Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The group flies over to the eastern camp, dodging potshots from snipers in buildings.

They arrive, finding a mob surrounding an odd pile of dust and clothes.

Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    A paramedic picks up a piece of the rubble. “… It’s solid rock. How… How did he…”

Suddenly, a group of animal like machines flies in! One that looks like a golden warrior with scythes for arms, 3 winged sphinx machines, and a giant metal eagle. On top of one of the sphinxes rides a man in his mid twenties, looking battleworn and haggard.

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Say hi!

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He gives Adam a bored look. "No. I think I've set out my offer clearly enough, I don't need my decisions questioned. This conversation is tiring, the offer is final."

Desmond pops his head in. “Sir, the next guest has arrived. Shall I send him in?”

He puts a hand up. “In a minute, we will be concluding business here shortly.”

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam responds sarcastically, "Well sorry to have taken up so much of your valuable time." He turns his head as Desmond walks in. "What, I'm not your only 'candidate'?"
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter looked up at the medic in surprise. "This isn't normal, right?" It was the only thing Peter could get out of his mouth. He wanted to stand up and get away from the pile of dust. He could not bare the thought of breathing any of it in his lungs. The thought grossed him out. But Peter was frozen, too freaked out to make a move.

At that point, a bunch of helicopters and INSANE-AS-HELL ANIMAL ROBOTS showed up. Peter just stared, wide-eyed and confused. He thought this was the end for him; he thought he was going to die.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-18 at 01:37 AM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John gets off the Sphinx as he looks at the pile of dust saying, What happened here? looking at the pile of dust with both shock and curiosity.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-18 at 12:22 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

5. - Top - End - #965

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Zdude:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Paramedic shrugs, taking a few steps back from the entourage. “We’re not sure. He apparently turned to stone… Or something. Definitely not natural.” He glances at the machines and their leader as he says that.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The temperature in the room noticeably drops, water condensing and freezing across the glass and the windows, geometric spider webs reaching out. "Yes, it is quite a waste if you didn't even listen to me mention there was another. I'll take that as a refusal?” He replies testily.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John winces, keeping his eye trained at the pile of dust he says, Eagleaus, know anything from Chaos that could cause this?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Turned out the animal robots and their tamer weren't enemies. This calmed Peter down, though the young man got up. He returned to DJ's side. "Crap. This is getting unreal, man," Peter said in hushed tones. "Freakin' supernatural crap happening right here."
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-18 at 11:37 AM.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    That... That was something. Haj's eyes narrowed as he tried to see if Verda was just pulling his leg. He had an inkling of what she was getting at, but it seemed kinda rediculous.

"An audition? For what? Their next big musical production?"

{OOC: Sense motive: (1d20+2)[19]}
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

9. - Top - End - #969

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus begins to speak. “Not that I know of, but with chaos you can’t-

He abruptly stops, his eyes shifting to a deep red color, and he turns towards Pete.

What… is your name?” The voice is deep and harsh, like a desert wind that erodes stone to dust.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    She giggles.

What do you think happens if order or chaos wins? They all just leave? No, someone gets to keep this gem. The auditions… are for who will become the next Lord of Order or Chaos.”

She smiles. “Or Lady.”

As far as Hajime can tell, she's being truthful.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well I didn't know you had the other guy freaking here right now. I mean, it just doesn't seem right to kill someone just for more power. Surely there must be some way to just cure these people's insanity."
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-11-18 at 09:57 PM.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dammit, new champion then, hey Eagleaus, John stops abruptly and turns to Eagleaus dude, who's talking on the other end?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He turns back to Adam.

"And this is why you don't lead a war.”

He waves a hand out towards the window.

You'd want to give up our soldiers. I told you it was final anyway. No more discussion. Accept or decline."

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus turns an eye to John, still holding the deep red color within them. “I did not ask you to speak, Champion.” The tone comes off as dry and cutting, and the bird’s attention snaps back to Peter, staring at him for a long moment.

Must I repeat my question?” This time, the expectant question comes with an amused undertone.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "No, that's why I don't lead your war. Please don't try to high road me because I'm not willing to start offing people to help achieve your motives." Adam stands up, and moves toward the door. "So fine, give the gig to the other guy. I'll handle things on my own."

14. - Top - End - #974
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    "Um," Peter looked at the crazy monstrosity, "er, um," Peter was sorely tempted to give the creature a false name, "Peter Wilde." Peter, in the end, decided that he didn't want to anger the demon machine. He gave the creature his real name, although looked a little intimidated. Yep, this was insane. Peter was also a little bit curious, but mostly frightened. Yep, mostly frightened.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-19 at 03:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

When Eagleaus turns away, John rolls his eyes and quickly scratches his nose with his middle finger. Waiting "patiently" for the lord on the other end to "hang up"

OOC: Eyup, the "When Can I get my own flashy thingy" scene.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-19 at 05:52 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He looks entirely unimpressed.

"Then go off and get yourself killed. If you should survive and realize you need us, the price will be much higher next time" He looks away.

Desmond opens the door further. “This way, sir.”

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter Wilde,” Eagleaus repeats, appearing to mull over the name as his eyes stay fixed on the boy. “Your city is burning, your people flee, and Chaos would appear to reign supreme. You sit idly by, and yet I sense you would not if you knew the truth. Unto your world a war has come, and you are one of the few that may bring about its end. “ The dark red eyes flash, literally, dry voice seeming to scrape over the gears in the bird’s throat. “Join the ranks of Champions and defend your home.”

His head swivels to fix John in his gaze then, indicating him as a Champion.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam just snorts and heads out. "Hmph, I wonder who the other guy is."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter looked at John, "What?" He didn't understand. Perhaps John as the only human needed to explain things to him. Of course, if things got tough, Peter was known for getting tougher. Except, this was all happening too fast and an INSANE AS HELL ROBOT MONSTER WAS TALKING TO HIM.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John replies to Peter, massaging his forehead saying, Basically, he's recruiting you.

Zdude, read my spoilers.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-11-20 at 05:23 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter looked confused. "Are you the air-force?" It was an honest question. It made some sense in Peter's head, maybe the military had been hiding some new weapons and just released them. Maybe these animals robots were some new technology or aircraft unheard of until now. Maybe a military engineer or scientist watched too much Power Rangers as a child. Peter could not be entirely certain, but he got the idea that these guys were somewhat official in wanting to recruit him.

"Um, maybe," Peter scratched his head, "but I am better suited to a desk job if you are hiring."

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Not really, no. But what I understand is, this entire thing, this entire incident, is part of a proxy war. We're in the cold war, and we ain't America or Russia in this one. The rioting police are working for one faction, they want to destroy civilization as we know it, the other one, these guys want to preserve it. Kinda obvious who the guard and most sane people are siding with.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Desmond leads Adam back out to the foyer, where a younger man in a black tank top and cut up jeans waits, leaning against a wall. He glowers darkly at Adam, and all the shadows seem to be stretching to pool beneath him.

Master Walker, you’re free to join the Lord in the study.” Desmond murmurs.

Adam realizes this is the guy he saw being blasted by the soldier with the arm cannon yesterday at the hospital. Despite the force of the blast, he seems no worse for wear.

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eagleaus abruptly shifts back to blue. “Vain.” He states simply.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Should have known, he hang up? Matters at hand. Think, since this is most likely a champion kill, it means, chaos champion near the camp, chaos champion near the camp. Which direction did the man come in from?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Uh, hey dude. I guess the job's basically yours." Adam clears his throat, then extends his hand, "I'm Adam."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't know," Peter answered, "but other people were here before me. I only heard him calling from in the camp. Maybe someone else saw something. I was just the first one to try and help the poor guy. Not that I was much help, or whatever."

Peter looked around for anyone to step forward and give them infromation. Peter's eyes settled oddly on the group. "Yeah," Peter said, "I geddit. It's the Apocalypse; those crazy religious people were right. Now I have to choose a side... fight for the devil or fight for God. And I choose God."
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-21 at 04:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Raising his voice John asks, Hey! Does anyone here knows where did this guy stumble in from? pointing at the pile of clothes and dust.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987

OrcBarbarianGuy

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    He raises an eyebrow. “You’re the one from the hospital.

And you ran away.”

The shadows suddenly leap up around them, tendrils lashing and weaving. “You think you can just walk away from that? I was trapped underneath a building all night because I had no backup.”

C_O, Zdude:

Spoiler
    Show
    The others shake their heads. “He came from the city, that’s all we know.”

He’d been dying for a while.” A dry, sardonic voice interjects.

Jesmond walks onto the scene. “I was watching him from afar.”

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Oh joy. How are things Gary? John snarks, And please, elaborate, not all of us have the luxury of watching one man for god knows how long.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam flinches and steps back, throwing his hands up. "Woah dude, I didn't run. I preformed a.....tactical retreat, and was about to hop back into it, when all of a sudden I got blindsided from behind."

30. - Top - End - #990
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter remained quiet, not exactly sure who this newcomer was, or his intentions.
    Last edited by Zdude; 2012-11-22 at 06:05 AM.