New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Noxus] Mee's Plot Thread

[Somewhere]

The Angela's find themselves in what appears to be nothing more than an empty field. It stretches on for as far as the eye can see, with nothing but gloomy darkness and each other for company.

Until a voice speaks from no where, and everywhere at once.

"So, you want to know about your mother, do you?" The very deep, only minorly demonic sounding voice queried.
    "How about I show you the main point that defined the character of the Orianna you know and love, eh?"

The next thing that the Angelas see is the floor rippling and fading into pure blackness; soon, however, it is replaced with a scene below of a woman tied to a chair, and a man walking into the room directly to backhand her.

"Tell me! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" He yells at the woman, flecks of spittle flying from his mouth.

"Duke Kaerl, I'm assuming?" The woman asks, cricking her neck to work out the slap she just received. "Well, if you'd like me to be honest; I'm here to kill you. Thank you very much for coming to me. I didn't actually know who you were; I owe you one."

The man looks taken aback, but scoffs. "You really think that you have any position of power to threaten me? I expected more of the "great" Orianna. Professional Mercenary? Hah. You got caught trying to sneak into my castle! You're worthless, and now I get to give you over to the Empire for your crimes."

"Well, you can't turn me in if I kill you first."

"And just how do you expect to do that?" Kaerl asks, looking over his shoulder and scoffing at one of his two burly guards.

"Well you forget." Ori says, looking into Kaerl's eyes and smiling minorly crazily. "I don't work alone."

Then the floor ripples again, and fades to black once more.

"The way history is supposed to go; her backup came in the form of an elf, but because you three are here; you do it. Time is stopped, take your positions, and say when you want me to start the ball rolling."
    The voice says, the tone indicating that it was grandly waving a hand in the direction of the room Ori was in.

As the voice finished talking, the very air around the Angelas shimmered, and the room they had seen Ori in faded into existence.

It's a fairly large room, obviously a jail of some sort. The cells lining one wall were dirty, dark, but all were empty. The room is poorly lit, with water dripping down somewhere in the background.

"Just don't kill the dear Duke, m'ladies."
    Last edited by Mee; 2012-05-29 at 11:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Noxus] Mee's Plot Thread

The girls are, needless to say, completely bewildered by this turn of events. It takes them awhile to orient themselves with the room and accept what the voice is telling them. Then they look at each other and nod. Kynegetis stands between the two guards and closes her eyes, becoming perfectly still. Angela crouches behind the bound angel and reaches for the knots. Rhapsodia strikes a dramatic pose in front of Kaerl, pointing a finger at him.

Begin!
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-05-31 at 11:21 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #3

Angela might notice a few things about Ori; while her hair is its same red that it usually always is, but most everything else is different.
    Her eyes are more of a brownish color, she's missing her trademark wings, she's actually bruised (normally her regeneration fixes those nearly instantly), and is missing that ever so slight Angelic Aura.

This appears to be back when she was human.

She's also managed to slip her own ties.

At the girls' command, time begins its normal flow, and there's almost what sounds like a very, very demonic laugh fading into nothingness.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #4

Kyne explodes into action, pulling a black katana out of the air and rapidly swinging it at one of the guards' neck with enough force to cleave right through. Then she spins around and slices upwards at the second guard's arm, aiming to tear the muscles he needs to hold a weapon as well as severing his brachial artery.

When the foxgirl sees that this past version of her mother has managed to slip her bonds, she just gets out of the way and covers her eyes.

The instant time resumes, Rho casts a spell to blast harmless, brightly colored light out of her finger, right into Kaerl's eyes.

5. - Top - End - #5

The guards, not really expecting any sort of attack, and especially not one to just appear out of no where.
    Needless to say, the guards go down like the sacks of potatoes they, at least mentally, are; one missing a head, and the other clutching at his arm.

Kaerl, also not expecting an attack, reels backwards, clawing at his eyes.

Ori, however, was expecting an attack. Nothing of this particular type, but this is how it was going, she was just going to go with it.
    With a slight pull, her binds come loose completely, and she lunges at Kaerl, as she shoulders Rho out of the way. She'll apologize later; but for now, she had her contract to fulfill.

As Ori hits the man, he falls to the ground, still fairly dazed; Ori landing on his chest. Sensing that Kaerl can not see at the moment, and therefore cannot defend himself, Ori takes full advantage by plunging a thumb into each of Kaerl's eye-sockets.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Angela remains on the floor with her eyes closed. After Rho is pushed aside, she goes over to stand by the foxgirl. Kyne flicks the blood off of her sword and sheathes it back in thin air. She watches the injured guard die coldly, making sure he doesn't do anything spiteful while he bleeds to death.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Well, I'll admit," Ori says as she pulls her thumbs out of Kaerl's eye-sockets with a resounding pop. "I was expecting slightly different in the rescue department. But I do appreciate it.
    Now let's get out and get payed, shall we?"

She asks as she stands up over the dead body.

The guard does nothing but try to utter a quiet 'what even happened' before he expires, but can't quite manage it.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

With Rho's help, Angela manages to get out of the room without looking at the dead bodies. Kyne just silently studies her mother.

9. - Top - End - #9

"So I don't recognize you. You three new?"
    Ori asks, walking past the Angelas to look out into the next hallway to make sure it's clear.
    It is, there weren't many guards anyway this low down, and the few brutes who were stationed here are dead on the floor.

Ori looks different. Not much as far as age goes; pretty much the exact same, actually.
    But her entire bearing is different. A lot more tightly wound, her head moves in much faster jerks than the other Ori's, and at any random sound her hand instantly reaches for a sword that's just not there.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

We're new, but we're plenty experienced. Angela grins while she and Rho take their turn studying the woman.

Kyne notes the twitchiness and wonders if Ori will take one of the dead guards' weapons if she's that skittish. Where to now?
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-06-12 at 04:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    We're new, but we're plenty experienced. Angela grins while she and Rho take their turn studying the woman.

Kyne notes the twitchiness and wonders if Ori will take one of the dead guards' weapons if she's that skittish. Where to now?
    Ori sighs slightly for some reason at Angela's comment. Though she doesn't explain why.

"Now? Now we bugger out and get payed."
    She replies, looking around a corner, then waving the Angelas forward.

The castle has been quiet up to this point, and the lack of guards in the next hallway seems fit to not be changing the silence.

"We're about three or four hallways from the exit. Let's discuss more when we're outside, eh?"
    Ori asks, keeping looking around, less out of skittishness, but more out of being paranoid about being attacked.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Kynegetis takes point, moving confidently through the halls. She is completely, unnaturally silent and, in case anything here has a good sense of smell, is odorless as well. She manipulates her aura so that any weak-willed people may not see her at first.

Angela sticks close to Ori, while Rhapsodia brings up the rear, cautiously watching out for people.

13. - Top - End - #13

A few hallways later, the gate is discovered! And with it, the reason there are no guards around.
    It appears to be the middle of the night, and apparently there just weren't any gate-guards.

"And now we go meet up with everyone else, about 5 miles out of town, then head over to the other nearby town and get payed.

. . .
    Though wait."

Ori says, turning back around to face the other hallway.
    "Kaerl was supposed to have a book that someone wants.
    Let's go get that first."

And with that, she leads the way down another hallway, and quickly into the small library nearby.

Still no guards anywhere to be found.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

They all follow her.

15. - Top - End - #15

They all follow her.
    ". . . well? You're not here just to look pretty; and if you were you'd be failing miserably. Look around.
    We're after something with the stupid name of 'Gods and Their Counters', or something like.

It's supposed to be on Gods and Demons, should you be able to read."

Ori snips at them, scanning one line of books.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Angela starts pouting that Orianna doesn't think she looks pretty, but she and Rhapsodia quickly start looking through the shelves for the book. Kynegetis watches out for anybody approaching.

17. - Top - End - #17

Angela starts pouting that Orianna doesn't think she looks pretty, but she and Rhapsodia quickly start looking through the shelves for the book. Kynegetis watches out for anybody approaching.
    Rhapsodia would find the book quickly enough. It's fairly distinctive, being slightly smaller than the surrounding books, and having a much less professional looking binding on it.

Ori hasn't noticed, and is still looking over on her wall, should Rhapsodia want to read any of it.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

The Poetess opens the book and starts reading it.

19. - Top - End - #19

What Rhapsodia's able to gather just by skimming it, is the creatures that the general plebeian in this world call a 'god', is actually just a powerful angel, and The Elder God (in all capital letters, of course), is their creator and lord.

The demons have the same sort of structure, Demonic Gods that answer to an over demon; instead of, as the Church would have you believe, The Demons are chaotic creatures that fight amongst themselves, have no semblance of order, and that the forces of light will always be able to crush them because of some sort of divine favor.

The author's way of painting the Church makes it appear that he really, really doesn't like them much.

"So you can read. You know of that book, correct? The jumbled ravings of a madman, who had a person vendetta against the Church, and tried everything he could to tear down the beliefs that have been in places for several thousand years.
    The book's worth a fortune to the right people."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

You think there is nothing of merit to his words, then? Rho hands over the book.

21. - Top - End - #21

You think there is nothing of merit to his words, then? Rho hands over the book.
    Ori shakes her head slightly.
    "No, no chance. The one time I ever went to one of the Church services, there were some sacrifices made, and one of the Gods themselves showed up, in avatar form, of course, and assured us that the man was spouting nonsense."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Rho opens her mouth to argue, but then Kyne's there, resting a hand on her shoulder. Let's go.

23. - Top - End - #23

Rho opens her mouth to argue, but then Kyne's there, resting a hand on her shoulder. Let's go.
    Ori, book in hand, turns and starts to walk back out of the library.
    "All right, come on then."

As Ori walks out the door, the color fades from the world around the Angela's, and it fades into nothingness.

"Well, wasn't that a fun start?"
    Comes the resonating voice of whatever it is that brought the Angelas here.

But before they have terribly long to reacquaint themselves with the wonderful scenery in their new location, walls reform, showing that they're in what appears to be a study, a man sitting at a desk, Ori in the chair on the other side.

"Let's just skip to you getting paid, mm? Don't let anyone ever tell you I'm not generous."

With that, color fades back into the room, and with it, the sounds of conversation.

"~nd you brought book, I see."
    "We found it, yes. And the promised bonus . . . ?"
    "Yes yes, triple your usual fee, as we had agreed on. Just give me the book!"

Rho should notice that, for whatever reason, the book is back in her possession, and that she's center of attention, as the man and Ori both turn to look at her.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Rho looks at the book, then at her sisters. Seeing that they aren't sure what's even going on, she decides to play along and hand the book over.

25. - Top - End - #25

Rho looks at the book, then at her sisters. Seeing that they aren't sure what's even going on, she decides to play along and hand the book over.
    The man takes the book from Rho quickly, as though he were worried about her trying to run off with his precious.
    "You may leave now." He informs them, tossing Rho a rather hefty bag of gold.

With that, the room around the Angelas fades again into the featureless, reflective-ground plane they should know and love by now.

The voice that always welcomes them there is, as one might expect, still there.

"There, see, isn't money nice?" the omnipresent voice teases, "don't spend it all in one place, kiddos." There was enough money in the bag for each of the girls to buy something rather nice, actually.
    "...'bout what your dear Orianna said, that the book's just full of crazy. She was a little left out of the loop. Truth is, things really do work that way.
    "Everybody likes to think they have a nice mass of powerful Gods, with fancy wings and halos and harps. Ahahahah... those aren't Gods. Those are minions. In reality, there are just two Gods.
    One for the angels, one for the demons, and us demons are a lot more capable than everyone wants to believe. Organized, just like the book said. Just like the angels are.
    "Imagine the Church's panic when that got out! It's not at all surprising most of those books were burned. Can't have people thinking those 'good guys' might not win, can we girls? No, of course not."

Then the voice silences, allowing the Angelas some time to catch up, and perhaps even try to figure out exactly what's going on!
    Show