New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default (TGW)The Grand Waste--Apocalypse FFRP (Recruitment/Fluff Thread)

Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show

The world is in shambles. A devestating nuclear war has turned the Earth's biosphere into nothing more than a neverending stretch of arid badlands. The remnants of the world's powers grouped together to form a totalitarian government called The Aggregate. Their police forces are brutal, their military unflinching, their subjects cowards crushed in their iron fist.

That is, except for you.

You've heard rumors about a massive group of rebels stationed somewhere in Africa, but you doubt the rumors are true. How could a group of rebels get so large and not go unnoticed by The Aggregate? Some say the radiation particles interfere with remote tracking systems. Some say The Aggregate has written Africa off as uninhabitable. Others simply say the rebels are just good at hiding their presence.

Whatever the truth may be, you know one thing for certain: The Aggregate is going down, and you'll be there to watch them fall.

This is your standard post-apocalyptic FFRP. You can make any kind of character you imagine, so long as you provide a description of his/her background and what he/she looks like and you're something human (or formerly human).

Questions are welcome.
    Last edited by Sahaar; 2012-10-02 at 07:09 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

2. - Top - End - #2

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: The Grand Waste--Apocalypse FFRP (Recruitment/Fluff Thread)

I'd be very interested expecially since the last apocalypse FFRP I was in ended shortly after it started. I'm thinkig maybe do the same character or something similar.

Would a druid-esque character work well? Of course no magic but I mean more pro-nature sort with a few dogs and not many weapons.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    I'd be very interested expecially since the last apocalypse FFRP I was in ended shortly after it started. I'm thinkig maybe do the same character or something similar.

Would a druid-esque character work well? Of course no magic but I mean more pro-nature sort with a few dogs and not many weapons.
    A pro-nature character with a couple pet dogs would be fine :3
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

4. - Top - End - #4

GnomeWizardGuy

What about four dogs? One adult German Shepard, two german shepard puppies, and a mut puppy.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #5

Sounds good.

6. - Top - End - #6

Very yes.

I have a character that I haven't used in a while that would fit well. Her backstory is in a post apocalyptic future. In fact, she is a subject of a military experiment.

So, yeah, I would very much like to use her here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #7

That could work. Be even better if she was experimented on by The Aggregate!

8. - Top - End - #8

Her character sheet.

Brief summary would be that she's a cyborg, doesn't remember anything before waking up in an alley, and that the military made her.

Specific details can be tweaked to fit in this better. Like the where and when stuff.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

This looks too fun to just let die.

I'm normally a rather serious roleplayer, mostly because my energies are directed toward learning the rules of whatever system I'm currently using, but considering this is freeform, I'm just gonna have fun with it and roll with the first idea that pops out of my head:

hmm...

A nuclear mutant whose size has been stunted to two feet tall, who has bat-like wings with which he can fly in spite of his rather ugly asymmetrical anatomy, who has long ears and echolocation to compensate for his nearly-useless eyes, and whose feet are twisted cord-like tentacle things that make for extremely difficult walking, so most of his downtime is spent hanging from the limb of a friendly teammate. He's not smart but is very friendly, if a bit of a kleptomaniac.

There are other mutants like him, most having similar intelligence and personalities, but none of them identical in outward appearance. The Aggregate is divided on mutants: some of the Aggregate want to study them for their unique genetics, some see a potential easy source of slave labor, and some see them as pests to be wiped out. Whichever way, this little guy would certainly be no friend of theirs, and couldn't resist a chance to cause them mischief.

This is the best I've got half asleep. If you like the idea, I'll flesh it out a bit more later. If you've got advice for how to tweek this to make things more interesting/coherent/fun, I welcome it.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome to the FFRP subforum. Because there are so many different rp universes, each setting needs a [Tag] at the front of their thread title to allow players to find the thread they need. So please choose a word or abbreviation that works for you ([TGW] or [Apoc] or [Anything you want here]) and edit the title in the thread's first post, putting the tag at the front of the title.

Cheers, and happy roleplaying.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #11

Excellent! I'll make a new forum so we can start :)

This can be our OOC thread :P

Here it is! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post13991706
    Last edited by Sahaar; 2012-10-02 at 07:10 AM.