New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,252 of 1252

Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Infinite IC

"Uh, it's kind of a long story guys, I'll explain it later. For now, just attack those two!", Adam says, pointing at Vain and Tye. "They're the ones responsible for all this pointless fighting and wanton destruction of our planet, so hop to it!"

Adam begins channeling more of his new energy, preparing to summon more backup. "Hm...I wonder how many champions I can summon at once..." He concentrates while thinking about all the powered-up people he remembers meeting or hearing about: Melvin Groden, Hajime, Gary Jesmond, Walker, Verda. Trying to bring them all here at once.
    What I'd call pretty much my only successful homebrew: The Knife Fighter

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

GRMM

Energy rushes through Adam’s body, five new black vortexes spinning into life between him and the two gods, who snarl with anger as he unleashes his potential.

I will explain telepathically, I think. The Mind Eater murmured.

Melvin steps out first, orange lightning dancing at his fingertips, the younger boy scowling at the two deities. Hajime follows next, his claws long and sharp, effervescent lines of orange light running down his arms, though the color is now a sunnier, lighter orange. His mane of white hair is long, falling down to his waist as a creature composed purely of orange fire wriggles out of the vortex as well, taking the form of a tracker beast at his side.

Gary steps out, three pyramidal onyx devices floating into the air around his head, constantly shifting and changing into others shapes and forms, even accomplishing seemingly impossible feats, such as shifting from a cube to a sphere. His burning umber eyes are covered by an odd visor, which bursts with bright white light if looked upon directly.

Finally, Verda and Walker step out, linked arm in arm as orange energy beings like the tracker beast alight from their footsteps, three encircling them protectively.

Enough nonsense!” Vain barks, shooting forward with incredibly speed, his fists smashing into John and Veronica, sending them flying to the crater floor. “Now you all die!” He flies after the two as Tye mutters something in an unknown language, separating into his various incarnations and preparing his attack.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-06-07 at 09:10 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

John gets up, helping Veronica to her feet from the crater they formed as Vain rushed them. Raising his right arm, he points it at Vain and says, I wish you the best of luck the, cause you're gonna need it. opening fire.

To Hit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    16,+8
    Total:24

NOTES
    -------------------------
    This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-05-28 at 02:55 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well, now that the cavalry's here, I guess it's time to do my part." Adam fires an orange crackling ball of energy at Tye, leaving his minions to the others.

Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye.

5. - Top - End - #1235

OrcBarbarianGuy

Admiral:

Vain snarls, a bright light shining in his palm as a massive cannon winks into reality.

Burn.”

With a roar, he pushes the weapon forward, countering John’s own blast heavily. Veronica summons two orange blades of hardlight energy and leaps into the air, slashing through the machine and smashing the other blade into the god’s head, sending him flying further down into the crater.

Melvin and Gary land beside them. “I’m trying to nullify his powers… But it’s weird, they don’t operate like ours did. I’ll see what I can do.” Gary mutters.

Melvin laughs, smashing his fists together with a peal of thunder. “No big deal.”

Veronica merges the hilts of her two blades into one single two-ended sword, reaching out to help John up.

In the distance, Vain rises, tapping his foot twice and summoning a gauntlet of remote cannons, all pointed at the champions of order. His effervescent energy form condenses into a more solid, defined body, almost like metal.

Showtime.” Melvin says with a grin, launching forward.

Crazydude:

Ha!” Tye swipes his hand, knocking the ball of energy out of his way, splitting into three bodies and charging forward. The middle slams into Adam, grabbing him by the throat and staring into his eyes. “Madness will consume you, mortal.” His yellow eyes begin to strobe brightly.

Resist! Fight back! The Mind Eater roars.

Meanwhile, Hajime flies forward and meets his copy of Tye in single combat, the two slashing at each other, wrestling in midair as one tries to gain an advantage over the other. Verda and Walker’s three energy shadows duel with the third Tye, a battle he is quickly winning.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

The old gang back together again eh? John laughs as Veronica helps him to his feet.

John turns to Veronica and looks her knowingly in the eye, grinning, she looks back and grins just as wildly. Melvin, Gary, don't get killed. John says, grabbing Veronica and tossing her over the gauntlet of cannons.

Flying through the air, Veronica swings one end of the hardlight blade at Vain, loosing it in his direction as she flies over Vain's head, turning in mid air, to face Vain's back and behind John.

John vanishes out of reality in a flash of light and reappears behind Vain. raising his arm cannon in the direction of his back, John opens fire, just as Veronica's thrown blade is about to impact Vain.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam struggles to speak with Tye's hand around his throat. "Well, I'm not- exactly mortal- anymore!" He sends a jolt of energy through his entire body, trying to shock Tye off of him.

8. - Top - End - #1238

OrcBarbarianGuy

Admiral:

Vain is blasted forward, impaled on the blade, and falls to the ground heavily. Veronica lands, summoning a new blade as Melvin tears through cannon after cannon, orange lightning crackling at his fingertips.

Vain rises slowly, glaring at John. “You’ll have to do better than that.” He growls, snapping the blade in half and throwing the hilt aside. “I am the God of War. I am not so easily beaten!” He leaps backwards, smacking Veronica with his fist and sending her flying towards the sloping wall of the crater.

Crazydude:

The jolt shocks Tye, who screams in agony and falls away, only to be intercepted by attacks from Hajime and the duo. The Japanese boy tears his arm off with a wild howl as energy shades constrict around him, Walker flying in with an energy projection of a shotgun, loosing a massive blast into the chest of the god.

Down below, he sees Vain’s powers suddenly dissipate as Melvin, Gary, and John strike simultaneously, the lightning lad shredding through the neck of the brown-skinned, freakish alien deity and John blasting the flying head with his cannon, whooping with joy as the cinders fall to Earth.

Veronica cheers. “WE DID IT!”

Admiral:

GRMM

We have a problem. The Mind Eater says telepathically. Look up. Tye has caught Adam in an illusion, you need to disrupt the spell.

Two copies of Tye are soundly thrashing Hajime, Verda, and Walker, and a third has Adam by the neck, his vibrant yellow eyes glowing in the darkness. If he kills Adam, you will all lose your powers and cease to exist. You have to stop him.

"AGH!" Gary shouts as Vain teleports over to him, smashing the boy's head into the ground.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ettin in the Playground

Gary, how's your progress? John says as he teleports next to Veronica to help her up.

As they received the message from the Mind Eater, John and Veronica looks each other in the eyes and nods.

John blinks out of existence as Veronica leaps into Vain's direction.

John reappears, interposing himself between Tye and Adam, careful not to look into his eye, he raises his arm, pointing it at Tye's face and opens fire, using the recoil to rescue Adam from Tye's grasp.

Veronica leaps at Vain as he stood over Gary, smashing her blades together, forming one oversized blade. As she descended, she brings it down on Vain's back, careful to avoid hitting Gary by accident.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1240

OrcBarbarianGuy

John’s blast catches Tye in the face, sending the god of madness careening into the ruins of Mt. Olivet below, where he lands with a shuddering crash. The two copies disintegrate as a puff of dust rises from the impact site.

Adam is freed from Tye’s illusion, realizing they had not yet achieved victory. Hajime, Verda, and Walker float close, Hajime’s expression grim.

A fist catches John in the jaw, rocketing him upwards through the atmosphere. Vain soars past the four champions of chaos, following after the law officer.

Admiral:

GRMM

FOOL!” Vain spits, smashing into John with both fists and flying him higher. “IMPUDENT FOOL!” He delivers two more earth-shattering punches to John’s chest. Vain’s eyes begin to glow dangerously, purple vapor trailing behind them as they fly higher and higher. “I will kill you, then destroy your world.” An energy blast from his eyes sends John hurtling up even faster, spinning wildly in the air. He flips sideways… And sees the blackness of space through the cool blue of the atmosphere, stars twinkling distantly.

"And nothing will save you!" Vain growls behind him, hands grabbing him and sending him hurtling back down, as Vain flies past into space.

Crazydude:

Melvin carries Gary up to the champions of chaos, Veronica in tow, nursing a wounded arm slowly mending as ribbons of orange energy intertwine it. Gary’s head has been caved in, glowing ichor dripping from his shattered skull.

We can’t… We can’t fix him.” Melvin says quietly.

On the slopes of Mt. Olivet, shadowy tendrils begin to reach out of the crater, Tye returning to the fight.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

I can think of one thing, John mutters, grinning.

He pops out of existence, reappearing above Vain and continuing his fall, hurtling towards him. Closing to melee range, he screams, EAT THIS! firing a continuous beam, trying to force Vain into the ground.

Veronica raises her arm and summons another pair of Hardlight blades in preparation for whatever is coming, staring grimly at the crater in the slopes of the mountain.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

The idea is to blast him into the ground with the beam and use the recoil from the beam to slow down his landing, after landing he moves on to punching Vain again and again, and again into the ground.

EDIT: Tablets are annoying to use.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-06-04 at 09:10 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam watches Vain and John leave the atmosphere, then mentally communes with his soldiers, "Alright everyone, while John keeps Vain busy, we all need to team up on Tye. Now!" Adam leads the charge by conjuring the largest ball of energy he's able to, and hurling it with incredible force at the crater Tye just left.

13. - Top - End - #1243

OrcBarbarianGuy

Admiral:

Vain hurtles towards the Earth, but his descent slows as he fights back against the cascade of energy John in unleashing, counting with his own as they duel in midair. John can feel himself reaching the titanic limits of his power as Vain glares upwards at him, crimson fire an unholy torrent of the god’s odium.

Roll a d100.

Crazydude:

Adam can see Tye staring up at him, raising one finger, a glowing yellow sphere growing on the tip, before his own attack eclipses the god. With an ear-splitting roar, his energy ball is torn to shreds by thin beams of sickly yellow light, the champions rushing to avoid being sliced to pieces by the attack.

You’re a jester, entertaining at the court of your betters.” The god mutters. “Playing tricks and putting on masks in the worthless hope it will save your empty hide.” There is a sound, like two rocks being scraped together, and the god vanishes.

Mt. Olivet explodes into a shower of rubble, the force of the god launching himself upward tearing it apart.

Veronica looks down, noticing her left side is completely missing. Orange gore drips from the gaping hole in her abdomen, and she slowly returns to the image of a normal human, plummeting back to Earth.

Melvin growls, sending out bolts of chain lightning after the god, who disappears from view again, reappearing with his arm through Melvin’s chest.

Two down.”

Melvin grins weakly, grabbing the arm. “Not… yet…” He stares past the god at Adam. “You know… What to do…

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ettin in the Playground

John grins as he felt himself push against limits he never knew even existed, he fought the exhaustion as he summoned every last reserve of strength he had left. The air around their beams crackled as they pushed at each other, crimson and orange meeting in the middle.

Going deep within himself, he draws up a gasp of energy every last bit he had and focused it into his beam. He screams as he releases that energy into his beam, the orange turning bright blue as it rushed down the beam towards Vain.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam nods at Melvin's sacrifice, and lets loose a torrent of energy in his and Tye's direction.

16. - Top - End - #1246

OrcBarbarianGuy

Admiral:

GRMM

The ancient and the neophyte clash, blue and red energies swirling around and against each other, inexorable tides of power competing for supremacy. Both give their all, both unleash every iota of their reserves into this final attack, a blazing white impact between them illuminating the night around them. Vain roars a might battle cry as the intense screeching reaches the highest pitch.

And he falters.

The azure blast of energy rips through Vain’s own attack, smashing into him and sending him careening to the surface below, hurtling past the remaining fighters and finally landing into the large body of water filling the crater that used to be Kingstone City. A massive white plume rises in his wake, a salute to the victor.

Crazydude:

Adam’s attack rushes towards Tye, who screams helplessly as Melvin prevents his escape. The two are caught in the glowing column of orange light… And only Tye remains, the black fire wreathing his form extinguished, his remains falling apart in the wind. Madness is rank on the air, the god’s last attempt to control the situation.

John slowly flies down, noting with displeasure as Vain pulls himself out of the water.

All:

Tye turns, his yellow eyes glowing ominously as his body slowly falls to pieces. “This… Isn’t over…” Vain teleports to his side, now only a torso with a single arm and his head remaining, glaring balefully at John. “We… Will gather our brethren… We will come and snuff out the last Mind Eater… And crush you pathetic… Pretenders…”

They begin to glow violently. “It is only a matter of time.

With a crack, they shoot upward in a beam of white light, disappearing into the sky.

GRMM

The champions stare after them… When the Mind Eater suddenly appears in front of them, their forms returning to their normal human selves… But smoke drifts from their skin, and Verda cries softly in horror as she begins to disintegrate in Walker’s arms.

I warned you of this.” The Mind Eater says solemnly. He gently lowers them to the ground with telekinesis, watching with somber eyes as they begin to die. “I shall leave your world… It will take them many years to gather the gods, and I shall ensure they do not come here… I’ll lead them far, far away. You have my word.”

It begins to float away, waving. “You were magnificent, each of you.”

I guess… This is it.” Veronica says, surprising them all. She laughs bitterly. “Don’t look so shocked… The Mind Eater stabilized me after Tye one-shotted me.” She raises one smoking hand as her fingers fall away into dust. “Don’t have much time left, though.”

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

No, none of us do John says as he walks towards the group from his landing.

Walking up to Veronica, he stares her in the eyes and smiles sadly, saying softly, We, don't.

Cupping both sides of her head with his hands, he leans in and kisses her on the lips, his right hand moving down from her head to hold her right hand as both their right hands started falling away into dust.

Breaking the kiss, he looks her in the eye, his left hand holding hers and continues, The answer's no by the way, you are not a coward, you're the bravest person I have ever met.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-06-23 at 12:20 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Adam looks up at the Mind Eater, feeling strange now that they were seperated. "So...that's it? What now? What about our town? And I mean, why even let then get away? We had em on the ropes! Can't we like, go after them?"

19. - Top - End - #1249

OrcBarbarianGuy

All:

Veronica stares up ito John’s eyes, tears running down her cheeks – Tears of defeat, of happiness, of pain, of victory. A weak smile flickered as she rested her head against his shoulder, trying as best as she could to wrap her remaining arm around him in comfort.

It had been a long, hard life for her, and to have all that she wanted to be given to her and then cruelly ripped away at the last second was heart-rending. She quietly took solace in this last bulwark of strength before the end.

Thank you.” She whispered. She struggled to formulate some response, so co-affirmation of how she felt for him… But there was only one language that she could understand and communicate in, and in that she pulled him tighter against herself, closing her eyes tightly against the inevitable.

It was all that could be said.

You were not meant to hold the power of a god in your fingertips… Everything comes with a price, Adam.

Yours was death. I told you this would come.

In the end, the gods cannot be killed, and now they have something to fear and chase: Me. Your world will be safe.

They lie on the molten rock face in silence, absorbing the Mind Eater’s last message. Gary struggles to look up. “He’s gone. Can’t see him with my ESP anymore.” He sighs, falling back as one of his arms collapses into dust. “Easy come, easy go, eh?”

They caused so much death… And many of us don’t even exist in this universe anymore.” Jackson mutters, cradling Verda. “I’m gone… Verda too, and Hajime.” He glances at the young Asian boy, who stares out at the lake wistfully. “Karasu is gone forever too… And now we’re going to disappear forever.”

The death sentence is heavy on them… And they disintegrate slowly, waiting for the end. Their limbs degrade into fine powder, and slowly they begin to decompose for good.

Forever?” Gary asks, lying in a pile of his own remains, staring at the sky with a curious look.

A sly smile grows. “…Maybe not.” A glimmer of orange appears, and they all collapse into dust.

---

The Mind Eater distantly notes their passing… and passes beyond the edge of the solar system, disappearing into the vastness of space.

Farewell.

---

Two Years Later

L’linek, the shapeshifter and servant of madness, stares quietly across the circle known as Lake Kingstone, the last remnant of a city reduced to ash. He pulls his scarf higher over his face warding off the cold wind blowing from the north, chilling him to the bone. Two years had passed since the gods had come here to address some new threat… And two years since they ran away, disappearing into the stars, leaving L’linek and a handful of his comrades behind to do… Nothing. They had no means of leaving the planet, no means of contacting Tye. They had all been abandoned on the surface of this world, left to simply remain.

And yet… He remembered… Voices, names… Battles that had never been thought. Sometimes, as he looked up at the clear, crisp sky over the massive lake, he thought he could see an odd wripple in the air, a distortion of reality. And it was here that the voices were strongest, images of the massive battle for Bluesky and his time with Adam Wentworth, Hajime Gordon, and others searing through his mind like a hot lance.

He stood on the remains of Mt. Olivet, more than half of it reduced to molten slag that had settled at the bottom of the lake. There was a memorial here to the lost city of Kingstone, only the tiny ward of Haven remaining, almost completely flattened in the initial explosion. Nobody could explain what happened here, and the memorial simply described it as “The most tragic and unforeseen of disasters in our nation’s history.”

This place had been given a new name, since it was built on the ruins of the old college and chapel that had been built on the summit of the mountain. He ran a hand over the worn brass placard, staring at the odd name of this place, the misspelling the most glaring mistake. Nobody had ever bothered to correct it.

The gods were gone… And they remained. No mission, no purpose, no existence worth noting.

And yet… He knew there was something more, a memory made here that existed on both sides of the unfathomable rift. He felt a prickle along his spine, a sixth sense telling him the answers were in his very own hands.

GRMM

He turned… And he saw his comrades, wearing the faces of John Adams, Veronica Diehl, Verda, Jackson Walker, Hajime Gordon, and Gary Jesmond, standing with idle smiles on their faces as they stared back at him.

Adam Wentworth grinned.

“You did it. You managed to win, you crazy bastards.” He shook his head… And the last vestige of L’linek’s mind was gone, replaced by Adam’s personality and memories.

The Survivors walked away, gathering together for warmth and solidarity in the harsh cold of a seemingly uncaring world, and they left the site of Kingstone’s memorial, a place with an odd name:

"Gods Run."

The End

---

Well, we’ve reached the end. I’d like to thank you both for joining and sticking around to the end. This campaign went places I never expected, and taught me a lot about gming. Sadly, it’s time for it to end.

Admiral, you have my skype, but if you ever want to talk RP, Crazydude, or look into future campaigns, you can reach me any time.

I’d also like to introduce Shadon and Demented Dragon, my partners in crime and co-GMs, who helped me out with a lot of mechanics work over the year. Respectively, they played the roles of Vain and Tye until December, when the campaign dropped to two people and I began orchestrating its end.

Again, thank you for joining the ironically-named Infinite Campaign. It’s been a pleasure.

-Julian84
    Last edited by Julian84; 2013-06-22 at 09:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, Julian had us running as Tye and Vain(and their other assorted aliases) up until the player count dropped down. Was a bit sad at that, had been enjoying making creatures and powering up some NPCs for the side of madness =P

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yep, howdy you two. It was fun when I got to play, though sad to see it drop down. I'm glad you guys saw it through to the end!

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yea, it was a fun ride for sure. Julian, I'd be happy to play in any other games of yours in the future. Feel free to send me a pm if one comes up and you need an extra player.
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2013-06-20 at 06:31 PM.