New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

Guys, if I send you information in a spoiler box, you have to do the same in turn. Please edit your posts accordingly.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-13 at 07:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, I will tell dad the great news." Melvin is very excited and darts out of the room to get home as quickly as he can.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

3. - Top - End - #63

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

She twists a lock of hair in her fingers. “Er… Yeah. I just want to study all these worldviews… Figure out what is the answer to all of this, y’know?” She opens the stairwell doors, and the two walk down the hallways. “My mom is a nurse, so I’ve seen the effect death can have on people… I’m just searching for truth, I guess.”

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The shadow doesn’t move.

I… am known as the Mindwalker… This Shadow is my gift to you… Name it whatever you wish… Call on it when you are in danger…

The shadow reaches out, past Crypt’s hand and touches his brow. The world explodes into light and fades to darkness.

He has fallen unconscious.

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Do not forget to spoiler your posts from now on, including your previous one.

The eyes have disappeared, and Gary is now alone. No answers return.

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Melvin goes through the hospital halls, he passes by a surly-looking high schooler favoring his shoulder.

He arrives home after a while, finding his father sitting at the kitchen table with his face in his hands, a glass of scotch sitting on the table.

“Hello, Melvin…” He mutters quietly.

---

At the BCPD station, rookie cop John Adams tiredly stuffs his gear into his locker. It’s been a long day working the beat, what with the city’s gangs getting more aggressive and erratic in their outings.

His partner, Shane Salazar, pulls an energy drink out of the community mini-fridge. Popping the tab, he takes a long gulp. “It’s crazy how brazen the gangs have gotten in the last few weeks. Muggings, turf wars, murders… It’s like the city is being turned upside down.”

As they walk out of the locker room, an intercom blares.

“Code 315, Code 315, there has been a report of arson on 12th and Corbin, any available units respond.”

Shane shrugs and takes another sip. “’S not our problem.”

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    "Dad, you'll never believe it. Mom is better. You need to go see her." Melvin blurts out at his father with vigor. He then thinks about the agreement that he made, to do something right.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

As the intercom blurted out the request for help, John closes his eyes for a few seconds and makes a decision. He runs back into the locker room and grabs his gear saying as he exits still putting them on, Sorry Shane, but it is. You do know we are still on the list of available units. tossing Shane his gear. You really do need a better combination than one, two, three, four. Also, this time I'll drive. he continues, walking to the squad car.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I'm making crap up. I have no idea how this works.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt goes unconscious. (nothing much else to say ATM)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #67

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:
    Spoiler
    Show

Melvin's father stares at him for a long second, taking in his son's look of conviction. He suddenly bolts up, grabbing his suit jacket and his keys.

"Watch over the house, I'll be back later."

And he's out the door.

Captain_Obvious:

Shane catches his gear, grumbling, "Yeah, yeah whatever."

The squad car revves to life and Shane flips the sirens, and you tear out of the parking lot and head towards the scene of the crime!

Spoiler
    Show
    You're doing fine, this is just a little bit of filler to establish your character before we get to the main event.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, sorry I have to put the brakes on a little, and that means putting some characters to bed until the next "day".

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin will go to his room and try to practice with his new power.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam stifled a chuckle and a comment about how cliche that sounded. "You're not going to get anywhere with her by being snarky Adam, just stay friendly and polite." he thought. "Wow, that's kinda deep. So where's your mom work?"

10. - Top - End - #70

Zombie

Gary leaves, hurrying faster through the streets as he tries to analyze what exactly happened
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #71

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin sits cross-legged in the center of the room, a coin resting on his palm. As he focuses, the coin floats up into the air, bending and twisting to form new shapes. With one finger, he sends a bolt of electricity through it, pulling the coin apart to guide the lightning through the air, casting a purplish glow on the room.

Breathing in and out slowly, he sends a stronger bolt of electricity out, which blasts the coin into numerous smaller droplets which float about the room. Surprised by the sudden shock, Melvin loses control of his powers, causing all of the metallic objects in the room to float and revolve around him.

CrazyDude:

"She works as an ER nurse at the hospital downtown." Veronica explains.

You come to the class room door. "Well... thanks." she says half-heartedly. "Do.... I was thinking... Maybe we could get coffee tomorrow? Or lunch?"

She shrinks back on herself in nervousness.

Necron:

Gary makes it home unscathed, where his two little sisters run up and cling to him, giving him tight hugs. "Welcome back!" they cry happily. "How was the first day back? Didja see Theo and Wendy??"
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-13 at 06:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

"WHAT!?!" Hajime's eyes go wide as he tries to absorb what gramps was saying. "Get somewhere safe, be there in a second."

Slamming the phone back down, Haj sprinted out the door, barely remembering to close it behind him. This couldn't be happening. Not today. Sure, gangs were pretty bad in this part of town, but nobody targeted the shop. Nobody cared. And abducting Karasu? What was that about?

Thoughts skipped around inside his head as he sprinted down the street. It was a half mile to the shop, and he could cover that without slowing. His martial arts training took over as he controlled his breathing and ran like he'd never run in his life. Most obstacles and people were dodged around if he could avoid them, if he couldn't go around them, they were shoved out of the way. He had to make sure his family was alright.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

13. - Top - End - #73

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

Running down the streets, it doesn't take Hajime long to reach the shop. A firetruck and a few police cars have already arrived, but the shop is still burning. His grandparents are sitting outside the tentative perimeter, his grandmother weeping into her hands.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam looked up for a moment, pretending to think about his schedule; as if he hadn't already made up his mind. "I'm game for lunch tomorrow. How bout I meet you here, right after this class?"

15. - Top - End - #75

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hajime ran over to his grandparents, breathing heavily from the run. At least the fire was contained. Wrapping his arms around grandma to try and comfort her, he looked at gramps. For half a second, he couldn't think of anything to say, then he managed to choke out,
    "What happened?"

16. - Top - End - #76

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude

Actually, this class is at the end of the day, so that doesn't lend itself well to lunch :P I shall make things work for the greater good though.

"After my math class and your English class, got it." she smiles. "thanks... Adam."

She ducks into the classroom as more people come.

Bladesmith edit: never mind, I got it down faster than I thought I could via mobile.
    His grandfather shakes his head numbly. "I- I don't really know. Your brother got here from school, then this gang of ruffians showed up... Had a weird look in their eyes, weird grins... One pulled out a Molotov cocktail and smashed it on the counter, lit everything on fire. In the chaos... They grabbed your brother and ran. *They could be anywhere by now. "
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-13 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam smiled to himself as he casually walked back to his dorm. "Not bad for a first day, not bad at all. He heads inside his dorm and opens up his laptop, doing random crap on the internet for the rest of the night.

18. - Top - End - #78

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hajime wasn't quite sure what to say to that. That it would be alright? He didn't know that, and it was their shop that was burning. That he'd find whoever did this? How was he going to do that? He wasn't really familiar with the gangs around, except for their occasional appearances at school. It was all one great big hopeless mess. It sucked. Hardcore.

But he couldn't say that, either. He couldn't give up that easily. He was only one dude, but someone was going to regret messing with his family.

"Don't worry, grandma." He hugged her a little tighter. "It'll be alright. We'll find Karasu, and bring him home safe."

19. - Top - End - #79

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bladesmith:

As the family sits together commiserating, a police officer walks up to them.

"I'm sorry, but we have no idea where they took the boy. They could be anywhere." The officer nervously fiddles with his hands and walks away. Hajime's grandmother moans and weeps.

His grandfather turns to him. "Hajime.. You are young... But you must go out and find your brother. He is your flesh and blood. You must at least try."

He pulls his cane over to himself, and twists the handle. With a click, he pulls out a thin, finely sharpened blade a few inches. "Take this, it's a family heirloom."

CrazyDude:

Spoiler
    Show

Your patience is rewarded

Long into the night, after Adam goes to sleep, he begins to dream...

He stands alone atop a ruined skyscraper, looking out across the decayed husk that once was Bluesky City. Not far away a man sits dressed in black rags, his mouth stitched shut and blood seeping from one ruined eye. Adam begins to hear a thousand whispering voices, with only one loud enough to be heard, though only barely. He cannot move nor speak. "Adam... I've been waiting for you. You have been chosen. Chosen to bring chaos and to show the world the true nature of the cosmos. I gift you with the ability to let them see what you want them to see. After all, if they see it woth their eyes, then it must be true, mustn't it? Seeing is believing..."

The man looks like he's laughing behind the stitches for a second before he looks up with his good eye and the whispering resumes, "Use it for personal gain, use it to run your city, use it however you see fit... but there will be others. This is a war and you are one of my soldiers. Some people will want to protect the world. Torment them and destroy them, let no one stand in your way"

He rises from his position and glares, "Now I've wasted enough time here, begone." His hand extends unnaturally from his sleeve, alighting in unholy blessing upon Adam's brow.

And the world goes dark.

Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-13 at 11:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Zombie

Gary grins and scoops the girls up "Oh sure, first thing you say is Theo. Ignore your wonderful, marvelous God of a brother for his best friend."
    kissing their cheeks he lets them down and messes their hair up
    "My day was fine, the usual of messing with people. I solved your birthday present too, thank you for it."

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

This is squad car 42, we're en-route to the scene. John, says, making another turn as the police sirens blare. Arriving at the scene, John steps out of the car and takes a quick gander at the scene.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam shook awake suddenly, breathing heavily and sweating slightly. "Man, I'll have to add that to my list of more ****ed up dreams." He got up, and began his morning ritual for the day, unable to shake an eerie feeling of dread. Or was unable to, at least, until he thought about his 'date' with Veronica today. With that in mind, he headed off to class in a relatively good mood.

23. - Top - End - #83

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

The sisters look excitedly at each other. "Our birthday present??" They start hopping up and down around Gary. "We whanna know! We whanna know! We whanna know!"

As they repeat their mantra, his parents, Neil and Gabriela stroll into the foyer. "Quite the welcoming committee, eh son?" Neil says with a wink.

C_O

As John arrives at the scene, he sees a small shop lit up in a blaze, firefighters trying to push it back. The bereaved family sits off to the side, consoling themselves, and a senior officer walks over to John and Shane.

"This is a huge mess. Turns out the arsonists also kidnapped their grandson and ran off. I want you two to go northwest and help set up a perimeter."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin, with a surprised look, tries to regain his control and end the power.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

how large a perimeter sir? John replies.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Zombie

Gary smiles down at his sisters
    "Well since you two didn't like my Python idea I thought I'd let you decide. One free teenage wardrobe. The whole set of clothes. But nothing really bad. I don't want my little sisters to be little teases. No matter how grown up you think you are." Gary looks sternly at the 12yr olds before turnig to his mum and her boyfriend.

"Hey Neil, Mum." Gary greets his mother and her boyfriend, neither his deadbeat dad or the twins deceased father but his mums newest romance. "How are things? And please no gory details this time. My Brain can't take more bleach after last week and the Thin Walls."
    He mock-shudders, smirking to ruin the effect

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #87

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    The scattered objects settle to the ground slowly. Melvin stands in his still room, electricity still dancing at his fingertips.

C_O

The officer points you in the direction you're supposed to go. "100 ft. Canvas the alleys, make sure you don't miss anything."

Necron:

Dana and Darian shriek in delight and run around their older brother, intermittently hugging him.

Gabriela gives a pained smile at the jab, while Neil grins, his eyes shooting daggers. "Gee, kiddo, sure you can afford that, y'know, with a college kid's finances?"
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-14 at 10:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, no time like the present to see what I can do to help out. Melvin leaves the house and takes to the streets to walk for a while to see if he can help anyone.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Sir yes sir John replies. Moving in the direction the officer pointed at, he motions to Shane to follow him. As they begin to approach the location, John draws his gun and torchlight, motioning to Shane to do the same. and begins to canvas the area.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming police gear is standard stuff. Torch, baton, stuff like that.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-09-14 at 10:43 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Zombie

"I can make it stretch. I'm not hurting for money, especially when these two are involved. Besides, I did just get a couple Gs from buying then reselling that autographed football. I told you Mum that bloke was about to be signed. It's all in the details, the guy was playing slightly above his average, looking out into the stands between plays, always the one spot about a 1/4 of the way in where there was a man who looked a bit out of place writing.
    Suddenly he is taking more practices, the man shows up a bit more.
    It's all just patterns in the social puzzle."

Sorry everyone