New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Ponona Blvd

"You're welcome, dear," Erin says with a smile, turning away, and sighing as she feels a sniffle developing. Oh well. It's the price she pays to help.

...and she'll start going around and providing spooooooooooky healing-life-force-energy infusions to as many paitents as she can.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

Fleeing

"Yes, I have. Ekkehard Ohtheresson, at your service. Maybe next time we should try the dwarfs; they don't run as fast." 'Ekkehard' smiles.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Whether the effect on charity works is up to her player, of course.

And Erin does good, going around healing people. She is thanked a lot! She wouldn't have sniffles, though. Just the fever and weakness.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fleeing

"Yes, I have. Ekkehard Ohtheresson, at your service. Maybe next time we should try the dwarfs; they don't run as fast." 'Ekkehard' smiles.

"I have to be careful though. Mum's going to be furious when she sees I got a black eye. We're supposed to be staying low-key."
    Emily says.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Whether the effect on charity works is up to her player, of course.

And Erin does good, going around healing people. She is thanked a lot! She wouldn't have sniffles, though. Just the fever and weakness.
    Charity gets into the hypnosis fairly well. But Taul messed up (and really should have known better) by mentioning Hel.

"Keep your **** gods out of my head!"
    she snarls. She does feel a little better though. "I'm going to get back to work now. Find someone else to play gods and mortals with."

Taul sighs. "Very well. Go."

And he... honestly isn't sure what to do now. How do you treat a mass psychogenic illness when you don't know the cause or the vector and your player really hates the entire concept and thinks that doctors and scientists will eventually discover that the entire theory is as faulty as the Victorian theory of female hysteria and that there really were organic causes for the various mass hysteria incidents in history?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

[Ponona Blvd]

Erin keeps going for as long as she can...

...until finally her use of her own life-force for healing combined with the illness and she collapses.

...then pushes herself to her feet a moment later, her eyes glowing bright green, as she shakes her head, battling the illness on the inside!

"Can't stop. Need to help."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-12 at 08:33 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

"Oh, sorry. Broadway's where all the best plays go where I'm from." Aiden looks over the contract, and he'll sign it if he sees a decent wage. "Hey, is there anywhere I can stay? I'm living in condemned buildings."

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Things are not looking good here. In fact, things are looking bad...

"YOU ARE NOT A WEAKLING! GET UP AND MOVE!"

"Stop that, CB! You're not making anything better-"

"But I am. Look at him move. He is up again. Lots of people here are strong enough to move. If they just get up and walk, they will realize that."

"CB, these people are sick-"

"Yes. Down with a horrid case of the Phantom Plague. This has come up time and time again. All they need is to get up and walk."

"Not like that!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, where are the psychiatrists? There aren't any? I happen to be one."

"You're the worst psychiatrist ever!"

"What's that? Well, I've gotten five people to overcome this weakness already. How are you doing?"

Maybe someone can take a minute or two to quell the quarreling robots?

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [The Temple of Splendours]It's quite possible that she might be accompanied by a green-eyed, short-haired brunette, sticking close to her side and looking around with a blush.
    Equally possible that both may be accompanied by a white-skinned young woman, her only visible eye glowing blue and her hair pale cyan; unlike her picture there, she's finally put some shoes on. She follows the others closely, looking around.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

"Oh, sorry. Broadway's where all the best plays go where I'm from." Aiden looks over the contract, and he'll sign it if he sees a decent wage. "Hey, is there anywhere I can stay? I'm living in condemned buildings."
    It's got quite good wages, with the option to take payment in money, beneficial magical effects, or a mixture of both, though they have the option of dropping him at any time if his work becomes unsatisfactory, in which case he'll retain title to anything that they haven't already put on or begun advertising to put on.

[Temple of Splendours]

Should Pass be there, Talina quite possibly has an arm around her as well, and in any case appears quite happy to be out with both of them.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

The Original Hank's Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"I'm not an assassin. I just, when I fight I don't hold back. I am stronger then I look, and my Uncle has plenty of people out there that would want to hurt him. Kill him. Kill me. If I don't stop them...

He is my family, all I have left. He has given me a place to stay, to belong. I owe him.

I'm not an assassin."

Though he clearly isn't convinced of this, he is trying hard to belive it despite his feelings of guilt. Not to mention his last mission upset him a lot.

"Life isn't about anything. It just happens."
    "Yes. It just happens. Then we make something of it. Damn it, Calvin, you're better than this!" Charity insists.

Ponona Blvd

Edijar returns then after having brought in some more patients. On seeing the quarreling robots, he tries to grab them and knock their heads together. "Less bickering, more helping."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #1031

Ponona Blvd

Things are not looking good here. In fact, things are looking bad...

"YOU ARE NOT A WEAKLING! GET UP AND MOVE!"

"Stop that, CB! You're not making anything better-"

"But I am. Look at him move. He is up again. Lots of people here are strong enough to move. If they just get up and walk, they will realize that."

"CB, these people are sick-"

"Yes. Down with a horrid case of the Phantom Plague. This has come up time and time again. All they need is to get up and walk."

"Not like that!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, where are the psychiatrists? There aren't any? I happen to be one."

"You're the worst psychiatrist ever!"

"What's that? Well, I've gotten five people to overcome this weakness already. How are you doing?"

Maybe someone can take a minute or two to quell the quarreling robots?
    Ponona Blvd.

As CB inquires after psychiatrists, a faint chittering can be heard over the sounds of the crowd near the gymnasium doors. A very familiar and recognizable chittering. When Edijar is about to slam the robots together, the doors open briefly, allowing Slii the ratcatcher to slink in through the opening before closing it shut behind him to shut out his encroaching agoraphobia. It's almost as if the universe provided CB with someone who, by comparison, is even less able to deal with the situation properly than he is.

And of course, disregarding the burly Remnant soldier that's trying to knock his comrade out, Slii slinks up to the pair of robots, peering with rheumy yellow eyes at CB.

"Chktchkt, Slii is able-ready to help tin-thing with plaguebearers. Slii is immune, yes-yes, can be much-help in snuffing out sick-makers."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1032

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden practically salivates at the offered wage, and it doesn't take more convincing for him to sign the contract. "Well, thanks for taking a chance on me, Ms..."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

CRONK

"That really wasn't necessary, we-"

Woo looks at Slii.

"Oh, hi there. Slii, W33-00. Woo, Slii Arhem The Rat Man."

"...what is he?"

"A Rat man."

"...is he infected?"

"He has all the infections."

"Well, most of them."

Woo hovers over to a nearby newspaper and starts to roll it up...

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

"Dyrr.

Oh, and to answer your earlier question, there are rooms free here, and a reasonable number have been set aside for the use of members of our troupe."

15. - Top - End - #1035

[Hollow Hill]

"Thanks, Ms. Dyrr. Now, I hope you don't mind, but I'd really like to go get some good rest." I haven't noted this before, but while Aiden is dressed nice enough, it's obvious that he hasn't slept well in weeks.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

The drow nods, and stands.

"Of course. If you'll follow me, please?"

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, I'm not."

He sounds apologetic, and sitting on the edge of his seat. Leaning forward with his hands tucked under his legs he stares at his feat. He seems ready to get up and leave, and is contemplating it. He has already said too much, the weed making him open up he now realizes. He should get up and go, walk through the door and disappear. For now he just sits, something holding him back.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

18. - Top - End - #1038

[Hollow Hill]

"Yeah, no problem." Aiden stands as well, and follows the drow to wherever she takes him.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

She leads him to a reasonably nice room, then, and, unless stopped, heads back off once she has, stopping in the doorway just long enough to say that they make a rather nice, and quite effective, drink to help people fall asleep, and ensure they have pleasant dreams, if that would be of use to him.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponona Blvd

CRONK

Woo looks at Slii.

"...what is he?"

"A Rat man."

"...is he infected?"

"Well, most of them."

Edijar quickly summons over Mitchal, who gapes at Slii. "We can't treat him here with the other patients. We'll have to quarantine him separately."

Taul pulls Erin aside. "Healing individual patients is not going to help. They just get reinfected. We need to figure out what's going on with this disease." And he explains to her what he's learned so far.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"No, I'm not."

He sounds apologetic, and sitting on the edge of his seat. Leaning forward with his hands tucked under his legs he stares at his feat. He seems ready to get up and leave, and is contemplating it. He has already said too much, the weed making him open up he now realizes. He should get up and go, walk through the door and disappear. For now he just sits, something holding him back.

Whatever was holding him back before, it may be Charity holding him back now. She tries to slide over next to him and hug him tightly. "Yes. You are."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #1041

Ponona Blvd

CRONK

Woo looks at Slii.

"...what is he?"

"A Rat man."

"...is he infected?"

"Well, most of them."

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Edijar quickly summons over Mitchal, who gapes at Slii. "We can't treat him here with the other patients. We'll have to quarantine him separately."

Taul pulls Erin aside. "Healing individual patients is not going to help. They just get reinfected. We need to figure out what's going on with this disease." And he explains to her what he's learned so far.
    Ponona Blvd

Slii cackles for a few moments before his raspy laughter devolves into a hacking, spitting cough, " Kekekeke-couhblark! Slii is not here to spread sickness and misery, no-no-no. Slii's diseases stay within Slii, do not effect others unless he wishes them to. Clan NO has not paid him to spread them, so he has not." And that is his opinion on that. Since CB has tested Slii before, he's aware that the rat man has nothing to speak of in terms of an immune system, and every single disease, bacteria, and infection he's ever been exposed to still flourishes in his body. And yet, as he has said, no one at NO has taken ill from getting into contact with him.

"What is this one? Fever-chills? Wasting illness? Slii has counters for both, yes-yes!"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

"Oh, he has a version of mass hysteria that makes him believe himself to be sick. It's psychogenic illness, which means that there's no biological reason for it. He has a fever and is very weak."

"It's inside me... It's inside me! IT'S INSIDE MEEEEEEEE"

"Oh, and the random bouts of varying psychosis."

Woo, for his part, puts down the newspaper and tries to calm the man down.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Dwarf in the Playground

Calvin almost pulls away before realizing she is just hugging him. He doesn't have a lot of experience with hugs. He just sits there stiffly. His eyes squeezed shut. He doesn't cry but he shakes slightly which she should be able to feel.

Eventually he seems to calm down and leans into her slightly.

"I can't just walk away."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "This looks good," Louis says pointing at an address in the book. "Hollow Hill." He quickly scribbles the address on his hand with a pen. "Do you want to try here?" he asks Meli.
    Meli looks curiously at the address, silently mouthing the words before nodding. Meli enthusiastically writes in reply.

"It looks like a good place to look, very much so. Is it inside a real hollow hill?"

The Elf gives Louis a quizzical look, eye bright with curiosity and wonder.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Phone Booth

"I don't think so," Louis answers. "It's probably just a nice sounding name. Alliteration is appealing." It's also a common trope with superheroes, so although he doesn't indulge himself, he knows a lot of people who do. "In this city, it's a possibility, though.This is a good walk away, do you want to fly?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1046

[Hollow Hill]

"No thanks," Aiden says. "I'm not much for that sort of thing."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Abandoned Temple]

The shots hit the golem that did not even bother to dodge. The bullets are in the head and chest halfway buried in. As a stone golem it doesn't seem to feel any pain. Fists will continue to be aimed at Evan, somewhat faster this time around. Over at the stairs going up, creatures are coming through. They look like lizards thrice the size of an oversized alligator. They are starting to form a swarm. Surt in the mean time looks like he's concentrating on something. A pulse-like sonar can be felt emitting from his left arm.
    Evan doesn't waste any time, he aims shots for the lizard's eyes in an attempt to buy both Surt and himself some time. As he moves backward to avoid the Golem he takes another round from his coat and loads it into his rifle. Golems are magical, at least Evan thinks that is the case as he loads an anti magic round into his rifle and fires it towards the Golem's chest. The anti magic rounds are meant to get around magical defenses and because of that, Evan hopes that the round will actually cause the Golem some trouble.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Pixie in the Playground

[Abandoned Temple]

That's one monster shot but there ate at least 19 more of those things swarming in real fast. Another round and the should be near enough to attack. The bullets hit and cause normal damage, the golem seems to be a non-magical construct. Surt finishes and shouts. "Aha, so that's why! There are four energy cores! One deep in the middle of the chest, one more in the left shoulder, another in the right arm and last..... on the crotch!? "
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Phone Booth

"I don't think so," Louis answers. "It's probably just a nice sounding name. Alliteration is appealing." It's also a common trope with superheroes, so although he doesn't indulge himself, he knows a lot of people who do. "In this city, it's a possibility, though.This is a good walk away, do you want to fly?"
    Looking critically at the tattered cloak and holding the bear-claw up to the mechanic eye, Meli nods. Shedding the cloak, Meli reveals a pair of black wings, as misplaced as most of the Elf's chimeric body parts. One wing feathery like that of a raven and one much like those of bats, though both sized for much larger creatures.

"I think I can fly there myself, no need to weigh you down. I hope my wings are not as unusual as I was scared they'd be."

Meli writes, looking nervously at the nearest bystanders. Encouraged by their apparent lack of disapproval, the chimeric Elf hides the notebook away in the pocket of a pair of denim-based pants.

Beaming a smile at Louis, Meli stands ready to soar.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #1050

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Looking critically at the tattered cloak and holding the bear-claw up to the mechanic eye, Meli nods. Shedding the cloak, Meli reveals a pair of black wings, as misplaced as most of the Elf's chimeric body parts. One wing feathery like that of a raven and one much like those of bats, though both sized for much larger creatures.

"I think I can fly there myself, no need to weigh you down. I hope my wings are not as unusual as I was scared they'd be."

Meli writes, looking nervously at the nearest bystanders. Encouraged by their apparent lack of disapproval, the chimeric Elf hides the notebook away in the pocket of a pair of denim-based pants.

Beaming a smile at Louis, Meli stands ready to soar.
    Phone Booth -> Hollow Hill

"You're a surprise a minute," Louis says. He hovers just above the ground, happy as a clam. "Let's go. Follow me." He takes to the sky, in the direction of Hollow Hill
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-13 at 03:11 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters