1d20+4)[16]

Adam thought he had grown a bit more accustomed to this new weird world by now, having dealt with 'Old One Eye', and his lackey, and the blood-crying guys, He thought that, and then this happened. His mind was awash with chaos as reality seemed to be breaking down in front of him. "Is that a giant metal eagle? And now there's like magic dogs? What the hell just shot me?! Now there's more random people with guns? Was that Veronica over there?! Enough of this nonsense!" Adam then places another Illusion over himself, this time just matching the background, turning invisible as he tries to escape the hectic battle.

OOC: Assuming I don't horribly fail my save, I'll disappear and try to get out of here.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

22. - Top - End - #502

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    It’s a nice 5-story dorm, nice lawncare and whatnot, conveniently distanced from the main buildings.

And Theo’s dorm is on the 5th floor.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Karasu Gordon. Kidnapped. Wasn’t us.” She coughs violently. “It was Vain, controlling them. You… don’t get it. This started… before your brother… Vain is a lord of order… and Tye… a lord of chaos… Chaos has come to claim this world for itself and chose it’s champions accordingly. Bluesky…. Is only the beginning. Order and Chaos will fight across the planet until one wins. To circumvent this, the two decided to dominate the gangs of the city and attack the champions of either side before the war could begin. Like… a chess match. They didn’t tell the other lords of chaos and order… because they’ve been ancient enemies for a very long time. This war… has become personal for them.” She hacks into her fist. “I was claimed by Tye. I am one of his minions… I was hoping… to be like you… But for some reason… None of the lords of chaos… would… give me power…”

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    In the chaos, Adam disappears and runs off away from the fight. He runs out around the corner of the building, where he finds the business man sitting on a bench, idly reading a newspaper.

Staring at him out of the corner of his eyes. Or… Past him? He’s waiting for something, that’s to be sure.

C_O, Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

The red-eyed man disappears in the firefight.

GRMM

As they regroup and attempt to run, the two hooded figures suddenly surge forward, almost faster than the naked eye can see, blocking their path. They each extend a hand towards the group.

Eagleaus shrieks and flies off in panic, though Flutterhawk stands her ground.

Wdwndwobfwekrfe!” She shouts. “Wefnwfufpaodneifwnf!”

She’s babbling and confused. She slowly but surely sinks to the ground, babbling incoherently. Suddenly, a young man followed by a humanoid shadows runs down the street, roaring at the top of his lungs, firing a sawed-off shotgun at the escapees. The forces of chaos press forward, attacking the group.

Reality dims around the disciples of Order as a voice booms within their minds and a vision appears.

Madness is growing in strength, lashing out at Order. This is not how it should be. Madness cannot prevail.

The words carry as if on the wind, lashing through the minds of each child of Order, passing from one to the next, echoing. High atop a skyscraper in the center of the city, a man stands tall, arms crossed as he looks out over the cityscape. Dressed in outdated nomadic clothing, his long dark hair whips in the violent air as his expression turns grim.

Order must make its move. No longer shall it simply react.

The man’s hand begin to glow, softly at first, and then with a blinding intensity. The very air around him seems to lose focus and color, all light bending around his form. Outstretching his arms, the glow spreads from his palms, disappearing under the cover of the rough clothing that he wears. With loud crackling noises, the ground at his feet begins to mimic the glow as well.

Silence.

A humming fills the air abruptly as a swarm of small objects appear at his feet, flying up from the skyscraper itself it would seem. The humming grows louder, until it is nearly ear-splitting in strength. Moving upwards, the insectoids spiral quickly before dispersing, small clouds flying off in different directions. Where they had been only moments before, eight golden sphinxes now claw their way out of the skyscraper’s roof, their wings stretching and flexing as they fully bring themselves into reality. Moving with calculated steps, they begin to prowl the rooftop, looking onwards with fierce gazes. The call of an eagle fills the air as four more of the large mechanical birds fly upwards, appearing out of nowhere. One settles upon the man’s shoulder while the other three circle overhead.

The glowing begins to die down, but stops as a horrendous rending noise is heard. The man’s scowl turns into a small grin. Large blades cut through the light, humanoid bodies pulled behind them. Standing slowly, two mechanoid warriors stand, facing the man, their scythe-like arms held apart from their bodies. The man nods to them, and they slowly begin to make their way towards the stairs down from the roof.

Go forth and conquer.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-19 at 08:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John decides that scaling the wall, dressed as a Mexican wrestler would be stupid.
    So he walks into the dorm. Dressed as Mexican wrestler. Specifically a Mexican wrestler the package proclaimed to 'EL DIABLO MAGNIFICO!'

24. - Top - End - #504

Zombie

(1d20+3)[9]
    Nullify check on the Cop to beat they possession, along with any magical buffs going on.

Sorry everyone

25. - Top - End - #505

OrcBarbarianGuy

James_S_W:

Spoiler
    Show
    He presumptively knocks on the front door of the dorm, and a scruffy looking fellow opens the door.

“… Sup?”

C_O, Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    The cop suddenly starts shaking uncontrollably, his features morphing, melting, shifting, until he looks completely different, a grey-skinned human with short-buzzed hair dressed in rags, a blank look on his face.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-19 at 09:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well there goes my Possession theory right out the window.
    Time to run, and why did I get the worst powerset? Seriously, you can't Mindcontrol these people/things."

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #507

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John looks at him and says, in possibly the worst Spanish accent ever "Hola senor. A redheaded Victorian man told me that you might be an ally in my quest. So, are you the Theo of which he speaks?"

28. - Top - End - #508

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime sat and listened, the stony exterior dropping for an expression suiting either slack-jawed awe or complete disbelief as Verda told him a little of what was going on.

"Not so sure the power is worth the trouble. So... this whole thing is a titanic battle between order and chaos? I've been chasing these people around for two days, and no one bothers to tell me but you? I guess... After talking to Tye, it makes sense. Dude doesn't tell me much of anything."

Haj stalks away a few steps away from Mufasa and Verda, running his hands through his hair as he tries to work out the pattern.

"So, Vain and Tye have a lot of history, so they go grudge match over Bluesky. I'm not Tye's only asset, 'cuz there was the man of many faces, or whatever. But could the other lords have champions? Some kid talked about a Lady of Mercy, but Tye said he worked for Vain. Had some of the same power, too. So is the Lady of Mercy a face for Vain, or an underling? Or another lord?"

29. - Top - End - #509

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Melvin tosses a lightning bolt and growls. “It’s a many-faced man! Changeling! One was following me around the city yesterday. Besides, didn’t the Lady of Mercy say you could mind control the servants since she was helping? You’ve barely tried!

James_S_W:
    Spoiler
    Show

The scruffy fellow stares for a moment. “No bro, I’m not Theo. I’m Chuck. Theo’s out of the dorm right now.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Verda coughs. “You weren’t told… because the war takes months to prepare. There are traditions, rules... Things are spiraling out of control. Tye… told me a lot… he put a lot of chaos energy in me, used me as his eyes and ears… And now… now…” Tears roll down her cheeks. “I just wanted to help make a free world, where the strong could finally just grow and grow and get even stronger… A world without fear… Power… to make everyone who could take it strong… your loved ones… would be strong… no fear… no fear… Tye… he promised me… no…” She sits back against a wall. “Listen, kid. Vain’s at the top of the tower. That’s why I’m here, to make sure no one went up to challenge him. He’s-

There’s a loud peal of thunder outside, and Verda’s head jerks. “He’s preparing the counterattack. You… have to get out of here… They’ll kill you… Tye… isn’t evil… he’s just… focused… he wants us to be free… to have a free world… Can you imagine it, kid? Can you imagine… a freer… world..?” Her head lolls back against the wall and her eyes close. Mufasa snuffles around her neck and sits back heavily, howling mournfully.

30. - Top - End - #510

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Damn. Have you any idea whence he shall return? Answer truthfully, or else EL DIABLO MAGNIFICO must be forced to dole out justice"