New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Ponona

Mitchal at least feels like he's getting somewhere with getting rid of CB, and looks over at Slii. Yup. Time to get rid of him too. He doesn't know what NO is up to, but it can't be anything good, so he heads that way.

CB will be allowed to wander the quarantine area, but he won't be allowed to leave.

Charity is continuing to be sick.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona

Woo turns to Slii. "You what? Um, I think I should go double-check. Just to make sure. Could you please show me the patient in question?"

CB will roll up to the device that was just dropped in. What have we here?

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Slii turns to Erin and raises a cautionary finger, hooked towards her like a vicious claw, "If you turn that on tricksy one, Slii will not be able to hold in his illness, and sick-ones will die of illnesses much more real than this phantom fever." His voice is deadly serious, even though he devolves into coughs at the end. Then he turns to Woo and the rest with a visible scowl, knowing that if Erin doesn't take his warning seriously it will be on her head.

"Tin-thing does not believe Slii? He will demonstrate then. Not on one-by-one patient, no-no-no, Slii will cure them all to show the true power of Clan NO's mighty sorceries!" The rat man cackles, rubbing his hands together and generating a mighty looking amount of green light between his palms. More light still pours forth from eight points around his skull, over the shards of wyrdstone that were implanted there so long ago. Unlike before, this light is soft and mellow, and does not harm the eyes to stare into despite the obvious wrongness of the chaos magic.

Slii raises his voice with a visible effort, letting it carry through the gymnasium, "Feeble manthings, Clan NO is your salvation today. Slii has found the cure for your sickenings, and provides it so that you will all know his greatness and generosity. Behold!" Slii casts his hands and head upwards, straightening into a rigid posture as the light flies from his limbs and splits, little forks of green lightning spreading outwards and attempting to strike each person lying on a bed in the forehead and dissipate harmlessly, doing nothing.

At least doing nothing physically or mentally. Slii feels himself clever for figuring out that the way to change the minds of such a large group of people must be all at once, and so he has given them all a "cure" to latch on to in their minds. One impressive enough that no one could doubt how effective it must be.

"Sickness is no more. Slii has driven it from you."

((If someone in the group would try to stop him, feel free to say so in your posts.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Weird looking place, this one.

An old rusted cyclone fence surrounds a landscape of concrete and steel. Undulating artificial hills and rails dot the park as a means of amusement for those who happen to enjoy woshing around on skateboards.

Of course...

Since one doesn't see skateboards in the Nexus that often the place is rather neglected.

Strange how that works in the Nexus. How places tend to be forgotten and simply corrode away into the ever shifting landscape....

A crackle of pearlecent white magic.

And then-

ZOT!

Sigil Stripe appears, his saddle bags loaded down with a plethora of magical trinkets and baubles. He's here for a magic lesson. Or rather, to teach a magic lesson. The unipony sits down on a flight of stairs and waits for Astrid.
    Astrid arrives at the skate park a short time later looking around for Sigil. When she spots the Unipony she gives a wave and quickly heads over. She is wearing a different long skirt and blouse today, still looking fairly old fashion.

"Hi there, how are you doing today?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1145

[Abandoned Skate-park]

Astrid will find Sigil Stripe sitting!

And fiddling with... is that a flute?

It looks kind of like a flute.

One of his ears twitches toward the young woman, followed by a turn of the head and a smile.

"Ah, you made it! Wonderful. Just on time, too. Are you ready to begin?"

Hopefully she is.

Otherwise there will be some boring sitting around in the near future.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate-park]

Who wants boring sitting? No one that's not who.

But it seems that Astrid is ready to go and full of energy.

"Yes I am, what do you want me to do."

She says looking at the flute with a raised eyebrow.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #1147

[Abandoned Skate Park]

This seems to be one of the few parks in the Nexus that isn't full of horrible monsters of one kind or another. Seems Sigil chose the location well.

"Excellent! We'll begin by having you test your abilities with a focus," the unipony replies as he levitates a plethora of various objects and trinkets and baubles out of his saddlebags.

Quite a few interesting looking things...

The flute, for one. A rod made of some kind of purplish crystal. What appears to be a brass charm on the end of brass chain. A small red glass orb about the size of a base ball. A thin red leather glove with some odd symbols stitched into it in black. And of course the flute.

"Pick one. Whichever seems to feel right to you."

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Astrid looks over all the items for a minute or two. In the end she picks up the leather glove. She rubs her fingers over the stitching admiring it for awhile before looking up at Sigil.

"Can I put it on?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #1149

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Sigil simply nods in reply.

When the glove is slipped on it should feel... interesting... Maybe even disturbing.

Almost as if the material itself were angry. As if its one burning desire is to reach out into the world around it and just set everything alight. To make the world blaze. Oddly enough it shouldn't make Astrid feel angry at all. More akin to holding a snarling, snapping chihuahua on the end of a leash. She has complete control over it and what she unleashes it on is completely up to her.

"Well?" the unipony inquires. "Try your abilities. Tell me how it feels."

His journal is open and he's ready to take notes!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Astrid frowns a bit as she feels the weird sensation from the glove.

"It seems angry, like it is alive or something."

She sounds a bit reluctant to use her power but with a determined look she summons up a large flame in mid air. She tries to make it about the size of a basketball, about the biggest she has ever managed control before.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #1151

[Abandoned Skate Park]

FWOOSH!

Less summon. More... releasing. Reaching into herself and unleashing her power upon the world. The glove seems quite happy to take Astrid's mana and explosively manifest it in mid air.

The ball of flame blasts into existence before collapsing into a roiling orb of burning power. It should be almost absurdly easy to conjure up the fire. Far easier than before.

Like the glove it feels almost hungry to be set loose upon something. To be cut away from her will and to burn free and wild.

"That's to be expected. Those gloves are made from the shed hide of a salamander and sewn with spun obsidian,"
    Sigil replies. "It has a bit of a mind of its own. But that means you spend less energy on manifesting your power and instead focus purely on controlling it. The only downside is that it wants to burn things."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

"Honestly it is a bit creepy. I am not a big fan of it seeming to try and get away from me."

She frowns a bit wanting to take off the glove but she keeps it on for now to help keep control of the fire. She will admit that it seems a whole lot easier then before.

She makes the ball gently roll around on the ground in a small circle.

----------------

[Entering the City]

After a long walk Calvin returns hopefully with Hui still following along. Being a giant Hui might get a few glances but in the Nexus just being a giant normally won't draw too much attention. Then again there are those silly human supremacists out and about now, maybe they want to pick a fight with a giant.

---------------------

[A Park]

Angie leads Sharon to a small park. It is like a chunk of old forest plopped down in the city. There are several nice neat paths that go through it. Even during the brightest day it is slightly dark in the park. There are lights hidden throughout the park to keep the path well illuminated.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-09-17 at 03:35 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1153

Dragons!
    The Elder Dragon looks around briefly before speaking.
    "Aum...hmm..."
    The dragon began to weigh his options. On one hand, fighting with one's kin was quite disrespectful. On the other, he did need to draw out...her.
    He then made his decision.
    He proceeded to let loose a burst of flame in the other dragon's direction.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons!

The red dragon responds with a roar, before releasing her own blast of fire at the intruder. She's unaffected by her opponent's flame; red dragons tend to nest in volcanoes and are incredibly resistant to heat. Enough heat will get through, however; though ice would be more effective.

Her boyfriend has finished his transformation into an equally impressive dragon with bronze scales, though he also hasn't reached his full size, he is certainly mature. He jumps up and flies to one side, hoping to flank his enemy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hollow Hill]

Aiden is quickly brought his food by the shy girl, then. Or something like that. I'm tired and I don't remember if I already posted for that...

Should Meli and Young Star actually enter Hollow Hill, they'll find that it's rather dark inside, with just enough light to see to get from one table to a nearby one, and that all of the seats are set far enough away from the other groups to avoid eavesdropping; they may also notice the drow standing near one of the clusters of chairs near the door, hugging a tiefling.

"You're welcome. Though it's not really necessary to thank me; you're a nice person, from what I can tell, so why wouldn't I care?

And not really, no. There's one writer, but so far, that's it besides the two of us."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-17 at 06:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1156

[Hollow Hill]

"Thanks," Aiden says as he starts to eat his meal. He considers looking for a place where he can get more human-suited food, but not immediately.

17. - Top - End - #1157

[Abandoned Skate Park]

The ball of flame obliges her will and begins to roll, leaving a little burning trail behind it.

"Any focus has its own downsides and benefits," Sigil explains. "That's the point of our first meeting here. To find out which of these little baubles will be most useful and most natural to you."

Seems like a good place to start, right?

"Once you have gotten a good feel for the glove, why not try something else? Just make sure to take it off first. It might get jealous otherwise."

Wait, what?

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Well if the glove can want something, it should be able to feel jealousy, at least that is how Astrid figures it. But she is eager to slip off the glove letting the fire burn out to nothing without her power to sustain it. She looks over the other items unsure of which to choose, but eventually picks up the glass orb in her hand.

"What's the story with this one?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1159

[Abandoned Skate Park]

The glove is pulled away. It seems almost disappointed to be set aside.

Then the glass orb is picked up!

Where the glove felt like a wild, hungry thing...

...the orb is comforting. Almost embracing. Like a warm fire a hearth whilst one is wrapped in a blanket and sipping hot chocolate. Astrid should almost be able to feel warm wings shrouding her with a sensation of love and protection.

"That,"
    Sigil replies. "Is a soulstone. The soul of a phoenix is copied inside of it."

Well.

That's nifty.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Oh yes Astrid likes that feeling. Carefully holding it in both hands she pulls it close to her chest embracing it and smiling.

"Oh wow. See this one is much nicer then that other one. I like this one."

She concentrates and uses her power again trying to do the same thing she did before, wondering what the difference this one will bring.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #1161

[Abandoned Skate Park]

As before flames leap into being, but where as before they were violent and hungry this time they ignite with a sound of hissing fire and the call of some bird of prey.

For a moment the ball of flame has a vaguely bird-like appearance, but that quickly vanishes as it shapes into an orb.

This fire doesn't want to devour and consume and destroy.

It wants to bring warmth.

To bring light.

To bring protection.

"A word of warning. The glove, while aggressive, has no true will of its own. What you're holding now is the heart of a phoenix. And she'll do her best to try to steer you toward uses of your abilities that she believes are good and right. She can't control you. But she will suggest."

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

"How did the phoenix soul end up in the sphere?"

She feels a bit guilty holding onto a creatures soul, especially one so warm and nice. Maybe getting suggestions from it wouldn't be so bad.

She tries to shape it back into bird like appearance. She has never had fine enough control to make that kind of shape before, but maybe the orb would help.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Abandoned Skate Park]

"I copied it into the soulstone," Sigil replies matter of factly. "Soul stones come in two general types. One captures both the soul and spirit of a creature. They become a prisoner inside, fully aware and trapped. The other simply creates a copy of the soul without doing any harm to the original. It's an echo of the original soul, a memory. They aren't as powerful, but they aren't as cruel either. She isn't aware unless she has someone else to be aware for her. In this case-"

The fireball easily resolves into the shape of a glorious bird of prey, feathers of flame and smoke and prismatic light. Eyes burning like torches peer curiously up at Astrid.

"-you."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

"I bet a phoenix is a beautiful creature. I would love to see one someday."

She stares into the eyes for a while, and then lets the bird fly up into the air to circle around a few times. She doesn't want to put this one down, but still wants to try the others.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

[Entering the City]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    After a long walk Calvin returns hopefully with Hui still following along. Being a giant Hui might get a few glances but in the Nexus just being a giant normally won't draw too much attention. Then again there are those silly human supremacists out and about now, maybe they want to pick a fight with a giant.
    Hui is there, walking as close to Calvin as she can, but careful not to step on him. She is looking all around, suspicious of every dark alleyway and timidly avoiding eye contact with anyone who looks threatening. Which is to say, everyone.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Temple of Splendours

Myrim swims up to Tina and tries to rest her hand on Tina's shoulder. "Excuse me, do you not think I'm attractive? Because you said that everyone here is either a good swimmer or a model." Myrim is quite pretty. Her teeth are quite pointy, and point inwards to prevent fish from slipping out, so that might put people off.
    Tina just smirks at Shrike, as the hand on her shoulder takes precedence. She lifts her head, looking down her nose at Myrim. "I may have spoken too soon. What's your name?" That 'may' makes it sound like she's still deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Aegis Vaults]

Doctor Decibel tries a new tactic, stomping the floor to send out a shockwave of sonic energy. Might throw some of them off balance, particularly grabby mcgrab. Let's see their shield stop gravity!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Aegis Vaults]

Whammo! Both Dr. Decibel's sonic wave and Gelley's rocket-slam straight into the lead robot's shield and go no further, a faint flicker of cyan light outlining the barrier on each impact.

Impressively solid workmanship for such old models.

The second robot drops it's own shield, extendable arms shooting out to make a grab for Divebomb while she's hopefully still recovering from running into a wall. The first scuttles aside, putting itself between Decibel and it's ally.
    Divebomb's surprised. Nothing's supposed to stop her! This is all wrong! She's knocked on her butt with a clang, right before something or other seizes her arms. She struggles violently, her reinforced arms pulling with enough force to tear steel. If Decibel's blast gives her the opening, Gelley will take a swing at Mr. Grabby's face while he's still unshielded.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Entering the City]

Calvin would say something to calm her down, but ever since walking back into the city he feels as if someone is following them. Which would be easy to do with Hui being a giant and all. Instead of saying anything he keeps it to himself, figuring that it is a bit of her nervousness rubbing off on him.

"See I told you it wasn't too bad. We could head to Trog's, I bet we could find someone there that could help you, or at least point you in the right direction to find your way home."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1168

Dragons!
    The Elder Dragon eyes the elven-dragon trying to flank him, and released a mighty shout!
    "Fus Doh Ras!"
    The shout should push the dragon away, as it'd feel like a smack from a mighty hammer trying to push him away.
    Not lethal though, more of something to repel him.

Meanwhile!
    The sound of steel falling on asphalt comes from a bit away.
    The armored figure of what seemed to be a man was slowly approaching the battle.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Temple of Splendours]

Kara slips into the pool as well, giggling at the sticky, slippery, sensuous sensations. "I think you're right," she tells Pass with a smile.

[Ponona Blvd]

"...unfortunatly that's not something I can cast," Erin says apologetically. "I can call for an AMF Generator to be provided though, without breaking quarantine even..."

At Taul's agreement, Erin closes her eyes for a moment, as she telepathically communicates...

...and about 45 seconds later, a Ground Bridge portal bursts open to one side of the room, a group of DRDs carrying a platform carrying a cylindrical device coming through before it snaps closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ponona

Mitchal at least feels like he's getting somewhere with getting rid of CB, and looks over at Slii. Yup. Time to get rid of him too. He doesn't know what NO is up to, but it can't be anything good, so he heads that way.

CB will be allowed to wander the quarantine area, but he won't be allowed to leave.

Charity is continuing to be sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona

Woo turns to Slii. "You what? Um, I think I should go double-check. Just to make sure. Could you please show me the patient in question?"

CB will roll up to the device that was just dropped in. What have we here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii turns to Erin and raises a cautionary finger, hooked towards her like a vicious claw, "If you turn that on tricksy one, Slii will not be able to hold in his illness, and sick-ones will die of illnesses much more real than this phantom fever." His voice is deadly serious, even though he devolves into coughs at the end. Then he turns to Woo and the rest with a visible scowl, knowing that if Erin doesn't take his warning seriously it will be on her head.

"Tin-thing does not believe Slii? He will demonstrate then. Not on one-by-one patient, no-no-no, Slii will cure them all to show the true power of Clan NO's mighty sorceries!" The rat man cackles, rubbing his hands together and generating a mighty looking amount of green light between his palms. More light still pours forth from eight points around his skull, over the shards of wyrdstone that were implanted there so long ago. Unlike before, this light is soft and mellow, and does not harm the eyes to stare into despite the obvious wrongness of the chaos magic.

Slii raises his voice with a visible effort, letting it carry through the gymnasium, "Feeble manthings, Clan NO is your salvation today. Slii has found the cure for your sickenings, and provides it so that you will all know his greatness and generosity. Behold!" Slii casts his hands and head upwards, straightening into a rigid posture as the light flies from his limbs and splits, little forks of green lightning spreading outwards and attempting to strike each person lying on a bed in the forehead and dissipate harmlessly, doing nothing.

At least doing nothing physically or mentally. Slii feels himself clever for figuring out that the way to change the minds of such a large group of people must be all at once, and so he has given them all a "cure" to latch on to in their minds. One impressive enough that no one could doubt how effective it must be.

"Sickness is no more. Slii has driven it from you."

((If someone in the group would try to stop him, feel free to say so in your posts.))

When Slii says what the anti-magic machine would do, Taul tries to put a hand on Erin to stop her from activating it. He doesn't stop Slii from casting his spell, however, nor does Mitchal. What if interrupting the spell makes Horrible Bad Things happen?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

Should Meli and Young Star actually enter Hollow Hill, they'll find that it's rather dark inside, with just enough light to see to get from one table to a nearby one, and that all of the seats are set far enough away from the other groups to avoid eavesdropping; they may also notice the drow standing near one of the clusters of chairs near the door, hugging a tiefling.

"You're welcome. Though it's not really necessary to thank me; you're a nice person, from what I can tell, so why wouldn't I care?

And not really, no. There's one writer, but so far, that's it besides the two of us."
    Okay... I'm just not used to it. She lets go after a minute and looks around. Who's the writer?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back