New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

As a note for all players, the current date ingame is 8/20/12 (or depending on your schooling, 20/8/12), and it is the late evening. Edro, Stanley, and Crazydude are currently in the next day, while Bladesmith, Necron, and C_O are all still in the current day. We will conduct actions in 8/21 when every player has finished their actions on 8/20. Thanks!

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin lives out in the suburbs, so crime isn't as present tonight. He walks around for a couple of hours, finding nothing but scavenging raccoons and aloof cats.

C_O

Spoiler
    Show
    John and Shane canvas the first alley, but find nothing. Shane seems a little on edge, but it could be just nerves.

As the two canvas the second alley, they find a large puddle of sizzling ooze on the concrete. Shane moves closer to investigate.

Necron:

Neil rolls his eyes and shrugs. "Hmph. Whatever." He walks back into the kitchen.

Gabriela folds her arms. "Girls, why don't you help Neil set the table."

The girls nod and prance off into the kitchen. Gabriela edges closer to her son. "Could you try to not annoy Neil? I know you think he's... beneath you... But you still live under my roof and my rules. I won't have you disrespect me by talking in such a way. Understand?"
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-14 at 11:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin, feeling a little disappointed, decided to call it a night and go home to get some sleep. He could go to the city tomorrow and try to find someone to save.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

3. - Top - End - #93

Zombie

"You're right I'm sorry Mum. He just gives me the creeps. I mean, how long have you been going out with the guy? And he is already calling me pet names and son! I'm no man's Son.
    I'll be less antagonistic for you."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Shane, I think you should back away, slowly. John says, as he unloads his gun, to retrieve a single bullet. Putting back the clip, he holsters his gun, and tosses the bullet at the puddle, tracking it with his torchlight as it flies into it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

5. - Top - End - #95

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    And so he returns and sleeps.

Necron:

Gabriela nods hesitantly. "Two months. And I like him." she says with a dignified sniff. "Now come, dinner is ready."

She walks back into the kitchen.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shane steps slightly to the side, but doesn't really move away. The bullet lands in the puddle, which starts smoking and fizzling. Within seconds, it has dissolved.

Shane whistles. "What the heck is this..."

Suddenly, a drop of liquid falls into the puddle, with no reaction. Shane slowly points his flashlight (torchlight) up, swallowing nervously.

He illuminates a furry, scaly, thing the size of a lion clinging to the fire escape, sharp fangs shiny with drool in the light. Fast as lightning, the creature leaps forward, landing on Shane who cries out in terror.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

****! shouts John as he draws his gun and opens fire at the beast

Spoiler
    Show

To hit: (1d20+2)[20]

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #97

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O

Spoiler
    Show
    The bullets whack into the creature's side, but there is no visible effect. It looks up, red eyes glowing with hatred and malice, the bloody remains of Shane hanging from it's jaws, bubbling as the acidic saliva melts it into mush.

Suddenly, a woman with green-dyed hair jumps down beside the creature, petting it's main affectionately. Her hair hangs limp and greasy, her eyes wide and bloodshot. "He... thinks he's special, sweetie. Thinks he's special. Th-thinks he's special. Thinks he's special." She's decked out in knives, one in her hand.

Her eyes dart over at John. "THINKS HE'S SPECIAL!" she shrieks, jumping at him.

She lands a hit across his chest! Roll toughness!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grunts as he is hit in the chest.

Spoiler
    Show

TOUGHNESS! (1d20+4)[15]

I have never really done combat in M&M. so, yeah.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-09-14 at 12:49 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

Zombie

Gary follows, making a conspicuous effort to not annoy Niel as he eats his dinner.
    "So, how was your day at school Dana?" Gary smiles and leans forward conspiratorially "Meet any cute boys I have to beat up?"

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #100

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

John is injured and bruised. -1 on toughness saves for lethal and nonlethal damage.

The beast drops the sizzling remains of Shane and charges, landing another hit with it's claws!

Again, roll toughness.

Necron:

Dana wrinkles her nose in annoyance. "No, there are tons of cute boys though. Enough I could bring home a new one every night for months!" She sticks her tongue out while Darian giggles.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John grunts in pain as he is hit again, too dazed to react.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Zombie

"You little scamp! You know you aren't allowed to date until you're at Least 27. So no cute boys are coming over for dinner.
    Same for you Darian so I don't know why you're giggling."
    Gary pokes both of them in the sides, tickling them on either side of him after he finishes eating.

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #103

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Amazingly, the creature's attack merely scrapes by on his uniform. John is still only injured and bruised, and it is now his turn.

I suggest running.

Necron:

The girls giggle and squirm, and Darian nearly falls off her chair. Gabriela intervenes, "Enough roughhousing at the dinner table. So what's your plan for tomorrow, Gary?"
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-14 at 03:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Zombie

"Attend the lecture, hang around Campus and maybe go to the gym. I know you've been on me to work out more."

Sorry everyone

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John bravely retreats, but not before getting one shot at the crazy woman out.

Spoiler
    Show

To Hit: (1d20+2)[10]

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John misses the woman, who chases after him with the beast in tow. "SPECIAL!" She screams, pulling more knives out, when a sudden bird-like screech is heard. Two giant birds drop out of the sky, raking the woman and the beast with their claws, before snatching John and taking wing!

They fly out towards the center of the city, and drop him off on top of a skyscraper. Their appearance is of giant eagles, machinelike and glowing, with periwinkle eyes.

Circling around John, one glares sternly, "This fight is not yet yours to take. Be wary, trust not, evil has you in its sights.."

They fly off, leaving John with more questions than answers.

Necron:

Gabriela nods. "You can't be growing pudgy sitting in the library all day. How will you get a girl if you don't have any muscles?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What, just happened. John exclaims to himself.

Switching on the radio, he says Dispatch, we have a dead officer northwest of 12th and Corbin, it's Shane, he's dead. John finished sadly. He then starts looking for a safe way down to the ground from the roof.

ooc: What is this? A horror movie?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-09-14 at 09:13 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

John hears the horrified mutters of the officers who find Shane's remains.

The woman and the beast are gone.

John makes it down from the skyscraper via a rooftop stairwell. He receives orders to go home for the night and come in for debriefing in the morning.

OOC: Nope. Just sadism.

Necron and Bladesmith are the last two who need to finish their 8/20 actions.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John follows orders and returns home and gets some sleep after dropping off his gear at the station.

ooc: eyup, horror movie. So next move?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

Next move? Well, "tomorrow" you get debriefed. Aside from that, it's up to you.

For now though, we wait for the others to finish. No way I'm doing players on various different days.

And the attack was based more on your proximity to a place your character wasn't supposed to be. But hey, you've got a guardian angel it seems.

21. - Top - End - #111

Zombie

"Any girl who likes me solely for my muscles isn't a girl for me Mum. Besides I have the two best Girls right here. Well, unless Jello is involved then all bets are off." Gary hugs the two girls then stacks his dishes in the sink "I'm goin to go finish my homework for the whole month then go to sleep."

Sorry everyone

22. - Top - End - #112

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:

Dana and Darian smile at their brother affectionately, while Gabriela sniffs and starts clearing the table. "There is something to be said for a little eye candy."

Gary goes up and does so, then sleeps. Tomorrow is a big day after all, winning the heart of a girl, going to the concert, setting his friends up, etc. etc.

Bladesmith is the last player with actions for this night.

23. - Top - End - #113

OrcBarbarianGuy

It is the morning of Tuesday, the 21st of August.

Bladesmith:

OOC: Sorry, but I can’t wait for one player over five others.

Hajime’s grandfather sighs and sheathes the blade. “Maybe… Some other time.”

Cops go running northwest, and the family is told to relocate. They return to the Gordon household, where Hajime sleeps fitfully.

The next morning, Marcus arrives at the house.

“Hey man, I heard the news. Are… Are you doing ok?”

Stanleyindraven:

Spoiler
    Show
    Melvin rises bright and early and begins his trek into the city, making sure cops and truant officers don’t notice him. Using the metro, he comes out near the Aria Plaza, a popular shopping area. For the most part, all seems quiet.

However, across the plaza he sees an odd sight: Mr. DeVries, the computer science teacher, apprehensively looking around, obviously very nervous about something.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The next morning, Crypt awakens in the center of his bedroom, which is a complete mess. The lamp is knocked over, papers are everywhere, it looks like a tornado went through it. Casting his eyes around, he sees one very important difference from last night:

The book is gone.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary wakes up early and eats breakfast with his sisters before they all go their separate ways for the day. At the college, he meets up with Wendy and Theo.

“So far, we’ve formulated a plan for distracting Jack and Jenny. It involves a mysterious hobo, two pounds of gunpowder, and a ballista. It’s probably best for legal reasons that you don’t inquire further.” Wendy says with a smirk.

Theo pops the joints in his neck methodically. “It was actually more fun than I imagined. Wendy even finished her assignment on time.”

She bops him on the shoulder playfully. “So how about you? Did your night go well?”

CrazyDude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, excited about his lunch date with Veronica, thoughts of his nightmare far from his mind. He busily prepares for the day ahead, and almost flies (not literally) out of the dorm.

He coasts through the morning classes, barely taking any notes, just doodling in his notepad for hours until lunch.

With spirit and vigor, he beats a path to the local bistro they agreed to meet at.

And there she is, hair tied back, wearing a yellow sundress.

Obviously, he should be rather smitten.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John walks into the police station, the object of many whispers and pointed stares. A man walks up. “I’m Detective Clay. Come with me please.”

They lead John into an interrogation room and sit him down.

Clay pours some coffee, opens a file, and sits down as well. “Alright, what happened last night?”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-15 at 12:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "If I didn't know any better I'd think someone drugged me last night," Crypt mutters, rubbing his head, only problem with that theory was he felt absolutely full of energy, like he'd had twenty energy drinks, only without the stomachache or headache. He cleans up the room, grabs a shirt, and heads out towards the school, saying goodbye to his mother if she was still home, entirely on autopilot as he thinks about what had happened the previous day. The cut on his shoulder was entirely healed, but the stitches were still there. He goes across the rooves and sticks to the more crowded streets when he has to go to the ground, it'd help him avoid the gangs on the way to school, at the very least.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-15 at 12:19 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We got a call to respond to an arson at 12th and Corbin at twenty one hundred hours yesterday. Arriving at the scene, the officer there asked us to canvas, an area northwest of it. A few minutes in, we found a pool of bubbling liquid. I tossed a bullet into the pool, trying to figure out what was it. Then officer Shane was jumped, by a ... thing I fired one shot at it. THen a green haired lady with a lot of knives, jumped down from a fire escape, I think, and attacked me. I fell back and fired another shot at her; I missed. Then that thing, attacked me, luckily it failed to penetrate my body armour. By then officer Shane's corpse was unrecognizable. After that, I don't think you would believe me if I told you..
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-09-15 at 12:21 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

{OOC: Apologies. Made it home late tonight.}

He dreamed about the sword. It was an offer to go vigilante with his grandfather's blessing. An offer to try and get justice the old fashioned way. It shared him $#!*less. Sure, he'd had the training. Martial arts had been his passion for a long time, now. He knew how to handle a sword. But he wasn't wearing a cape and cowl. He wasn't the goshdarn Batman.

But Karasu might need him to be. That is what kept Hajime tossing and turning all night.

Which is why he looked so ragged when Marcus dropped by. Dark bags had formed under his eyes, and he stared without seeing into his bowl of cereal.

"No. Not really. Can we talk outside?" Dragging Marcus out the door into the yard, Haj gets a little more animated once he is away from his family.
    "Hey, I know you pay more attention at school then I do. What gangs operate around the shop?"
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

27. - Top - End - #117

Zombie

Gary blinks. Several times
    "You do know I only asked you to pass on a simple message right? And where in the Hells did you get a Ballista?!?
    And my night was... Uneventful. Apart from Niel staying over again. He just isn't right for My mum. I mean what kind of weirdo calls their girlfriends kid their 'son' after 2 months?"

Sorry everyone

28. - Top - End - #118

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Crypt makes his way to school, moving across the final rooftops before having to go to ground, he is stopped by the sight of a single tattooed man standing in his path.

Trying to backtrack, another comes out behind him.

Three more emerge from hiding spots on the roof. While lost in thought, Crypt didn’t realize he had walked into a trap. The men look strange, their eyes hollow and breathing heavily.

He’s surrounded. Roll Initiative.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    Clay raises an eyebrow. “You just told me the sort of thing I would expect to hear from someone high on LSD. The only things corroborating your story are the pool of acid and the remains of your partner. We’ve sent a team out to run tests on the acid pool, since collecting a sample has proven… difficult.”

Clay leans back. “You are, however, not in a good place right now. The death of an officer is always handled with the utmost seriousness, and your story is frankly outlandish.”

Bladesmith:

Marcus stares at Hajime worriedly. “Um… Yeah… Around the shop? Well, Big Jimmy’s gang goes there sometimes… usually at the request of someone with more power. But besides that… There’s Verda and her Gatos, as well as the Skins. But you don’t want to mess with them, they don’t joke around. They’ll kill you as much as look at you. Leave Karasu to the police, man.”

Necron:

Theo smirks. “I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. Don’t worry, no one will be harmed.”

Wendy shrugs and breaks off from the trio, heading to her own class. “Maybe Neil wants to earn brownie points with your mom? I dunno. Catch you guys later!”

Theo waves back at her quietly.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I know, I can barely believe it myself. Maybe we were hit by some kind of gaseous hallucinogen. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense. But, that is what I saw.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Damn," Crypt says, looking around, "this definitely isn't good..." he knew he had a bit of a power boost from that shadow, but that was mainly passive, he'd need to get out of here and fight smart, "guess this is what Mindwalker was talking about," Crypt looks at his pack, which still had the knife from Verda, then he looks back, fists first, knife if they proved too dangerous for him to handle, powers after that.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-15 at 12:30 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.