New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Grey Zone - Street]

The portal composed of white fog opening in the middle of the street is hardly a surprise to the denizens of the Nexus anymore. The armored warrior falling through it and trailing blood is a bit more odd, though. She lands a good distance from the portal, barely managing to hold onto her long sword. The demon that follows her through is huge, at least ten feet tall.

The armored woman who flew through the portal staggers to her feet. She brandishes her sword while clutching at the wound in her stomach with her shield arm.
    "Why, do I espy that you might need some help? Never fear, Sam Saturday is here." This rhyming voice is sung out in a sing-song manner by a short, tattoo-covered man leaning against a lamppost opposite the fight, a deck of tarot cards dancing between his fingers as his eyes track the duo from under the brim of a battered tophat.

With a snap of his ring-adorned fingers the cards vanish, replaced by a steel throwing dagger held by it's point between the thumb and index finger. A flick of the hand and the dagger is sent it's merry way, sailing towards the demon's skull. Knowing what I do of the foul Capra breed, the dagger itself will likely have little effect. The weakening spell engraved upon it is another matter.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grey Zone - Street]

The unnamed armored woman doesn't respond to Sam, focused on her opponent and on keeping on her feet.

The Capra Demon is hit by the throwing dagger, and barely feels it. But then it slows up a little, and it turns its eyes to Sam, glaring. It doesn't notice the warrior running to it, who thrusts her sword into the demon's thigh and backs off.

The Caprap Demon screams at that, and swings its two swords at the woman, who is able to jump back from them despite her wound.

3. - Top - End - #813

Gray Zone- Streets

Taking the moment of respite given to him, Sam rolls up his sleeves, revealing more tattoos flowing all the way up to his shoulder and beyond. Placing his finger upon a painstakingly detailed illustration of a curved eastern sword, he pulls the painted blade right from his skin with a magician's flourish and a puff of deep blue smoke, space and perspective around the impossible thin drawing seeming to twist for a second as it takes on a full set of dimensions.

Brandishing his conjured scimitar with both hands, Sam advances towards the demon, although he's clever enough not to rush in with too much haste and be promptly cut down. Further opportunities will present themselves, you've merely got to wait.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-04 at 06:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #814

[Grey Zone - Street]

The Capra Demon is focused on its fruitless exchange with the armored woman. Neither of them are hitting the other, though it's obvious that the giant demon still has the upper hand.

The woman rolls between the demon's legs to try and get around it. The Capra Demon turns, leaving his back exposed.

5. - Top - End - #815

Gray Zone or maybe Grey Zone

Stepping into the fray and the Capra's reach, Sam Saturday brings his scimitar flashing about in a quick double-strike, one two, one two, aiming to carve a bloody X across the demon's unarmored back. Although the scimitar shows no outward signs of magical nature, it's summoning was certainly flashy enough and there is indeed a subtle enchantment of sorts upon it, allowing the blade to cut through enchantments and warding spells better than any mere sharpened chunk of ore should be able.

Then it's back on the defense, the conjurer trying to withdraw from the range of those mean double blades and fall back into a guarded stance before the demon has a chance to focus it's wrath upon him.

6. - Top - End - #816

[Graey Zone - Street]

The demon yelps out and spins around, slicing its blades low along the ground as it does so. Sam can more than likely get out of range beforehand, though. It crouches down somewhat, preparing to strike at Sam again...

And then a longsword is stabbed through its back. Sam may notice that the blade now has a white glow to it. The woman lands from her jump, keeping her shield up as she backs away. The Capra Demon stumbles a bit, but it's probably not going to last much longer.

7. - Top - End - #817

Graey Zone- Street

Quickly lifting his forward right foot to avoid the spinning blades, Sam is immensely relieved that the woman's follow up forestalls the demon from attacking while he's still off-balance.

Regaining his pose he faints forward before ducking back once again and to the side, trying to lure the demon into throwing itself at him and giving the warrior women a chance to finish it.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-04 at 08:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818

[Graey Zone - Street]

The Capra Demon falls to its knee shortly after its stabbed, and the woman jumps up to pull back her sword, and in one motion, slash at the back of its neck. The demon falls to the ground after that, and fades into a white light shortly after. The woman is left standing on the ground, still breathing heavily and clutching her stomach wound. The portal that appeared is gone now.

9. - Top - End - #819

Graey Zone- Street

"Well, I must give a full round of applause to that most dramatic entrance. Had me on the edge of my seat." Sam comments, kicking idly at the street where the demon fell as if to make sure it's really gone.

"As you might've heard I am Sam Saturday, worker of the arcane arts." Pressing his hat to his chest and holding his other hand out to the side, the magician takes an almost comically low bow. "And who might I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

10. - Top - End - #820

[Greay Zone - Street]

The woman sheathes her sword and gives a short bow. "I thank you for your assistance, sir." Now that Sam can get a better look, he may notice that under her helmet, her eyes have a resemblance to rubies, and her skin, though marred with dirt, has an ever-so-faint glow to it.

"I'm afraid I have not heard of you, Mr. Saturday. I am Imesah Zhirov, a mere traveler."

11. - Top - End - #821

Iamar stands up and tries to lift Spitter to her feet, bringing her to an easy way down to the ground.
    Bakeries
    Spitter offers very little resistance. There's nothing she can really do at this point but bide her time.

---
    ((Earl, I gotta think of how I want to continue to play the dragon from here >~<))

---

Needle and Thread
    Rainbow is completely immersed at looking at pajamas right now and has paid no attention to anyone else.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #822
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponana Boulevard

A plauge has slowly wormed it's way into this street, and is spreading into the surrounding neighborhood with startling speed. It hits the young and women first, but it quickly spreads to men. Families will become infected in under a day, and most people who interact with the families come down with it quickly. The symptoms are obvious enough: Fever, weakness, and in extreme cases delirium sets in. Beyond that, however, no one has found a cure. The effect doesn't fade, some have had it for a month now. It's spreading faster, beginning to spread into additional streets...

((Anyone can visit the sick families, or look into the disease. This will work best for characters willing to do investigation. On the other hand, visiting this street might get you infected...))

13. - Top - End - #823

[Greay Zone - Street]

The woman sheathes her sword and gives a short bow. "I thank you for your assistance, sir." Now that Sam can get a better look, he may notice that under her helmet, her eyes have a resemblance to rubies, and her skin, though marred with dirt, has an ever-so-faint glow to it.

"I'm afraid I have not heard of you, Mr. Saturday. I am Imesah Zhirov, a mere traveler."
    "Oh, but you sell yourself so sadly short. No 'mere traveller' could have fought so bravely." The scimitar goes up in a puff of smoke as Sam tosses it aside, trying to clap a hand on Imesah's shoulder in friendly manner. "At the very least you meet the qualification for 'fierce amazon'. Now, I don't suppose you know where you are?"

14. - Top - End - #824

"Perhaps so," Imesah says. She's a little confused at the mention of amazons. What were those? She looks around as her shoulder is clapped, and she tries to shrug Sam's hand off after a couple moments. "Well, I was in what was called the Undead Burg, but I'm afraid I'm lost now."

15. - Top - End - #825

GnomeWizardGuy

The Temple of Splendors

A middle-aged Flarg clad in nothing but a pair of shorts walks up to the temple. I'm here for the swimming job? he asks me too! a teenage Flarg in jeans and a t-shirt says Same! a third Flarg says, this one looking about 26 clad in nothing but a loin-cloth.

Outside Trog's
    A young Minotaur with a young girl on his shoulder runs out from Trog's and into an alleyway with some conveniently placed crates at the back. He sets the girl down and immediately throws a spear, hitting one of the crates.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #826

[Outside Trog's]

Krystal looks around as she is set down, making sure there wasn't anything they'd get in trouble for breaking nearby. Like windows. Or people.

She watches the spear hit, then gives a side glance to Gird. She brings her right arm in front of her and quickly bends her wrist up. From the underside of her wrist slides a six-inch long crystal spike. It stays in her arm.

Without bending her wrist, she turns her body sideways and brings the arm back before, with a grunt, giving it a powerful swing at the crate. The crystal easily slides out of her arm and lands in the crate, right next to Gird's spear.

Krystal gives a confident smirk and looks to Gird. So, we gonna challenge ourselves?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #827

Graey Zone

Saturday obligingly removes the hand, noting that Imesah does not like to be touched. Different cultures, different norms, all that. "Well, although I've no clue where this burg lies, I can tell you with absolute confidence that where we are now is the Nexus. Call it a crossroads of sorts, where many roads meet." And where many devils can be found.

18. - Top - End - #828

[Graey Zone - Street]

"A crossroad between worlds? Can't say it's unlikely." Imesah has been to quite a few worlds, she supposed it was only a matter of time before she ended up somewhere like here. "Where exactly in the 'Nexus' am I right now?"

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

The Original Hank's Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Calvin nods, "Yeah, not only are there those that would take advantage of any sort of power vacuum, but there are some people who want to have some sort of strutered society. Saying that it was every man for themselves and then figuring everyone will turn out fine would just be cruel."
    "And it's the weakest and most vulnerable who would suffer. What becomes of the children? The elderly? The intellectually and physically disabled? Thoreau was concerned about social justice though. Slavery enraged him, as well it should. At the time it was written, Slavery was legal throughout half the empire, and the other half tolerated it because they didn't want to disrupt the status quo." Charity says. (loaded it onto my kindle and have it 1/3 read now. )

Ponana Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponana Boulevard

A plauge has slowly wormed it's way into this street, and is spreading into the surrounding neighborhood with startling speed. It hits the young and women first, but it quickly spreads to men. Families will become infected in under a day, and most people who interact with the families come down with it quickly. The symptoms are obvious enough: Fever, weakness, and in extreme cases delirium sets in. Beyond that, however, no one has found a cure. The effect doesn't fade, some have had it for a month now. It's spreading faster, beginning to spread into additional streets...

((Anyone can visit the sick families, or look into the disease. This will work best for characters willing to do investigation. On the other hand, visiting this street might get you infected...))
    Charity and her trainer, a nurse practitioner named Mitchal arrive to investigate. They're dressed in high end biohazard gear which looks similar to Remnant's skin tight body armour. Helmets are engaged and they have their own air supply. The two enter the neighbourhood, looking to see if any sort of organization is set up among the sick and their carers.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #830

Graey Zone

Saturday grins, throwing out his hands in a grandiose gesture at the entire city. "Why you're in the nexus of the Nexus, Inside, city of a million and one impossible things! Estimated population somewhere between two and two million."

21. - Top - End - #831

[Graey Zone]

Imesah looks around, pretty sure she can see at least four different types of architecture in the surrounding buildings. "It certainly isn't like any city I've ever been to, that's for sure." She turns back to Sam. "How long have you been here, if I may ask?"

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I could see you wanting to just drop out of a society like that I guess."

Calvin had been missing a lot of the context of the book, but he had managed to pick up on some of it with guesses.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"I could see you wanting to just drop out of a society like that I guess."

Calvin had been missing a lot of the context of the book, but he had managed to pick up on some of it with guesses.

"There ended up being a horrible bloody war to free the slaves, a hundred years before I was born. The legacies still remain. Those who have dark skin are still treated as lesser. The same way bigots here treat those who are not of their own as less. It isn't just the humanists who do it. I've seen it among the drow, the dwarves, those who use magic... it seems whatever makes people into people makes them want to see themselves as superior to others."
    Charity says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #834

Graey Zone

"Time, time..." Folding his arms across his chest Sam taps a finger against his chin, genuinely puzzled by how to answer that. "I've been here long enough to know many things about this place, and to know there's much more I may never understand. Reality is quite fluid in this realm you see. There is a time for all things here, but, I think you'd be hard pressed to put a number on any of them.

Does that answer your question?"

25. - Top - End - #835

[Graey Zone]

"Well, no, not really, but I suppose that'll have to do," Imesah says, shrugging. "Certainly an interesting place, though."

26. - Top - End - #836

Graey Zone

"In workman's terms, every watch in the city shows a different time and you'd go mad trying to sort it all out." Sam says, shrugging back with a hint of a laugh in his eyes. "And yes, it is indeed! I could show you around, but first, might I offer my assistance in healing the injury that brute demon inflicted?"

27. - Top - End - #837

[Graey Zone]

"Hm? Oh, no, I have it taken care of." Imesah places her hand directly on her wound. The wound starts to glow before healing itself. "Thank you for offering, though."

28. - Top - End - #838
    Pixie in the Playground

[Abandoned Temple]

At the entrance of the Temple sits a man in red armor. Without a doubt this man is The Red Mercenary. The outside of the temple itself is weathered by nature and looks like a lumpy brown rock. Only the entrance has any semblance of its former state.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

29. - Top - End - #839

Abandoned Temple

The Mercenary will probably notice Evan, a slightly above average height human with blond hair and gray eyes walking towards him. On his back are three rifles, each bigger than the last.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Pixie in the Playground

[Abandoned Temple]

The Red Mercenary will notice the man approaching him. He will turn to face him and ask, "Ah, do you happen to be here on the quest I posted?" Just to note The Red Mercenary is 6 feet tall.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve