Thread: Infinite IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infinite IC

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your time sir.

Excusing himself, John makes a call to a friend at the station. Saying
    I need a favor, can you run a name, Verda, V, e, r, d,a. in connection to some gang called the gatos. Thanks. as he walks out and parks himself on a bench outside.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Necron:
    Spoiler
    Show

Wendy nods her head agreeably. “By your word empires rise and fall, oh glorious leader.”

Throughout the class Gary can see Danielle’s mood shift from indifferent to troubled, and she often pulls out her phone and texts people

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

“She-she-she’s not usually easily found man…. The school’s in the northwest corner of her turf, the Ninamori shop is the south east corner… So she’s usually somewhere in between, just do-doin’ her thing. I don’t know anymore man!”

C_O:
    Spoiler
    Show

“Verda? Yeah, I know her, Viviana “Verda” Ramirez. Leads the Gatos gang on the north side of downtown usually. Got her nickname for dying her hair green… Ahhh… Lemme see… Multiple counts of armed robbery, assault and battery, grand theft auto, possession of illegal substances, DUI’s, DWI’s, and… huh. Says here she was pinged as a suspect in the murder of Shane Salazar. Wasn’t he your partner?”

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, he was. Got any info on the Skins?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

4. - Top - End - #154

Zombie

"Not yet, but I'm still young. My offer of Second-In-Command is still open by the way, really I think it's a good deal. All the fringe benefits of being one of my Favoured, some authority when I gain some, and not to mention you get to be with me." Gary mildly flirts like he always does.
    "Oh, how are you and Theo? I mean, I know you two didn't really know each other before I befriended the both of you and forced you together but you've had a while to click together."
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Jimmy. I won't forget this." Hajime gave a dismissive wave as he turned his back on the sniveling gangster and faded back into the alleyway.

Well, he'd gotten that much information. He knew what gangs did it, had a name for who was responsible, and knew that it wasn't an isolated case. Plenty of information for any decent detective. The unfortunate part was that Haj was no detective. Which meant that it was time to visit the police station, and let them in on everything. Hajime took off into the fast jog that normally carried him around the city for exercise. Now he needed it to get him to the station quickly(or the nearest bus stop).
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Crypt cringes, this, was bad, at least he wasn't surrounded anymore. With that in mind, Crypt gets the hell out of dodge, running to get out of there. He was by no means a coward, but he knew when he was outmatched.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #157

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    “The Skins are located in the north industrial zone, past Victorsburg. Allegedly headed up by a Dean Edwards, but that’s not known for certain. Known for their general lack of clothing… Generally keep to themselves, but it’s not smart for cops to go into the industrial zone alone.”

Necron:

She studiously pulls out her notes. “I will wait and see whether or not the dear girl would wish to vie for such an esteemed position.”

She scratches down the date and the lecture title, pausing for only a half second too long before answering. “And Theo has been a perfect gentleman for as long as I have known him.”

Bladesmith:
    Spoiler
    Show

As Hajime waits for the bus to roll in, he feels a slight chill crawl up the back of his neck.

Roll a notice check.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt jumps down to the alley and runs to the end, when suddenly the trash can next to him explodes into bits of filth and metal, scratching him across the arms and face and splattering him with detritus. Looking back, he sees three more gang members slowly advancing down the alley, two with pistols, the third with a shotgun.

The other gang thugs are climbing down the fire escape.

8. - Top - End - #158

Spoiler
    Show
    "You've got to be kidding me," Crypt says, then sighs, willing the shadow that he was promised to help him out, he was too injured to do this alone, even with regeneration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Really? is it really necessary to pit me against 8-10 guys at once? Crypt isn't BUILT for this kind of fighting.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime perks up, looking around at the odd feeling. Notice: (1d20)[17]

10. - Top - End - #160

Zombie

"Who Danielle? That's just a pastime, I don't Like her, like her. I just need a girl to get my mum off my back, and if you came around claiming to be my girlfriend she would laugh and tell you to stop joking."

Sorry everyone

11. - Top - End - #161

OrcBarbarianGuy

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The shadow springs up behind him.

“… Servants of our enemy…”

It lashes out a wrippling arm, darting through the forehead of one of the thugs. The thug stares for a moment, then collapses.

“… You are... scared… why?… These are… not the worst you will yet face…”

The thugs briefly glance at their fallen comrade before pushing onwards.

The shadow glances back. “Your fear… will be your undoing… But fine… I can grant you this at least…”

It suddenly stabs Crypt in the abdomen. Coldness pours into his body, filling him to the brim with ice. Black marks stretch and contort across his skin, leaving him tattooed with odd markings.

“… The blessing of our benefactor. Now fight… or die.”

Crypt now has an extra 5 points of toughness, and all of his toughness is now impervious. This bonus will only last for 5 turns.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yes, 8-10 was completely necessary, because it provoked the reaction I desired: Desperation. I'm experimenting. Not everything is going to be a walk in the park.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    The world seems to tilt and whirl around Hajime, time slowing, and his heartbeat a thundering roar in his ears. The man at the hotdog stand across the street stares for a second too long, recognition flashing his eyes. He mutters something to the police officer across the stand from him.

Cars speed by, fast, too fast. Didn’t everything seem to slow down?

The woman walking down the street is only pretending not to look at Hajime, pretending so hard it’s obvious to anyone he’s the object of her attention. What does she know? He feels an unbearable pain in his hands, in his arms, in the tips of his fingers; it feels like fire is running through his veins.

The cars have stopped, or are so many passing it seems like a still image?

The police officer nods to the hot dog man and mutters something into his radio, eyes never leaving Hajime as he walks away.

The windows of the cars, or car, create a reflection, a mirror. Hajime sees himself, terror in his eyes, pain contorting his features, as two glowing yellow eyes slowly descend, venom dripping from the dagger-like fangs, mocking laughter echoing all around him.

Necron:

Wendy sighs. “Then why pursue her at all? Just for practice?”

12. - Top - End - #162

Zombie

"Practise, to see if I can, and to say I have a girlfriend to my mum to get her off my back.
    I reckon she is worth... Two months? 3 if I take her on a 2nd date.
    Though it's not all selfish. I reckn I can get her off her Icey persona into a more social one, giving her an increased chance of finding love, getting a good job after college from having a better group of friends that will help her study so she has better grades and being in general a nicer person."

Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #163

Spoiler
    Show
    "Heh, fear? Maybe, but that's what happens when you face the unnatural," Crypt mutters, he looks up, cold fury making him look more dangerous, "time to end this," he says dashing forward to slam a fist into his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mainly not used to it. Crypt usually tries to get out before fighting, he's not a real fighter.

Rage Activated for +6 Str

Attack: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage is 15 + 4 for unarmed, so 19
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So it's a no go. Thanks for the info buddy. John says, starting his way towards the north side of north side of downtown.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OOC: Sorry about the delay, I've been adjusting to a new sleep schedule.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Er...right, absolutely." Adam slowly nods at her. "Man, this chick is a little offbeat. Can't really seem to get a good read on her. But then again, I guess I'm not really the most 'onbeat' person either." "It sounds like this is pretty important to you."
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-09-19 at 07:59 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hey guys, just as a second reminder, I've decided to lift the rule on discussions on the OOC thread. I gave it some thought and decided it wasn't a big deal in the long run.

All the other rules still apply though, so please no metagaming and remember to use your spoiler boxes!

Necron:

“You’re such a philanthropist, Gary.” She says with mild amusement. “Where would all the mean girls be without your understanding touch?”

She shakes her head. “You’re going to have so many enemies here by graduation.”

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt’s fist smashes into the goon with the shotgun, cartilage and bone crunching underneath the blow. The thug drops like a bag of bricks.

The summon lashes out at one of the thugs coming down the fire escape. He’s dead before he even hits the ground.

The last thug with a gun pulls the trigger, hitting Crypt in the gut.

The bullet bounces off.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Running will not pay off in the long run though. Besides, these guys are rolling really crappy toughness and will saves.

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    John reaches the north side in a relatively short amount of time. Trash litters the streets and the buildings all show signs of wear and tear. A few miscreants stand at a street corner smoking and drinking, but for the most part no one else is around. Cars pass through as quickly as they can.

The loiterers are all burly guys, covered in tattoos of various types.

But they all have fangs on their knuckles, a sign of the Gatos.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show

Your punishment will be severe! Just kidding, you only missed two days, hardly an unforgivable offense.

She smiles somewhat awkwardly. “Oh… Good...”

She suddenly changes the subject. “So, uh, have you heard the Flamers are performing tonight? They’re doing a show by the river up in Drakesville. I wanted to go, but the tickets are so expensive, and I really should study.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-18 at 12:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John starts discretely asking around for the location of Verda, making sure to avoid being pinged as a cop.

Gather Info: (1d20+2)[6]

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-09-18 at 10:23 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam continued having trouble pinpointing this girl's motives, but somehow that seemed to interest him even more. "So, was that a giant hint or is she sincerely just pointing something out? I mean, I could probably afford tickets for us both, but it'd mean eating nothing but ramen for basically the rest of the month. Hm, should I..... Yes, of course I should. There's no way I'm missing a chance on a girl this cute so early in the year. Besides, ramen's delicious."
    "Yea, we've all gotta study. But then again, it is just the start of the semester. Seems more like the time to relax and have some fun; save the cramming for midterms, right? Maybe you should go, and maybe I will too, and maybe we could like.....meet there....and sort of....be there together...?"
    Last edited by crazydude369; 2012-09-19 at 08:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt picks up the shotgun and goes to the next guy and slams the butt of the weapon into the guy, trying to get rid of the gunmen before his increased defense wore off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Toughness DC 19
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hajime reeled under the pain, unable to string coherent thought together as he pitched forward to the sidewalk. When he looked up and caught the reflection in the car window though, reflex spurred his body into action. Clutching at his head, he awkwardly swept a hand that he only vaguely recognized as his own around him, then took off running. Some rational part of his brain that wasn't affected by the pain recognized that this couldn't be real, that it had to be a dream or hallucination. That part of the brain was very quiet, though. Instinct told him to run. Unfortunately, all he could manage was stumbling a little ways into an alley, and collapsing under the pain again, his back against the comfortably solid brick.

21. - Top - End - #171

OrcBarbarianGuy

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    The information is iffy, but she’s probably gone to one of two places: Benning’s Tower, a hub of business located by the river, or she’s hidden out in Boydstown, a suburb on the north edge of the city.

Neither makes much sense though – Boydstown is a rather stable middle class suburb not known for heavy crime or being a place where the gangs are welcome, but Benning’s Tower is the HQ for a respectable business man. Neither seems like the sort of place she’d normally go…

Right?

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Veronica blushes a deep red. “Re-re-really? You and me? That’d… That’d be great! Are you sure it isn’t too much of a bother?”

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    The thug goes flying back, dropping his pistol. He survived that blow though, but blood is pouring profusely from his nose.

The other four thugs jump down. The shadow summon lashes out again! Another thug collapses, frothing at the mouth, but still alive.

The other three thugs rush Crypt, but their attacks are pathetic against his protection.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly, the nausea and vertigo subside. Hajime is able to stand, but he can only move a little bit at a time. As he begins to look around, he sees the bus downtown has already left.

And carved into the bricks across from him is a message of the utmost seriousness:

IF YOU DON’T ACT, HE WILL DIE

22. - Top - End - #172

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Haj groaned as he stood up, trying to piece together what just happened. He could remember details, but none of it made sense at all. However, as he rested his palms against the newly carved lettering, he knew that this couldn't be a dream anymore. Weird crap was happening, that was for sure, but the important part was that Karasu was in danger. The cops were to far away. He still had no idea where to find his brother. The gangs had him. So, where could he find the gangs? Hajime racked his brain for the places that were known gang hideouts, all those places that everyone avoided.

It was time to be Batman. Karasu needed him to be.

{Int or Wis check to remember hideouts: (1d20)[8]

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt does the same as he did before with another of the thugs, slamming the butt of the gun into another thug.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage 19 + whatever the gun adds
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam smiles at her. "Right back to the innocent girl, eh? Well, at least she said yes."
    "A bother? Of course not. In fact," he leans slightly across the table and lowly says, "I think I might kind of enjoy it."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

John starts his way back home, having hit a dead end. Neither locations was likely, he might as well let his boss drag her in. looking up, he starts mumbling to himself. Let's review, no physical evidence, nothing needa nada. Wait a minute. Taking out a phone, he makes a call.
    Hello, I need a blood test. Tox screen specifically.

OOC: May I call one of those free clinics to run a blood test on me?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Hey guys, just as a second reminder, I've decided to lift the rule on discussions on the OOC thread. I gave it some thought and decided it wasn't a big deal in the long run.

All the other rules still apply though, so please no metagaming and remember to use your spoiler boxes!

Necron:

“You’re such a philanthropist, Gary.” She says with mild amusement. “Where would all the mean girls be without your understanding touch?”

She shakes her head. “You’re going to have so many enemies here by graduation.”
    "Only if I do my job wrong. Can you tell me which part of my plan right here will make someone hate me? Or even know I did anything?
    Besides, if I did make an enemy I'd simply make it so they owe me something and then it doesn't matter if they hate me, they'll be in my debt and can't do squat or so relieved I did a big grand gesture that helps them out they'll forget their gripe with me."

Gary grabs his stuff as class ends, handing two tickets to her "You can give the second one to Theo. I trust you not to stuff up your complex plan. I will see you there Friday Night. Well, I'll see you around long before that but still..."

Sorry everyone

27. - Top - End - #177

OrcBarbarianGuy

One small note guys, I'll be away today and tomorrow on a seminar for school, so updates will be limited to when I find time in the evenings tonight and tomorrow. Regular posting will be back by Sunday.

Bladesmith:

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone knows not to go into industrial zone 4; it’s a Skin’s hideout. A metro rail goes between it and the city regularly.

EdroGrimshell:

Spoiler
    Show
    Another thug hits the ground. The rest stop and glance at each other, but the unwavering look of anger and dedication never leaves their eyes.

And they start to walk away.

The summon suddenly whirls it’s head, staring off into something you cannot see. “… Now… You… Ought… To… RUN….”

A bullet shreds through the brick work, hitting Crypt in the back and knocking him straight into the wall.

Crazydude:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam makes headway in the study of how deeply red a girl’s face can go. “S-sure. We can meet at the metro station outside of the campus… 7 o’clock?”

C_O:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I don’t see why not.

A quick trip and blood test later, and John is back out on the streets with a clean bill of health, besides the wound on his chest. He wasn’t hallucinating.

As he walks through the streets mulling over the case, someone bumps into him, dropping a piece of paper, and hurries off.

Necron:

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actually, we’re not waiting until Friday. The concert is tonight.

Wendy just shakes her head. “Friday? The concert is tonight, did you bump your head? Danielle will know by now her beloved isn’t where he’s supposed to be, Theo and I have made sure of that. The plan is sound, you’ll see.”

She walks away, flashing the tickets over her shoulder. “See you tonight, lover boy.”
    Last edited by Julian84; 2012-09-21 at 07:09 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ok thats cool. I can work with that. Though why there is a concert on a Tuesday is beyond me.

"Right Tonight, Sorry I was thinking about all my plans and got my wires crossed. See you then."
    Gary leaves, heading to the gym for a workout until he was sure Danielle would know all about her bf's cheating

Sorry everyone

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Picking up the paper, he goes after the man saying, sir, you dropped your paper!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Spoiler
    Show
    Crypt growls, before making for the fire escape, it's the only chance he really had at this point, "thanks for the heads up," he practically growls, not really aiming his anger at the shadow, but it leaked into his voice nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: (1d20+10)[28]
    Acrobatics: (1d20+7)[17]

I'm guessing this counts as a stressful situation, so I can't take 10. If I can, I'd prefer to do so.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show