New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #721
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam turns to the bus driver with an embarrassed smile. "Uh, sorry chief." He steps off the bus and looks at the business man. "It's L'linek, right? Passe? Heh, super powered and super pretentious. So you're gonna give me a ride now?"
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-10-28 at 12:30 PM.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Catch you later.” She hangs up.

Eagleaus bobs his head. “In a fair fight, you should be able to stand up to him, but he has a tracker beast, like the one that killed your partner. It’s ripping apart a Sphinx as we speak.”

Melvin tucks his laptop away. “I’ll get my parents to safety if you hold him off.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime snarls in distaste and brings swings his foot around, slamming his heel into the face of the sphinx, smashing it into pieces. The machine wriggles for a few more minutes, and then falls dead. Mufasa backs off slowly, growling at the machine as if to tell it to stay down.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    L’Linek smiles modestly. “Well, when the entire city is going to hell, not very many people are willing to chauffeur smart-mouthed brats to their destinations.” He leads Adam to a nice-looking sedan. “Get in. The university, I presume?”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-28 at 12:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Eagleaus, how many more Sphinx's are there? Can you get one of them to fight the tracker beast while we take him down? Melvin, I'll need your number if we want to pull this.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Correct. Ya know, agent of chaos or not, there's no need to be rude." Adam gets in the car.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2013-02-27 at 08:07 AM.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    With the machine finally down, Haj takes a few seconds to calm his breathing, and retract his claws. Somewhere inside, he recognized just how tired he was. Apparently, fighting for your life really took it out of you. Also, he realized that someone would probably be coming to check out the fallen machines. Maybe that would be a good chance to finally talk to someone. However, that wouldn't be their first instinct. Which made hiding the best choice he could come up with right now. So, he did. Ducking behind a row of houses, Hajime slid underneath someone's pool deck, waving Mufasa in with him. In the late afternoon shadows, he should be pretty hard to see, while still being in sight of the sphinx.

{OOC: Take 10 on stealth for 18, if I can. Otherwise, (1d20+8)[22].}
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #726

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    We have seven more sphinxes, I’ll pull two to give you back-up.”

John and Melvin trot down the stairs. “Mom, Dad, we need to leave, right now.”

The two are sitting at the kitchen table. “What- What’s going on?” asks his mother.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He starts the car and pulls out onto the street. “I am under no obligation to be nice to you. The only reason I’m here is because I was told to be here.”

He frowns. “He has a message for you.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime and Mufasa sneak back into the shadows… and wait. Two more sphinxes begin circling around, but seem to be waiting for something.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John morphs his arm cannon is plain view of the Grodens saying, Well, some jerk is probably coming here to try his hand at killing all of us, I'm holding him off while you three get to safely, any questions?

OOC: goodnight

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 12:46 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

8. - Top - End - #728

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Great. More sphinxes. It seemed that whoever was coming was being smart, and looking for a fight. Which is exactly why Haj hadn't wanted to start off with destroying stuff. Now he'd have a hard time even making a run for it. Still, having both himself and Mufasa together didn't seem like very good odds. If whatever was coming had something explosive, it would be better if they weren't together. So, carefully timing his movements around the sphinxes, Haj left the tracker beast behind and skirted the house, finding another hiding spot. One that afforded a little more mobility.

{OOC: More stealth checks! (1d20+8)[27]}

9. - Top - End - #729

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Their eyes widen. “No sir.”

Melvin herds them out to the car. “Putting some distance in between us, just in case.”

Eagleaus swoops in. “Let’s go, the Sphinxes are waiting for us.”

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mufasa whines quietly as he elaves, but quickly hushes up. Hajime slithers and crawls, hiding in a blind spot atop an oddly angled house.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Heh, somehow it always amuses me that while you guys go parading about as 'spreaders of freedom', you still act like perfect little soldiers. So what's One-Eye want?"

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sure, fly me there says John as he walks out the door. He continues Okay, fly me in, let me get off a few shots at him, then drop me behind something heavy which you will then tell me where to throw. sphinxes go head to head with the tracker. Good plan?

OOC: Got a few more posts in me.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 01:07 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Finding his vantage point suitable, Hajime hunkered down to wait, looking for suitable escape routes. He and Mufasa couldn't really run for it, not with the sphinxes flying about. He might be able to make it into a sewer pipe, but the tracker beast was to big. Maybe if he could find some sort of drainage system... If there was a car about, he might be able to hijack it for a bit. He knew how to hotwire, in theory, but it would take to long.

As the different theories whizzed around in his head, he realized just how much he was depending on having a rational discussion with whoever was coming. Still, he kept his eyes open for options, and any new arrivals.

13. - Top - End - #733

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    GRMM

He rolls his eyes. “Chaos is the survival of the fittest. Lord One-Eye is far more powerful than you or I, so he gives the orders.”

He spins the wheel. “The reason this is happening is because idiotic little twits such as yourself have been too slow. Madness has crept into their heads with nowhere to go, so they all just decided to run riot. There is a leader somewhere in that mess, but we’re using the term loosely. It’s just the most dominant personality within their part of the chaos web.”

He sighs. “Long story short, it’s usually left to guys like you to take that dominant spot and take control, leading the armies. However, none of our candidates were ready in time and the whole thing went haywire. We don’t particularly care, but the untamed madness will spread like wildfire from here and everything is going to fall into complete anarchy, which is generally bad for you pathetic little weaklings.”

L’linek looks at Adam for a moment. “One-Eye is giving you the opportunity to take control.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus clutches John’s shoulders and lifts him into the air. They fly for a few minutes, then land at the ruined corpse of the Sphinx, the metal armor corroded and chunks strewn across the asphalt.

Eagleaus peers around. “I can’t see them. They’ve either left… or are hiding.”

The Sphinxes land as well, protectively circling John.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    A man rides in, an eagle clutching him by the shoulders and dropping him off by the ruined Sphinx, the other two landing down around them. The man has one arm transformed into a cannon-like thing, but it’s hard to tell what it is exactly.

They’re talking amongst themselves, staring out across the rooftops.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yippie, ambush, that's fun, especially when you're the one being ambushed. Anyone here has his combat capabilities? Is he a melee, or ranged combatant? Say's John, preparing his arm cannon to fire.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright. Seemed like everyone was here. Time to try that talking thing. Which had been so very successful in the past.

"Can we try a rational discussion this time? Momentary truce rather then trying to kill me just for existing?"

Okay, so maybe he was a little frustrated, but he wasn't completely stupid. Rather then waiting around to let them try and follow his voice, Haj silently slid off the back of the house, keeping it between him and the guy with the Samus gun arm thing.

16. - Top - End - #736

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee, as far as we know. The Sphinxes and myself are armed with sonic cannons, much like yourself.”

A voice calls out from the houses.

"Can we try a rational discussion this time? Momentary truce rather then trying to kill me just for existing?"

The sphinxes roar angrily, but wait for John’s command. “Remember what happened last time we got slowed down by talking?” mutters Eagleaus.

C_O, roll notice.

From here on out, you two can handle it yourselves.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait, so this isn't you guys creating all this chaos? Then who the hell is it? And please, no cryptic non-specific answers that you're fully aware I'm not going to be able to understand. And do I need to point out the irony of the lords of chaos asking me to take control of a chaotic situation?"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, but our job is to slow him down, talking is perfect. Let's play this out. Eagleaus, does he have any reinforcements incoming? John mutters back to Eagleaus.

Maybe, but it's very hard to trust someone you can't see! John shouts back.

Notice
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+1:
    12,+1
    Total:13

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 01:45 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    “The mere presence of a Lord of Chaos can cause insanity if they choose to drop their barriers. This affected gangs, which affected the police. They became part of the hivemind known as the chaos web, we’re all a part of it… Except for you. Their part however is more rudimentary, incapable of the higher cognitive processes necessary to be useful. So a dominant personality is introduced to lead and direct. One of the Lords of Chaos could do it, but it’d be a waste of resources, along with the fact that too much exposure would just as certainly kill the thralls.”

They slide smoothly past a scene of two insane cops beating a homeless man to death. “And we’re not asking. We’re offering. And even if you do accept, one of the other candidates can just as easily take advantage of this opportunity while you prattle on about how morally superior you are and then just kill you because you’re a potential threat to their supremacy.” He smiles grimly. “You aren’t the only one out there, and by far you’re the weakest. This is a gesture of mercy.”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    He’s come out here alone. If we flush him out, there’s no one to rescue him.”

And you fail the notice check.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Which is unusual, very unusual. From personal experience, chaos comes in packs. Also, talking will flush him out. Can't hit what ya can't see.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't you watch the news? The last time I stepped into the open to talk, I got hit by lightning." Hajime paused a moment, his voice softening. "If you see Melvin, tell him I'm sorry. Didn't want things to go down like that."

GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime sprinted silently to the next building, not worried about sound but just keeping out of sight. {Stealth: (1d20+8)[24]}

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, so you're that guy. How about a compromise? You and your pet step out in the open and I nor my friends over here, shoot you, for the time being.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 02:01 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus looks at him nervously. “John, if the warriors get involved, they won’t listen to you, they’ll kill him on the spot. You either need to fight or send him away.”

24. - Top - End - #744
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Right, so this is your guys' fault. That figures. 'Except for me'? Would that have something to do with the 'hole in my mind' that monk guy was talking about?" Adam gazes out the window with wide eyes as he takes in the horrific scenes passing by. "So," he gulps, "who are these other candidates?

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Eagleaus, I need him out in the open, his skill are suited to ambush attacks no, I need him to trust me enough to step out in the open. So stand down Sphinxes, when he walks out, get into position to attack him from all sides.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 02:12 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #746

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj almost took him up on that. He hated that he couldn't just talk to anyone without having some sort of stupid Mexican standoff. However, he also realized that with two sphinxes, that eagle thing, and a gun with a friggin' gun for his arm, he and Mufasa were pretty well screwed. Not a good plan.

"That doesn't seem like such good odds to me. Especially considering how very upstanding every dude from Order I've met has been." Hajime couldn't keep the sarcasm from his voice, but he he did pause to try and keep the tiredness from showing. "Counter-offer. Either your robots back up out of sight, and its just us two, or... Or you tell me everything you know about a kid. Karasu Gorden. Kidnapped by your guys two days ago. Held by a dude named Vain. Guess he's your lord, or whatever."

27. - Top - End - #747

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Never said it wasn’t. What happens next however is up to whoever wins.”

He pauses. “I have no idea what you mean by a ‘hole in your mind’. Perhaps a telepath did it, but it wasn’t us. I’ve never heard of anything like that being done.” He frowns. “And what do you mean? The monk in that bus never even said a word to you about anything like that. At least… I don’t remember it. Can’t ask, he’s dead now.”

He stares out the windshield, silent for a few minutes. Adam can see mixed emotions playing out, confusion, consternation, frustration. This obviously bothered him.

“And as for your competitors… There’s the son of the mob boss, the strongest of you all, there’s the feral boy, searching for the brother stolen from him by order, there’s the nice lad who’s shadow can turn your brain into so much jelly… though he’s currently incapacitated.”

He pauses. “Then there’s the new recruit, who single-handedly killed a mob enforcer with one blow. Nice kid.”

C_O, Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The sphinxes and the eagles back off a bit, but aren't going to leave.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-10-28 at 02:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sure step out, and I'll tell you everything I know about those two.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime flipped his options back and forth for a minute, before realizing that he kinda had to take the first step on for cooperation. Well, someone had to, anyways. Stepping out from behind the house, he kept his body tensed to get out of the way instantly, since betrayal was probably imminent.

"Here I am, dude. Now, where are they keeping my brother?" Haj could barely suppress the growl that came along with memories of Karasu.

Spoiler
    Show
    FULL DEFENSE. LOTS.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know, in Order, we're all mushrooms. But what I can gather is that he's alive, well and being trained by Vain. Let's change the deal up a bit, You ask one question, I ask one question. You first. John say's, training his cannon on Hajime.

Spoiler
    Show
    TAKE AIM!

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-10-28 at 02:41 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show